Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Did they focus on it or did he put it in front of them in an indisputable way that forced them to deal with it?

Kyno - you're better and smarter than that.

You know full well, just like I do, just like every watcher of SWGOH videos does, that Ahnald did not have that account banned because he was "cheating".

You know that. We're not stupid and you're not stupid.

I actually know for a fact that this happened because he brought the account to them and showed them exactly what he was doing and it was a violation of the ToS.

"Their hands were tied" at that point.

“Their hands were tied”?

Just like they were when they were negotiating with cheaters and hackers? Sorry. Those that had “bad battles”

Dude stop man. I respect you and understand that you need to do what you gotta do to keep things civil and under control to a degree but don’t do that. CG has been arbitrary with their punishments and have been exposed as negotiating with people cheating and manipulating crystal purchases. Multiple instances where their “hands weren’t tied”.

Bottom line is they used this as a way to stick it to Ahnald and the game changers. They could’ve talked to him about it, communicated, anything. But instead when he contacted them so he could keep giving them money on the account....let me repeat. GIVE THEM MONEY!, they tell him the account is banned and ghost him. No harm to the game at all.

Yet they’ll negotiate and have an open line of communication with people that hurt the integrity of the game and cheat honest players out of rewards and fair gameplay. One devalued the investment of its players, the other didn’t and actually contributed to the revenue of the game. Which one got the ban hammer and ghosting?

Their hands aren’t tied in this dude. They were licking their chops when this started to go down. So much so that they didn’t think what the blowback and exposure of their own misdeeds would come about.

Again, if one happens before the stated policy change and one happens after, I can see why one would want to compare them, but is that a fair comparison?

Also how was he ghosted?

If that's the case this is super simple for CG.

They just need to state that:
    1. The cited example of negotiations with a cheater were prior to their toughening up on cheating and breaches of ToS, as per their post on date X.
    2. Since date X they have not entered into negotiations with cheaters and that all instances of confirmed cheating that have been brought to their attention have resulted in a unilateral, permanent ban.
    3. They will continue to permanently ban all instances of account sharing or cheating that are brought to their attention henceforth.

Instead we have silence. Because of course we do.

• Options
    "Their hands were tied" is going to go down in history along with Carrie's "tip of the spear" comment.

What else do you think they should do when there is a clear case of account transfer in front of them?

Oh, I don't know, communicate with him the same way they did with a blatant cheater?

The end result could have been the same, but handled on a "case by case basis" like the said they would.

I'm less incensed by the banning of his account than I am the way a cheater was coddled and catered to. It undermines the integrity of the "anti-cheating" stance they seem to like to throw around.

I would say the lost my respect, but let's be honest... they lost that a long time ago

The cheater getting preferential treatment was despicable. It was also in the past. December to be exact. And they’ve already gotten heat for it. They corrected it with a permaban. Isn’t the resolution to that to stop giving people preferential treatment?

False equivalence.

Account sharing is not the same as hacking to gain a competitive advantage. I have no problem with account sharing being dealt with on a case by case basis.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    @Kyno he should be in the know, especially if this “deal” centers around him. “Tangential” is a nice way to say he doesn’t have to watch videos about a game that he is a dev for. Got it. (Sarcasm intended)

Anywho: notice the difference

vlasuulw3xnr.jpeg

In the know sure, but have seen the video.... not sure why that would be a necessity of his job.

Crumb, yes 100%. Tophat, sure he should to. After that it's more of a personal choice as to whether or not that have gone out of their way to actually watch it.

Gone out of their way? LOL,.
    You are quite ridiculous by speaking up for something so abusurd. You do realise the game is all but over right? Are you that tone deaf?
    Good luck with the internship.

Did it die again? I must have missed it....sorry it was my PO time.

Laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Did they focus on it or did he put it in front of them in an indisputable way that forced them to deal with it?

Kyno - you're better and smarter than that.

