Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Least if there where Chewy shards we could all laugh and have a good time with this... otherwise I don’t know what you were thinking...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

The rewards do not refreah day to day, but they do refresh for each run of the event.

And they stated they are testing the length of the event.

So did the Beta testers provide any feedback? CG couldnt figure out that giving a MK1 Stun gun on the last tier that you can only get once in 6 days was a bad idea? Either the beta testers need to be relieved of duties or CG needs to actually listen to their feedback. How did that get past QA? Seriously!

You would need to message CG_SBCrumb and discuss this with him directly, anyone in the Beta program cannot speak to what happens in the Beta program.
  • Options
    This is just an iteration right? I think it is supposed to improve.

I would rather stare at the bathroom stall door than play this pile.

Just disappointing.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

The rewards do not refreah day to day, but they do refresh for each run of the event.

Then its hot garbage.

I dont need 7 days to do this. If i did it would be for say gearing a faction up....

But the rewards are not worth gearing up characters to get.

Lets take me for example... my rebels suck as in they arent reliced. So when the rebel one comes i wont be getting the rewards for relic 3 or relic 5.

The rewards from doing the gear 12 rewards is not gonna get me to relic 3 or relic 5. Giving me 7 days isnt going to make me whale. (Commenting on 0 tolerance cheating negotiation will make that happen).

So again hot garbage. They know we need stun guns and stun cuffs badly... so we get none of those and a small amount of kyro.

Shame. Drop way more and better rewards
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    20 minutes for....something, I guess? Meh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I was very negative about the event at 1st, but here's the thing: I wanted something I would not feel compelled to do, but would do if I were done with all else. This is that. If I don't do this, it's neither here or there.

I would have rathered something else, but I'll take it with a thank you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No. This is hot garbage.

Then its hot garbage.

I dont need 7 days to do this. If i did it would be for say gearing a faction up....

Lets take me for example... my rebels suck as in they arent reliced. So when the rebel one comes i wont be getting the rewards for relic 3 or relic 5.

The rewards from doing the gear 12 rewards is not gonna get me to relic 3 or relic 5. Giving me 7 days isnt going to make me whale. (Commenting on 0 tolerance cheating negotiation will make that happen).

So again hot garbage. They know we need stun guns and stun cuffs badly... so we get none of those and a small amount of kyro.

Correct we dont need 7 days, which is why this is an exhibition.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @ShaggyB hola amigo! all good?
    5th was malak (behind the rewards)

k3s7zy3ew0d5.jpg

This worked for me
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Honestly wouldn't mind the rewards as much if it reset everyday (especially that tier with sith trooper shards). The ideas for a good mode are their tbh, just poorly executed overall. The event is very quickly and easily finished (not too much of a challenge), feats gated behind gear and relics rather than skill was pretty dumb (basically P2W), and rewards that give out gear pieces that most ppl have hundreds if not thousands of just adds insult to injury. Really hope CG takes the feedback.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

No. This is hot garbage.

Then its hot garbage.

Correct we dont need 7 days, which is why this is an exhibition.

We dont need it for that either. 2 days kyno. 2 days is all you need to figure this out and give a valid opinion on it.

Rewards suck, dont lock the "best" rewards behind gear/relic level, 15 minute timer is not needed (just dont put a timer), challenge is a bit unbalanced in that sniper droid shouldnt be one shot sniping a r7 with requirments being r5, and this is not something id want to play multiple times a day for fun.

Give me sandbox mode with these rewards and id be fine.... in fact id praise that
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Options
    Why are people so surprised by the rewards from anything in this game. Do you not know by now CG wants you to buy it with money. You honestly think they are going to give it out by the handfuls. Wake up and smell the money, I mean coffee. If the constant packs, the ever growing whale weekly shipment hasnt shown you that then I dont know what will. Nothing will change. This is the way, accept it. Moaning and groaning is a waste of time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No. This is hot garbage.

