LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    [
    And just to clarify (since TVF seems to slightly misunderstand) - I'm not saying they wont have any TB - just not a new one. ;)

What was this in reference to? All I said was I wanted the Malevolence, and my point was that it will be delayed along with the LSTB (most likely).

Ahh - when you said "Mal" I thought you meant "Malak" and were referring to GET from TBs in general. My bad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Ha gotcha.

I also did not mean Captain Mal despite using a gif of him ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ha gotcha.

That would be one heck of a crossover.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    We were told we will be getting information this week or early next week.

"We" as in the mods, or "we" as in the forums? Because on 11/1 Crumb said "next week," which was last week, and we all know that didn't happen.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000512#Comment_2000512
    We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely

We as in all of us. "We" the mods dont generally get the information first, just the idea of when the information will be coming out.

Where, then? Only thing I found was what I linked, which said last week.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ha gotcha.

Malcolm Reynolds meeting K2SO would be...interesting. I'd take bets on whom would be the most sarcastic but that'd be a Wash.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options

"We" as in the mods, or "we" as in the forums? Because on 11/1 Crumb said "next week," which was last week, and we all know that didn't happen.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000512#Comment_2000512
    We've got a bunch of posts detailing the Light side version like last time. I'd expect that to kick off early next week most likely

We as in all of us. "We" the mods dont generally get the information first, just the idea of when the information will be coming out.

Where, then? Only thing I found was what I linked, which said last week.

Sorry, that was my confusion. I did mean we, as in the mods were told we should hear something this week or early next.
  • Options
    Ha gotcha.

I support this crossover.
  • Options
    Don’t start using logic, guys. People don’t like it. There’s a name for those people...
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options

Obviously

New TB start date is next week so we will be getting information if it’s launching one way or another even if they maintain radio silence
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel like a donkey for spending crystals on Hyena and Vulture, with Malevolence still not even on the horizon...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like a donkey for spending crystals on Hyena and Vulture, with Malevolence still not even on the horizon...

Most have been speculating that the Malevolence will be a GET2 buy much like the Negotiator. So, not sure there was ever a need to rush there.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Most have been speculating that the Malevolence will be a GET2 buy much like the Negotiator. So, not sure there was ever a need to rush there.

Some of us have been saving our GET2 until malevolence is released so we can decide which capital ship we want more.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options

I thought they confirmed that it will
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Even if it does go farmable you don’t have to spend as much time promoting it so it’s not a bad loss
  • Options

Kyno - I believe that the GET2 for Malelovence was confirmed during an appearance by TopHat on a PodCast, so I don't think that is actually speculation anymore.

The question is, do you believe that the Malevolence will beat the Negotiator and is the better ship and did you save your GET 2. Personally, I saved mine, burned through a lot of crystals in the galatic chance to get hyena to 7* and have been 5x refreshing Vulture Droid and inceasing the relic levels on the geos in anticipation of the Malevolence. I am still winning with AA / **** in the arena, so why not save?

Any delay, in the end, actually helps my farming plans as it lets me advance my current farm (Vulture) without having to redirect resources for the next farm (Arc Trooper) all while staying in a crystal budget.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Hyena gets farmable in 3+ months, so there was a need to spend crystals for unlock. Vulture is another hard node farm, so it will take ages to 7* without spending crystals for shipments. Now it both starts to look pointless.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.

History shows that delays =|= bug free content.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    as always, i prefer delayed content over bugged content. Surely the button dissappear stuff isn't helping them reach the set release date either.

History shows that delays =|= bug free content.
    Having delays and 5 minor bugs is better than no delays and 20 game breaking bugs
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

Hyena gets farmable in 3+ months

This is false, at least per standard cadence the farming window opens end of December.

https://swgohevents.com/marquee
  • Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    But OP is right, there was something, but to be honest i'm no longer expecting CG to stick to their announcements, we have been proven several times they don't.

