Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

How did you decide all else is extra? Did cg said anything confirming your opinion besides this raid to be introducing r8 mats but not restricted to them? If all else is extra what's the flattened reward structure about? Surely that's not talking about relic mats which are not flat whatsoever.

which of those 2 rewards would you take?

when new content is introduced and its the only farming source of a material, it seems like that would be the most important part of the rewards, as you can only get it there.

If given the choice between 5 or 11 of those, would you choose to only take 5? (and less currency, but the 5 more of 1 piece of gear) Those are not likely to be the "deciding factor" in a choice like this.

you can also note that I used " " around the word extra, which means I dont mean that literally, but I do mean to point out that the rewards shown there for 17 are in no way better than the rewards for 1, because the important material is in higher quantity.

please go ahead and graph the relic rewards (1-11) and Sith raid rewards (i'm not sure what the low end is, but i think its under 10) up to 50 (or a full piece which has more stuff in it) and let me know which line is flatter. and yes the "secondary rewards" (not the mats) for the whole distribution are flatter. so in both cases, yes its flatter, and no one said it was FLAT, as you put it.

So if the most important reward as you say are the relic materials, how exactly are those rewards themselves flat or flatter? Just curious
    ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

How did you decide all else is extra? Did cg said anything confirming your opinion besides this raid to be introducing r8 mats but not restricted to them? If all else is extra what's the flattened reward structure about? Surely that's not talking about relic mats which are not flat whatsoever.

please go ahead and graph the relic rewards (1-11) and Sith raid rewards (i'm not sure what the low end is, but i think its under 10) up to 50 (or a full piece which has more stuff in it) and let me know which line is flatter. and yes the "secondary rewards" (not the mats) for the whole distribution are flatter. so in both cases, yes its flatter, and no one said it was FLAT, as you put it.

• StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

when new content is introduced and its the only farming source of a material, it seems like that would be the most important part of the rewards, as you can only get it there.

If given the choice between 5 or 11 of those, would you choose to only take 5? (and less currency, but the 5 more of 1 piece of gear) Those are not likely to be the "deciding factor" in a choice like this.

you can also note that I used " " around the word extra, which means I dont mean that literally, but I do mean to point out that the rewards shown there for 17 are in no way better than the rewards for 1, because the important material is in higher quantity.

So if the most important reward as you say are the relic materials, how exactly are those rewards themselves flat or flatter? Just curious

<10% of a reward is in no way flat, just because it happens to be flatter than another not-flat reward.

Also, the stated purpose was to "reduce some of the friction" in the guild. Not only did this reward structure not accommplish that goal, but the raid itself has actually made it much, much worse.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

I'd take the better gear over more new relic mats, I need them more right now. I don't particularly need any relic mats, because I can't use them due the other relic mat they slipped in. I will be hoarding those for the upcoming future. By flat I meant that cg, (contrary to your "extra" emphasis) lays importance to the -other rewards- that they made a special sentiment about it being flat, flatter, whatever you call it. I didn't mean to discuss whether they are flat enough, just that they are very important for us and not just an overhead to the relic mats.

On the flat/flatter front; I put many examples of chests to this thread, you can see the 50th spot one recently and the one I got a whooping full mk3 sienar at 7 as the best gear in that chest. Due to the gear pool they are using the reward outcomes are quite absurd, varies between pretty good to zero use junk.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    7 vs 50

nm2io4mmb918.png
    jmou24osp4cz.png
    iiu58tvpcp9n.jpg
  • Options

I'd take the better gear over more new relic mats, I need them more right now. I don't particularly need any relic mats, because I can't use them due the other relic mat they slipped in. I will be hoarding those for the upcoming future. By flat I meant that cg, (contrary to your "extra" emphasis) lays importance to the -other rewards- that they made a special sentiment about it being flat, flatter, whatever you call it. I didn't mean to discuss whether they are flat enough, just that they are very important for us and not just an overhead to the relic mats.
    I'd take more relic mats over better gear since there are plenty of ways I can get that gear but this is the only way I can get those relic mats.

If I were to switch to a CRancor capable guild today, I would almost certainly be at the low end of scoring so it would most likely take me 20 raids to get enough materials to r8 a single toon. The top scorers by comparison could do it in 2 raids. That's about as flattened as my backside.
  • Options

Please go ahead and give us the data necessary to make that graph. How are we supposed to graph the gear rewards from the Sith raid when we don't know what the exact percentage drop rates are for each loot box?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I'd take more relic mats over better gear since there are plenty of ways I can get that gear but this is the only way I can get those relic mats.

If I were to switch to a CRancor capable guild today, I would almost certainly be at the low end of scoring so it would most likely take me 20 raids to get enough materials to r8 a single toon. The top scorers by comparison could do it in 2 raids. That's about as flattened as my backside.

As comments are getting added on top, my og sentiment is getting subsided. Imo both the gear and relic mats are important contrary to what @Kyno claims. Cg also seems to be thinking so since the relic mats part of the raid is much less flatter than even hstr (check traya shard interval being 5-12).

This leaves the -flatter- comment to be about rest of rewards. They are flatter than what we are used to, but due to gear pool this flatness is only about amounts. Rng makes one box completely worthless or decent regardless of the spots.
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »
    I will leave you with this..zokagtxy4mf9.png

[Remove-CM]

Those look perfect for me, but I only have one relic, not multiple r5+ teams.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    I guess I'd take more gear...
    If u score within 25 spot u need 4 raids to get one r8 char. How much g12 stuff do u need to salvage for one r8 char? 184 g12 pieces. I don't think I could spend that many g12 pieces every 4 raids... If they don't give us new ways to farm g12 stuff quickly then we will have way to many r8 mats soon.
  • Options
    Are we going to get some kind or response this week about the state of this dumpster fire?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Are we going to get some kind or response this week about the state of this dumpster fire?

