Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Well. I don't think meeting a group like this is fair in the first week. 3rd or 4th yeah...

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Based on top 50 characters we are close but we need 60 since I am in div 4. He ishas in div 3, has 700k more character gp as well as 3po, padme, traya etc

Work on unlocking those legendary characters, then. The numbers show, that you have the advantage (far more zetas, far more g11 characters, almost even amount of g12 characters and secondary speed mods). If you base your complaint on these numbers, your complaint is invalid. Your opponent simply did a better job unlocking legendary characters. Well done by him.

Lol he has more zetas you fool and g11 as well as 700k more character gp, before commenting look at the right side you ****.

And of course he has done better since he is a 3.6mil account and been around for a lot longer then my 2.5mil account. And not well done to him, I have g12 40characters in my roster from a 2.5mil account, please find me a similar result? I have cls, jkr, Dr, emperor, thrawn, gmy, chewbacca.. but Even if I went after all the legendary characters and g12 them, so let's say 55g12 with padme, 3po etc then again since now my top 60 characters are just about the best in the game I would get matched up with a 5+mil account even though I'd still be in the 2.8 mil range and again they'll just have an extra 1.5 mil characters go then me. I can never catch up, if you have a brain? I might as well just work on the bottom of my roster and not let the characters gp get into the top 60 which means there is no incentive to get the best characters or gear them from this match making.

On another note it looks like the match making took into account only the top 50 when it should have been top 60 since we have to set 6 (6*5=30*2=60)

Since that's the bot in play, it's the bot's fault what it's considering in your comparison and doesn't mean the algo does anything wrong.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Well. I don't think meeting a group like this is fair in the first week. 3rd or 4th yeah...

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Based on top 50 characters we are close but we need 60 since I am in div 4. He ishas in div 3, has 700k more character gp as well as 3po, padme, traya etc

Work on unlocking those legendary characters, then. The numbers show, that you have the advantage (far more zetas, far more g11 characters, almost even amount of g12 characters and secondary speed mods). If you base your complaint on these numbers, your complaint is invalid. Your opponent simply did a better job unlocking legendary characters. Well done by him.

Lol he has more zetas you fool and g11 as well as 700k more character gp, before commenting look at the right side you ****.

And of course he has done better since he is a 3.6mil account and been around for a lot longer then my 2.5mil account. And not well done to him, I have g12 40characters in my roster from a 2.5mil account, please find me a similar result? I have cls, jkr, Dr, emperor, thrawn, gmy, chewbacca.. but Even if I went after all the legendary characters and g12 them, so let's say 55g12 with padme, 3po etc then again since now my top 60 characters are just about the best in the game I would get matched up with a 5+mil account even though I'd still be in the 2.8 mil range and again they'll just have an extra 1.5 mil characters go then me. I can never catch up, if you have a brain? I might as well just work on the bottom of my roster and not let the characters gp get into the top 60 which means there is no incentive to get the best characters or gear them from this match making.

On another note it looks like the match making took into account only the top 50 when it should have been top 60 since we have to set 6 (6*5=30*2=60)

Since that's the bot in play, it's the bot's fault what it's considering in your comparison and doesn't mean the algo does anything wrong.

But the top 50 characters are close in the bot but the top 60 definitely won't be since he has over 60 g11 and g12 while I only have close to 50 and my roster is very focused so those remaining 10 toons gp is quite low from my side which makes me think their algorithm only took into account the top 50 for this matchup
  • Options
    focused players are punished for their known what to gear zeted etc.

mine example 69tmbd4jwbim.png
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    MatKar wrote: »

That's what I was saying when everyone wanted change the match making from overall gp. If you just focus on the best characters in the game and are at 1.2mil go so let's say you joined a great guild, g12 30 top toons and the rest are level 1 then you could be matched up with a div 1 5+mil account since their top 30 toons would be similar but the difference would be that they have over 100 more g12, probably 500 more better speed mods and 6* mods etc which is definitely unfair when a guy just focused on building up good squads and now is getting punished. There is no incentive for me to spend any money or waste gear on the top toons cause that'll just increase the top of my roster and place me against even more ridiculous rosters.
    Right now my opponent is 3.6 compared to my 2.5 with 700k being more toon gp. So if I just get padme, gg, trays etc then the next time around I'll be matched up with a 4.5mil account so what's the point.....
  • Options

