SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Time to accept they ain’t doing a **** thing with SEE, lesson learned ppl. Wait until after a GL has been released and thoroughly tested by the community then farm if they are good.

And if everyone waited and there was no one to test then who knows about any kits. Things can sound great on paper but come out to be poo. And vice versa.

Yeah, whales will always get the new thing. But they won't do the same type of testing that others would do. They won't test like a person who only has 1 GL TRYING to make it good and work.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Waiting patiently, being willing to be a bit late on stuff... this is what I did. This is the F2P life. It relies a lot on being careful, slow, and accepting that you won't quite be the "tip of the spear."

I relied entirely on Sith discord people getting SEE asap and testing him out (mostly confirming that my concerns about his kit were real, and that in practice it was even worse than that). Without such people we would've been stuck with Ahnald's "god tier" propaganda. People paying to get SEE asap and to get his ultimate fast are paying for that initial advantage, for those initial weeks of being on top and everything. That's a major element of this game as a paying player, but with SEE it was very different.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Even I have been saying SEE is awesome, but if you are going for your first GL, I would suggest SLKR. The requirements for SLKR are less fluffy and are generally useful toons, and SLKR adds values in all game modes. SEE is useless in raid. I am F2P, I went Rey, SLKR, JML and SEE in that order.
  • Options
    @Kyno It is high time CG comes out and says whether they are buffing SEE or not. We just want a straight Yes or No answer.

I am all ready for SEE but am not going to gear up so many toons for such low return.

I would like to know so that I can decide and move on.
  • Options
    I pledge not to spend a cent on this game until they fix see.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    They already answered
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »
    They already answered

We're looking into it is not an answer. It's a stalling tactic
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    They already answered

That's not the one I'm talking about.
    They gave us a silent answer. Is 3 months with no changes not a clear message?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Kyno It is high time CG comes out and says whether they are buffing SEE or not. We just want a straight Yes or No answer.

I am all ready for SEE but am not going to gear up so many toons for such low return.

I understand where you are coming from, if you think you need an answer, then you should consider the information we have at hand. He has not gotten a buff yet, and some of the issues expressed here are not as likely to be directly addressed if they do make a buff. Also some issues, like his arena viability, seem to be in conflict with the data they see, I hope to get more on that.

If you dont feel he is worth the investment, then you should probably not invest in him, this has always been the way.

Just for clarity, I'm not saying they will not buff him. I'm not saying they will not address issues, but they may not specifically focus on areas that players want him to do more in.

Some examples are raids, GAC banner count, and not liking his kit interaction with his team, for example.

Could these and other specific issues be addressed, yes, but it is unlikely they will be a sole focus if something changes, meaning they are not going to come out with a checklist of "now he can do X,Y,Z, and 20% in CRancor". Just FYI.
  • Options
    When I got SEE, I was at 0/13 for SLKR.

Today I am at 12/13 for SLKR and should have him by the end of next week.

That's how long we've been waiting for an answer from CG if they are going to fix SEE.

(I'm looking forward to having a GL that is actually useful)

• Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »

That's how long we've been waiting for an answer from CG if they are going to fix SEE.

You will have two useful GL once you have SLKR.... an easy auto win against jml with See as well as easy solo capabilities agaisnt padme and gas in Gac... to go with your SLKR who will help your arena climb and give you great raid scores. Once you have SLKR you will appreciate what SEE actually brings to tour rosta.
    This is how the game is meant to be... each gl fills certain roles. Just having one GL and expecting it to be awesome in every game mode is a pipe dream.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    LeeB wrote: »
    Given that this thread will never go away because us SEE owners are disappointed. Can we just get a yes / no to changes and then lock the thread so we can all move on from this pile of trash toon :).

No
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well SEE is destroying JML and unbeatable by him. Can beat Rey and be beaten by her but with some randomness. SLKR is auto him as the god character he is. Seems quite legit to me. Unless you compare him to SLKR which you shouldnt like the other GL
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Deany123 wrote: »

You will have two useful GL once you have SLKR.... an easy auto win against jml with See as well as easy solo capabilities agaisnt padme and gas in Gac... to go with your SLKR who will help your arena climb and give you great raid scores. Once you have SLKR you will appreciate what SEE actually brings to tour rosta.
    This is how the game is meant to be... each gl fills certain roles. Just having one GL and expecting it to be awesome in every game mode is a pipe dream.

See’s requirements don’t correspond to his capabilities at all. HE is the most useless GL among others. I could accept his role if his pre-requisites were two times less (like 8-9 toons due to his real worth ) than other 3 GLs have.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Well SEE is destroying JML and unbeatable by him. Can beat Rey and be beaten by her but with some randomness. SLKR is auto him as the god character he is. Seems quite legit to me. Unless you compare him to SLKR which you shouldnt like the other GL

JML Jericho can beat SEE.
  • Options
    They already answered

No, accepting the silent treatment is not acceptable.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    They already answered

No, accepting the silent treatment is not acceptable.

Good luck with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno It is high time CG comes out and says whether they are buffing SEE or not. We just want a straight Yes or No answer.