You must have missed the corporate-approved memo that Doja was allowed to post that basically said "Yeah, it's difficult", which simply proves that CG neither plays their own game nor reads the forums, as the response didn't address or even acknowledge any of the actual points brought up in this 40+ page thread.

Whatever. Anyone who is surprised by CG's non-response response hasn't been paying attention for 5 years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Schwubb wrote: »
    I guess I'd take more gear...
    If u score within 25 spot u need 4 raids to get one r8 char. How much g12 stuff do u need to salvage for one r8 char? 184 g12 pieces. I don't think I could spend that many g12 pieces every 4 raids... If they don't give us new ways to farm g12 stuff quickly then we will have way to many r8 mats soon.

284 including zinbiddles also needed for the upgrade.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno they flattened the "extra" rewards? How kind of them. Thanks for inadvertently lending a voice to the concern of the whole community.

I dont think the whole community feels that the lower tier rewards are better than the #1 tier rewards presented in those images, do you?
  • Options
    Haven’t commented on here in awhile. Just logged in to say how much I hate the mechanics of this raid. Gonna cause us to lose guild members probably. I don’t understand what their thought process was around this raid design. Myself nor my guild can guarantee to all be on at certain times to attack nor am I willing to do it even if I could. Really unfortunate.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Haven’t commented on here in awhile. Just logged in to say how much I hate the mechanics of this raid. Gonna cause us to lose guild members probably. I don’t understand what their thought process was around this raid design. Myself nor my guild can guarantee to all be on at certain times to attack nor am I willing to do it even if I could. Really unfortunate.

Yep. The mechanics are horrible. I’m pretty sure it’s an overwhelming majority that hate this requirement of mass participation at the exact same time. Totally **** nonsense.
  • Options
    @ucantsay its all about the R8 materials, anything else is "extra", so no those are not better than the higher rank.

Who tell you it's all about R8 materrials?what u said just because you can't get rank 1...rank 1 should be best rewards,whatever which reward,that is fair
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I like extra rewards. Just not liking it to be called extra. Wonder how they do the reward structure. Is it just R8 mats and random gear?

So much fire yet no response. Just sad
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno they flattened the "extra" rewards? How kind of them. Thanks for inadvertently lending a voice to the concern of the whole community.

I dont think the whole community feels that the lower tier rewards are better than the #1 tier rewards presented in those images, do you?

It's rng. Same small sample size you would vehemently shoot down in other threads. This raid has apparently broken kyno to the point he doesn't know how to accurately defend CG. They are also "extra" so what does it matter if they were flattened?

I was commenting on a post that said the rewards at a lower position were better than they are at 1st, due to the secondary materials being slightly higher, while completely ignoring the primary reward from the raid.

you should ask the person who responded about them being no where near flat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ucantsay wrote: »

Who tell you it's all about R8 materrials?what u said just because you can't get rank 1...rank 1 should be best rewards,whatever which reward,that is fair

those rank 1 rewards are better, which is why it is fair.

no each individual element doesn't need to be greater at first, that is RNG (to the person above). but the sum total should be better, which it is.
  • Options

no each individual element doesn't need to be greater at first, that is RNG (to the person above). but the sum total should be better, which it is.

You seem to be undecided which argument to take. In what way do you see the reward structure as flat-er? Does that happen to be the part of the rewards that you are saying that doesn't matter? What is it flat-er compared to?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You seem to be undecided which argument to take. In what way do you see the reward structure as flat-er? Does that happen to be the part of the rewards that you are saying that doesn't matter? What is it flat-er compared to?

a flatter reward structure, it would seem, is based on the first to last reward structure when read in the context of the paragraph it was stated in.

when did I say it doesn't' matter?

what are you comparing it too? I would think comparing it to other raid rewards like the Sith raid make sense, which is what I have compared it to.

also as someone pointed out statistically speaking, RNG plays a big part in the sith raid rewards, by the new raid having a linear reward progression, it is inherently flatter. but I dont know if thats what they meant, because that would make more sense to say they are flat (linear), and not flatter, as that does require a baseline for comparison.
  • Options

a flatter reward structure, it would seem, is based on the first to last reward structure when read in the context of the paragraph it was stated in.

when did I say it doesn't' matter?

what are you comparing it too? I would think comparing it to other raid rewards like the Sith raid make sense, which is what I have compared it to.

also as someone pointed out statistically speaking, RNG plays a big part in the sith raid rewards, by the new raid having a linear reward progression, it is inherently flatter. but I dont know if thats what they meant, because that would make more sense to say they are flat (linear), and not flatter, as that does require a baseline for comparison.

So extra matters? Got it. I thought you were dismissing folks telling them it was the relic mats that matter anyway a page back.

Which part of the rewards are flatter than which part of the hstr rewards? Just saying it's flatter than sith doesn't mean much to me. Don't know what you mean by linear reward progression, hstr has also that. 1-11 here, 5-12 there.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options

I've seen a lot of reward images and its really random what rewards you get based on your ranking

which is fine

the rewards themselves are an issue (quantity is bad or the reward pool is bad)

One of my guild members got 65 mk 3 holos as the only gear drop for example

None of the gear i've gotten so far has been amazing and there isn't any benefit of acquiring r8 aero materials since the other component requires 186 g12 gear that i don't have piles of nor does the raid consistently provides
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239989/scheduled-update-01-06-2021#latest

"EVENT - Fixed description of Rancor's basic ability, "Crushing Claw", on Challenge difficulty to clarify it dispels buffs from all enemies."

So there was a bug with the rancor but instead of bothering to fix it, cg decided to just change the ability description and make the bug a feature.

Way to show that you care...