Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jim644 wrote: »
    So im not scrolling through 20 pages of this ****... I unlocked malak today. I used gets to buy 5 shards as that was available at the time.... Am i now going yonhave my new malak removed and have tomdonthe event again because of this mess? If so then maybe its time to find a new game.....
    Same thing here. I'm going to be furious if they remove my new Malak after I stayed up all night getting him, and never even got any extra shards.
    You get to keep your Malak
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

I was so tired of leveling him up not mentioning resources I spent. :/ and was so happy to finally get him up. It was several **** months.
    Yes, CG truly knows how to fail and disappoint:/ they really mater that.

OK but that's like saying "I've been in poverty my whole life and it's not fair that someone accidentally deposited 2 million dollars in my bank account and then took it away again shortly after"

Yep. A phone game bug is just like that. Nailed it.

So if you admit it's a bug and never should've happened, why are you crying that it's being corrected and fixed so that it effectively didn't happen (and collecting 250 crystals)?

Where did you find I told it was a bug? You should keep practicing reading, y’know, so far your rather bad at it, not mentioning you are answering to other ppl.
    It was CG’s mistake, omission, I really do not care. The issue for me is just in 5 **** shards. Just let me keep them and that’s all. No compensation/crystals/whatever. It is that simple, see? I hate to gear him again, while may be I was like 500 GET away.
  • Options

I was so tired of leveling him up not mentioning resources I spent. :/ and was so happy to finally get him up. It was several **** months.

OK but that's like saying "I've been in poverty my whole life and it's not fair that someone accidentally deposited 2 million dollars in my bank account and then took it away again shortly after"

So if you admit it's a bug and never should've happened, why are you crying that it's being corrected and fixed so that it effectively didn't happen (and collecting 250 crystals)?

I'm not crying at all. I'm not even upset. I'm merely pointing out the disparity in the recompense that some are receiving and others are not, despite doing the same thing (i.e. nothing).

It's not that they aren't giving us "enough", it's the fact that some people are getting more despite not doing anything more that seems a bit unfair.

Integrity matters.

Sorry, Vinniarth was, I forgot you jumped in on his behalf. They need to explain how the shard shop currency thing is going to work better for sure.

I didn't jump in on his behalf per se - I just found your analigy a little over the top. ;)

Point still stood, if you get something you were never supposed to have, don't cry when it's taken away, it's a bummer but it was never supposed to be or meant to be yours to begin with. I was putting it in terms/an analogy I felt were easiest to understand :smile:

I don't believe for a second it was a bug. They probably did it on purpose to try and alleviate the cries of the get crunch but a few whales moaned and complained so they decided to over react and take it away. Basically bait and switch.
  • Options

I'm not crying at all. I'm not even upset. I'm merely pointing out the disparity in the recompense that some are receiving and others are not, despite doing the same thing (i.e. nothing).

It's not that they aren't giving us "enough", it's the fact that some people are getting more despite not doing anything more that seems a bit unfair.

Integrity matters.

Sorry, Vinniarth was, I forgot you jumped in on his behalf. They need to explain how the shard shop currency thing is going to work better for sure.

I didn't jump in on his behalf per se - I just found your analigy a little over the top. ;)

Point still stood, if you get something you were never supposed to have, don't cry when it's taken away, it's a bummer but it was never supposed to be or meant to be yours to begin with. I was putting it in terms/an analogy I felt were easiest to understand :smile:

I don't believe for a second it was a bug. They probably did it on purpose to try and alleviate the cries of the get crunch but a few whales moaned and complained so they decided to over react and take it away. Basically bait and switch.

The coding error explanation is most likely, just someone messed something up, it happens. Humans gonna human. Unfortunately this one stings more than other issues the game has had
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

@Kyno The way the reconciliation plan is written 5* and 6* Malak owners do not receive any shard shop currency. While 7* Malak owners do. That's how it's not fair.

The ones being directly taken advantage of get nada.....
  • Options

Where did you find I told it was a bug? You should keep practicing reading, y’know, so far your rather bad at it, not mentioning you are answering to other ppl.
    It was CG’s mistake, omission, I really do not care. The issue for me is just in 5 **** shards. Just let me keep them and that’s all. No compensation/crystals/whatever. It is that simple, see? I hate to gear him again, while may be I was like 500 GET away.

