People are not playing GA anymore

Prev134567
Raven714
62 posts Member
edited October 2019
I've noticed in my Grand Arena people are not playing anymore I guess the computer is just filling the empty spots with whatever
Starting to become a ghost town
Is this happening to anyone else?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Not to me - I’ve not once faced auto set defence, and only once has my opponent failed to attack.
  • Options
    So far no opponent has attacked my last match I only attached one of his squads and won now the same is happening on the second round
  • Options
    Division?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i've never faced an auto defence. Since the start of GAC only 1 opponent didn't attack.
    I do win most of my battles, so 2/3rds of my opponents have won their previous battle.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Grand Arena is not equal to the game. It is only its part.
    And your opponents are not equal to all players.

I play swgoh but I "play" GA only by pressing "join" and "collect". Because I dont see it as something worth my time and effort. That does not mean that "people are not playing that game".
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Grand Arena is not equal to the game. It is only its part.
    And your opponents are not equal to all players.

I play swgoh but I "play" GA only by pressing "join" and "collect". Because I dont see it as something worth my time and effort. That does not mean that "people are not playing that game".

You're right. The lack of participation in a ton of the shards, inactive long time players on friends lists, failing guilds, etc. Are better examples of the current state of the game.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I love anecdotal evidence. Extremely entertaining.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Raven714 wrote: »
    I've noticed in my Grand Arena people are not playing anymore I guess the computer is just filling the empty spots with whatever
    Starting to become a ghost town
    Is this happening to anyone else?

I wish... I am getting wtfpwned. I am in the 5Mil + league and facing some very strong opponents. I won this one; but the last one RNG got the best of me and both my DR counters failed.
  • Options
    I’ve been too busy to really play the game recently so I’ve been auto deploying to give my opponents an opportunity to get rewards
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I face this often enough to know that there is probably around a quarter of the GA eligible players that I match up with who allow auto assignment. Why that is the case is anyone’s guess. Could be lack of interest leading to lower engagement, or lack or time.
  • Options
    I've been matched up with bums all the time.

The only time I lose is when I get cocky or I get connection errors
  • Options
    By my best recollection, I've faced 3 auto-defenses in the last 11 opponents (the last 3 GACs and the two opponents from the current GAC).
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Raven714 wrote: »
    So far no opponent has attacked my last match I only attached one of his squads and won now the same is happening on the second round
    I’ve had a lot of opponents that waited until the last hour or 2 of the round to attack

We still have 6 hours left in this round
  • Options
    omg how do i got on your shard!!!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    op, mbn. I can only assume people aren't bothering bc the rewards are so atrocious

Hantal86 wrote: »
    I’ve been too busy to really play the game recently so I’ve been auto deploying to give my opponents an opportunity to get rewards

not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Last GA group 2 of my opponents set normal defenses but never attacked me, but that's just it.
  • Options
    The interest is definitely down, but most of my opponents (5M tier) both set up defenses and attack. Now and then you get an opponent who skips the round, sometimes I have to skip a round myself due to RL conflicts, but most people who register for GA do seem to actively play it.

Just a personal observation, of course.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't faced an auto-defense since crossing into Division 2. Even in Div 3 I only saw them occasionally.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I haven't faced an auto-defense since crossing into Division 2. Even in Div 3 I only saw them occasionally.

Same.
  • Options
    So far I've faced the same person twice in each(!) GAC, and I've also faced 2 auto-defenses.

Faced this guy twice (in a row!) in the first one: https://swgoh.gg/p/581738526/
    The other guy isn't on Swgoh.gg

While I suppose it might be a statistical outlier, it does suggest that there is a very small pool of players that share my effective GP of 1.5mil, and once you further sort them by division and league repeat match-ups will be come inevitable.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    People are not playing the game period

It's true. No one's playing. Everyone quit.

And yet everyone is still posting. I don't get it.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Raven714 – any updates? Did your opponent ended up attacking or nah
  • ShaeVizla
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I gave up on ga. Not worth the time. Just set one defense
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    ShaeVizla wrote: »

Way to punish your opponent just because you don't like the game mode. Seems fair.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just had an opponent not attack. I had a good score so maybe he didn't feel like bothering. I also didn't bother putting effort in when dealing with General Skywalker as I didn't have the energy for it, and had 1 or 2 poor wars as a result.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ShaeVizla wrote: »

why spend time setting one defense?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    People are not playing the game period

It's true. No one's playing. Everyone quit.

And yet everyone is still posting. I don't get it.

I’d love to see the data you’ve got that supports your claim that “everyone is still posting”.