I understand where you are coming from, if you think you need an answer, then you should consider the information we have at hand. He has not gotten a buff yet, and some of the issues expressed here are not as likely to be directly addressed if they do make a buff. Also some issues, like his arena viability, seem to be in conflict with the data they see, I hope to get more on that.

If you dont feel he is worth the investment, then you should probably not invest in him, this has always been the way.

Just for clarity, I'm not saying they will not buff him. I'm not saying they will not address issues, but they may not specifically focus on areas that players want him to do more in.

Some examples are raids, GAC banner count, and not liking his kit interaction with his team, for example.

Could these and other specific issues be addressed, yes, but it is unlikely they will be a sole focus if something changes, meaning they are not going to come out with a checklist of "now he can do X,Y,Z, and 20% in CRancor". Just FYI.

You just encouraged people not to invest (spend on a character). Better remove your post.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

See looks like garbage in Raids in comparison with others 3 GLs, JML and Rey are useful for Light Geo, that much more difficult than Dark GEO, the fact that he can beat REY and JML is very poor justification for toon whose pre-requisites more than old GLs have
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have a feeling CG will shake the meta with SEE

Instead of making him the 4th best GL, I can’t wait for them to make him the 6th best
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options
    I think the tragedy with SEE is related to JML. They made JML pre-requisites very hard, that why CG want to promote JML as much as possible, If they make SEE at least of the same power level of REY, more people would go for SEE instead of JMl.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I have a feeling CG will shake the meta with SEE

Instead of making him the 4th best GL, I can’t wait for them to make him the 6th best

Unless the next GLs entirely revolve around protection that seems likely
  • Options

Jericho, Bastilla lead and even regular JML teams with JKL can beat SEE, while SEE struggles to beat Bastilla lead JML.
  • Options

SEE is not unbeatable by JML - I get beat by JML all the time now that people are modding JML better and learning better team comps. SEE is horrible, absolutely horrible on defense, the AI does nothing right.

And I don't know if there's a stealth buff to JML or what, but lately I've been losing to JML when I'm on the attack with SEE, where as before I could confidently auto JML and win all the time. But it may just br the better gearing and modding for JML as time goes on.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options
    Just to avoid further discussions, the fact that SEE can beat JML and Rey does NOT mean at all, that they are of the same power level. That only mean that SEE is hard counter. Actually Vader and Gas can beat REY and SLKR but it would be foolish to say that Vader and GAS have equal power as REY and SLKR :) they are just counters. Hope this post will be forwarded to CG!!!
  • Options
    Deany123 wrote: »

The "SEE can solo GAS and Padme" thing is a myth. Yes, it can be done with GAS or Padme that aren't g13, but once they are at higher relic levels, SEE gets destroyed by them when solo. The highest GAS I've been able to beat solo was an R3 level one (with similar clones) and my SEE is R8 with god mods.
  • Options

SEE is not unbeatable by JML - I get beat by JML all the time now that people are modding JML better and learning better team comps. SEE is horrible, absolutely horrible on defense, the AI does nothing right.

And I don't know if there's a stealth buff to JML or what, but lately I've been losing to JML when I'm on the attack with SEE, where as before I could confidently auto JML and win all the time. But it may just br the better gearing and modding for JML as time goes on.

Actually happened to me once as well. On his second turn JML used Inherited Teachings to call JKL to assist and oneshot my R4 Bastilla with full health and protection. Later JKL gave JML Jedis Will right before JML used his AoE, which oneshot my R4 Drevan and R7 Traya. When my SEE ulted he only killed Wat and GAS (had link on JML) and JML, JKL and Revan promptly finished me of. Safe to say I as kinda shocked. My SEE got 9k offense with 222% CD btw, so wouldnt say hes that poorly modded.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Can we get some synergy fixes to things like sidious, royal guard etc which would then look to buff the sith rather than do nothing?

Auto taunt on guard would make him useful, sidious could give offense up to all sith etc

Here’s my confusion with SEE vs Kylo which is purely based on the films... SEE would make sense to out power kylo but not Rey or Luke. Rey killed him and SEE remained hidden till luke died while manipulating Kylo for how ever long because he is weak. Just feels like a really out of place GL in terms of what he actually was and the power he held.

I know you don’t control it but your fun to vent frustration at :)
  • Options

Actually happened to me once as well. On his second turn JML used Inherited Teachings to call JKL to assist and oneshot my R4 Bastilla with full health and protection. Later JKL gave JML Jedis Will right before JML used his AoE, which oneshot my R4 Drevan and R7 Traya. When my SEE ulted he only killed Wat and GAS (had link on JML) and JML, JKL and Revan promptly finished me of. Safe to say I as kinda shocked. My SEE got 9k offense with 222% CD btw, so wouldnt say hes that poorly modded.

I don't think this would have helped you necessarily in that battle but I always link jkl with jml.

They are both immune to fear so linking them to charge the ult while you keep gas under control with dr and dark Bastilla seems to work better for me than linking gas.
  • Mandalor219
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Defeated sith under SEE lead had to buff the team.
    More ultimate charge and more deff and some minor upscaling of offense for the remaining sith.

SEE only advance right now is his slow animation, but wenn u attack this advance result in a disadvantage

And no...I don't want a supreme gl, only a gl similar to the other.
This discussion has been closed.