That was hard to read. Why can't you just wait a little longer until the next TW/TB is over and get him? lol so you're just crying you thought you got a golden ticket a few days early and now you have to wait again like you were thinking you'd have to do in the first place?
  • Options

Integrity matters.

The coding error explanation is most likely, just someone messed something up, it happens. Humans gonna human. Unfortunately this one stings more than other issues the game has had

No them catering only to the whales seems more likely. Sure they said it was a bug but people lie.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

@Kyno The way the reconciliation plan is written 5* and 6* Malak owners do not receive any shard shop currency. While 7* Malak owners do. That's how it's not fair.

The ones being directly taken advantage of get nada.....
    They clarified later in private to him that they are getting 2250 shard shop currency
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno is saying that the devs told him that 5*/6* owners will also be getting 2250 SSc after their announcement post

This is overlooked because CG said the opposite and never updated to clarify

Well okay then. I guess I'll go to bed then. Nothing to see here. Move along. Good night John Boy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

A better example would be I took a job for x amount of dollars and did the work. Then the company decided they were not supposed to pay what they did. So the are stealing my hard earned money.
  • Options

A better example would be I took a job for x amount of dollars and did the work. Then the company decided they were not supposed to pay what they did. So the are stealing my hard earned money.

Except that's not what happened, they paid you too much accidentally here and are correcting the overage (and then compensating to some extent for the trouble)
  • Options
    For anyone that doesn’t have time to read the reconciliation plan in full, here’s an abridged version:

**** F2P COMMUNITY! You’re not welcome here.

Yours,

@CG_TopHat

Seriously, I spent 3 hours this morning completing this event, with no knowledge of it being a bug or mistake, where’s my refund for that?! Absolutely unbelievable. I say that, you’re an affiliate of EA and Disney, so, no, it’s totally believable. The disdain with which you hold your user base is astounding! I hope people abandon this game now I’m their droves, it’s what CG deserve.

This exactly. I did the event because it was available and had rewards. 250 crystals isn't equilivant to the reward they promised and I spent my time on.

I was 70 shards short of a 7 star malak. Those 70 shards are worth 26k in get. That was the reward they offered and what I spent time for. 26k in get buys several crafted guns. 250 crystals buys amost nothing.
  • Options
    OP - please change the title of this thread to "Horrible Analogies". Thank you in advance.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Except that's not what happened, they paid you too much accidentally here and are correcting the overage (and then compensating to some extent for the trouble)

It was advertised as giving said payment so that's exactly what happened.. in fact to add to it, some went out and bought gear, spent resources, and time modding toons. So equate that to said job Hunter going out and buying new clothes, equipment, and taking training for the job....

This is a huge bungle....
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    mobious wrote: »
    so am I going to have my money I spent on gearing him refunded to me ?

I’ve been trying to get that answered for a while now.

For your money you will get 250 crystals and 2k shard shop currency, isnt that fair enough? According to Kyno, yes.
  • Options

That was hard to read. Why can't you just wait a little longer until the next TW/TB is over and get him? lol so you're just crying you thought you got a golden ticket a few days early and now you have to wait again like you were thinking you'd have to do in the first place?

Who said I am crying? I see your perception as good as your reading skills! 😂😂😂I am just **** off. Fought finally can get rid of his farm. Ok, I will wait couple days without ‘feeling of pride and accomplishment’! 😂😂😂
  • Options

Who said I am crying? I see your perception as good as your reading skills! 😂😂😂I am just **** off. Fought finally can get rid of his farm. Ok, I will wait couple days without ‘feeling of pride and accomplishment’! 😂😂😂

Tomato, Tomato.
  • Options

For your money you will get 250 crystals and 2k shard shop currency, isnt that fair enough? According to Kyno, yes.

What about those that barely squeaked by the 2nd time and decided to beef up their team a little when they saw they were offering shards for this. I'm sure they spent far more than 250 crystals if they put more gear on carth, mission, or zalbar. After all one stun gun costs 10 times that.

I can definitely see people willing to gear toons like mission more to reduce the rng if they can finish malak. But not for no rewards because you can just pass.
  • Options
    So, why wouldn't they give everyone the 2k currency? Why let a small portion of the playerbase benefit from a bug, and not let everyone get the same benefit?
  • Options

No. It's like some employee of your big corporation putting up a notice saying, "Anyone who works on Christmas will get paid 100/hour holiday pay! Sign up here. Red shirt/green pants required."

