Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Why they start these things at midnight where they are is a mystery. How many problems has that caused in the past? This is going to be such a cluster**** it is unfixable. Which it could have been if someone was actually in the office to shut it down right away.
  • Options
    @Darth_DeVito I played the dark side of the event, for nostalgia sake, before it was announced there was a bug.
    I won and thought...
    "We now get shards when re-playing an event??"
    "Ok, that's the gonna make a nice bunch of Shard Store currency.
    Shame I had to spend so many GET to get my Malak to 7*, but hey-ho."

Should I be banned?
    Should I get the Shard Store currency and the gear I purchase it with removed from my account?
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Entus wrote: »
    Sebiwane wrote: »
    honnesty i'm curious to see how they are going to do. Many players including me where saving gears to put malak g13 as soon as it was 7 star. and i did spend some crystal to make it G13 R4.
    in between i've made other change on character and set my defense on GA so just roling back the account is not an option.

they would have to remove all the item i put on malak including relic and then give them back.

but what about players who turn shards into shart shop currency and spent them?

they will have some hard time roling this back

Its very easy. They take snapshots of everyonee inventory every few seconds. They would simply roll your inventory back to what it was prior to the event. Easy fix. As far as spending money on crystals, theyd have to handle that on a case by case basis.

Nothing that requires case-by-case reviews is easy. The system is not designed for rollbacks, they can't even give out TB rewards properly, such is the complexity.

If they are using a database, and they are, its intended for rollback. I guess well see whos right in the next few hours. I guess most dont like this solution because they wont have anything to cry about when they fix it. You will be down nothing. And not many spent money during that time, i guarantee it.

Theyve done a mass rollback before. Twice actually.
  • Options
    Honestly, this whole thing is just a mess now.

There are valid arguments for letting people keep the shards, because this was a mistake on CG's part and not an exploit. And there are equally valid arguments for taking the shards back, because free Malak shards do negatively impact those who have GAS. There really isn't a perfect solution at this point. That said...

Given all the stress that has been put on the playerbase recently, I think the most optimal solution is for CG to: (a) let the event run as-is; (b) let people keep the shards (or Shard Shop currency); and most importantly (C) award 57k GET mk I to those who have unlocked GAS. Doing that doesn't take anything away from anybody, and would be a wonderful gesture to the playerbase.

As a player who did not unlock GAS, yes, I realize this could impact me negatively in PvP. And if somebody wants to raise a rebuttal on those grounds, okay let's talk about that. But I still think that awarding GET mk I to GAS unlocks is the optimal way to go.

To CG: You guys do what you want, but please consider this ^. Okay, you made a mistake. Own it. Do what's best, not just what is best for you, but for the entire community as a whole. Then move on an try to avoid the same mistake in the future.
  • Options
    I just unlocked Malak and didn't get any extra shards as far as I know, will I be affected?
  • Options
    All of the hopes that there will be a clear and concise solution/communication about the fudge up.. I’m actually laughing out loud right now..
  • Options
    There is no way to know exactly to what extent cg will roll information back (I would assume they will roll back only Malak and OR/SE related toons a single day). So, your Malak may disappear, but we just don’t know. (Keep in mind if it does, CG did state they planned to reschedule the event).

Tldr;
    Only CG knows how it’ll impact you.
  • Options
    honnesty i'm curious to see how they are going to do. Many players including me where saving gears to put malak g13 as soon as it was 7 star. and i did spend some crystal to make it G13 R4.
    in between i've made other change on character and set my defense on GA so just roling back the account is not an option.

they would have to remove all the item i put on malak including relic and then give them back.

Its very easy. They take snapshots of everyonee inventory every few seconds. They would simply roll your inventory back to what it was prior to the event. Easy fix. As far as spending money on crystals, theyd have to handle that on a case by case basis.

Nothing that requires case-by-case reviews is easy. The system is not designed for rollbacks, they can't even give out TB rewards properly, such is the complexity.

