These pictures show the two problems with GAC right now

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Even if I "only" farmed 5 mods a day from the mod nodes, over the last 18 months I've been doing it that is 2,737.5 mods (547.5 days x 5). Getting 8 mods with secondary speed of 20+ out of over 2700 mods should be a huge issue for any player to realize. "

Meanwhile I've been farming 27 mods a day to your 5. That is 547.5 x 27 = 14782.5 mods to your 2737.5 mods. It doesn't matter what CG "should do" all that matters is what they've done. This is the system we have. And my mods are better than yours because I've farmed over 12,000 more mods than you over the last 18 months, not because of RNG.

And it took me 150 crystals a day. Not 1000.

Um, no. That's still RNG.

Nobody claims that there's no RNG element. The odds are exactly the same for everyone. However, if you farm/slice more mods your will probably have more great mods.

Yes, the word "probably" reflects the element of probability.

• Options
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    Even if I "only" farmed 5 mods a day from the mod nodes, over the last 18 months I've been doing it that is 2,737.5 mods (547.5 days x 5). Getting 8 mods with secondary speed of 20+ out of over 2700 mods should be a huge issue for any player to realize. "

Meanwhile I've been farming 27 mods a day to your 5. That is 547.5 x 27 = 14782.5 mods to your 2737.5 mods. It doesn't matter what CG "should do" all that matters is what they've done. This is the system we have. And my mods are better than yours because I've farmed over 12,000 more mods than you over the last 18 months, not because of RNG.

And it took me 150 crystals a day. Not 1000.

That is still RNG , I don’t farm any mods yet still have had 10 mods with 20+ speed in the last 6 months , so for him to get 8 from 18months of farming would lead me to agree RNG mods are a problem .
    I think it's been established on both sides of the argument that mod farming is affected by RNG, nobody denies that. The main concern here was opponents having several times the mod inventory that you have.

Again, if someone has 5 times as many 15-20+ speed mods as you do, they are/were just as susceptible to RNG, they just probably had an easier time accepting the way mod farming works.

They might not have done 5 times more refreshes for that inventory than you did. It might have been just 3. But it also could have been 7. You can still be sure that they farmed a lot more mods than you did, though.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Fixer wrote: »
    If you put NS or Geo squads on defense you have planned to an extent sure and you made sure they have support toons by default and strong chemistry and even strong overall. But could you really look yourself in the mirror and say that took any form of ingenuity or skill or tactics.
    The tactics comes from the place you set then and the way you mod them. Placing certain teams if you have them is a no-brainer, yet setting them up to shut down typical counters is more about skill.

For instance, you can mod Geos to give Traya a hard time and the very least steal several banners if not a first time victory. You can mod your NS in a way in which attacking them with anything below Padmé's power level is a gamble. In this case, it starts turning into skill/strategy.
    I hate to break it to you, but this is not strategy. This is simply outspending your opponent (with money and or time invested)
    Is it, now? You can beat pretty much any opponent that does not have over two times your mod inventory if you just know where to place them.

Of course, as long as you pick gearing your favourite heroes over some no-name characters (which have more use), it's not going to work. But blaming every loss on being outmatched or outspent is starting to get an outdated excuse.

Except you forget that getting mods is pure RNG therefore no strategy involved here.

There's strategy in the decision on how much you farm mods and slicing materials and how you use your slicing materials. You can increase your odds on receiving great mods.

Only that those are contradictory strategies unless you spend significant coin or time. Farm x characters to obtain required meta character vs. farm required gear vs farm toons required for raids vs farm gear for relics... and we are not even talking about ships yet.

There's strategy in finding the right balance between the farms. Resource management.
    Yes, farming gear is important and neglected by many, but don’t tell me: get DR or get Malak if you can’t beat tour opponent and at the same time tel me: farm gear if you want to beat your opponent.

Why not?
    If doing all this is strategy, then strategy is simply outspending your opponent...

Out spending your opponents is only one strategy of many available. Your view on strategy is far too simple.

To bring that back on topic. This is about GAC and strategy in that context.

If the only way (or “strategy”) to win in GAC is to outspend your opponent, then the GAC matchmaking failed in the first place.

Again:
    Out spending your opponents is only one strategy of many available. Your view on strategy is far too simple.
    And that is the only point I am making here. Your matchmaking might be great FOR YOU!

Broaden your mind a bit. Learn about other strategies than spending money. I don't spend money. I'm happy with my matchmaking. Same win rate as before championships were introduced and a win rate which matches how I perceive my own strength. No complaints here.
    But there are people seriously disadvantaged by the current matchmaking logic. And. Telling those people that
    a) there is no problem and/or
    b) they just need to spend more
    Is NOT a real solution. It is just ignorance!

