SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I had Rey and kylo when Luke and SEE were announced. I actually went for SEE first because I knew that everyone would go for Luke first just simply out of nostalgia alone. So I thought a character with jedi clobbering kit would be the winning choice in a sea of Luke’s. I also went with SEE first because I had all the prerequisites for Luke already. I knew I could start for Luke ASAP after I finished SEE.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I had Rey and kylo when Luke and SEE were announced. I actually went for SEE first because I knew that everyone would go for Luke first just simply out of nostalgia alone. So I thought a character with jedi clobbering kit would be the winning choice in a sea of Luke’s. I also went with SEE first because I had all the prerequisites for Luke already. I knew I could start for Luke ASAP after I finished SEE.

I already had all the requirements for SEE done except Piet because I love the DS characters and finding niche ways to make them work. That's also not to say I neglected my LS. Sure I never went for rey (personal reasons and bias to my sheer hatred of the character.) but I'm also rather close to Luke with minimal effort. Maybe a month of farming wiggs and gearing the two marquees.

As for my post about dropping 30 ranks in 10 minutes. Yeah. I was trying to coordinate with my shard. A guy from FC wanted to test out things vs my SEE. A few enemies popped up and ruined everything. I didn't even realize cause it happened so quick.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If what you were saying was true we would see him in at least 3rd place and climbing.

It is still too early. This first wave is people with means who can choose to go for JML The majority of people with only SLKR are not such that can go for JML in any timely manner. His reqs will be a backstop to his popularity. Do the experiment I suggested. I would guess your shard being older has more people going for JML, because they can.
  • Options
    str2019 wrote: »
    If what you were saying was true we would see him in at least 3rd place and climbing.

It is still too early. This first wave is people with means who can choose to go for JML The majority of people with only SLKR are not such that can go for JML in any timely manner. His reqs will be a backstop to his popularity. Do the experiment I suggested. I would guess your shard being older has more people going for JML, because they can.

I'm gonna call it right there. My shard on my alt is just over a year old. People splurged on the Hyperdrive, so they weren't even necessarily limited by leveling and farming for new toons. After the initial round of releases, it was almost purely SLKR's in the top 50 of arena. So for reference, it would be the breeding ground for the experiment you claim, because it was almost purely an SLKR meta, and a new enough shard that people probably haven't fiended their way to a JML squad yet.

And yet, there are currently more EP squads than SEE squads. Even most SLKR owners in my shard haven't started the SEE farm in any significant capacity. It has been over a month, with no distractions like another huge character update, and no likelihood that any of them are farming for JML. Yet there is exactly 1 top 50 SEE. More people in my shard have SLKR and Rey, which just goes to show how stupid the idea of connected the GL's is. Because of course everyone has BOTH of the GL's that were out for half a year longer than the new ones. If you're claiming a connection for utility reasons, why would you claim that new shards should have him more? His only utility is beating JML, so it would make more sense that old shards have him paired with SLKR for utility reasons. And you know what having an old shard like that means? Everyone likely has more than one GL anyway before getting SEE.

There is no way to prove correlation, but common sense and even many people's testimony have shown there is no connection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have and other than the 2 who have all 4, no one is actively pushing for SEE at the moment.

Again, if there was any relationship between owning SLKR, and going after SEE, we would see more SEE by now, at least equal to JML, in some relative capacity.
  • Options
    This thread is ridiculous. If CG doesn't have enough "data" by now to see a rework is needed then they are more tone def or lazy than we ever imagined. There is literally dozens of posts now with evidence and analysis of the deep flaws this character possesses. CG should be putting out a statement saying that a rework or major tweak is inbound so we can stop all this "gather evidence" nonsense. There is enough actionable evidence. Its time to stop asking for more and time to start fixing what is broken.

We don't need all the details of what the fix will be or even a timeframe of when its coming. They simply need to say its being fixed.
  • Options
    jezmonster wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous. If CG doesn't have enough "data" by now to see a rework is needed then they are more tone def or lazy than we ever imagined. There is literally dozens of posts now with evidence and analysis of the deep flaws this character possesses. CG should be putting out a statement saying that a rework or major tweak is inbound so we can stop all this "gather evidence" nonsense. There is enough actionable evidence. Its time to stop asking for more and time to start fixing what is broken.

We don't need all the details of what the fix will be or even a timeframe of when its coming. They simply need to say its being fixed.

can't agree more
  • Options
    jezmonster wrote: »

You won the thread
  • Options
    They may not want to say it's being fixed if they haven't really decided on the fix and what it's going to be. There are reasons to disagree with that rationale or be unhappy about it, but it's understandable. Besides, they may want to do some testing to see how SEE functions in battles and not just whether his abilities are bugged. We already know that SEE has some bugs with Linked and possibly Deceived, and that it doesn't look like they tested SEE at all to see how he fares in battle (recall the surprise that EP + Vader could outspeed Malak, resulting in a Malak "fix" specifically nerfing any enemy Sith TM gain).
  • Options

I have and other than the 2 who have all 4, no one is actively pushing for SEE at the moment.

Again, if there was any relationship between owning SLKR, and going after SEE, we would see more SEE by now, at least equal to JML, in some relative capacity.

I went SEE after SLKR. I am a bit DS heavy and seemed like a good approach. After I saw his performance I almost stopped.

Why did I continue? Because JMLs are exponentially increasing and SEE garuntees my PO without a refresh. From 1st position Ive been testing SEE plus different comps against top5. Other than JML counter not a lot of vale.
  • Options
    Dkfusion wrote: »

I went SEE after SLKR. I am a bit DS heavy and seemed like a good approach. After I saw his performance I almost stopped.

Why did I continue? Because JMLs are exponentially increasing and SEE garuntees my PO without a refresh. From 1st position Ive been testing SEE plus different comps against top5. Other than JML counter not a lot of vale.

SLKR very easily beats JML, just not with FO (DR and Wat are his best buddies here).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    GJO wrote: »
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    1. Jedi are in a superior place in terms of synergy. JKL is a serious assist here. He can kill GLs on his own let alone as part of the team. Rey creates a very strong offensive team, and JML can be a beast as support or lead.

So maybe we need a new sith hero to spend money on, something comparable to JKL, but as a support for SEE. Some contenders:

6tfd8xgskuso.jpg

Darth Plagueis. Along with Palpatine, they set out to uncover the secrets of immortality. However, when Palpatine saw no more reason for a teacher, was ultimately betrayed by his apprentice. He had the powerful ability to save others from death, but couldn’t save himself. Make him a support that gives SEE damage immunity like Rey?

6byrp5gdypba.jpg

Darth Bane. His power took on many different forms, from being the only Sith to survive the Jedi-Sith war (an impressive feat) to single-handedly establishing the rule of two in order to rise up and destroy the Jedi in secret. He could be an impressive tank in the game that turns into a devastating attacker when only he and SEE are left?

Sorry Nobody will wait till "Sith month" (Rest of the year is full with Mando) to maybe get a good Sith that add Something, that cant be the Design Line for a GL!

New characters (especially the powerfull ones) are gated behind Money and/or time so they are no real choice for most Players.

As i mentioned above you can't sell that awesome Car with the hint: "Wait some months for the wheels. And you need still a bunch of extra Money in this case, sorry Dude! But If you made it so far, you can use your Car finally"

But this is exactly the problem we're facing. SEE must be overpowered against other GL's because he doesn't have companions. So, he must be far better (and now, 1v1 he ducks) in order o overcome the absolute garbage sith are. Outside SE, who works better as full SE what we have left? 3 years old triumvirate and what? Nothing. Sidious ducks, Maul ducks a lot Savage ducks a lot more, assassin, marauder.... pure garbage.
    Put 's' wherever you feel it will be worthwhile.

Whe I broadly agree with you on the sad state of Sith in the game, disagree about Marauder. Absolute wrecking ball under DR.

Yeah, but only within this particularly situation. Where he gets a lot of debuff.
    Put this aside, he ducks hard.

My friends, the sith faction are in trouble, no wonder SEE is also in trouble. Take out JKL and GAS from JML/Rey and then tell me if they are really good toons.

Edit:
    Maybe adding a mechanic-legged Maul, who can take out 20% of health on basic, immunity to stun, mass assist, mass stun and mass daze, counterattack, double attack with physical damage equal to JML, who can save their fellow sith and they reach 1 HP... and then we will have a fair fight 😂
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What if we removed the part of his kit that says linked enemies must take an action and instead just added 10% ultimate charge for every TURN? That could remove the anti synergy with SE and allow the Sith GL to actually work with some of the best sith we have.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Another idea: counting Sith Ally abilities (or turns) used for the purpose of increasing Ult Charge and for fueling SEE’s Mastery gain. That would effectively double the rate of both.
  • Options
    I think I said this before, but I don’t think it is likely we will see a word on SEE soon. Anniversary is coming up they’re focused on that and other things already planned in the pipeline, plus as we get towards the end of the year things slow down.
  • Options
    Having read the disappointment on this post, I have to say I feel invigorated about not whaling on the NEW GL's. I just sat back, and slowly and surely collected the gear and shards to unlock, absolutely free of any expense, and subsequently, sidestepped all this pain and personal anguish for which I am very grateful. I am sure this will all be resolved and corrected in the coming weeks and months ironically just in time for the FTP to unlock him :)

I for one am happy for CG to take as much time as they like in resolving this. Around Mid Jan would be ideal for me.
  • Options
    Eweff wrote: »
    I think I said this before, but I don’t think it is likely we will see a word on SEE soon. Anniversary is coming up they’re focused on that and other things already planned in the pipeline, plus as we get towards the end of the year things slow down.