If they are using a database, and they are, its intended for rollback. I guess well see whos right in the next few hours. I guess most dont like this solution because they wont have anything to cry about when they fix it. You will be down nothing. And not many spent money during that time, i guarantee it.

Players at this level hoard gear and currency. A character jumping from G11 to G12 or G13, that's gear that has a lot of value, easily worth tens of thousands of crystals. This is a current-meta arena character, it doesn't stay still for long.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    NooGenii wrote: »
    Honestly, this whole thing is just a mess now.

There are valid arguments for letting people keep the shards, because this was a mistake on CG's part and not an exploit. And there are equally valid arguments for taking the shards back, because free Malak shards do negatively impact those who have GAS. There really isn't a perfect solution at this point. That said...

Given all the stress that has been put on the playerbase recently, I think the most optimal solution is for CG to: (a) let the event run as-is; (b) let people keep the shards (or Shard Shop currency); and most importantly (C) award 57k GET mk I to those who have unlocked GAS. Doing that doesn't take anything away from anybody, and would be a wonderful gesture to the playerbase.

As a player who did not unlock GAS, yes, I realize this could impact me negatively in PvP. And if somebody wants to raise a rebuttal on those grounds, okay let's talk about that. But I still think that awarding GET mk I to GAS unlocks is the optimal way to go.

To CG: You guys do what you want, but please consider this ^. Okay, you made a mistake. Own it. Do what's best, not just what is best for you, but for the entire community as a whole. Then move on an try to avoid the same mistake in the future.

The optimal fix would be to go back in time and make sure they didnt do it in the first place. Thats what rolling the DB back will do. The only reasonable solution.
  • Options
    I don't know, but if I get rolled back and have to do the event again I will uninstall.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options
    If they bring all back to situation as it was before this event plus everything earned in the meantime beside that event, then I would be fine for this....but in the past cg apologized for every single mistake they made and even if we had a crash for one hour or so...an apology was a refund of at least 100 cristals....but this is not the way since last year or even the year before....this big mistake and trouble you CG caused should let you come back to that...I think this event fail ist worth 1000 cristals for each of the whole community
  • Options
    @CookieCrispp tbh I’m foreseeing a looong and detailed phone call to support tommorow (if it’s fixed overnight) to get them to sort whatever gets broken in the rollback out.
  • Options
    I don't know, but if I get rolled back and have to do the event again I will uninstall.

If they rollback and dont return all the gear, relics and crystals people hoarded to increase him to maximum viability after 7*ing slot of people are going to
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

Players at this level hoard gear and currency. A character jumping from G11 to G12 or G13, that's gear that has a lot of value, easily worth tens of thousands of crystals. This is a current-meta arena character, it doesn't stay still for long.

Right and all that gear they used, would be back in their inventory and malak would be back to whatever he was at. They are essentially rolling it back to before the event. Its doenst matter if u used all ur credits and gear from point A to be point B. They are rolling back to point A. You lose nothing.
  • Options
    What happens to the guys who just unlocked him today before the notice? If they scrub the whole event like they say are we loosing ours too? Someone should get fired for this.
  • Options
    So here are some questions I have because of the malak issue.

Do the folks that unlocked him today lose him?
    What about folks in arena that are facing 7* malak compared to 5* and lost crystals as a result?
    What about the folks that spent currency (real, in-game, or both) to gear malak?
    What about folks that had GET saved for Malak and once they were able to get Malak to 7* they spent it on gear or other things?

I know some of these things may seem like the fault of the player but CG shares blame because they allowed this to go on for way too long and multiple areas and folks are now being effected.

I don't know what a fair compensation/resolution would be at this point. But just hitting the undo button seems like a cop out.
  • Options
    Serious question. How does a rollback work? (Not saying this is what they will do to fix it just asking since people keep bringing it up.)

So if it rolls your roster back to a point in time before the event starts does it also roll back the energy you've used today, crystals you've used, credits you've used, mods you've upgraded? Or can the rollback apply only to a specific character?

