Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Options
    I had a 6* Malak and I didn't realised this was a bug so I spent a few hours playing the event again to get a 7* Malak.
    Can you roll my wasted time back too?
    Why should I pay for your mistakes?
    I understand this was a bug but it's strongly disappointing to waste your time for nothing.
    And knowing that some players are going to be rewarded without having wasted any time in this buggy event makes this feeling worse.
    If this is the way it is, I'm spending no more time on this game.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms spam filter ate my message up with respect to your post

I'm not ignoring you but Its up to the mods now

Appreciate you ignoring me, thanks.
    You're welcome
    Same answer to him applies to you too
  • Options
    Are people just posting their rants without reading what Kyno and some others have REPEATEDLY posted? It's not JUST those that already had Malak 7* that will get the shard shop currency ANYONE who did the event and earned shards will: if the first time, keep what they earned PLUS get 250 crystals. If they already had Malak at 5* or 6*, will get the equivalent shard shop currency from the shards they earned, 250 crystals, and Malak reset to pre-event level. Any gear you purchased that ot him at G12 or G13 will be put back into your inventory, ready for when your Malak is able to use it. I don't know how much simpler it could get.
  • SomethingToSay
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Allo,havent been here in ages,its not worth my time,but oh well,today is a good day.

My opinion is man up and own your mistakes,dont take anything back,couse you are **** all your customers and you cant refund everything anyway.
    Some folks got lucky,got extra shards,thats fine in my book,bugs do happen,but rollbacks,its a big big no for me.

Oh and for those that might say something,no i didnt get anything,i still havent farmed for revans.

Am I missing something or did this event not just start last night? The event lasted like 12 hours, people benefitted for under 1 day, a rollback is just fine, that's what they should have done. If Best Buy accidentally shipped you an OLED tv instead of a phone case, do you think they're going to say "ah you know what, our bad. just keep the TV"?

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The only equitable solution is to take everyone's Malak away except mine.

I took them all.

Meet me in the back alleyway if you want yours back.
  • Options
    I don’t know how much more I can take from these phuques. I’m turning in a dispute with Apple for the last 90 days of purchases. Just as they taketh away, so will I.
  • Options
    Destructus wrote: »
    Are people just posting their rants without reading what Kyno and some others have REPEATEDLY posted? It's not JUST those that already had Malak 7* that will get the shard shop currency ANYONE who did the event and earned shards will: if the first time, keep what they earned PLUS get 250 crystals. If they already had Malak at 5* or 6*, will get the equivalent shard shop currency from the shards they earned, 250 crystals, and Malak reset to pre-event level. Any gear you purchased that ot him at G12 or G13 will be put back into your inventory, ready for when your Malak is able to use it. I don't know how much simpler it could get.

As I'm re-reading it I'm seeing more what you're saying. The issue there to be honest is the way TopHat wrote it then, because I have no idea what he's talking about "one tier two tier". This paragraph is super confusing and needs further clarification. I don't see why anyone who already had Malak would get anything as far as shards go though if the game wasn't supposed to give them anything, the 250 crystals is enough
    Some players received extra shards that already owned Darth Malak at 7*. To reconcile this difference, we will be granting all players that owned Darth Malak at 7* on 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, some Shard Shop Currency. Players that did not receive additional shards will receive 2250 Shard Shop Currency. Players that received only one tier of additional shards will receive 1125. Players that received two tiers of additional shards will not receive any additional currency.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    Ededed wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.
    Not just keep but are being given if they didn't even do it in the first place.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.
    Honestly, I can't see how a rational adult would think its unfair

A 5* and 7* Malak owner both wake up this morning and do.... absolutely nothing in the game. They have a sick child at home, are busy at work. Whatever.
    5* Malak owner gets 250 crystals.
    7* Malak owner gets 250 crystals and 2,250 shard shop currency.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

As a 7* Malak owner, I deserve 2250 shard shop currency for having the foresight to get him to 7* before the third event, which everyone knew would be bugged.

To be honest though, it does seem like an odd fix, and unfair to those that didn't have 7* Malak already.

I love watching you argue with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    mobious wrote: »
    well if I dont get my money after the roll back its wrongful deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

Dude, stop trying to be a keyboard lawyer. Nobody duped you into anything. Any gear you purchased to upgrade him will still be there in your inventory waiting until you do have him ready for it. You purchased it with the intention of gearing him up. It's logical to assume you'd do it next time, but you won't have to because you already have the gear.
  • Options
    I’m sorry but CG Tophat you guys are obviously not listening or learning. Here’s a good example of you guys dropping the ball and leading with the wallet instead of leading. This is a huge error and you should not punish the players. Own up to it. Have some B-ALLs and tell EA we have to do what’s right. So many people have quit. Where are the new faces in this game???? There aren’t any. You’ve ruined a great game by letting corporate greed determine your strategy. You waited all day to make a post so the weekend would go by and hopefully the hatred would die down. Fact is you’ve gone to far. It’s time we petition and show you our power. We as a community should not purchase any thing you put out there in the game. You screwed up. Period own up to it and deal with it.
  • Options
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the reconciliation is fair is deluded.
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...
    It’s black and white unfair

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers

Correct. The way its currently worded the only people who get shard shop currency are those that had 7* Malak at the beginning of the event.