You know full well, just like I do, just like every watcher of SWGOH videos does, that Ahnald did not have that account banned because he was "cheating".

You know that. We're not stupid and you're not stupid.

I actually know for a fact that this happened because he brought the account to them and showed them exactly what he was doing and it was a violation of the ToS.

“Their hands were tied”?

Just like they were when they were negotiating with cheaters and hackers? Sorry. Those that had “bad battles”

Dude stop man. I respect you and understand that you need to do what you gotta do to keep things civil and under control to a degree but don’t do that. CG has been arbitrary with their punishments and have been exposed as negotiating with people cheating and manipulating crystal purchases. Multiple instances where their “hands weren’t tied”.

Bottom line is they used this as a way to stick it to Ahnald and the game changers. They could’ve talked to him about it, communicated, anything. But instead when he contacted them so he could keep giving them money on the account....let me repeat. GIVE THEM MONEY!, they tell him the account is banned and ghost him. No harm to the game at all.

Yet they’ll negotiate and have an open line of communication with people that hurt the integrity of the game and cheat honest players out of rewards and fair gameplay. One devalued the investment of its players, the other didn’t and actually contributed to the revenue of the game. Which one got the ban hammer and ghosting?

Their hands aren’t tied in this dude. They were licking their chops when this started to go down. So much so that they didn’t think what the blowback and exposure of their own misdeeds would come about.

Again, if one happens before the stated policy change and one happens after, I can see why one would want to compare them, but is that a fair comparison?

Also how was he ghosted?

I believe this was explained in the video. He reached out to members of CG and they did not respond to him.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    @Kyno he should be in the know, especially if this “deal” centers around him. “Tangential” is a nice way to say he doesn’t have to watch videos about a game that he is a dev for. Got it. (Sarcasm intended)

vlasuulw3xnr.jpeg

In the know sure, but have seen the video.... not sure why that would be a necessity of his job.

Crumb, yes 100%. Tophat, sure he should to. After that it's more of a personal choice as to whether or not that have gone out of their way to actually watch it.

You are quite ridiculous by speaking up for something so abusurd. You do realise the game is all but over right? Are you that tone deaf?

That's funny right there
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Not even a useless update today.
  • Options
    @Kyno - with the best will in the world, they explicitly said they had adopted:

"A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters (the default action will be a perma-ban for any account found with cheated / hacked data)"

The instance highlighted in Bulldog's, and more recently Ahnald's video was clearly one where there was cheating/hacked data. But rather than adopt a zero tolerance policy they offered him a one week ban. And offered the cheater the courtesy of deciding when to kick that ban off.

I think any reasonable person would have read their posts on cheating in GAC and concluded that anyone identified as cheating would be banned permanently and without exception. If that was not the case and they are instead handling cheating on a "case by case basis" then I don't think it is unreasonable to say that we deserve some form of clarification.

Why did they say there would be zero tolerance when there is, self-evidently, tolerance?
    What factors do they consider when deciding what punishment to hand out?
    On what types of cheating is there *actually* the zero tolerance that was spoken of whereby 100% of offenders will be banned permanently irrespective of money spent or (lol) standing in the community.

These should be easy questions for them to answer unless either:
    a. They don't have clear policies in place for cheating. or
    b. They know that the answers would be wholly unpalatable to the majority of the community.

I know you're in a tough spot here because you're probably limited in what you can say and are working with imperfect information, but trotting out a "case by case basis" defence ain't gonna cut it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CirdanTS wrote: »

Really mate? You're really saying that? Honestly?

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.

Not on the right side?

He broke the rules and got punished for it..... that part of it is pretty straightforward.

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content.

They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.

I know "no one" wants the new GLs but for me personally they broke me out of the rut I was in with hoarding and do minimums and just coasting along. It's not the level of engagement that many want, but this game has always been very much a "background game" there is so much to do beyond just playing. (Not for everyone I know)
    The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

I dont think they could have avoided this once he put it there. There are/were too many implications about what was going on.