I'm genuinely asking how it works because I'm not a programmer. I just want to know because while yeah I clicked the event on reflex and did the dark side one before checking the forums. I checked after I got the reward and then saw it was a bug so didn't try the light side. D idnt gear him up afterward because i only needed two gear pieces anyway because he was already 6 star G11 +4. And I wasn't going to spend 50 bucks finishing him off. But in the meantime today i have finished farming another G12+ piece for anakin and upgraded some mpds on other characters.

So will a rollback only affect the one character or will it affect your entire roster? I genuinely want to know how it works. Don't really care about them taking away the 75 Malak shards because it just means back to the grind I was on before.
  • Options
    Yes you noticed, but that does not make amends.
  • Options

Theyve done a mass rollback before. Twice actually.
    rollbacks don't work if somebody just spent $100 on relic packs.

Just returning the relic items doensnt give. They spent the cast to put on Malak now, not in six months after saving GET when they could have F2p farmed it.
  • Options
    So CG is saying: We made a mistake and players received too many shards? And now those will be taken away? Potentially rolling back the progress of ALL players in the last day?

What if I finally got Malak after 150 tries today? Or I received a really good piece of gear etc?

Last time Amazon sent me something that didn’t fit they told me: Keep it. AND we will send you another one for your troubles. Guess there is a difference between CG and Amazon...

Disclaimer: I am far from owning Malak even at 5-star, so this has nothing to do with that.
  • Options
    Mercury88 wrote: »

If they rollback and dont return all the gear, relics and crystals people hoarded to increase him to maximum viability after 7*ing slot of people are going to

This.

i got the shards, 7*ed Darth Malak, and then used my precious, carefully spared, GET, which I hadn’t to spare anymore.
    It’s like « hey, I’m Santa, here’s your toy... Ooops, still October, give it back you **** cheater ! »

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    What happens to the guys who just unlocked him today before the notice? If they scrub the whole event like they say are we loosing ours too? Someone should get fired for this.

This will only effect players that recieved the "First time rewards" multiple times, from what we are told
  • Options
    Rollback is really their only viable option. People would have already redone the event and turned the extra shards into currency- and even spent some of that. Either that or just give EVERYONE an equal amount of shards (except those that completed the event a second time).
  • Darth_Flaccid
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This will only effect players that recieved the "First time rewards" multiple times, from what we are told

So will my money be refunded for purchasing G12 packs and Relic packs? I only spent the money as to gear Malak up today, not in 6 months. All this was done before I ever realized it was a bug. I thought they were making it easier to star up epic 5* characters.

Edit: Also, after finishing the light side and receiving more shards. I looked and saw the DS would award shards too. The shards did not say “first time rewards” on them anywhere.

Edit #2: Apparently it did say “1st time” on the shards. I didn’t pay close enough attention I guess. It was at 7AM CDT in my defense and before my first cup of coffee. My bad..
    Post edited by Darth_Flaccid on
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @CookieCrispp tbh I’m foreseeing a looong and detailed phone call to support tommorow (if it’s fixed overnight) to get them to sort whatever gets broken in the rollback out.

The honest response, which most people do not want to hear, is that CG can (as proven by history) roll back an individual character or characters to a preset point without messing up their data (they did this with Sass). The could easily do this to all associated SE/OR/Malak and roll them back 24 hours, with the difference in gear/relics/credits sent via the inbox in game.

The problem isn’t the execution (which even admittedly isn’t cheap in terms of time. With the Sass they had to individually address several cases), it’s the potential credibility loss, confusion, and culpability with associated refunds that this creates.

To address those, the devs may lose a lot of potential credibility with the silent masses who do not read the forums. Suddenly an event ends and your characters gear changes? That’s pretty scary and upsetting (to say the least). Not to mention that if those players adjust gear after the snapshot CG uses as its benchmark for “now”. Which, as non-forum readers, they may very well do. Not to mention that the apology and explanation need to be conveyed to those players, in their chosen language.