No one else gets shard shop currency.

Everyone gets crystals.

You're saying correct but Kyno has said the opposite and apparently he has additional information. Plus, what he is saying is the logical solution.
  • Options
    Destructus wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the reconciliation is fair is deluded.
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...
    It’s black and white unfair

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers

Correct. The way its currently worded the only people who get shard shop currency are those that had 7* Malak at the beginning of the event.

No one else gets shard shop currency.

Everyone gets crystals.

You're saying correct but Kyno has said the opposite and apparently he has additional information. Plus, what he is saying is the logical solution.

Kyno has said nothing that contradicts what I stated above. I just reworded it to make it less convoluted and more transparent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.

A 5* and 7* Malak owner both wake up this morning and do.... absolutely nothing in the game. They have a sick child at home, are busy at work. Whatever.

As a 7* Malak owner, I deserve 2250 shard shop currency for having the foresight to get him to 7* before the third event, which everyone knew would be bugged.

To be honest though, it does seem like an odd fix, and unfair to those that didn't have 7* Malak already.

I'm the only one on my level.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    The only equitable solution is to take everyone's Malak away except mine.

I took them all.

Meet me in the back alleyway if you want yours back.

So you're the squirrel!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I actually thought of a better solution that would allow everyone to keep their Malaks. All Malaks remain in their current state including all gear, mods, relics, etc. But those who finished their 7 star malaks with shards from this event get the cost of those shards deducted from their GET balance, including going negative.

So if you got 25,000 GET worth of Malak shards to finish him from this event, and you have 1,000 gec currency currently, you end up with a balance of -24,000 gec. You won’t be able to buy anything with gec until you work off this debt, obviously. And you will for the future need to buy things with gec, general skywalker etc. so it’s necessary to eventually work off the debt.

Not a perfect solution for sure, and it won't satisfy everyone, but IMO it's a good compromise that would probably result in fewer refunds and fewer complications. Of course, it all depends on whether it's technically possible to have a negative balance in this game.
  • Options

I'm the only one on my level.

Fair point. I agree. X gets the square.

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

You're not the one who should be arguing about the fairness of the devs. You're not exactly an impartial bystander.
    How is he not impartial?
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Letareus wrote: »
    I actually thought of a better solution that would allow everyone to keep their Malaks. All Malaks remain in their current state including all gear, mods, relics, etc. But those who finished their 7 star malaks with shards from this event get the cost of those shards deducted from their GET balance, including going negative.

So if you got 25,000 GET worth of Malak shards to finish him from this event, and you have 1,000 gec currency currently, you end up with a balance of -24,000 gec. You won’t be able to buy anything with gec until you work off this debt, obviously. And you will for the future need to buy things with gec, general skywalker etc. so it’s necessary to eventually work off the debt.

Not a perfect solution for sure, and it won't satisfy everyone, but IMO it's a good compromise that would probably result in fewer refunds and fewer complications. Of course, it all depends on whether it's technically possible to have a negative balance in this game.

And here I thought CG came up with the worst possible solution...
  • Options
    For the remainder of the life of this game (won’t be long promise you that the way the clowns are running the game) I shall never drop my crystal count to under 250 crystals. Why? Because Capital Gains you can take your 250 reconciling crystals and go cut every exposable area available of your brown tootsie roll producing donkey hole while you shove these 250 crystals up your sphincters. Good day to you hooligans.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Did someone delete my post? Lol
  • Options
    Allo,havent been here in ages,its not worth my time,but oh well,today is a good day.

My opinion is man up and own your mistakes,dont take anything back,couse you are **** all your customers and you cant refund everything anyway.
    Some folks got lucky,got extra shards,thats fine in my book,bugs do happen,but rollbacks,its a big big no for me.

Oh and for those that might say something,no i didnt get anything,i still havent farmed for revans.

No, bugs dont happen. Its a sloppy re-release. They didnt check the coding.
  • Options
    2K shard shop currency is nothing, 250 crystals isn't much. But, they're hooking us up and handing out free stuff regardless. So...
  • Options
    As for the "fix" I find it hilarious. No other business that I know of says "we **** up but we're going to make you still pay for it"
    It's so rediculous. If this were any other product from any other company I would be filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

But you won't now because...? lol wat
  • Options
    Think they'll roll back for players who just acquired Malak for the first time, without getting extra shards? Would they take Malak away?

I stayed up until 3AM and spent a good amount of crystals to get offense arrows sliced to finally beat Malak LS.
  • Options
    so we didn't get to play with Malak until 4 months after April. As someone who got him the first time, it seems I'm being punished for getting him so soon

Huh? You realize you got to use him in TW, GAC, Arena for months before most other players right? The extra shards, gear, etc for having a Malak before others is the reward for going early.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

@Kyno The way the reconciliation plan is written 5* and 6* Malak owners do not receive any shard shop currency. While 7* Malak owners do. That's how it's not fair.