So did the Beta testers provide any feedback? CG couldnt figure out that giving a MK1 Stun gun on the last tier that you can only get once in 6 days was a bad idea? Either the beta testers need to be relieved of duties or CG needs to actually listen to their feedback. How did that get past QA? Seriously!

You would need to message CG_SBCrumb and discuss this with him directly, anyone in the Beta program cannot speak to what happens in the Beta program.

Rule #1 of Beta program is don't talk about Beta program?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Rewards- the rewards need improving. I think both need more. Completing feats and the non completing feats. Give G1-6 gear in the first 3 tiers. Give carbs, stun guns, cuffs g7-10 gear in the next 2 tier. Give g11-12 gear in tier 6 and give some g13 gear pieces and some relic mats in tier 7. The kyro are nice though, that was good thought for those

Difficult- can be confusing at first such as the one needing g12 but all the separatists are in relic. Maybe tone that back to match the description or change the requirements for the feats

Length- not sure what their schedule for this is but if the rewards resets everyday, this has some good potential to be a long standing event
  • Options
    Upon more reflection, I think the feats need changed up. Put the best gear with the undermanned squad, you could even tie it to the faction. So to get the kyros in the last tier it should require winning with 4 or less sith. It makes alot more sense then trying it to simply having 5 of that faction at r5.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Not fighting bbcode anymore
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    https://youtu.be/kPcDzjSqzmc
    Hahaha meaningful rewards. Good one CG.
  • Options
    Doing the math. If you have the Sith faction at Relic 5 you will get between tier 6 and tier 7 the following rewards
    16 kyros
    12 finishers
    175 crystals

Using the Weekly shipments values to convert all to Crystals, thats a value of 1,043 crystals.
    If you have 5 siths at G12 (no G12 on them) it will cost you (again using the Weekly Shipments) 25,500 per toon to get the 6 pieces to upgrade it to G13, so 127,500 crystals for 5 toons.

Just that, with out relics, you will see a return on that investment after you complete that same event 123 times.

If you buy the relic materials need it to upgrade them to Relic 5, oh well, is way more than 123 times.

How often will return the same Sith event? Even if its once per month, that would be more than 10 years.....

So from a whale, no, it does not worth upgrading 5 toons of a faction to play this event, the rewards do not match the requirements.
  • Options
    I just find it soo funny that this NEW exciting event. Gives pretty much waaay less rewards than Good Old "Smuggler's Run" which needs way less gear on characters. Unless you are whale and have at least 5 of required faction at relic 3-5. Not surprised, just :disappointed:
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are right...this was totally worth a year of nothing now we can do this forever! And on different planets! Thanks so much for stimulating my unused roster! Postponed time and time again just pushing us to the breaking point. Then when everyone was just about sick of it all and all the youtubers were about to quit, you guys slammed it out of the park with GALACTIC CHALLENGES! See you on the holo tables.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I finally figured it out what this was reminding me:

This style of rewards is on pair with GLs requirements. We can clearly see that this game goes from skill and luck Walls to pure paywall gear lvl restriction Walls.

Way to go :D
  • Options
    Hey everyone at CG,
    I want to say I enjoy the Galactic Challenges and look forward to them as a new way to explore my roster compositions.
    I do wish to bring up a concern with one of the feats on the initial challenge.
    The On Target feat issues rewards based on meeting gear level requirements with the highlighted faction. Should a player not receive rewards for defeating the challenge with less gear than the feat suggests? That is the nature of a challenge, not having overpowered characters. I feel it is in direct conflict with the event being an actual challenge to mandate specific gear levels to receive the highest end feat rewards. It disheartens my gameplay to not receive rewards only because I completed the event at a lesser gear level.
    Thanks for your time guys!
  • Options
    I agree, i beat the challenge, but with the feats.. i cant get them as they are blocked by requirement gear level.. i beat it with 3/5 relics and 2 x g12... but no, its just another way to get a payment fix for CG from players so they feel like they need to get those characters to that gear level just to clear a feat..if they choose.. but for the reward on completing it.. its worthless... why??
  • Options
    I played this event on both my main and my lvl 73 alt account.