By committing to a rollback, CG potentially admits fault with regards to this issue. This opens them up to potential from refunds on packs or gear spent to complete Malak/Malak Teams. Additionally, this opens up refunds on materials packs entirely (such as the relic pack), which players could argue were purchased with the sole purpose of gearing Malak. Obviously, this is far easier for CG to prove who is using this and who is lying, but most refunds go through the play store/apple store, who can not verify your swgoh account. All that apple and google will see is the claim by the player of acceptance of culpability by CG through their own admission and rollback actions.

But this is all speculation. The real answer at this time is that we simply do not know what action CG will take exactly. They have stated they will hotfix out the event and reschedule.

(My personal hope/dream was that CG saw this for what it was. An opportunity for goodwill and revenue. If they had refunded GET and re-run Gen Ani, it immediately pleases all the Gen Ani unlockers, allows those with him at 7* to immediately replenish their GET reserves, and probably causes a second massive influx of spending this month as people gear and relic Ani. But that was just a dream.)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    NuSair wrote: »
    Rollback is really their only viable option. People would have already redone the event and turned the extra shards into currency- and even spent some of that. Either that or just give EVERYONE an equal amount of shards (except those that completed the event a second time).

Rollback would be a horrible idea. And most of the reasons have nothing to do with the Malak event. How would that affect any other aspects of the game? I spent about an hour slicing mods and tweaking them for the next stage of TW coming up - I'm going have to do that again because CG can't run an event correctly?....the third time it's out? Not to mention how it might affect all the other aspects of the game. Honestly, if CG can't run an event the third time without bugs, I am deeply concerned about their ability to accurately rollback the entire game without issue. Especially since, to my knowledge, they have never attempted doing so before.

Consider this a vote of "No confidence" in a rollback. Don't cross the streams....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Serious question. How does a rollback work? (Not saying this is what they will do to fix it just asking since people keep bringing it up.)

So if it rolls your roster back to a point in time before the event starts does it also roll back the energy you've used today, crystals you've used, credits you've used, mods you've upgraded? Or can the rollback apply only to a specific character?

I'm genuinely asking how it works because I'm not a programmer. I just want to know because while yeah I clicked the event on reflex and did the dark side one before checking the forums. I checked after I got the reward and then saw it was a bug so didn't try the light side. D idnt gear him up afterward because i only needed two gear pieces anyway because he was already 6 star G11 +4. And I wasn't going to spend 50 bucks finishing him off. But in the meantime today i have finished farming another G12+ piece for anakin and upgraded some mpds on other characters.

So will a rollback only affect the one character or will it affect your entire roster? I genuinely want to know how it works. Don't really care about them taking away the 75 Malak shards because it just means back to the grind I was on before.

It will rollback just your inventory. If, during the time of the event, you upgraded a toon, it will be rolled back as well. Say the event started at point A, and CG stopped it at point B. If you upgraded a toon after point B, then it will not be affected. If you upgraded a toon betwwen point A and B, it will be rolled back.

The only thing they cant roll back are purchases. I imagine for anyone that made a purchase of any kind during that time, they WILL NOT be included in the rollback. They will have to work those accounts individually. This is how they have done it in the past anyway.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

And then what? I don't really need the gear or mods back, because I only got them for Malak. Are they refunding the crystals I spent on that? How much money did CG make today in the mad scramble to get this geared up?
  • Options
    The optimal fix would be to go back in time and make sure they didnt do it in the first place. Thats what rolling the DB back will do. The only reasonable solution.

What would that rollback affect? What about any and all farming/gearing efforts made since then, especially in things unrelated to Malak? The player that just got a good roll on signal data, and took his/her JKA to another relic level... is that gone too?

• ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is certainly a mess! What about those of us that spent $$$ because we finally got Malak to 7*?
    $ spent, crystals used, currency spent because it was t needed for Malak anymore? How do they roll it back and be fair?
    Can they roll it back and not effect efforts put into TW since a player got his 7*?

I understand how those that already had him 7 star feel, but it’s not fair to take away either. The event as given prompted many to exercise actions they wouldn’t have otherwise. You can’t erase thier time and effort fairly. I doubt CG is going to grant any $$$ refunds either.

Pull it the event... but leave the outcome where it stands.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch