Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Lol, not even the rich are getting richer with these rewards. This whole event is a pointless gear check.
  • Options
    First of all, hiding best rewards under the character requirements is very low. You have no 5 reliced sith? Too bad, you won’t get the best rewards. Is it collection check?
    Second, grey rewards for feats... For FEATs? It is no reward at all...

So far it is so bad mode... tidious, unrewarding and completely time consuming and irritating. You really should not have wasted 8 months for it...
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you did deliver on new content. And yes, I do agree that you have said this a test run. That is all the positive things I have to say about this.

I know your goal as a company is make a ton of money and I agree that it should be. However, what is my incentive to level characters for this event? The rewards are TRASH! I have no rush to level anything for these rewards, therefore I have no need to spend any money to try and achieve the rewards. Think of it from money making standpoint. Good rewards equals perceived need, perceived need equals perceived need to spend, perceived need to spend equals more money for CG!

Long story short, fix your lame rewards.
  • Options
    6bkncq6b0h6e.png
    1f4tj68m66sb.png

I completed the last tier with low gear characters and as a result didnt get the main feat. The event is called "Galactic Challange" and i believe i accomplished that challange with a very inferior team than i see in youtube videos. Yet not getting the reward for it feels wrong.
  • Options
    In the release post it seems that the duration of the event will be shorter in the future and it will run 2-3 times per week. So the amount of rewards would be ok because you get them more often.

But the distribution of stuff between tier rewards and feat rewards isn’t really an incentive to put much effort into the game mode. I beat all tiers but there is no way I get the good feat rewards any time soon.

And it’s just another game mode that „encourages“ us to move around mods. So we end up again spending less time on playing than on mod-shuffle.
  • Options
    My feedback:

- Event too long - 48 hours is sufficient

- Enhance baseline rewards - introduce zetas and relic materials for the higher tiers and scale (for zetas) in integer amounts

- Make the feats modular - and in doing so have a reward multiplier. For example, if all are sith you get the rewards as is. If all sith and all alive, a multiplier of 1.5 for having all sith all alive and an undersized squad a multiplier of 2. This will address criticisms with rewards along with my point above as well as encouraging investment in specific factions
    By offering a way to get better rewards if you have invested in specific factions, at present there is no incentive to push the relics
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    Options
    2323qwrsj5of.png
    Made last tier with 3 characters. But they arent r5... so i dont get anything!! 🤬🤬🤬
  • Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for the new content. It is interresting but... It look like unfinished.
    For the moment, it's just a baby battle assault with "weather effect". But it's a nice start. I feel you need to work on the mecanic, it's a long event but it's quick to finish it. I was excepting some "quest" or "challenge" only beatable with time and skills. Like : you have one day to beat GG, tomorrow you going to have one day to beat Dooku (with new effect and difficulties)...
    But... That's not that for the moment.

And, I agree with my fellow player, the reward are not shiny enought 😉
  • Options
    If this is supposed to be new daily content why are they even testing how long the event should last? A day. Its also horribly boring (same fight over and over) lacklustre rewards that are poorly structured. If you get those rewards daily then that would be nicer, however it still seems to be missing the items that are considered crunch items. Overall rather unimpressed. Hopefully we get another new game mode in the next month or so with their new authoring tool.
  • Options
    Seriously I would rather have a sandbox mode without rewards than this.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I dont understand. I beat the tier....after 10 tries. How are you supposed to get the rewards at the bottom?
    nwyachr6h1ry.png
    Ah i see it now i did it with a R2 bsf
  • Hortus
    637 posts Member
    Options
    Huh... the reward structure is extremely strange. Later tiers rewards for Calculated Risk and Flawless victory don't worth even looking at it, not to say pursuing it. And the only worth pursuing (Sith quintet atm) is basically cannot be actually pursued because requires exact gear level as I understand.

Imho Calculated Risk and Flawless victory should be upgraded for something at least remotely useful, while Sith Quintet should be changed at "Gear level XXX or lower". This way players with upgraded roster could get the first two while people with weaker roster could be rewarded for performing better than expected with undergeared squads.

Right now it's somewhat fun but "do one time and forget" event.
  • Options
    This is poor, even for CG. I'm bored of it after 5 mins. Needs a sim button for the shard shop currency
  • Asp
    8 posts Member
    Options
    The rewards are absolutely inadequate to the gear requirement. Or should I say the rewards are a joke? Seriously, the guys who decided on them seem to live in some parallel universe.

The event is also waaaaay too long. Should be 2 days maximum.
  • Options
    Seriously? Daily Challenge gear which everyone has thousands of, as a "reward" for a new event ??
    Particularly disappointed.
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    My feedback so far.