Neither gave me any meaningful rewards.

On my main, I beat all 7 tiers but only had 4 reliced with and you pretty much need traya to cleanse and mine is only g12. Now obviously, I could probably relic my traya in a week. (I have about 15k in crystals saved and I think I just need the finisher.) But for a few kyro salvage, it is hardly worth it. Maybe if this were a recurring challenge and it ran twice a week and let you get rewards 5 times like the other gear challenges, but not for one time rewards.

On my alt, I beat the first two tiers with my g8 empire team and a low level ackbar for cleansing. Once again the rewards are lacking. It takes g8 to beat it but you get crappy low level gear and a single grey mod.

I don't need the really low level gear since you get enough of it when you farm shards or if need be farm with a little energy.

At that low of level, you still need most challenge gear but I also know that is temporary so I'd rather have gear I'll need later. But even challenge gear would be an improvement.

The grey mod is useless for my alt account. I farm mods since I can't unlock the slicing materials until level 80 or so. But I get several grey mods a day and don't have the credits to level them at this point anyway. So one more mod to sell for credits to level the blue and purple mods and hope for good rng. So that's worth like 5k in credits. Even Galactic war gives you 100 times that in credits a day.

So for early tiers they need to add more credits and challenge or raid gear to help the crunch.

At mid and later tiers they need to have kyros and stun guns in a significant quantity. From tier 4 or 5, 5 of each and 10 of each plus a few finishers for tiers 6 and 7. And all the mods given away should be gold. Grey mods are trash.

And this is the desired rewards for beating the tier. The feat rewards would be fine of they were in addition to the stun guns and kyros.
  • Options
    Booring and poor rewards
  • Options
    Beating the battle with Sith should be all you need for the feat rewards. Don’t even pretend like it’s ok to make us have relic 5 Sith while we do it. If I can beat it with 2 relic Sith and 3 at g12, WHY should you force me to level up my toons? There is zero reason to have a relic req for the only useful rewards. Overall they are crap btw, in case that hasn’t been said enough.
  • DarthAsajj
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Here is my feedback, trying to think about it rationally.

Like everyone I'm super disappointed in the rewards: the rewards for the special feats (other than the "On Target" one) on the last Tier are completely useless (equipments that we already have hundreds or thousands of), which doesn't give much incentive to complete those feats.

Now, I UNDERSTAND why those rewards can't be too high either: I can beat Tier 7 of Tatooine with my Galactic Legend Kylo, which means I can probably beat Tier 7 of ALL the maps with one single team. And if this event is repeated every 2 days, then I'll get those rewards every 2 days with only one team. So these can't be too high or it will be a bit too easy, I'd get tons of stuff with just one team.
    As a player I find it more interesting if the game entices me to level up other teams, and play the events on different maps with different teams, not just auto it with Kylo all the time. I suppose it is this kind of reasoning that made CG put the actually good rewards behind specific teams requirements?

Still, I think there should be some in-between. It takes a lot of time and effort to get a team that can beat Tier 7 of Galactic Challenges. I really feel like players should get at least SOME meaningful reward for it. Like equipment that we don't already have in the hundreds/thousands. The golden pieces we get for finishing it the first time are ok-ish, but the rewards for the 2 feats besides On Target are just nothing.
    People should get a little something for completing those feats without five R5 Empire toons.

Right now I'm pretty frustrated knowing that I can probably beat all the Tier VII on every map, and still i'll get 0 crystals, zero kyrotechs and 0 golden equipment because the only team where I have more than 3 toons with Relics is the First Order, and there is no map that asks for First Order toons :(
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

No. This is hot garbage.

Is the Beta program Fight Club? Oh, you probably can't tell me that. Forget I asked.