I dont think anyone is surprised this is the response, which is part of the reason this had to be handled this way, if they did it the other way it would have been much worse.

People assume a lack of good intentions for many reasons. He broke the rules and pushed it in their face, if you think they are the ones with bad intentions at that point, its probably some personal bias you are bringing into the situation. (Not you, just the royal "you")

If they didnt have a history of ignoring cheaters and hackers you might have a point. But they do, so you don't. Theres videos out there, han just released one, detailing how inconsistent they are. It doesnt take personal bias to think this was targeted.

Yes it does, because those 2 things are not related cheating/hacking is not account transfer.

Also, they do not have a history of ignoring them.

We've seen plenty of posts of cheaters not being taken care of, other high up guild leaders have said the same, and bulldog just blew your whole "well when was this" theory to shreds. They treat account sharing harder than actual cheating and hacking it seems. "Are we the baddies" yes, yes you are.

Seeing posts of people who are impatient, or do not know all the details (possibly even wrong) doesnt mean they are ignored.

There is alot of other information out there about the case that is being shoved around right now, and I dont see them sharing that....which is a surprise because it puts some interesting light on this case.....
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    CirdanTS wrote: »

Really mate? You're really saying that? Honestly?

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.

Not on the right side?

He broke the rules and got punished for it..... that part of it is pretty straightforward.

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content.

They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.

I know "no one" wants the new GLs but for me personally they broke me out of the rut I was in with hoarding and do minimums and just coasting along. It's not the level of engagement that many want, but this game has always been very much a "background game" there is so much to do beyond just playing. (Not for everyone I know)
    The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

I dont think they could have avoided this once he put it there. There are/were too many implications about what was going on.

I dont think anyone is surprised this is the response, which is part of the reason this had to be handled this way, if they did it the other way it would have been much worse.

People assume a lack of good intentions for many reasons. He broke the rules and pushed it in their face, if you think they are the ones with bad intentions at that point, its probably some personal bias you are bringing into the situation. (Not you, just the royal "you")

If they didnt have a history of ignoring cheaters and hackers you might have a point. But they do, so you don't. Theres videos out there, han just released one, detailing how inconsistent they are. It doesnt take personal bias to think this was targeted.

Yes it does, because those 2 things are not related cheating/hacking is not account transfer.

Also, they do not have a history of ignoring them.

We've seen plenty of posts of cheaters not being taken care of, other high up guild leaders have said the same, and bulldog just blew your whole "well when was this" theory to shreds. They treat account sharing harder than actual cheating and hacking it seems. "Are we the baddies" yes, yes you are.

Seeing posts of people who are impatient, or do not know all the details (possibly even wrong) doesnt mean they are ignored.

There is alot of other information out there about the case that is being shoved around right now, and I dont see them sharing that....which is a surprise because it puts some interesting light on this case.....

And what is that information? I would really like to know.
  • Options
    4ro516bk2y1c.jpeg
    I GUESS WE KNOW WHERE OUR MONEY GOES AND WHY EVERYTHING COSTS SO **** MUCH!!! (Look at the job title and guess where some of the problems are)
  • Janth
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In case you dont see it "kyno", similar to cg management, ahnald case is just a last draw for us about this game. We dont need light on this case we dont need more **** promises from CG, we need CONTENT, we need them to listen to us.
    And why the heck was my post merged with this post??
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    JMG680 wrote: »
    You give them more credit for a last-minute comment over hiding over the weekend than I do. I don’t think they’re going to address this at all.

They have not addressed the lack of content. They have not addressed the fixing of bugs. They have not addressed anything in so long.

didn't they say they were working on a new delivery system to bring us more content more quickly? didn't they just address and fix bugs? I mean, wut?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    JMG680 wrote: »
    You give them more credit for a last-minute comment over hiding over the weekend than I do. I don’t think they’re going to address this at all.