Understood but is it really hard to say either "we will fix SEE" or "No, SEE is fine we aren't fixing him"

The silence is deafening
  • Options
    Having read the disappointment on this post, I have to say I feel invigorated about not whaling on the NEW GL's. I just sat back, and slowly and surely collected the gear and shards to unlock, absolutely free of any expense, and subsequently, sidestepped all this pain and personal anguish for which I am very grateful. I am sure this will all be resolved and corrected in the coming weeks and months ironically just in time for the FTP to unlock him :)

I for one am happy for CG to take as much time as they like in resolving this. Around Mid Jan would be ideal for me.

Good for you. Glad your smiling at others pain and suffering. Want a cookie?
  • Options
    1. Jedi are in a superior place in terms of synergy. JKL is a serious assist here. He can kill GLs on his own let alone as part of the team. Rey creates a very strong offensive team, and JML can be a beast as support or lead.

So maybe we need a new sith hero to spend money on, something comparable to JKL, but as a support for SEE. Some contenders:

6tfd8xgskuso.jpg

Darth Plagueis. Along with Palpatine, they set out to uncover the secrets of immortality. However, when Palpatine saw no more reason for a teacher, was ultimately betrayed by his apprentice. He had the powerful ability to save others from death, but couldn’t save himself. Make him a support that gives SEE damage immunity like Rey?

6byrp5gdypba.jpg

Darth Bane. His power took on many different forms, from being the only Sith to survive the Jedi-Sith war (an impressive feat) to single-handedly establishing the rule of two in order to rise up and destroy the Jedi in secret. He could be an impressive tank in the game that turns into a devastating attacker when only he and SEE are left?

Sorry Nobody will wait till "Sith month" (Rest of the year is full with Mando) to maybe get a good Sith that add Something, that cant be the Design Line for a GL!

New characters (especially the powerfull ones) are gated behind Money and/or time so they are no real choice for most Players.

As i mentioned above you can't sell that awesome Car with the hint: "Wait some months for the wheels. And you need still a bunch of extra Money in this case, sorry Dude! But If you made it so far, you can use your Car finally"

But this is exactly the problem we're facing. SEE must be overpowered against other GL's because he doesn't have companions. So, he must be far better (and now, 1v1 he ducks) in order o overcome the absolute garbage sith are. Outside SE, who works better as full SE what we have left? 3 years old triumvirate and what? Nothing. Sidious ducks, Maul ducks a lot Savage ducks a lot more, assassin, marauder.... pure garbage.

Whe I broadly agree with you on the sad state of Sith in the game, disagree about Marauder. Absolute wrecking ball under DR.

Yeah, but only within this particularly situation. Where he gets a lot of debuff.

My friends, the sith faction are in trouble, no wonder SEE is also in trouble. Take out JKL and GAS from JML/Rey and then tell me if they are really good toons.

Edit:
    Maybe adding a mechanic-legged Maul, who can take out 20% of health on basic, immunity to stun, mass assist, mass stun and mass daze, counterattack, double attack with physical damage equal to JML, who can save their fellow sith and they reach 1 HP... and then we will have a fair fight 😂

Full resistance Rey teams absolutely dunk on SEE teams. 4 alive at the end, 50% of the time all 5 are standing. SEE poses no threat to pure Resistance teams. He doesn't do damage, his debuffs are lackluster, his link doesn't do anything really. And most of his ult can be mitigated by reys ult, to which she can use 2, 3, 4 times per battle.. SEE gets 1 aoe shock and thats it.
  • Options
    Shiryu wrote: »

6tfd8xgskuso.jpg

6byrp5gdypba.jpg

Edit:

Full resistance Rey teams absolutely dunk on SEE teams. 4 alive at the end, 50% of the time all 5 are standing. SEE poses no threat to pure Resistance teams. He doesn't do damage, his debuffs are lackluster, his link doesn't do anything really. And most of his ult can be mitigated by reys ult, to which she can use 2, 3, 4 times per battle.. SEE gets 1 aoe shock and thats it.