That's what I was saying when everyone wanted change the match making from overall gp. If you just focus on the best characters in the game and are at 1.2mil go so let's say you joined a great guild, g12 30 top toons and the rest are level 1 then you could be matched up with a div 1 5+mil account since their top 30 toons would be similar but the difference would be that they have over 100 more g12, probably 500 more better speed mods and 6* mods etc which is definitely unfair when a guy just focused on building up good squads and now is getting punished. There is no incentive for me to spend any money or waste gear on the top toons cause that'll just increase the top of my roster and place me against even more ridiculous rosters.
    Right now my opponent is 3.6 compared to my 2.5 with 700k being more toon gp. So if I just get padme, gg, trays etc then the next time around I'll be matched up with a 4.5mil account so what's the point.....

Your numbers are exaggerated. A 5m + player will be using 80 toons in GAC, not 30, so there is no way a 1.2m player with 30 g12 toons and the rest at level 1 would ever be matched with them.

Here’s the other side of the coin...

I regularly finish my GA matches, win or lose, having used 80-90 toons max. So in what way was it fair that the other 80-90 toons’ GP was factored into my previous matches?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

But the top 50 characters are close in the bot but the top 60 definitely won't be since he has over 60 g11 and g12 while I only have close to 50 and my roster is very focused so those remaining 10 toons gp is quite low from my side which makes me think their algorithm only took into account the top 50 for this matchup

Let us know what 60 shows you. Is 60 the number of your defenses*5*2?
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Same here. I am match against person with 9 (!) g13 chars vs. 1 mine. And he has g13 Malak!! While I have none as **** EA even didn’t bother to make an event before GA.
    What’s the point of this, just give him his first place and that’s it!
    It is not a matchmaking it is a **** from some Indian programmers... There is ABSOLUTELY nothing fair in it.

These points, though a little aggressively stated, are valid.

The GP impact of g13 is tiny, but the operational impact is massive. The current matchmaking can’t tell the difference between someone with multiple g13 and someone with none.

There are certain toons, JKR, DR, Malak being the best examples, that massively favour the haves vs the have nots.

For the matchmaking to be more “fair” they need to deal with those issues.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Same here. I am match against person with 9 (!) g13 chars vs. 1 mine. And he has g13 Malak!! While I have none as **** EA even didn’t bother to make an event before GA.
    It is not a matchmaking it is a **** from some Indian programmers... There is ABSOLUTELY nothing fair in it.

Indian? Why mention nationality?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Common stereotype. Nothing personal. More of “working for food level”

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

He may not be aware but all the hollywood movies he watches have most of it's CGI done by indian 3d artists xD
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

He may not be aware but all the hollywood movies he watches have most of it's CGI done by indian 3d artists xD

I know, they I different. I am sorry if offend anyone (except for EA), but I am really fed up.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I know, they I different. I am sorry if offend anyone (except for EA), but I am really fed up.

Doubt EA are offended much. They raised previous months revenue of 7M$ to 9M$ last month merely by the changes hitting at the end of it. We'll see how much offense they gain next month.
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    The problem is no matchmaking will ever be completely fair. Even if you were matched against your identical twin mods and gesr would be different. It's just not practical or possible. Just look at every major sport and how lopsided some of the round 1 matchup are. This is the way of things.

In (almost) "every major sport" even 1-st round of matchups in any major competition isn't actually the first. There are huge system of qualifying rounds in place, and only top performers are allowed to enter major competitions. In GAC, they always match anyone against anyone, so no, it isn't like "every major sport".
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

Your numbers are exaggerated. A 5m + player will be using 80 toons in GAC, not 30, so there is no way a 1.2m player with 30 g12 toons and the rest at level 1 would ever be matched with them.

I regularly finish my GA matches, win or lose, having used 80-90 toons max. So in what way was it fair that the other 80-90 toons’ GP was factored into my previous matches?

