#2 Misrepresented Characters: Kit Fisto update 3.0 : got small buff still useless...not arena viable

Replies

• Options
    Yes He Is ( Buff/Overhaul needed)
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Looking at Jedi as a whole, they really don't have any decent AOE. In a way, I can understand that. It seems like they're saving the good AOE's (except for Jawas) for DS.

A Jedi character with the ability to hit multiple targets would be in line with Fisto's Shii-Cho skill. A certain percentage chance to hit an additional toon sounds just about right.

Fisto was an agile and quick adversary. He would likely be better suited with a smaller HP pool and a decent evasion rate instead. His splendid performance vs a complicated opponent such as General Grievous reinforces this image.

As a leader, Fisto was fearless and inspiring. While many Jedi were fearless, not all of them were naturally inspiring to their troops. Indeed, Plo Koon was stalwart and relentless, seeming almost menacing on occasion. Fisto would work better with a more high energetic skill such as Speed up.

So here's an idea for a new skill set for Fisto.

Basic attack: Shii-Cho - Deal physical damage to one opponent, with a (%) chance to hit another opponent and a (%) chance to gain Evasion up for X turns.

Special attack: Jedi offensive - Fisto inspires fellow Jedi into action. Fisto and two random Jedi allies make a common AOE attack. It's damage is calculated using the offensive power of all three Jedi (with a modifier). All Jedi's turn meters are reduced to zero after the attack.

Leadership skill: Peaceful warrior - Fisto encourages his allies to win the day. All allies gain +20% tenacity. In addition, whenever a Jedi takes damage, they have (%) chance to gain Speed up for X turns.

Unique skill: Master bladework - Fisto gains (%) offense and has a (%) chance to intercept enemy attacks on any ally below 50% health. The attack is instead resolved against Kit Fisto, with a (%) chance for Fisto to counter attack.

So this is just a hasty write-up. But maybe it could grant Fisto some new utility? Speed up is an excellent buff, and with high evasion rate, Fisto would effectively be able to absorb a few attacks against fellow Jedi, forcing them to switch target and then dodge the attack entirely.

His signature move Jedi offensive would consume not just his own, but two other Jedi allies' turn meters as well. If you're unlucky, one of them could be Barriss... But it would be a high risk high reward move with a chance to do serious damage.

Consider this food for thought. :)

Anakin has an AOE, and he's supposedly going to be amazing in later levels.

Yes. Well, you see, I was drunk. Still, I put some effort into something constructive about Fisto and everybody starts talking about Anakin. There's no justice for tentacle dudes.

Otoh I just learned from the gossip column known as Wookieepedia that he's been getting some snog off Aayla Secura, so I guess he's doing alright.

:D

All of my posts from last night were written in a rather intoxicated state too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Surely Kit Fisto and Admiral Ackbar should have some sort of synergy, right? ;)
  • Options

I was told he was meant to be the lightside version of Dooku. Also with his damage the way it is he definitely needs a boost on that as two of his basics are needed to be on par with others.
    The lightside version of Dooku is Aayla.
    Chance for double hits on basic attacks (in Aayla's case, it's through assists)
    Stuns
    High counter (and highe damage from counters).

They have basically the same role, although Aayla is much slower and tankier.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks all lol alot of comments to catch up on and i will get to each one i promise just need some time.

As usual my guild mates and the forum community has banded together to bring another character into the light. :)
  • Options
    Looking at Jedi as a whole, they really don't have any decent AOE. In a way, I can understand that. It seems like they're saving the good AOE's (except for Jawas) for DS.

A Jedi character with the ability to hit multiple targets would be in line with Fisto's Shii-Cho skill. A certain percentage chance to hit an additional toon sounds just about right.

Fisto was an agile and quick adversary. He would likely be better suited with a smaller HP pool and a decent evasion rate instead. His splendid performance vs a complicated opponent such as General Grievous reinforces this image.