Then a bunch of people sign up to work on Christmas, some of them even go out and spend money on a red shirt and green pants because they didn't have them before and the extra money they make was going to be worth a lot more than what they spent on a shirt and pants.

The people show up to work. There's a gatekeeper assigned to the door by someone in middle management to make sure they signed-up appropriately and they have their red shirt and green pants on.

Despite only letting in the people who are supposed to be let in, there's really nothing much to do, since it's Christmas, except for the emergency tech support staff, who all earn 40/hour on regular days and have to be there when the people in India or Israel or Japan have a problem on what, for them, is a work day. The clerical staff and the people who run errands for minimum wage, they don't have much to do at all and earn an easy $800 for a day's work when they would normally work most of two weeks to get that. They're earning 8x their hourly wage when the emergency tech staff - the ones the management really actually valued and wanted - are only getting 2.5x their hourly wage. But it's a little bit worse than that, because even with the emergency tech support staff, more people signed up than they really needed so extra money got payed out there too, not extra per person, but extra nonetheless.

Then, after the paychecks go out, payroll calls up and says, "**** is this? We can't give out this much money!" Then the managers who authorized the employee who put up the notice about holiday pay get together in a room and yell at each other about who forgot to check the wording of the notice and who forgot to make sure that only emergency tech support was allowed to work and who set up the gatekeeper at the door and who didn't give the gatekeeper the right instructions.

At that point, instead of the employees standing up for each other and saying,
    "Look, we did what you asked and some of us even had to spend real money to meet your requirements, so just give us the money!"
    what we actually get are a bunch of emergency tech support people saying,
    "Obviously you shouldn't have done any work, despite reading the notice hanging on the wall of the "Events" section of the bulletin board, spending money, meeting requirements, passing the check that management put in place, and doing only what you were invited to do. Clearly, you should have your wages docked so that my pay isn't devalued since I don't get as much benefit from the holiday pay as you peons."

and then we get a bunch of clerical workers and errand runners saying,
    "Well you're getting too much too! Why are you getting any extra benefit? They should dock your pay as well! It won't hurt you as much but you should still have your pay docked!"

This isn't someone getting $2M for doing nothing. This is the company making it easier to earn money than they meant it to be, having people actually show up and actually do the work, and then the company trying to retroactively reduce your pay because they really would have preferred to pay you less and really actually scheduled too many employees on Christmas when they really didn't need that many in the office.

Guess what? The company never gets the money back. That's the law.

And it's also a much better analogy than the $2m for doing no work story.

So why are we acting like the workers and insisting that everybody get their pay docked even though people really did show up and do the work? Even though some people actually spent resources to meet the requirements? Why can't we all agree that CG offered holiday pay to too many workers, but anyone who actually did the work gets paid b/c that's CG's mistake?

Unity in the face of CG's mistake is the only thing that's going to make a difference here. As long as we are attacking each other, CG has no incentive to actually make things right.
  • Options

No. It's like some employee of your big corporation putting up a notice saying, "Anyone who works on Christmas will get paid 100/hour holiday pay! Sign up here. Red shirt/green pants required."

Then a bunch of people sign up to work on Christmas, some of them even go out and spend money on a red shirt and green pants because they didn't have them before and the extra money they make was going to be worth a lot more than what they spent on a shirt and pants.

The people show up to work. There's a gatekeeper assigned to the door by someone in middle management to make sure they signed-up appropriately and they have their red shirt and green pants on.

Despite only letting in the people who are supposed to be let in, there's really nothing much to do, since it's Christmas, except for the emergency tech support staff, who all earn 40/hour on regular days and have to be there when the people in India or Israel or Japan have a problem on what, for them, is a work day. The clerical staff and the people who run errands for minimum wage, they don't have much to do at all and earn an easy $800 for a day's work when they would normally work most of two weeks to get that. They're earning 8x their hourly wage when the emergency tech staff - the ones the management really actually valued and wanted - are only getting 2.5x their hourly wage. But it's a little bit worse than that, because even with the emergency tech support staff, more people signed up than they really needed so extra money got payed out there too, not extra per person, but extra nonetheless.