It would be exactly as I said I'm div 4 and matched with a div 3. They are 3.6, I'm 2.5 and the match making has used the top 60 toons to match us (from my division) not the top 80 toons from their division and that's the problem which is exactly what could happen since they are matching people based on the lowest divisions top toons available and not the highest division. So it's certainly possible for a div 6 or 7 to get judged on its top 30 and get matched up with a div 1 or 2 since their top 30 are similar
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

It would be exactly as I said I'm div 4 and matched with a div 3. They are 3.6, I'm 2.5 and the match making has used the top 60 toons to match us (from my division) not the top 80 toons from their division and that's the problem which is exactly what could happen since they are matching people based on the lowest divisions top toons available and not the highest division. So it's certainly possible for a div 6 or 7 to get judged on its top 30 and get matched up with a div 1 or 2 since their top 30 are similar

Use the slots you get in your match * 10 to see if the sliced-GP comparison fits. No need to complicate it further. If the numbers doesn't fit in that way, you are onto something.
  • Options
    The matchmaking algorithm is actually working as intended, but it's just a garbage algorithm. Instead of doing amount of def-toons x2, they should do at least a x3 or x3.5. Only basing it on the top 60, 80 etc. toons will create a lot of uneven matchups. The top 60, 80 may be "equal" but completely disregarding the rest of the roster is just stupid because those could just as well be g11-g12 for one player, and g7-8 for the other one. Of course everyone should aim to clear everything in one blow, but the player with the rest of the roster at g11-g12 will have WAY more options to build specific teams for defense and more options to pick specific counter-teams against the opponent's defenses. The other player will have roughly the same top 60, 80 but will be so limited in his choices that it will require flawless play in order to even have a chance. And this doesn't even factor in mods and meta toons. The player with the rest at g11-g12 will very likely have more meta toons and more/better mods because of either having played longer, or being a big spender. So the "small" player is screwed in any case. There will be some fair matches here and there (my matchup is actually fairly even), but imo they DEFINITELY need to increase the amount of toons counted for the matchmaking. Right now it's even worse than before when we just had matchups based on raw GP...
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

Common stereotype. Nothing personal. More of “working for food level”

Yeah. A useful rule of thumb - don't racially stereotype folk.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    The matchmaking algorithm is actually working as intended, but it's just a garbage algorithm. Instead of doing amount of def-toons x2, they should do at least a x3 or x3.5. Only basing it on the top 60, 80 etc. toons will create a lot of uneven matchups. The top 60, 80 may be "equal" but completely disregarding the rest of the roster is just stupid because those could just as well be g11-g12 for one player, and g7-8 for the other one. Of course everyone should aim to clear everything in one blow, but the player with the rest of the roster at g11-g12 will have WAY more options to build specific teams for defense and more options to pick specific counter-teams against the opponent's defenses. The other player will have roughly the same top 60, 80 but will be so limited in his choices that it will require flawless play in order to even have a chance. And this doesn't even factor in mods and meta toons. The player with the rest at g11-g12 will very likely have more meta toons and more/better mods because of either having played longer, or being a big spender. So the "small" player is screwed in any case. There will be some fair matches here and there (my matchup is actually fairly even), but imo they DEFINITELY need to increase the amount of toons counted for the matchmaking. Right now it's even worse than before when we just had matchups based on raw GP...

I agree defense slots*2 is a weird assumption on CG's behalf, 3x would work much better as you said. It works well enough even at high gps like mine (120 toons) while leaving out the fluffy tail of a roster.
  • Options
    The problem with the algorithm has always been that it doesn't take into account key characters.

Before the start of GAC I had a great GA record. They changed the matchmaking and I really struggled last time. I have 4.2m GP and my bracket stretched from 4.7-5.1m. Now I wouldn't particularly mind that because I have a pretty streamlined roster, decent mods etc. However, I was the ONLY one without Malak. So, 700k GP difference minimum AND the only one without the single most important character in the current meta.

And this time around, there's me, a 4.4m and the other six players at 4.7-4.9m. 2 of us don't have Malak. Every Malak is G13.