They have not addressed the lack of content. They have not addressed the fixing of bugs. They have not addressed anything in so long.

didn't they say they were working on a new delivery system to bring us more content more quickly? didn't they just address and fix bugs? I mean, wut?

They said they were working on new delivery system, yes. But then delayed it. So I guess technically they addressed it they just haven’t done anything to actually fix it.

They did address the fact that there’s no content and if they were working on it but they have an actually fixed it only mentioned it. The only bugs they fixed are ones that affect GL’s. Disappearing buttons still there undying loyalty never ending still there server issues still there
  • Options

vlasuulw3xnr.jpeg

That's funny right there

It's hilarious. Hold your belly everyone for the belly ache laughter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    bearrock wrote: »
    Actuall that's probably not the point of why they are not likely to confirm or deny anything.... it has more to do with the fact that they do not and cannot share details about communication like this.

There is some more information floating around discord that shows more details, I'm not sure if they are true or not, but it makes for an interesting view point on this whole topic.

CG will basically not get into a they said/they said argument because the only way to prove things would be to divulge more information that is classified as personal information/communications.

Kyno, stop throwing around words like classified and personal information when you are clearly using them inaccurately. Nothing is classified about CG's communication to a player from the perspective of the company. Even a player's communication to CG is not classified. CG/EA policy may be to not make those public, but those are internal policies, not an issue of law. It is not as if the players are asking CG to release the username of the cheater (which some games do btw) and contact information. But there is no issue of privacy or "classification" at play when it comes to CG releasing what they wrote to a player.

Even if they didn't want to get into the specific accuracy of the leaked email, there is nothing

Classified as in given the classification. Am I using that one right?

Personal information, the information they deem to be personal to the player.
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Is the email in the video real or false?

Are there caught cheaters who got less than a permanent ban? (as the allusion to working with players who provided information seems to suggest)

Were there players who bought crystals through "unapproved" methods given a month ban and then later given agency to determine which characters get rolled back?

Why are these questions so hard for LD or CG to answer?

Because saying yes it was real will only set the community off more.

At this point the conversation from cg should be where to go from here

CG will basically not get into a they said/they said argument because the only way to prove things would be to divulge more information that is classified as personal information/communications.

information that has been classified by them internally to be of a personal nature, and will not be shared by them to the community.

When did I say an issue of law? Of course I am speaking about internal policies that do not allow them to publicly display information that is deemed (almost used classified again) to be "private".

It absolutely is an issue, they will not violate that policy "just to prove a point".
    Actuall that's probably not the point of why they are not likely to confirm or deny anything.... it has more to do with the fact that they do not and cannot share details about communication like this.

There is some more information floating around discord that shows more details, I'm not sure if they are true or not, but it makes for an interesting view point on this whole topic.

Even if they didn't want to get into the specific accuracy of the leaked email, there is nothing preventing them from addressing how different violations of ToS has been dealt with in the past and how they will be dealt with going forward. So, it's perma ban for cheating unless the cheater provides information? Is that the standard? What about illicit crystal purchases? Month ban? Depends on how much money you spent? Is the agency regarding details of a ban a courtesy given to all players or just those who meet a certain spending threshold?

Nothing justifies the radio silence over these issues. At minimum, they needed to say we are reviewing the various concerns and will be releasing a statement after internal discussion. But they couldn't even do that.

I am not arguing against this point, but if all the information about thia particular case cannot be shared due to an internal policy and if it were there were extenuating circumstances that others will not speak to, it's just an "they said/they said" thing, or giving a justification to sentiments like what you are saying, which from what I have seen had nothing to do with the larger conversation that the statement comes from.

But as always I dont know the accuracy of all the details floating around.....
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @obikenobi1
    Thanks for the response.

-For sure, the 24/7 account sharing is definitely against TOS . That/ those points you stated make sense. There’s also account sharing that happens via bots or mod services. There are several that actually need to log in to do what they do. If CG is going to wave TOS against one player, wave it in front of all.