Then, after the paychecks go out, payroll calls up and says, "**** is this? We can't give out this much money!" Then the managers who authorized the employee who put up the notice about holiday pay get together in a room and yell at each other about who forgot to check the wording of the notice and who forgot to make sure that only emergency tech support was allowed to work and who set up the gatekeeper at the door and who didn't give the gatekeeper the right instructions.

At that point, instead of the employees standing up for each other and saying,
    "Look, we did what you asked and some of us even had to spend real money to meet your requirements, so just give us the money!"
    what we actually get are a bunch of emergency tech support people saying,
    "Obviously you shouldn't have done any work, despite reading the notice hanging on the wall of the "Events" section of the bulletin board, spending money, meeting requirements, passing the check that management put in place, and doing only what you were invited to do. Clearly, you should have your wages docked so that my pay isn't devalued since I don't get as much benefit from the holiday pay as you peons."

and then we get a bunch of clerical workers and errand runners saying,
    "Well you're getting too much too! Why are you getting any extra benefit? They should dock your pay as well! It won't hurt you as much but you should still have your pay docked!"

This isn't someone getting $2M for doing nothing. This is the company making it easier to earn money than they meant it to be, having people actually show up and actually do the work, and then the company trying to retroactively reduce your pay because they really would have preferred to pay you less and really actually scheduled too many employees on Christmas when they really didn't need that many in the office.

Guess what? The company never gets the money back. That's the law.

And it's also a much better analogy than the $2m for doing no work story.

So why are we acting like the workers and insisting that everybody get their pay docked even though people really did show up and do the work? Even though some people actually spent resources to meet the requirements? Why can't we all agree that CG offered holiday pay to too many workers, but anyone who actually did the work gets paid b/c that's CG's mistake?

Unity in the face of CG's mistake is the only thing that's going to make a difference here. As long as we are attacking each other, CG has no incentive to actually make things right.

You're exactly right. The event promised the malak shards. For some it was shard shop currency so not worth much. To others it was worth much more. But they promised malak shards when the rewards for beating the event 1 time for the run of the event.

Since they canceled the event, they do need to give the malak shards to those tgat qualified for the event but couldn't play it. That is leveling the playing field and that is the only solution that is acceptable.

And for those that already had a 7 star malak. Too bad you soent the get to get him but that was your choice. I spent a lot of get too and had him 30/100. It's not like new ways of getting get characters cheaper haven't come before. Wampa being a reward for galactic bounties is a great example. Those that already have wampa farmed got less value. So what. They had him sooner when he was more dominant.

Those that 7 stared malak had use of hom longer. Getting anything sooner is aslways more expensive in this game. I think making shards a reward every time would be great but at a minimum, they need to pay out the reward they promised.
  • Options
    @CG I spend 6 hours on this event! 250 cristal is not enough! It's above 2$! I don't consider is enough for time I spend on the event for Nothing and to compensate it
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I think I now see how the 2250 shard shop currency for all 7* is fair.

3 types of 7* malak owners at time of event.

1. Player didn’t play the event this time at all
    2. Player played both LS and DS and got 150 malak shards that they turned into SSC.
    3. Player played only LS or DS and got 75 malak shards that they turned into SSC.

Since they didn’t let the event run it’s course then it would be unfair to player 1 to not award SSC as they might have not had a chance to log in yet to run the event.

*for all 7 star owners not for all
  • Options
    So the people who COULD have gotten shard currency (I.e. those close to 7* but not there yet) and did not EXPLOIT A BUG get no shard currency compensation.

Meanwhile, those who did EXPLOIT get to keep their currency (if they were at 7*), in addition to all those who shouldn’t have received anything from this event in the first place (those with 7* Malaks who did not exploit).

Yeah, great plan. Thanks a f’ing lot. I’m at 95/100 on Malak and intentionally chose not to exploit, believing I was doing the right thing. Clearly I was wrong.

Playing an event for the posted reawrds isn't exploiting a bug. It's playing the game
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno is saying that the devs told him that 5*/6* owners will also be getting 2250 SSc after their announcement post

This is overlooked because CG said the opposite and never updated to clarify

That would then be fair to 5 and 6 star owners...but not to those yet to unlock...I’m 20/100 before issue so I’m in the former, but then anyone with malak got more compensation than those without...for no reason...see what actually happens I suppose
  • Options
    Why dont they put a limit to prevent people hoarding currency. Like for example we cant keep more than N token ?