Claiming that spending is the only strategy available is ignorant.

1) Do you have the lowest GP of the 8 players matched in your group? No? Maybe just unlucky! What about 3 times in a row? Still just unlucky?

2) I said that outspending includes money AND/OR time. Both are limited resources for most players. I didn’t hear any other strategy that allows a player without a maxed nuke team or a DR/Malak team to beat an opponent with a relic 5+ Malak team.
  • Options
    Being the lowest GP is utterly irrelevant, it really doesn't matter. There are other counters to Malak and Revan, Padme, JKR, Grievous spring to mind, heck for all your claims about maxed, nuke teams don't have to be, thats the point of them. Obviously if you don't have the teams to counter something, you aren't going to be able to counter it, but Darth Revan has been out a long time now, if you haven't worked on him or a counter to him in 7-8 months, that's the strategy you're missing, it requires prioritising your farms and working on something that's actually useful. There you go, sorted.
  • Options
    Yes, you still deal with RNG. If you would rather call me a CG employee than read what I actually said and try to understand it, that's on you.

Actually you did say that. You said your mods are better only because you farmed more than me, "not because of RNG." (So, perhaps you should re-read what you said) I also didn't say RNG was 100% the reason. The problem is RNG has far too much weight, which I mentioned earlier in this posting and CG just makes it more a factor in the game. Having good mods is a result of good rolls when farming, from events, drops, etc. (RNG!)

As the OP mentioned, how's he supposed to compete against 7 other players who have far better rosters? There is one other member of my current round of GAC that don't have relic 7 characters to face. Even if I throw 2, 3, 4 meta teams against a relic 7 DR / Malak team I can't get it off the board (partly because they're Relic 7 and partly due to having 300, 310, 320+ speed on most of that team). That's not due to skill, tactics, strategy, etc. That's just opponents seeing I can't clear that team, or another relic 7 meta team and dropping them on defense and clearing through my defense. Was it all due to RNG? Nope, but again, RNG played a far greater factor in how we are put into this position than you are acknowledging. Which is exactly what the OP is trying to say. (Matchmaking has improved since previous versions, but can still suck for some due to luck of the draw - RNG.)

Further, CG using this current map is providing further support to "offense" because you need one LESS team on defense due to the ship node. (might be different at the bottom tier(s) though) They really should've just kept it at previous squad amounts and just added the ship node.

In my opinion, if someone has relic 7 characters, they shouldn't be facing other players in GAC who don't have relic 7 characters. Regardless of counters, meta teams, etc. (even if they are that 1 player who relic 7'd their ugnaught. lol)

• thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    That's just opponents seeing I can't clear that team, or another relic 7 meta team and dropping them on defense and clearing through my defense.

That's a tactical strategy.
  • Options
    Yes, you still deal with RNG. If you would rather call me a CG employee than read what I actually said and try to understand it, that's on you.
    In my opinion, if someone has relic 7 characters, they shouldn't be facing other players in GAC who don't have relic 7 characters. Regardless of counters, meta teams, etc. (even if they are that 1 player who relic 7'd their ugnaught. lol)
    Why though? I doubt anybody upgrades a character to relic 7 because they can't wait to have a tougher competition to face. It's something you do to have an advantage over another player that overall invested the similar amount of resources in their roster, just made some worse choices.
  • Options
    Actually you did say that. You said your mods are better only because you farmed more than me, "not because of RNG." (So, perhaps you should re-read what you said) I also didn't say RNG was 100% the reason. The problem is RNG has far too much weight, which I mentioned earlier in this posting and CG just makes it more a factor in the game. Having good mods is a result of good rolls when farming, from events, drops, etc. (RNG!)
    If you both say RNG isn't entirely responsible, then you're in agreement. TVF said that him farming more mods is responsible for him having more good mods, that is true, whether there is an RNG factor or not, so no, it's not because of RNG.
    As the OP mentioned, how's he supposed to compete against 7 other players who have far better rosters?

You mean the OP that wasn't either side of that matchup, whilst the two people that were both commented on here saying they were fine with it and the match was actually very even?
    Further, CG using this current map is providing further support to "offense" because you need one LESS team on defense due to the ship node. (might be different at the bottom tier(s) though) They really should've just kept it at previous squad amounts and just added the ship node.

So?