When you stack the extra GP/Teams on top of the Malak factor it's obvious that if any of these players bother to set D and take part, I'm screwed. Simple.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with the algorithm has always been that it doesn't take into account key characters.

Before the start of GAC I had a great GA record. They changed the matchmaking and I really struggled last time. I have 4.2m GP and my bracket stretched from 4.7-5.1m. Now I wouldn't particularly mind that because I have a pretty streamlined roster, decent mods etc. However, I was the ONLY one without Malak. So, 700k GP difference minimum AND the only one without the single most important character in the current meta.

And this time around, there's me, a 4.4m and the other six players at 4.7-4.9m. 2 of us don't have Malak. Every Malak is G13.

When you stack the extra GP/Teams on top of the Malak factor it's obvious that if any of these players bother to set D and take part, I'm screwed. Simple.

If that's the problem with the MM, previous MM didn't take into account any toon either, how did you have a great track record there? I bet your roster is lean which is all the explanation I need.
  • Options

Ok. Find me an example of a div 6 or 7 player who is drawn against a div 1 or 2 player, please.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    The problem is no matchmaking will ever be completely fair. Even if you were matched against your identical twin mods and gesr would be different. It's just not practical or possible. Just look at every major sport and how lopsided some of the round 1 matchup are. This is the way of things.

In (almost) "every major sport" even 1-st round of matchups in any major competition isn't actually the first. There are huge system of qualifying rounds in place, and only top performers are allowed to enter major competitions. In GAC, they always match anyone against anyone, so no, it isn't like "every major sport".

Its just like that. The first few matches are the regular season. The qualifying rounds. And the top performers will move on. Get over it. First full season of the beta season. Give it time.

Everyone was given a new toy, opened the box, and have yelled "Its Broken!" Without ever playing with it.
  • GroggY
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I think this new Matchmaking is far better than before. You are not punished anymore for having Toons geared and leveled that you will not use in GA.

BUT they have to think about the GP raise when going to G13. Those 240 GP are a joke compared to what more the toons is able to do.
    When they fix this, then the curent MM is fine as it is.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Repetition works, yet you’re mocking him for being repetitive?

The matchmaking has been changed. Creating multiple whine threads about it is tedious.

People whined with the original matchmaking system, now new people are whining about the new one. Guess what - when they change it next time, new people will whine again.

Pretty sure it’s a lot of the same people whining.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

Ok. Find me an example of a div 6 or 7 player who is drawn against a div 1 or 2 player, please.

I'm saying it's possible. If I started an account and just focused on the top tier toons and nothing else, this is what would happen. The chance is all those players don't know what they're doing anyway. But my own example is a perfect example div 5 2.5 mil vs 3.6mil tier 3 and if I had padme, c3po, gg, traya I would have been match with a div 2 for sure since my top toons would only fit with those big guys cause my roster is so focused....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I'm saying it's possible. If I started an account and just focused on the top tier toons and nothing else, this is what would happen. The chance is all those players don't know what they're doing anyway. But my own example is a perfect example div 5 2.5 mil vs 3.6mil tier 3 and if I had padme, c3po, gg, traya I would have been match with a div 2 for sure since my top toons would only fit with those big guys cause my roster is so focused....

Shouldn't your hypothetical example point out only focusing on best toons of the current scene is the exact opposite of what CG wants? What makes you entitled to doing only that as a legit tactic?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Why shouldn't players with those key characters benefit from it? I see no problem with them having an advantage.

However, I was the ONLY one without Malak.

So, 7 players with Malak? Seems more even than under the previous system. Furthermore, if you end up loosing this one, you probably won't be matched against these players again in the next phase.
  • Options
    Let’s be honest here fore a second:
    Yes, the matching algorithm might work fine, but is still flawed because it is based off GP.
    Simple example:
    There are currently no hard counters to DR Malak teams except mirror teams. So if I get paired with an opponent that has a DR on defence and i don’t have a DR (or even JKR for that matter) it could safe me two days if the game would just tell me: “matching complete! sorry, you lose!”
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing I hope it is only ga with such ridiculous MM. And after that whales would complete between themselves.
    But I think in this case CG undermines whole idea of “F2P” games... and whales would stop spending...