Can we get an update on cheating?

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They have stated they have implemented new tools to investigate cheating and there is no way to stop someone from trying to alter local code. The tools are new and still require investigations into the activities and a human being

The post from the Devs dates to early June. The testing by Bulldog lasted two months, ergo the tools were already in use. That’s what’s is worrying.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Basically now everyone who loses a match, be it in GAC, arena, fleet, or lose a top 10 finish in sith raid can and will suspect someone cheated regardless of the score. Because the smart cheaters don’t make it obvious the outcome can only be due to cheating.
    Is CG ready to handle hundreds of thousands of suspected cheating tickets daily? Is this the can of worms we are going open? Better put a solid lid over this one real fast...
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    No biggie...everybody convinced that the matchmaking was causing them to lose their battles can now seamlessly blame cheating, instead. Well, until one of those factors gets fixed, anyway...
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    Basically now everyone who loses a match, be it in GAC, arena, fleet, or lose a top 10 finish in sith raid can and will suspect someone cheated regardless of the score. Because the smart cheaters don’t make it obvious the outcome can only be due to cheating.
    Is CG ready to handle hundreds of thousands of suspected cheating tickets daily? Is this the can of worms we are going open? Better put a solid lid over this one real fast...

The 'can of worms' was opened, when swgoh lost it's status as 'unhackable system'...
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Well they are aware of it now, so let’s see what they say about it. As long as it’s something new is being done, it should be fine. They know their old methods aren’t working now, so they should be working on new plans to prevent this

They’ve been aware of it since the game was created. The version I used has been around for 14 months. There were other versions before that. They just didn’t feel the resources needed to stop it were worth it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Vorgen wrote: »

The 'can of worms' was opened, when swgoh lost it's status as 'unhackable system'...

So... the day it was released?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    'unhackable system'...
    They don't exist anywhere tho
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate what @Bulldog1205 did. I guess I'm just dumb but didnt know this could happen.

I also know from experience that there is a huge difference in both time and expense dedication between "working on it" and "fixing it." I hope CG chooses the "fixing it" path.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    'unhackable system'...

Open VMS
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    'unhackable system'...

Open VMS

5v98kcr9srx1.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »

They have stated they have implemented new tools to investigate cheating and there is no way to stop someone from trying to alter local code. The tools are new and still require investigations into the activities and a human being

The post from the Devs dates to early June. The testing by Bulldog lasted two months, ergo the tools were already in use. That’s what’s is worrying.

And in that time players have been banned. Things like this take time. As many players are pointing out this is a $$ game, they dont want to ban people accidentally. They take time and do investigations, always.
  • Options
    This is a nightmare. :s

I've only had to GAC matches that I thought was fishy, but for all I know everyone I have ever met could have cheated! - And no one will ever know. How much have we all lost in rewards? How much have we invested in a failed attempt to beat the unbeatable?

Until this is addressed/resolved, I will not spend money on the game. :'(
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

And in that time players have been banned. Things like this take time. As many players are pointing out this is a $$ game, they dont want to ban people accidentally. They take time and do investigations, always.

Well, they should probably start over. In the video, one of the things is turning off cooldowns. If they had simply gotten a list of abilities they would know immediately that he was cheating.
  • Options
    @Kyno the problem is that a lot of us have spent a lot of money in this game, with the belief that the cheating was not as widespread as the videos have shown to be. That is a huge problem, as we are now seeing CG has known about the issue and kept mum while collecting our money. How can I truly trust any result in GA at this point?
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Andros
    42 posts Member
    Options

How long does it take to make a public acknowledgement from a CG Mod for our concerns...time is moving along
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    Kyno the problem is that a lot of us have spent a lot of money in this game, with the belief that the cheating was not as widespread as the videos have shown to be. That is a huge problem, as we are now seeing CG has known about the issue and kept mum while collecting our money. How can I truly trust any result in GA at this point?

They have not kept silent about this, they have openly stated they are looking at this and have always been working to keep tabs on and stop it.

Any time you have felt that your opponent has not been "on the level", please feel free to report this to CG_Leviathan.
  • Options
    @Kyno their explanation of what was occurring and what we are seeing from these videos do not match up AT ALL.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Options
    Kyno the problem is that a lot of us have spent a lot of money in this game, with the belief that the cheating was not as widespread as the videos have shown to be. That is a huge problem, as we are now seeing CG has known about the issue and kept mum while collecting our money. How can I truly trust any result in GA at this point?

They have not kept silent about this, they have openly stated they are looking at this and have always been working to keep tabs on and stop it.

Any time you have felt that your opponent has not been "on the level", please feel free to report this to CG_Leviathan.

Addressing singular occurrences and addressing the wider issue are two separate things. We’ve all seen how easily and brutally this game can be manipulated now, and that needs CG communication
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Addressing singular occurrences and addressing the wider issue are two separate things. We’ve all seen how easily and brutally this game can be manipulated now, and that needs CG communication

But acting like it being possible and it is completely widespread with no consequences is also 2 separate things. Players get banned (for various amounts of times, all the time), it doesnt mean things are not working or are not in place to deal with them.
  • Options
    Would explain why i got totalled with ease through the last grand arena........
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    @Kyno their explanation of what was occurring and what we are seeing from these videos do not match up AT ALL.

It actually does match up!
    They know cheating is a thing, other people did know that cheating is a thing, but now everyone's freaking out about it.
    They work on cheating prevention and in the mean time report suspicious players.
    Nothing changed.
    You want the same massage again from crumb, saying exactly the same they already talked about at the GAC launch?

Of course people are freaking out about it, it’s never been showcased before. I knew cheating was a thing, but to see it happening and how easy it looked is totally different.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how many fraudulent 7* Padmes are about to happen with this going on...
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I think any evidence of hacked games should result in permanent ban. Deletion of the offending account and IP being logged and put on watchlist for any further account creation. Shouldn't take much investigation to prove a hacked game file
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    If they use this mod low key even you wont tell if there using it.dont put it to 1000 just put it to 300 nobody will ever know..now how will you fix it? Replay wont work because you wont even see it the little bit of help there getting just to be enough to win..
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    The dude did it for 2 months without cg noticing or anyone else.how many more is using it ?
  • Options
    I thought this was why tournaments were discontinued. I guess GAC is the lesser evil because the cheaters' advantage has a reduced impact on the community at large. Tournaments would provide exclusive access to new, powerful characters for only the top performers, whereas Championships are broken up into brackets of eight which limits the number of players that can be affected by the cheating.
    Winning is more fun than losing (which I do plenty of), I can see why some would succumb to the temptation if it's too easy to just give your teams a bit of a tune up.
This discussion has been closed.