That's not fair on poor Ugnaught, suddenly relic 6 is the meta way to go and to stop, introducing hard checks is just a foolish tactic, especially since the number of people with relic 7 characters won't divide into 8 just because you want it to.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you put NS or Geo squads on defense you have planned to an extent sure and you made sure they have support toons by default and strong chemistry and even strong overall. But could you really look yourself in the mirror and say that took any form of ingenuity or skill or tactics.
    The tactics comes from the place you set then and the way you mod them. Placing certain teams if you have them is a no-brainer, yet setting them up to shut down typical counters is more about skill.

For instance, you can mod Geos to give Traya a hard time and the very least steal several banners if not a first time victory. You can mod your NS in a way in which attacking them with anything below Padmé's power level is a gamble. In this case, it starts turning into skill/strategy.
    I hate to break it to you, but this is not strategy. This is simply outspending your opponent (with money and or time invested)
    Is it, now? You can beat pretty much any opponent that does not have over two times your mod inventory if you just know where to place them.

Of course, as long as you pick gearing your favourite heroes over some no-name characters (which have more use), it's not going to work. But blaming every loss on being outmatched or outspent is starting to get an outdated excuse.

Except you forget that getting mods is pure RNG therefore no strategy involved here.

There's strategy in the decision on how much you farm mods and slicing materials and how you use your slicing materials. You can increase your odds on receiving great mods.

Only that those are contradictory strategies unless you spend significant coin or time. Farm x characters to obtain required meta character vs. farm required gear vs farm toons required for raids vs farm gear for relics... and we are not even talking about ships yet.

There's strategy in finding the right balance between the farms. Resource management.
    Yes, farming gear is important and neglected by many, but don’t tell me: get DR or get Malak if you can’t beat tour opponent and at the same time tel me: farm gear if you want to beat your opponent.

Why not?
    If doing all this is strategy, then strategy is simply outspending your opponent...

If the only way (or “strategy”) to win in GAC is to outspend your opponent, then the GAC matchmaking failed in the first place.

Again:
    And that is the only point I am making here. Your matchmaking might be great FOR YOU!

Broaden your mind a bit. Learn about other strategies than spending money. I don't spend money. I'm happy with my matchmaking. Same win rate as before championships were introduced and a win rate which matches how I perceive my own strength. No complaints here.
    But there are people seriously disadvantaged by the current matchmaking logic. And. Telling those people that

1) Do you have the lowest GP of the 8 players matched in your group? No? Maybe just unlucky! What about 3 times in a row? Still just unlucky?

Or maybe you're just on the low end in your division.

Nevertheless, many players know, that total GP is irrelevant. GP if units which you don't use anyway is irrelevant when comparing roster strength. Broaden your mind. Don't keep starring at that irrelevant total GP metric.
    2) I said that outspending includes money AND/OR time.

Even if this was true:

Claiming that spending (money and/or time) is the only strategy available is ignorant.
    I didn’t hear any other strategy that allows a player without a maxed nuke team or a DR/Malak team to beat an opponent with a relic 5+ Malak team.

There's strategy in your farming choices. If your goal is to win GAs, then not farming/building counters to the teams you encounter in GA seems like a lacking strategy to me.

(Furthermore, more counters exist. Broaden your mind.)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    [...]
    As the OP mentioned, how's he supposed to compete against 7 other players who have far better rosters?

By improving his roster for the next GAC. And the Next. And the Next.
    There is one other member of my current round of GAC that don't have relic 7 characters to face. Even if I throw 2, 3, 4 meta teams against a relic 7 DR / Malak team I can't get it off the board (partly because they're Relic 7 and partly due to having 300, 310, 320+ speed on most of that team). That's not due to skill, tactics, strategy, etc.

That opponent's farming strategy, appears to give him an advantage in GAC, doesn't it?
    In my opinion, if someone has relic 7 characters, they shouldn't be facing other players in GAC who don't have relic 7 characters.

Why not? Why can't they benefit? Where would your incentive to enhance your relic from tier 6 to tier 7, if you would never face players with tier 7 relic teams, if you yourself kept yours at tier 6?
  • Options

Why not?

Again:

Nevertheless, many players know, that total GP is irrelevant. GP if units which you don't use anyway is irrelevant when comparing roster strength. Broaden your mind. Don't keep starring at that irrelevant total GP metric.

Even if this was true:

Claiming that spending (money and/or time) is the only strategy available is ignorant.
    I didn’t hear any other strategy that allows a player without a maxed nuke team or a DR/Malak team to beat an opponent with a relic 5+ Malak team.

There's strategy in your farming choices. If your goal is to win GAs, then not farming/building counters to the teams you encounter in GA seems like a lacking strategy to me.

Well if it is all my fault and the matchmaking is not to blame then explain to me why I am matched 3rd time in a row will players that are ALL !!! significantly stronger than me?