Did they ever make an official announcement though? They said they were planning on releasing the LS TB in November but the November calendar has only ever showed the Hoth version on the 18th. There's a reason why software and game developers avoid announcing specific release dates until they are confident they can hit those dates....otherwise, people will bring out the pitchforks and the "you lied about the date" rants. I always took the absence of the LS TB on the calendar as a pretty clear indication that even though they were targeting a November release date, they weren't sure the TB would be ready in time....that's why it was never on the calendar.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

This is false, at least per standard cadence the farming window opens end of December.

So it's two months and not three. Big difference.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    Bytestream wrote: »
    Honestly folks....GC was not able to fix the Malak Event Mess within a certain time period. So i personally don't expect that they are able to "start" or give us the "New TB" within the next 3-4 weeks

But CG was able to fix the Malak Event Mess within two certain time periods. So I expect they will be able to start the LS Geo TB within at least one or two given time periods from now.
    Hope that was vague enough. It will come when it's ready and that's ok.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

So it's two months and not three. Big effing difference.

A month of farming isn't a big deal to you? Ok..
  • Options
    Honestly folks....GC was not able to fix the Malak Event Mess within a certain time period. So i personally don't expect that they are able to "start" or give us the "New TB" within the next 3-4 weeks

But CG was able to fix the Malak Event Mess within two certain time periods. So I expect they will be able to start the LS Geo TB within at least one or two given time periods from now.

I don't actually care that much about LSTB. It's just another slog of a game mode that's going to be too difficult to really worry about for 6 months or so.

Aside from the continued lack of communication (after more than 3 years of promises that they would stop sucking at it), I've been counting on both ARC and Malevolence, which they have confirmed are the CHOLO/Starck/GBA and GET2 characters, respectively. I have planned out my resources with those two things in mind, and have spent accordingly. Just for them to go complete radio silence for two weeks, when they should have both been added yesterday, and the new game mode is supposed to go in 4 days.

At this point, if I hadn't spent the last 4 years of my life (not to mention more money than was probably wise) on this game, I would just uninstall and never have to worry about CG not giving a **** about me again.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

I don't actually care that much about LSTB. It's just another slog of a game mode that's going to be too difficult to really worry about for 6 months or so.

Aside from the continued lack of communication (after more than 3 years of promises that they would stop sucking at it), I've been counting on both ARC and Malevolence, which they have confirmed are the CHOLO/Starck/GBA and GET2 characters, respectively. I have planned out my resources with those two things in mind, and have spent accordingly. Just for them to go complete radio silence for two weeks, when they should have both been added yesterday, and the new game mode is supposed to go in 4 days.

At this point, if I hadn't spent the last 4 years of my life (not to mention more money than was probably wise) on this game, I would just uninstall and never have to worry about CG not giving a **** about me again.

When did they confirm ARC would be CHOLO/Starck/GBA?
  • Options

It was in that podcast. Malevolence is GET2, Ki-Adi Mundi is the SM character, and ARC is used to unlock him.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

It was in that podcast. Malevolence is GET2, Ki-Adi Mundi is the SM character, and ARC is used to unlock him.

Oh ok. But TopHat didn't say how we'd get ARC right?

(I'm assuming Cantina like GBA but curious if it was confirmed)
  • Options

Oh ok. But TopHat didn't say how we'd get ARC right?

(I'm assuming Cantina like GBA but curious if it was confirmed)

No, I didn't hear him say the actual location. Speculation is either Cantina (like CHOLO/GBA) or Guild Store (like Starck).
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Now they did say it was launching this month and they could still move the next TB to the 25th instead of next week.

But with that said, I think it's fair to say that if we don't get any info today, LS Geo will likely be delayed to next month at best.

I think it’s safe to assume it’s delayed

They usually give out information like what toons are fixed platoons, the max stars, the min GP requirements, the stars you will get per guild GP (estimated) etc by now