(Yoda is back)

Replies

• Options
    They are releasing a new event so, Yoda will not return for two months. They can't run events together because of the requirements. Players won't farm characters for multi events.
  • Options
    Yeah it makes me sad though since the only Jedi I don't have at 7* is Bariss who would have been at 7 a month from now.

Now I'm sitting with a useless Eeth Koth and an understarred Bariss.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    He's definitely useful at 6* from what I'm experiencing. Just takes the right team composition to really benefit from his power.
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    They are releasing a new event so, Yoda will not return for two months. They can't run events together because of the requirements. Players won't farm characters for multi events.

Choices are not a bad thing and it would provide more content for the well established players that currently have the least.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    BTW if anyone wonders why I hoard.. this is the reason, we never know when stuff like this will happen. I decided to save the 8000 Cantina tokens to 7* Jinn until I was sure they'd be needed. Now that could be in months. (Yes, 7*-ing Jinn would be good anyway, but who knows what new goodies they will put in there...)

Would to have gotten the 7* Yoda by spending on Jinn or Ahsoka? I have a feeling that hoarding with this game could be a bad idea. With our luck, they will remove heroes from shipments when they add in others....then buff them. I'm getting everything I can WHILE I can...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Imo there is no reason not to run it monthly. That leaves room for 3 more monthly events before there is a reason to pick and choose.

Yeah and since the other two "events" are sooooo awesome (weak droids and low cash), they really need to have something....interesting in there.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ugh I'm sad now :( just got mace and koth almost to finished. I'll probably keep staring qgj as I use him as lead in arena. Like others if I had know I would've bought some crystals to at least get him 6*
  • Options
    My issue with this now is they are segregating the playerbase.
    Those who have Yoda can effectively counter;
    • Dooku
    • Old Ben
    • Lumi
    • Daka
    • QGJ
    All of these characters are very frequently seen in high level PVP aside from Ben, but now that his hard counter is inaccessible to the majority of the playerbase, he will be seen.

While the rest of us who had 4/5 Jedi at 7* basically just got shafted and would have been better off spending it on other characters.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse can Jesse comment?
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11671/game-update-2-10-2016/p1
    •Most Events are expected to be available for a limited time. An exception are the Training Droid and Credits Events which were previously available in the Key Card system. Those two events will also be available in the new Events system, and are expected to always be available.
    •A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts.
    First Event – Featuring a New Character!
    •One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available, Grand Master Yoda! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for Grand Master Yoda in customized training Battles.
    •This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.
    •This will be the only place to gain Shards for Grand Master Yoda. He is not expected to be for sale or acquirable elsewhere in the game.

Good, good. Now, I can get back to farming Ewoks.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse can Jesse comment?

As per usual you guys fail to communicate effectively. What good are these supposed weekly updates if you omit things like this?

Ugh.
  • Options
    From what I understand is "unavailable for weeks" not months..
    We can just hope..
  • Options
    The release notes in the apple store say one week each month - I am sure they will keep it like that!
  • Options
    The release notes in the apple store say one week each month - I am sure they will keep it like that!

Really?

@CG_RyDiggs please confirm and I will love you forever.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera can anyone comment?
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    You're probably right, and this lack of communication is pretty incredible. If they had made it very clear he wouldn't be back for 3 months, I would have spent the ~$60 to 7 my last 2 Jedi in time.

The problem is that instead of legitimate ways to milk the playerbase like this, they use pretty sick tactics like overcharging by 10-30% on foreign exchange rates instead. Not impressed.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe for Apple only then? They're getting their revenge on us for the droids!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »

This would rustle my jimmies so hard
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »

Yoda <> Droids. Nice try though.

Then Android calls "7* Vader" dibs!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    BTW if anyone wonders why I hoard.. this is the reason, we never know when stuff like this will happen. I decided to save the 8000 Cantina tokens to 7* Jinn until I was sure they'd be needed. Now that could be in months. (Yes, 7*-ing Jinn would be good anyway, but who knows what new goodies they will put in there...)

I am going to bank 6400 GW, 12000 Arena, and 18800 cantina tokens so if they add a must have hero in any one of them I will have enough tokens to get 4 pulls a day.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I have been planning my resources to unlock him on the 3rd event...

image_45.jpeg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Well this is sad. I'm 2 weeks away from 7* Jedi. Was expecting to max my yoda in a month but now it seems like it might take longer
  • Options
    I will cut myself if I'm stuck with a 5* Yoda :(
  • Options
    I will cut myself if I'm stuck with a 5* Yoda :(

I hear you, my Yoda is 5* also B)
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    lol you guys are so quick to overreact. seriously...any little thing and the forum jumps on it. be ye all that bored?
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    my suspicion is that this means a lvl cap increase is coming in the next month and they are retooling yoda so that he is still ridiculously hard at lvl 80 and therefor cant guarantee when he will be ready
  • Options
    Well, if he isn't coming back, than that definitely sucks for people trying to get him. I think it should a constantly recurring event so that everyone has a chance to 7* him, but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    Whoa, overreaction much? They told us. You can cry about lack of communication (and believe me they have had problems there) but they told us he would disappear and return periodically. Sure it was a while ago but that's hardly their fault if you forget.
  • Options
    I would rather go through the challenge of hitting yoda at level 70, than to hit the current yoda at level 80, without them changing the difficulty..
    That will miss the experience of trying to get 7* yoda at level 70, which at level 80, might be a breeze to get him at the current difficulty..
  • Options
    Whoa, overreaction much? They told us. You can cry about lack of communication (and believe me they have had problems there) but they told us he would disappear and return periodically. Sure it was a while ago but that's hardly their fault if you forget.

+1
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.