Thats what irritates me the most, that you basically can only use the aoe one time. The cooldown is way too long...

And all the useless zetas that you lose when he transforms...

At least make it so he keeps his pre-ultimate abilities instead of losing them
  • Options

6tfd8xgskuso.jpg

6byrp5gdypba.jpg

Edit:

Thats what irritates me the most, that you basically can only use the aoe one time. The cooldown is way too long...

Or just make unlimited power his ultimate then he goes back to life support
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

6tfd8xgskuso.jpg

6byrp5gdypba.jpg

Edit:

Or just make unlimited power his ultimate then he goes back to life support

I feel like even that would work better, just because he'd keep his abilities, and if he had a good run going he might still get the ult twice in a round. More likely than getting a 20 turn cooldown while he's the only one left alive on his team.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Understood but is it really hard to say either "we will fix SEE" or "No, SEE is fine we aren't fixing him"

The silence is deafening

This. I appreciate the new community guy has posted here to say it is being looked at (on 2nd November). This is all good and well but there's no indication for how long. Certainly don't get any sense this is a priority.

As you say, CG must know if he's WAI or not by now.
  • Options

The silence is deafening

This. I appreciate the new community guy has posted here to say it is being looked at (on 2nd November). This is all good and well but there's no indication for how long. Certainly don't get any sense this is a priority.

As you say, CG must know if he's WAI or not by now.

Yeah given that November 2nd was already pushing a month since release, plus however long they tested on their own, plus the two weeks since they started looking into it, and we've compiled 1.3k posts worth of either evidence or complaints. I think "looking into it" is probably not so difficult that us laying all of this on them would take two weeks to decide if he's WAI or not.
  • Options
    Really hope we get that buff soon...
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Here you go CG, not perfect but i think its far better

Basic: (ZETA) Deception
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Shock for 2 turns. This attack deals double damage to Decieved enemies If that enemy wasn't Deceived, they become Deceived for 2 turns, increased to 3 turns if they are Light Side.

Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Sith Eternal Emperor gains Speed Up for 2 turns. This ability can't be countered.

Special 1: (ZETA) Dark Side of the Force (Cooldown 3)
    FINAL TEXT: Dispell all debuffs on Sith allies then deal Special damage to target enemy and call all other Dark Side allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage for each Deceived enemy. Dark Side allies recover 35% Health and Protection. Light Side enemies defeated this turn can't be revived.

Special 2: (ZETA) Unraveled Destiny (Cooldown 6)
    FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies gain Retribution for 3 turns, and Dark Side Tank allies gain Taunt for 2 turns. Remove Linked from all enemies. Then, target enemy becomes Linked until a Linked enemy is defeated or until the end of encounter. Sith Eternal Emperor gains the granted ability Entwined Fate and takes a bonus turn.

During this bonus turn, Sith Eternal Emperor may only use Entwined Fate, can't be ability blocked, ignores taunt effects, and may not target a Linked character. If only 1 enemy is present, link an ally instead.

Linked: This character is Linked

Entwined Fate: Target enemy becomes Linked. This ability is removed and can't be used again until Unraveled Destiny is used.

Leader: (ZETA) Sith Eternal
    FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies have +20% Mastery, +25% Potency, +20 Speed, and gain Offence equal to 20% Potency doubled for Sith allies.

If all allies are Sith, Sith Eternal Emperor ignores taunt.

Whenever a Deceived or Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 10% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter and other Sith allies gain half that amount. Whenever a Linked enemy takes or skips a turn, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 8% Ultimate Charge.

Whenever a Sith ally is defeated, dispel all debuffs on other Sith allies and they recover 100% Health and Protection. Sith allies can't be revived ignore defense when targeting a Light Side enemy.

Unique 1: (ZETA) Sow Discord
    FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor is immune to taunt effects, Ability Block and Turn Meter reduction. Deceived enemies can't counter attack and Deceived Rebel and Jedi enemies can't or gain bonus Turn Meter.

At the start of Sith Eternal Emperor's turn, if no enemies are Deceived, the weakest Light Side enemy becomes Deceived for 2 turns. Whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability, their weakest ally without Deceived becomes Deceived for the max duration Sith Eternal Emperor could inflict on them (limit once per turn), and Sith Eternal Emperor recovers 2% Protection. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

At the start of each Linked enemy's turn, Linked enemies lose 20% Max Protection, quadrupled for Jedi, and Sith Eternal Emperor gains 25% of the amount lost. Linked raid bosses instead gain Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted.