Event Length: WAY too long. These only need to be 1 day. Like Omega/assault battles. Unless you guys manage to massively overhaul the way the event works, there's absolutely no reason I need more than 30-45 minutes to do all 7 tiers if I have a team capable, and no amount of puzzle solving is going to let me clear higher tiers if I don't have the characters the event is designed for, or characters like GLs/etc.

Event difficulty: T5-7 is WAY too overtuned. A full R7 team from a different faction shouldn't get obliterated by T5. R7 characters shouldn't be getting 1-shot by what's presumably supposed to be a low-relic GG with literally no significant buffs on his first turn.

Event rewards: Non-feat rewards should really give you SOMETHING. I have no desire to keep grinding to clear T5, despite knowing I probably can with my roster, simply because for the time invested I get... 1 mod and a single day's worth of mod upgrade mats.

The T6 and 7 rewards including feats are definitely good, definitely where they should be, EXCEPT for the fact I have to use specifically high-relic sith to get them, and if I don't, I get a whole 1 mod that "might" be good, and a bunch of salvage I have literally over a thousand of. AT LEAST give us the crystals for clearing something tuned this high.

Overall impressions
    Rewards need to be improved for not clearing it with the right team.
    Team feat shouldn't have a gear requirement. If I can clear this with a R7 vader and 4 G1 sith, I should get the rewards.
    Duration needs to be massively decreased unless doing so causes us to get gaps between challenges. I was done within 30 minutes. This isn't something we need a week to do.
    Enemy damage output potentially needs to be revisited. If a tier has G12 as the requirement for the feat, but 100% 1-shots any G12 character I bring into it, something there seems wrong.

This definitely has potential, but very, very few people are going to actually benefit from this in any notable way. Even the teams I HAVE geared out aren't going to qualify for the feats, because I don't have things like full bounty hunter teams at relic 5. Most people relic 7 the super important chars for a team, and then leave the others between G12 and Relic 4. My Jedi team has a relic 7, a relic 4, and 3 G12 chars because those G12 chars don't really do much comparatively. Odds are they'll probably be able to clear most jedi challenges in the future, but that gear level requirement is ridiculous. And no, the current rewards hardly seem reason enough to whale on completely random factions to me. Particularly without a solid schedule loop. "maybe" if we were guaranteed to use each faction 1-2 times/month, but even then... And the initial run doesn't even include either faction that's required for a GL, so people that actually have factions that are fully reliced out enough can't even use them.

Hopefully the final product here turns out good and worthwhile, but this initial impression is... way too much time for something that doesn't take nearly that long with way too little reward for the difficulty, with most worthwhile rewards being locked behind a literally arbitrary gear level requirement that the event isn't even tuned around, and thus just serves to lock people out of anything worthwhile if they don't have a very specific faction geared to an insanely high level that most people usually don't even take their best teams to.

Basically, no need for me to put any more feedback, because Artumas summed it up perfectly. consider it my feedback as well.
  • Options
    Okay, I almost didn't recreate this because it was long and the stupid comment got eaten. (Get a better comment program, CG!) But this Galactic Challenges thing is too frustrating not to say what needs to be said.

CG, you had a specific goal in mind: You wanted us to use the "depths" of our roster. This event does not do that. It specifically rewards ONLY one faction per event. Now, many people including @DarkAngel17 have written adequately about the failure to create rewards that justify the paywall, and I'm going to write a separate comment just about that, but for now, let's focus on the fact that Gal Chall doesn't even do what you set out to do.

Do we have to use more than 1 faction? Nope. All the worthwhile rewards - ALL of them - are one faction at a time. It's understood, of course, that the

Do we have to use more than 5 characters? Nope. We can use the same 5 toons throughout the event.

Do we have to use low-gear toons? Nope. Because the event is minimum-gear gated and not maximum-gear gated, combined with the fact that you can reuse the same toon over and over, there is no reason to ever use a lower-gear toon.

Do we have to solve puzzles? Eh. Not really. All the rewards are relic-gated, and if your toons are that powerful, you can easily defeat the event. If your toons aren't powerful enough and you have to use strategy, it's still only one strategy, one that you've been practicing for the previous however many tiers. It's not like things get different or weird later in the challenge. So... it's straightforward. Sure, if you reach the edge of your power limit, but you're not obviously outmatched, then you might put some time into puzzling out the best way to attack the thing.

But since the only worthwhile rewards are gated to full squads of r3+, the vast majority of your player base isn't going to have the right squad for any given GalChallenge, so even if a given player tries to puzzle things out at the edge of their roster/ability level, whatever tier that happens to be, there isn't a reward to hold interest. Maybe you try a couple times, but changing things up and trying many different factions or strategies isn't going to happen.