-True, Ahnald does make money on his videos. He was given the kraken account because the original owner quit. He accepted that account because CG removed the test accounts... Ahnald simply did the American thing by coming up with a business solution. Btw, some Bot and Mod services also make money. Ban one ban them all. (No offense to any and all parties). Plus, other you tubers have used kraken accounts in GAC live-streams too. So, Ahnald didn’t have an “advantage.” He simply made a solution for CG taking away test accounts. (The test accounts were basically the last vestige of the Game Changers program they had left to take.) because CG WON’T or CAN’T communicate WHY they were removed we can only speculate that CG **** on the Content Creators. Lastly, Ahnald was also reinvesting into the Kraken account. He used his money to purchase the marquee toons. So yes, he makes money on the videos, but he spends money on those videos so that we the players can see what we possibly want to buy into. (I almost whaled on Mando because of his videos. I also had my COVID stimulus check... but I thought better of it. Because CG blows...) I almost bought 3 vaults BECAUSE of Ahnald’s videos on the Mando Characters.

-as far as banning ALL TOS violators, by now, that would destroy the game. The TOS violation is rooted too deep. A former dev CG_Carrie even gave approval to these TOS breaking services... in a Past Q & A the devs discouraged the use of those services but here we are.

Life isn’t Fair and since CG are ****, I doubt they’ll give his account back. But a dev team shouldn’t selectively enforce the ban hammer and ffs not against the biggest content creators’ voice that WHALES on the game so that the community has something to enjoy. Because CG is so detached, they still haven’t said anything, because they did this to themselves. They shot themselves in the foot. They have a simple, not easy, way to set this right or they can go the hard way.

I hope my points make sense. I tried to go a paragraph at a time.
  • Options
    Dude there really should only be but so much boot licking and butt covering one should be able to stomach. Hiding behind policy in this situation is weak and hopefully you know that. But then again if you do I guess it makes you look worse for continuing to run interference for them. We know 100% the situation from our (the players) side. The only ones who havent spoken up with their side of the story is the devs. They have to address this. You should know this. This isnt something you ignore because of policy. This makes all the other fiascos look insignificant.
  • Options
    A theory I have is that CG is trying to ruin this game to make room for the "something new" they have been working on.

Additionally, producing a new game takes a lot of time and resources.

Otherwise, they are just plain dumb, deaf, and blind.
  • Options

Kyno, stop throwing around words like classified and personal information when you are clearly using them inaccurately. Nothing is classified about CG's communication to a player from the perspective of the company. Even a player's communication to CG is not classified. CG/EA policy may be to not make those public, but those are internal policies, not an issue of law. It is not as if the players are asking CG to release the username of the cheater (which some games do btw) and contact information. But there is no issue of privacy or "classification" at play when it comes to CG releasing what they wrote to a player.

Even if they didn't want to get into the specific accuracy of the leaked email, there is nothing

Classified as in given the classification. Am I using that one right?

Personal information, the information they deem to be personal to the player.
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Is the email in the video real or false?

Are there caught cheaters who got less than a permanent ban? (as the allusion to working with players who provided information seems to suggest)

Were there players who bought crystals through "unapproved" methods given a month ban and then later given agency to determine which characters get rolled back?

Why are these questions so hard for LD or CG to answer?

Because saying yes it was real will only set the community off more.

At this point the conversation from cg should be where to go from here

information that has been classified by them internally to be of a personal nature, and will not be shared by them to the community.

When did I say an issue of law? Of course I am speaking about internal policies that do not allow them to publicly display information that is deemed (almost used classified again) to be "private".

It absolutely is an issue, they will not violate that policy "just to prove a point".