As a leader, Fisto was fearless and inspiring. While many Jedi were fearless, not all of them were naturally inspiring to their troops. Indeed, Plo Koon was stalwart and relentless, seeming almost menacing on occasion. Fisto would work better with a more high energetic skill such as Speed up.

Basic attack: Shii-Cho - Deal physical damage to one opponent, with a (%) chance to hit another opponent and a (%) chance to gain Evasion up for X turns.

Special attack: Jedi offensive - Fisto inspires fellow Jedi into action. Fisto and two random Jedi allies make a common AOE attack. It's damage is calculated using the offensive power of all three Jedi (with a modifier). All Jedi's turn meters are reduced to zero after the attack.

Leadership skill: Peaceful warrior - Fisto encourages his allies to win the day. All allies gain +20% tenacity. In addition, whenever a Jedi takes damage, they have (%) chance to gain Speed up for X turns.

Unique skill: Master bladework - Fisto gains (%) offense and has a (%) chance to intercept enemy attacks on any ally below 50% health. The attack is instead resolved against Kit Fisto, with a (%) chance for Fisto to counter attack.

So this is just a hasty write-up. But maybe it could grant Fisto some new utility? Speed up is an excellent buff, and with high evasion rate, Fisto would effectively be able to absorb a few attacks against fellow Jedi, forcing them to switch target and then dodge the attack entirely.

His signature move Jedi offensive would consume not just his own, but two other Jedi allies' turn meters as well. If you're unlucky, one of them could be Barriss... But it would be a high risk high reward move with a chance to do serious damage.

@Nonemo

I am in love with your idea so much so that i hope they go with this as it is lote friendly and it would bring him in line.

High risk but high reward love it
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    Hopefully he becomes available sooner rather than later! I believe he Anakin and Mace all need serious attention as they are the favorites as many and are very underwhelming Anakin is still not where i'd like him to be needs damage buff. As my favorite character I use him maxed 6* on my squad! Kit I'd love on my squad but looking at the maxed as it is NO CHANCE!

Im kinda hoping the facts are right and anakin at 80 and 90 is going to have a huge role. :)

I use my kit in every thing because i dont care for meta teams and i love him but jebus he is a wet noddle attacker.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Again: not every single Jedi can be a top 5 damage dealing char in the game, because there are only 5 slots in a top5, and we have 14 Jedis, and some slots need to go for non Jedis as well.

Anakin does RIGHT NOW (no need to wait to lvl 90) a total of 2210 base damage with his AOE. That's on par with Kylo (2225) IG88 (2208) and Lando (2110) and not far from Sid (2371). Each of them has a different perk added to his AOE (ability block, DOTs, chance to Offense Up, etc) and a way to increase damage (with debuffs, when an ally dies, etc), but they are all of them in the same level. He is good. But "good" is not enough for Jedis fans, they won't stop until Jedis outperform every other faction by far, and Darth Vader can oneshot 1 char per turn.

Dont worry bud Cad Bane and Maul are next on the list and this isn't about jedi as a whole but bringing characters that dont see use to light.

Emo has a good idea on how to balance lore and bring him up to basic levels for high risk high reward. :)
  • Options

Yes. Well, you see, I was drunk. Still, I put some effort into something constructive about Fisto and everybody starts talking about Anakin. There's no justice for tentacle dudes.

Otoh I just learned from the gossip column known as Wookieepedia that he's been getting some snog off Aayla Secura, so I guess he's doing alright.

I love your idea buddy :) and im going to use it to push him futher.
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

Lol man it's all good! Fisto needs a rework just saying others do as well! Mentioning fistos accomplishments is a great start like this poster did! Lots of guys need buffs! Fisto, Mace, Anakin to name a few!

Yep I've already got Cad Bane and Maul ready once this thread is done like the others. :)
  • Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »

I was told he was meant to be the lightside version of Dooku. Also with his damage the way it is he definitely needs a boost on that as two of his basics are needed to be on par with others.
    The lightside version of Dooku is Aayla.
    Chance for double hits on basic attacks (in Aayla's case, it's through assists)
    Stuns
    High counter (and highe damage from counters).