Linked enemies can't critically hit (excludes Galactic Legends), and damage they deal is decreased by 25% (15% for Galactic Legends)

Ultimate: Unlimited Power! (Must charge to 100% before use)
    Deal massive damage to Linked enemies, doubled for Light Side and Special damage to all enemies. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be evaded, can't be countered and ignores defense. All Dark Side allies gain Offence Up, Defense Up, Potency Up, Health Steal Up and Defense Penetration for 2 turns.

Edit: Ability block immunity
    Edit 2: taunt ignore if all allies are sith

Post edited by MikKro on
  • Options

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Shock for 2 turns. This attack deals double damage to Decieved enemies If that enemy wasn't Deceived, they become Deceived for 2 turns, increased to 3 turns if they are Light Side.

Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Sith Eternal Emperor gains Speed Up for 2 turns. This ability can't be countered.

FINAL TEXT: Dispell all debuffs on Sith allies then deal Special damage to target enemy and call all other Dark Side allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage for each Deceived enemy. Dark Side allies recover 35% Health and Protection. Light Side enemies defeated this turn can't be revived.

FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies gain Retribution for 3 turns, and Dark Side Tank allies gain Taunt for 2 turns. Remove Linked from all enemies. Then, target enemy becomes Linked until a Linked enemy is defeated or until the end of encounter. Sith Eternal Emperor gains the granted ability Entwined Fate and takes a bonus turn.

During this bonus turn, Sith Eternal Emperor may only use Entwined Fate, can't be ability blocked, ignores taunt effects, and may not target a Linked character. If only 1 enemy is present, link an ally instead.

Entwined Fate: Target enemy becomes Linked. This ability is removed and can't be used again until Unraveled Destiny is used.

FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies have +20% Mastery, +25% Potency, +20 Speed, and gain Offence equal to 20% Potency doubled for Sith allies.

Whenever a Deceived or Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 10% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter and other Sith allies gain half that amount. Whenever a Linked enemy takes or skips a turn, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 8% Ultimate Charge.

Whenever a Sith ally is defeated, dispel all debuffs on other Sith allies and they recover 100% Health and Protection. Sith allies can't be revived ignore defense when targeting a Light Side enemy.

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor is immune to taunt effects and Turn Meter reduction. Deceived enemies can't counter attack and Deceived Rebel and Jedi enemies can't or gain bonus Turn Meter.

At the start of Sith Eternal Emperor's turn, if no enemies are Deceived, the weakest Light Side enemy becomes Deceived for 2 turns. Whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability, their weakest ally without Deceived becomes Deceived for the max duration Sith Eternal Emperor could inflict on them (limit once per turn), and Sith Eternal Emperor recovers 2% Protection. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

At the start of each Linked enemy's turn, Linked enemies lose 20% Max Protection, quadrupled for Jedi, and Sith Eternal Emperor gains 25% of the amount lost. Linked raid bosses instead gain Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted.

Linked enemies can't critically hit (excludes Galactic Legends), and damage they deal is decreased by 25% (15% for Galactic Legends)

Deal massive damage to Linked enemies, doubled for Light Side and Special damage to all enemies. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be evaded, can't be countered and ignores defense. All Dark Side allies gain Offence Up, Defense Up, Potency Up, Health Steal Up and Defense Penetration for 2 turns.

Stop, I can only get so firm...

Actually your changes would be great. It would make SEE more competitive vs. Rey (as Rey is supposed to be = to SEE on the rock paper scissors meta, this is good), and would not really make SEE too much better vs. SLKR (also good, because SLKR > SEE on the rock paper scissors meta)

• Options
    Forgot to mention he would always be in his "restored" model. Most of this was sugestions from the community all over this thread, credit to them
  • Options

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor is immune to taunt effects, Ability Block and Turn Meter reduction. Deceived enemies can't counter attack and Deceived Rebel and Jedi enemies can't or gain bonus Turn Meter.

Edit: Ability block immunity

I've had several hundred arena matches using R7 SEE with ultimate, and based on the experience would say this proposed revision looks great and would elevate SEE to what is described in the "Developer Insight" post while also bringing balance to the arena. Allowing SEE to link an ally is a great solution to the linking issue. However I do feel that the initial link should ignore taunt since the strategic aspect of gameplay is a lot less interesting when you are prevented from freely choosing link targets. Also it would be great to change SEE's mastery type since even in extremely long PVE matches you see negligible benefit from the stacking mastery.
    Thank you for putting this together MikKro, it's a great proposed solution!
  • Options

The silence is deafening

I agree completely. My point was that I don’t think they’ve even put enough thought into it to say yes or no.
This discussion has been closed.