Even if they didn't want to get into the specific accuracy of the leaked email, there is nothing preventing them from addressing how different violations of ToS has been dealt with in the past and how they will be dealt with going forward. So, it's perma ban for cheating unless the cheater provides information? Is that the standard? What about illicit crystal purchases? Month ban? Depends on how much money you spent? Is the agency regarding details of a ban a courtesy given to all players or just those who meet a certain spending threshold?

Nothing justifies the radio silence over these issues. At minimum, they needed to say we are reviewing the various concerns and will be releasing a statement after internal discussion. But they couldn't even do that.

I am not arguing against this point, but if all the information about thia particular case cannot be shared due to an internal policy and if it were there were extenuating circumstances that others will not speak to, it's just an "they said/they said" thing, or giving a justification to sentiments like what you are saying, which from what I have seen had nothing to do with the larger conversation that the statement comes from.

But as always I dont know the accuracy of all the details floating around.....

1. If the decision to not share the email is due to internal policy (which I assume is your speculation or possibility conjecture rather than CG's official position), then that's a choice they are making, not some inevitable mechanism beyond their control.

2. Denying the accuracy of the leaked email involves no divulging of any private communication/information. If it didn't happen, it didn't happen.

3. None of that has anything to do with CG's failure to address the broader issues raised by the community.
  • Options
    Guys! The rating for SWGoH on the App Store fell from 4.7 to 4.6 just today! Our negative feedback is having an impact. Let’s continue to take action until CG is willing to have actual communication with their players.
  • TooOldForThis
    59 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Stop giving kyno a hard time. He has the most thankless job I can imagine. I’m sure he holds opinions similar to us on a number of issues but his job is what it is.

I’m lookin forward to a future character: “kyno fallen” where he takes a complete heel turn and starts airing his grievances with CG up to and including them leaving him to defend them while they are too cowardly to do it for themselves.
  • Options
    lehbatpkii wrote: »
    Guys! The rating for SWGoH on the App Store fell from 4.7 to 4.6 just today! Our negative feedback is having an impact. Let’s continue to take action until CG is willing to have actual communication with their players.

It's 4.2 on the android store hahaha, let's bring them to the bottom!
  • Options
    We stand with Ahnald! The longer EA goes without communicating anything, the harder the game will fall in ratings.

EA you are shooting yourself in the foot.
  • Options
    It's a Disaster Party
    Running through hell
    Might as well
    Throw away all your money
    They say it's our fate
    And we're too late
    I know I know
    That we're all pretending
    This night is never ending
    And if you need somebody
    It's a Disaster Party
  • Options
    Can’t believe I got frustrated enough to post here. Really the thing that matters is whether this ban was retaliation for Ahnald’s videos. It sure looks like it was from ahnalds version of things. But we only have one side of the story because CG has official statement.

I respect Kyno for coming here and trying to give answers but the silence from CG is ridiculous now that this post has 100k views. I’m more than willing to listen to both sides but when only one side is talking, it’s pretty much an admission the ban was retaliation. If not we would’ve heard something by now.

I don’t care about test accounts, I don’t even care if they hate all the you tubers, And don’t want to support them or help them, but I care about bullies.

I one star rated to show displeasure. Really liked the game and would like to keep playing, but Ill stop if CG doesn’t explain
  • Options
    I felt so disappointed for CG that they should banned Ahnald's account. Don't you see how much promotion he had done for you? Don't you know how big number of players he had brought to you?

Besides, I am also one of his fans in China and I also did SWGOH video on Chinese website. The 1st time I felt like this, is that EA gave up China market and banned all Chinese accounts from purchasing. Now CG just wanna kill SWGOH for no reason.

Kenobi: Disney is EVIL!
    Skywalker: From my point of view, CG is EVIL
  • Options
    Congrats CG, you’ve shot yourself in the foot. As a moderate to heavy spender, you will not see another cent from me until I see some serious changes. Not only am I done spending, but a good portion of my competitive guild is as well.
  • Options
    Ahnald was the reason I put up with all your crap CG.