They have basically the same role, although Aayla is much slower and tankier.

To her benfit :) love that girl
  • Options

:D

All of my posts from last night were written in a rather intoxicated state too.

:D turtle power!!!
  • Options
    Refreshed
  • Options
    ASAP
  • Options
    Refreshed
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Other (I have something else to say on this subject)
    Btw I saw a Fisto in my Arena shard today. Saved him for last just to see how he was played by AI. He is indeed entirely forgettable. Very low damage and no dangerous skills at all. I remembered him as better back when I 7*'d mine.
  • Options
    Btw I saw a Fisto in my Arena shard today. Saved him for last just to see how he was played by AI. He is indeed entirely forgettable. Very low damage and no dangerous skills at all. I remembered him as better back when I 7*'d mine.

Yeah as my guildies have pointed out they never leave teams with him in it alone. Because like 5s just leaving them to last is best as they pose no threat to your team. He already gives away his first turn with his AOE that can't move health bars.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Yeah as my guildies have pointed out they never leave teams with him in it alone. Because like 5s just leaving them to last is best as they pose no threat to your team. He already gives away his first turn with his AOE that can't move health bars.

Hey, Fives is a lot more useful than Fisto! In any even battle, if they left Fives for last, they likely won't win. He survives vs most toons 1v1 and has a decent chance 1v2.
  • Options

Hey, Fives is a lot more useful than Fisto! In any even battle, if they left Fives for last, they likely won't win. He survives vs most toons 1v1 and has a decent chance 1v2.

I agree he is more useful poor Kit can't do much but take hits lol such a wet noodle he is. I can't remember if 5s has ever been a problem for me as i don't see much outside of meta.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

I agree he is more useful poor Kit can't do much but take hits lol such a wet noodle he is. I can't remember if 5s has ever been a problem for me as i don't see much outside of meta.

That sounds boring. Otoh I'm one of few who do original stuff in my top 20. Plenty of droids and QGJ teams in there too. :-/
  • Options

Fives is great.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Our game version is missing a saber...

I got him from Bronzium but at 2* he isn't much good for me, I hope to see him farmable one day... For now I'm happy working on what we get to farm.

Oh yeah, I would totally like to farm Kenobi one day aswell!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    The aoe is incredibly useless.

Counter, hp, damage w/ double attack makes him useful but not fitting.
  • Options

That sounds boring. Otoh I'm one of few who do original stuff in my top 20. Plenty of droids and QGJ teams in there too. :-/

You know I love seeing the odd team's in GW and arena but very rare. Best team that actually was a serious problem was FO team with RG.
  • Options

Fives is great.

Yeah I'd love to see him and rex in a team.
    Have not even seen a Rex team yet.
  • Options
    No he is fine (Nothing is needed)
    Triqui wrote: »

Yoda has an AOE too. 2nd highest base damage AOE in the game after Maul.

In fact, in the top 10 of AOE, by base damage, we have 2 Sith (Maul and Sid), 2 droids (Grievous and 88), 2 Jedi (Yoda and Anakin), 1 Nightsister (Ventress), 1Jawa (the basic Jawa), 1 First Order (Kylo) and 1 Empire (Snowtrooper).

Great job pointing this out. Jedi have plenty of solid AOE options. Even Fisto's AOE is decent - middle of the pack. Hits harder than Captain Phasma, HK, Boba, Vader (not including DoTs), and Tarkin among others. Then they have Plo Koon with AOE that hits harder than HK and Phasma....JKG brings up the rear of the AOE in the game, but that's a 5th Jedi with AOE ability. Just between Yoda, JKA, and Fisto, that's 6300 in total AOE damage assuming no offense up buffs and no crits.

