LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    It felt that way to me too. I tried the Phase 1 (middle) battles today with my clones (that went 1/4 yesterday in Phase 1), and they didn't even kill a single droid before they were wiped.
    And why the **** is Phase 2 (middle) open when we didnt even get a star in Phase 1 (middle) yesterday, while Phase 2 (bottom) is closed, but we got 2* in Phase 1 (bottom).
    What an absolute JOKE
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    each P2.[/quote]

Maybe this was their plan. And if it was, then nobody can progress because the rest of the content was not finished. But that's guessing.
    As a Windows application developer, I deeply respect Mobile gaming developers as they struggle against various is versions, many vendors, of course the complexity of the game code itself and the short release iterations to satisfy the community. If they release early everybody complains of buggy code, if they release later, everybody claims for new content.
    The community gets what it deserves.
  • Options
    Quit reaching
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    B)

Thanks for all the love.
  • Options
    I love to see how many forum warriors (who very much do not work at Capital Games) speak authoritatively on what is or isn't "working as intended".

Don't speak for development teams, let them speak for themselves.

le sigh.
  • Options
    Something we can say about this TB is that it shows how much work has to be done in terms of communication, meeting the playerbase expectation and at the same time offer to players something to work for little by little.

It is incredible how harder LS is comparing to DS Geo TB.
    If they plan to introduce new level cap or gear, EVERYTHING else will instantly become trivial.

Is this the way CG intend to take, well I don't know how many players are willing to follow them.

Right now the game is a joke.

And in this situation, is really sad to see Kyno being that sarcastic...it says it all.
  • Options
    Barring some massive power increase across the board, I’m confused how currently maxed teams can grow and handle P2-4. There’s literally no room to grow these characters besides rolling slightly more efficient mod sets (which is arguable as well as the stat distribution should be roughly equivalent on all 6* mods).

I “get” that these teams could be made more streamlined, and that some of the R7 teams being eaten are not optimal setups. On the other hand, if we assume the similar challenge progression to other Tb phases, where each wave 1 starts at roughly the wave 2 of the previous phase (or harder), we’re looking at 2/4 teams maybe clearing 1/4 in p2 and nothing in p3+, and 1/4 teams being deployments from p2+.

I think the most frustrating part is the lack of communication through an official dev statement. If this is working as intended, please tell us. I know the model for freemium games states that you, the devs, surprise us with level increases/growth so we cannot hoard resources, but this lack of understanding if this is a bug or a misunderstanding by players is huge.

Tldr:
    - we can’t push past R7, 6* mods, so I’m unsure where growth is expected
    - CG may want to reconsider their pre-written announcement of growth. I’m not sure players will be excited.
    - An official dev statement on the bug/WAI of ls geo Tb would go a long way.
  • micha_15
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Eonixx wrote: »
    If they plan to introduce new level cap or gear, EVERYTHING else will instantly become trivial.
    Right now the game is a joke.
    Absolutely right. I really don't complain normally but I have never seen so many people in all kinds of chats being that unhappy. Only hope is they adjust the difficulty and fix it. Every other solution would further harm the game. But the way they responded to the critique so far shows that this might most likely not happen
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    HarryTDF wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    The difficulty is WAI. The phase progression is not.

Have you tried phase 2? The phase difficulty isn't reversed, phase 2 is indeed harder than phase 1. Teams that struggled for a while before falling in phase 1 are now instead one shot. Teams that cleared 2+ waves now die before getting a turn.

Don’t mind him. He is one of those guys who know it all like TVF

Thanks!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This was my GR squad in phase 2. Padme is r4, GK, Ahsoka and Anakin all r7 and Threepio is g12. Threepio died before I got a single move.256feh0a84hu.jpg
  • Options
    WAI

And don't forget to whale harder!
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.

History shows that delays =|= bug free content.
    Having delays and 5 minor bugs is better than no delays and 20 game breaking bugs

Happy to hope that is the case. And I don’t actually care about the delay at all.

But let’s be serious here.
    DSGeo has been around for awhile and the disappearing buttons bug still isn’t fixed - it literally makes it so that you cannot play. It’s hard to imagine something more “gamebreaking” than that where they would still release the game mode. I don’t believe that the similar bug in Hith TBs was ever fully addressed. And that doesn’t even take into account all of the major bugs that have been present in every other game mode release, delayed or not.

So you’ll have to forgive my skepticism that a delay this time will result in all of the major bugs being addressed. My money says that they will delay, release (on Friday afternoon of course) and the game mode will still crash - hard - with bugs so big that it makes us all wonder how they could have missed them.

I’d be happy to be wrong, but sadly i doubt it.

Well it was hard to imagine any big worse than disappearing buttons that could literally break the game mode. I suppose keeping zones locked so that you can’t even enter the battles to have your buttons disappear qualifies.

CG: Hold my beer!

Glad we went through those delays to ensure that “only minor” bugs got through to release though...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Ilucide wrote: »
    I love to see how many forum warriors (who very much do not work at Capital Games) speak authoritatively on what is or isn't "working as intended".

le sigh.

LOL! We know two things and noone yet has laid claim to know more;
    - Kyno asked devs if the difficulty is as it should be, the answer was "%100 WAI"
    - There is an announcement today about phase unlock bug

And since not everyone knows of the first bit, we are referencing it. No idea how that would be speaking for the devs.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Rhod101 wrote: »
    This was my GR squad in phase 2. Padme is r4, GK, Ahsoka and Anakin all r7 and Threepio is g12. Threepio died before I got a single move.256feh0a84hu.jpg

Did better than me, two aoes right off the top and that was match. I laughed it was so ridiculous.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

le sigh.

- Kyno asked devs if the difficulty is as it should be, the answer was "%100 WAI"

And since not everyone knows of the first bit, we are referencing it. No idea how that would be speaking for the devs.

Cool story bro. Thanks for informing us.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    HarryTDF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

le sigh.

Cool story bro. Thanks for informing us.

You are welcome.
  • Options

bad strategy bro. I u dont kill fast those b2s you wont play. Got 4/4 with padme and 2/4 with shaak clones. middle p02 was acctually easier than p01. Still absurd though.
  • Options
    Where did Cg Carrie go?
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Did better than me, two aoes right off the top and that was match. I laughed it was so ridiculous.

Ever thought your team is not good enough yet? 4/4 here. 1 relic 7. MODS.
  • Options
    @Xlor1

Ever overconfident? RNG.
  • Options
    I misunderstood "phase progression" to mean "increasing difficulty as phases increase" rather than which zones open in the next phase. Sorry.
  • Options
    @Xlor1

Ever overconfident? RNG.

RNG only counts when he does poorly.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    I've spent more time on the forums then I have playing the game. You guys are entertaining!
  • Options
    How bout now...still WAI?!? Lmao.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    So, I posted the below in response to another thread, but it got deleted. I want to repost it here, to frame how people should think about this new map. It was in reference to "protesting," which isn't going to happen.
    I agree with the sentiment, because LS Geo is not even kind of fun, and impossible to "complete" for at least 3 and a half years, but even at 8* the rewards are (probably) better in Geo than in Hoth. The GET2, relic stuff, g12 finishers outweigh the decreased GET1 and crystals.

You just have to realize that it's an awful game mode and adjust your attitude accordingly so it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the game elsewhere. Just look at this as what it is: a ridiculous and hateful chore that must be done to progress the rest of your roster.