So what can we do? How do you make this one single fight hold more interest over time?

You start out by eliminating the 175 crystal reward from feats, then you eliminate the top 2 tiers of difficulty (r3 and r5 gates). Then you bump up the difficulty of the g12 tier, which is now the top tier, just a bit. Make it halfway between what it was and the r3 difficulty level that you've now eliminated.

What does this do? Ah, but ...

NOW give a reward of 50 crystals for defeating it the first time. Not with the favored faction. With any faction.
    NEXT give a reward of 40 crystals for defeating it with a different faction.
    THEN give a reward of 30 crystals up to 3 more times (max) for 2 more new single-faction squads and one mixed-faction squad.

50 + 40 + 3x30 = 180. The old crystal reward was almost identical, so we're not changing the rewards, what we're doing is parceling them out for completing the same event using at least 4 different strategies (theoretically someone could beat the event 4 times with single-faction squads then use their best squad and swap out only a single toon, making the strategy pretty similar).

For each time you get a crystal reward, I propose that you also get a reward of signal data: 4 easy, 3 medium, 2 hard. If you complete the event with 5 different squads, you'll get a total of 20 easy data, 15 medium, and 10 hard.

Now instead of doing 3 tiers once each with the same 5 toons, you've cut the top 2 tiers, but you now have to accomplish the same task using a variety of different teams and strategies.

The gear rewards would be divided up like this:
    Tier 1: Defeat the Challenge using any squad from any faction.
    Reward: 5 g12 purple gear salvage + 1 salvage per toon alive at the end of the battle.

Tier 2: Defeat the Challenge using any squad from any faction without losing a single toon.
    Reward: 6 more g12 purple gear. 6 g12 Gold gear salvage (left side, things like Multi-Tool or Bayonet salvage), 4 x g12+ Gold Gear salvage (non-premium, things like Mk12 hypo Syringe salvage).

Tier 3: Defeat the Challenge using the Favored Faction without losing a single toon (i.e. earn 3 stars).
    Reward: 6 more g12 purple gear, 9 g12+ Gold gear premium salvage (Mk12 Stun Guns & Fusion Furnaces & Holo Lenses, etc.), 6x Kyrotech (3 of each type)

Tier 4: Defeat the Challenge using and undersized squad of the Favored Faction.
    Reward: 6 more kyrotech (3 of each type) and 3 g12 finisher salvage for each slot left empty at the start of battle

Long boring details about why I set the rewards exactly as I did:
    The kyrotech rewards are in line with what you gave out for finishing all tiers with the favored faction, and also require the favored faction. However, instead of simply getting 16 kyrotech, most people will get 12 or 18. (Though it is theoretically possible to solo the event with a single toon of the favored faction for a total of 30, I don't think the difficulty would allow a single toon, even an r7 toon, to solo the event.)

The other rewards? Well, they're based on an approximate percentage of the total needed to take a single toon from g12+0 to g13 (relic 0).

Purple g12 gear requires 2x20 for each left side piece and 2x20 for each of two right side pieces. This adds up to 200 purple g12 salvage required. The rewards max out at 22, though some people might earn as little as 18 if the first time they beat the Challenge they only have 1 toon left standing. At the high end, this is 11% of the total salvage necessary for one toon's purple g12 gear. At the low end, it's 9%. The average here is 10%.

The gold g12 gear (non-premium) requires 1x 30 for each of 3 left side pieces + 2x 20 for each of two right side pieces. The total is 170. The rewards include 10 total, 6 left side and 4 right side. 10/170 = 5.88%

The gold g12+ premium gear requires 50 each for 3 right side pieces (the g12 finishers do require one of these pieces). 3x 50 = 150. You get 9 salvage, so this is 6% of your total requirements for a single character.

The finisher salvage provides 3-12, but realistically only 3-6 and requires the favored faction. Currently 10 are provided, I think, so this is actually less, but 10 would have been 20% of your total requirement and was out of line with what I was going for here in terms of percentages. Since you require 50, 3 = 6% and 6 = 12%, so if you can manage to complete the event with 2 slots empty (probably requiring 3 x r7 toons) you can still get a larger percentage than any of the other rewards.

These rewards are scaled to having a Galactic Challenge once per week. With the proposed reward structure and a frequency of 1x per week, someone with all factions capable of defeating the Challenge every single week would get enough gear to take between 3 and 6 toons to g13 from g12 with these rewards alone. This requires that you do well on the undersize challenge and that you score all the crystals to be able to supplement your 6% rewards with purchases to get them up near the 10% range and finish those pieces at the same time your kyros and g12 finish and purple gear are finished. (If Challenges occur more than or less than 1x per week, the rewards can be adjusted appropriately.)