JKA is right now, one of the best heroes in the game. As mentioned, he has top 10 power on his AOE like Kylo and has similar health so he's pretty tanky...but then he has 21 more speed and with a Jinn leader he's one of the faster hitting toons in the game. His passive on deaths gives him O up and instant meter - that's absolutely an outstanding ability. He's pretty much perfectly made for these high damage fast teams with that skill set.
  • Options
    I think Kit is middle of the pack or slightly higher tier - I can see for someone that's a huge Kit fan that he would be underwhelming because nothing sticks out, but he's also a pretty decent overall character with various skill sets. I don't think he has a major weakness. He's actually a great option vs. the current speed meta in a tanky AOE team - he hits decently hard on his AOE - harder than Phasma - and the guy can seriously tank at nearly 17k max health at this cap. Throw in the counter chance as well which helps chip away at the speedy dps toons.
  • Options

AOEs will always seem terrible when controlled by the AI AND if the team isn't setup as an overall aoe theme team. Stick Kit Fisto's AOE on a team with Sid lead, Yoda, Kit, Kylo, and JKA.... just for example. Due to speed / tankyness of those hereos, each has a very high probability of getting off their AOE no problem vs. any high damage configuration. Using the Cantina A-Dam stats - assuming no crits or no offense up buffs - that's 11,006 in total aoe damage. Obviously crits do happen so you're effective damage will be notably higher - but just that 11k is going to be enough to kill the following: QGJ, Rey, Yoda, FOTP, and Sid....GS will have just 1300 health left - so if just about any of the characters above crit on GS he will be dead too. All that will be left of your opponent is a RG with a red health bar :)

Fisto actually has a versatile and rare kit, why I like Kylo, in that he's tanky, has decent speed and has an AOE skill combined countering ability. If I were to make any adjustment to Kit it would be to just increase his countering percentage a bit.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think Kit is middle of the pack or slightly higher tier - I can see for someone that's a huge Kit fan that he would be underwhelming because nothing sticks out, but he's also a pretty decent overall character with various skill sets. I don't think he has a major weakness. He's actually a great option vs. the current speed meta in a tanky AOE team - he hits decently hard on his AOE - harder than Phasma - and the guy can seriously tank at nearly 17k max health at this cap. Throw in the counter chance as well which helps chip away at the speedy dps toons.

Sorry Johnny gotta disgaree with you big time here. I have him maxed and his Aoe does not move health bars at all, with his wet noodle attack his double attack that has a low chance to happen compared to banes 55% is actually needed just to deal basic damage. His counter is of low chance but could be useful if his attack wasn't so bad.

His health and ok speed are his benfits, i urge you to 7* him and max him out and i promise you he will be slaughtered.

Ps. Bane is next on my list poor bloke needs the spotlight on him as well. Also you don't run Plo in a jedi team as he wouldn't be worth the spot.
  • Options
    Stop looking at Kit Fisto as "Jedi have enough yada"...look at him as an individual hero and how he is in any team.

Not everyone runs full jedi teams just because in fact very few do and arena shows it well.
  • Options

Sorry Johnny gotta disgaree with you big time here. I have him maxed and his Aoe does not move health bars at all, with his wet noodle attack his double attack that has a low chance to happen compared to banes 55% is actually needed just to deal basic damage. His counter is of low chance but could be useful if his attack wasn't so bad.

His health and ok speed are his benfits, i urge you to 7* him and max him out and i promise you he will be slaughtered.

Ps. Bane is next on my list poor bloke needs the spotlight on him as well. Also you don't run Plo in a jedi team as he wouldn't be worth the spot.

You could run Plo in Jedi team if you're running an AOE team. Just add up the numbers on aoe and that's how it's most effective when looked at as its own theme. If you're just trying to kill people with Kit's AOEs, sure it's not going to do much, but most AOEs are like that. However, if you're using 5x AOE toons vs. the speed high damage meta Kit will do very well. Say you took an all Jedi all AOE team - JKA, Kit, JKG, Plo, and Yoda - they would cumulatively do over 9k in non-crit, non-offense up AOE damage. Use JKA as a leader with higher offense for Jedi and that number will move up. Sprinkle in some crits and you're doing plenty adequate damage to kill Rey, enemy Jinn, etc. All those heroes have good health too so hey will survive the first round attacks well. Yoda has lower health, but he's so fast he will get his hit off just fine.