Not only by guild power, but by meta toons and by gear as well. How can you tell me the problem is me and not the matchmaking?

I have been playing this game for over 3 years now and this is getting close to victim blaming here.

I am not saying that I should be #1 in arena with a second grade team. But GAC is supposed to be different. Matching players with approximately the same strength is a complete fail for me.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    @Whatelse73 since you either fail to understand or just don't want to understand, despite multiple attempts by multiple people to explain it to you, I guess I'll just let it die and I'll continue to just work on getting more good mods while you blame CG for it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Well if it is all my fault and the matchmaking is not to blame then explain to me why I am matched 3rd time in a row will players that are ALL !!! significantly stronger than me?

Not only by guild power, but by meta toons and by gear as well. How can you tell me the problem is me and not the matchmaking?

I have been playing this game for over 3 years now and this is getting close to victim blaming here.

I am not saying that I should be #1 in arena with a second grade team. But GAC is supposed to be different. Matching players with approximately the same strength is a complete fail for me.

Victim blaming? Seriously? That's just not an acceptable comparison. With regards to what you are actually trying to say, however: Because GALACTIC power for the whole roster is irrelevant, the specific characters you have geared are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the extent to which you've geared them. So I'm going to throw it out there and say as a whole, they may have some stronger characters, but you have more that are worked on to a lesser extent. Whether they're good or not is your responsibility.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    [...]

There is one other member of my current round of GAC that don't have relic 7 characters to face. Even if I throw 2, 3, 4 meta teams against a relic 7 DR / Malak team I can't get it off the board (partly because they're Relic 7 and partly due to having 300, 310, 320+ speed on most of that team). That's not due to skill, tactics, strategy, etc.

That opponent's farming strategy, appears to give him an advantage in GAC, doesn't it?
    In my opinion, if someone has relic 7 characters, they shouldn't be facing other players in GAC who don't have relic 7 characters.

Why not? Why can't they benefit? Where would your incentive to enhance your relic from tier 6 to tier 7, if you would never face players with tier 7 relic teams, if you yourself kept yours at tier 6?

Squad Arena, where the rewards are better and you receive them daily. TB and TW, where the rewards are better as well. It's a tired and misinformed argument.

GAC and it's paltry rewards for the amount of time it takes to earn them is not the incentive or reason for players to develop their rosters. And the minute CG tries to force it to be, will be the day I quit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Well actually the idea that GAC takes significant time is also a tired and misinformed argument.
  • Options
    Well actually the idea that GAC takes significant time is also a tired and misinformed argument.

Agreed. Which is why I didn't make it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    It looked like you did. But ok.
  • Options

Why not?

Again:

Even if this was true:

If you are over three years in and you lack not one, but several meta characters, then there's your answer why losing is your fault and not the matchmaking's. Do you expect to be rewarded for casually skipping metas?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Why not?

Again:

Even if this was true:

What are you victim of?

You know how GAC is designed. If you want to win, then adapt to the design. Only half of the players can win each round. Do you see the other half as victims? Please, be reasonable.
    I am not saying that I should be #1 in arena with a second grade team. But GAC is supposed to be different.

So, why do you argue, that you should be able to perform better in GAC without improving your roster?
    Matching players with approximately the same strength is a complete fail for me.

AFAIK, GC never announced, that they intended to make 100% roster-wise even matches in GAC. I wouldn't hold my breath....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed. Which is why I didn't make it.

So those (in your words) paltry rewards are fine, then?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    [...]
    As the OP mentioned, how's he supposed to compete [...]

Squad Arena, where the rewards are better and you receive them daily. TB and TW, where the rewards are better as well. It's a tired and misinformed argument.

We're discussing GAC here. Stay on topic. OK, to pin it out, just for you:

Where would your incentive be in GAC to enhance your relic from tier 6 to tier 7, if you would never face players with tier 7 relic teams, if you yourself kept yours at tier 6?

Your view is far too narrow. Players do relic up more than the few characters, which they use in squad arena, you know.
    GAC and it's paltry rewards for the amount of time it takes to earn them is not the incentive or reason for players to develop their rosters.

Apparently, some players want to win in GAC, which is why we have this whole discussion in the first place.

• Options
    This is true, just as it is true that for every extra refresh you do, the chances of getting a good mod increase. it's called probability.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    This is true, just as it is true that for every extra refresh you do, the chances of getting a good mod increase. it's called probability.

Probability isn't strategy.

Dedicating your resources to intentionally improving it is.
  • Options

Probability isn't strategy.

Dedicating your resources to intentionally improving it is.

I believe that's called gambling, whats the saying probability has no memory poor strategy.