In reality, no one can have all the factions developed enough to meet these challenges and gain undersized-squad rewards unless they truly don't need the rewards. We're not worried about them.
    For more end game players who aren't whales/krakens, the ones that have multiple relic toons and fairly broad rosters but aren't able to rush every new toon to relics (I'm imagining people between 4.5M gp and 6M gp) this is unlikely to allow you to relic more than 3 or maybe just barely 4 extra toons per year.

3 to 4 extra relic'd toons is not much when in just the last 6 months they've announced events that require a total of 32 (or was it 33) different toons at relic3 or greater - most of them r5 or greater.

This reward structure provides measurable, noticeable progress (an extra relic toon once every 3-4 months) without overbalancing the game.

But more important, the change in what a player is expected to do provides new incentives that actually brings such a hypothetical galactic Challenge much more in line with what CG has stated the goals are: using more of your roster, more creatively, and with different challenges.

Even with a single fight, if you have to beat it with 4 different factions and one mixed faction, you're going to have to beat it in different ways, and thus you gain 4 or 5 puzzles for the price of 1 Challenge.

This is simply efficient use of developer resources, requiring people to beat the same Challenge not just at a slightly higher difficulty, but still using the exact same toon and strategy, but using entirely new toons and strategies. That would hold interest longer, and would allow people who have beloved toons or factions to use them even when those aren't the Challenge-assigned Favored Faction.

Providing all the rewards to only a single faction is a bad idea that limits the interest of players and contradicts your stated goals. Let's not do that. Let's do something better.

• Options
    I don't know if is true,i guess we will have to find out but i understood that each day for the course of the event(7 in this case)each new day will refresh the rewards from feats and tier completion,is that right?Or is just 1 time thing and you have 7 days to get it done?
  • Options
    it is a waste of time to doing this. bad rewards and a 5 years old child is more creative than you CG guys, you worked on this about 6 month? nicely done ;) keep up this work ;)
  • Options
    The problem is the gear requirements. They should be recommendation, not requirement. If i can beat the last tier with a bunch of g12 characters than that should be challange complete and give me rewards.
    The more we gear our toons the stronger they get. So what CG is saying if you want rewards increase your raw power. If you have low power but execute your strategy well and beat the mission that does not count. You need to take in a stronger squad which would make the battle a little easier and get you your reward. That would be fine if the new event wasn't called galactic CHALLANGE.
  • Options
    Rewards are rubbish. Why would I struggle on tier 4 (my Sith aren’t that good yet) and get garbage low tier gear rewards that I can’t even use on my high level gear Sith?

Also I’ve seen that higher tiers requires R5. Cool, cool. But why the rewards are so small? 5 Kyro forks?! FIVE?

I hope you do take this onboard and tweak the rewards.
  • Options
    Do the reward refresh each day or it is a 7 day time to complete the event(i hope is not the second one)
  • Options
    I was pretty sure that the rewards were one time only, for the whole week, not once per day.

But we can find out soon!
  • Options
    Managed to get all Tiers / Feats completed in under an hour used Padme team for the Flawless on T5, T6, & T7. I wouldn’t mind if the event was a little bit harder so that I needed to work towards T7 at least remod (I didn’t change mods at all and my Padme mods are garbage), but these rewards are an absolute joke for the gear levels required. I have no desire to gear up any further if required for other locations if the rewards are lot drastically changed.
  • Options
    It’s a shame you need the relics in order to get the full reward... bhcwy7cv1wty.png
    thpmhqt6dabnf4.png
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat here is the feedback.
    Good design, awful rewards. Like really really bad. Crank them up

Yeah, decent premise, but especially for Tiers 5-7 the Flawless Feat and Underdog Feat rewards are unimaginably poor, and gating the only decent rewards behind having not only 5 but the right workable 5 of a particular faction all at R5 or higher is a kick in the teeth - at the very least there should be another feat for completing it with "any 5 R5+" which gives some of the decent rewards - but if this GC event is just going to be a club to hit players into relicing every faction to R5 with then it's going to become unpopular pretty quickly.

I'm really not sure what it is that CG isn't getting about the fact that literally EVERY time you release an event of some sort that *requires* minimum relic levels people say they don't want that or hate it as this game is in large part about "managing your resources", not about splurging them on every single char/faction just so you can even be eligible for events/rewards!

Also, seems as if a 2-3 day run would work better for it if there's no replay rewards after the first time.