Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?

No.

Source?

https://swgohevents.com/news/conquest-beginners-guide
  • Options
    My suggestion, GL characters shouldnt be enemies in NORMAL mode.
    I'm not looking forward to jml and see when I dont have any gls to beat them with.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to jml and see when I dont have any gls to beat them with.

It has been addressed in this thread, they are removing them from non-boss nodes for the next run.
  • Options

It has been addressed in this thread, they are removing them from non-boss nodes for the next run.
    Thanks, its sometimes difficult to find the answer you're looking for here

• UdalCuain
    5021 posts Member
    Options

I don't think it will solve your problem. GLs will still be the bosses at the end of a sector, but you won't see them in the nodes leading up to the last one.
  • Options
    It will maybe be easier to beat GLs with the right data discs equipped.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

I don't think it will solve your problem. GLs will still be the bosses at the end of a sector, but you won't see them in the nodes leading up to the last one.

As I reread the above post, you're right. They'll still be boss nodes.
    I'm trying to make sure I'm not negative on this new mode, but dang is it discouraging to know I'm not going to come close to completing Normal mode just because I dont have GLs (and no, I dont have a swgoh.gg account, I'm 3.9 gp on my way to master luke but a long ways off
    Youd think galactic legends , the hardest toons to beat, would be in HARD.
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    Options

I'm trying to make sure I'm not negative on this new mode, but dang is it discouraging to know I'm not going to come close to completing Normal mode just because I dont have GLs (and no, I dont have a swgoh.gg account, I'm 3.9 gp on my way to master luke but a long ways off

There are plenty of counters to GL that don’t use other GLs.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

Every single GL has non-GL counters. JML is 'easily' countered by DR, SEE can be countered by a number of things such as Imperial Troopers.

This isn't R7 SEE/JML with Bastilla lead and Wat+Armorer - it's the GLs (possibly without ult?) that everyone was complaining were "too weak" 4 months ago.

If you don't have the counters for them right now then you're done - and that's ok - just focus your roster to getting some GL counters, it'll be helpful in GAC/TW anyway.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

If you are 3.9m GP, you are 100k short of hard mode anyway.
    To be fair, the GLs present are SEE in penultimate sector and JML in the last one and it doesn't seem that bad. SEE can be beaten without a GL and JML lead isn't the optimal setup for him, so if you get your own JML, you should have no problem. The bosses aren't changing afaik, so you can prepare for them. And it's fine to have some sort of gatekeeping at the end of normal, the hard mode is gonna be, well, hard.
  • Options
    I don't know what bonuses the GL have on the boss nodes, but with all the data disks equipped plus maybe consumables, I think it should be totally doable to defeat GLs without GLs in the game mode! The bonus on the data disks are just crazy awesome. So don't judge too fast, try and see how far you can go :)
    (they did say it's not meant for everyone to finish it though)

Personally I'm having a TON of fun with this new game mode!! I love it!!! <3

My guild members with smaller rosters (~2M GP) are a bit frustrated by the difficulty though, so maybe adding an easier tier would be nice? Though I'm sure they'll progress more than they currently think in two weeks' time, especially with all the special bonus they can get.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    ehraqmeuvfwe.png
    3i2mmtnxiqzp.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the above responses, they're all very polite and not just the "get better" ones that I expected
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    ehraqmeuvfwe.png
    3i2mmtnxiqzp.png

Don't forget about the modifiers. They seem to be the same as the ones in GCs.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    ehraqmeuvfwe.png
    3i2mmtnxiqzp.png

Yeah, these teams discounting the modifiers have stats already akin to their high relic counterparts. Still should be pretty doable considering the cards at our disposal.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    ehraqmeuvfwe.png
    3i2mmtnxiqzp.png

Yeah, these teams discounting the modifiers have stats already akin to their high relic counterparts. Still should be pretty doable considering the cards at our disposal.

Yes, the ability to basically build your own modifier is great. It's another level of strategyone can use to prepare for the difficult battles.
  • Options
    I think its fine to have GLs on Normal as long as they dont have ultimate.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They do. You can see that on the event screen.
  • Options

I know, Im just saying that it would be nice if they keep GLs in Normal but take away the ultimate and have ultimate in Hard only
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I know, Im just saying that it would be nice if they keep GLs in Normal but take away the ultimate and have ultimate in Hard only

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see that SEE in sector 4 has the ultimate too. I would expect it for the final boss of the whole normal difficulty, but the penultimate boss could just be a GL without ult. But at least we get the two GLs who can be dealt with before the ultimate starts to matter at all.
  • Options

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see that SEE in sector 4 has the ultimate too. I would expect it for the final boss of the whole normal difficulty, but the penultimate boss could just be a GL without ult. But at least we get the two GLs who can be dealt with before the ultimate starts to matter at all.

Agreed
  • Options

there are plenty of non-GL counters. You don't have to have one to beat one.
  • Options
    Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?

No.

Source?

https://swgohevents.com/news/conquest-beginners-guide

It says there is no bonus energy, not that there won't be. I was asking if there was a plan to add it in the future.
  • Options
    The feats for Traya on sector 1 are not displaying. Someone in my alliance has claimed that they only started to display for them once they had completed one of the feats unintentionally, making it an absolute wildcard for knowing how to 100% the first sector
  • Options
    5 mil GP player since about a month after launch. Did take a year or so break.

Thoughts.

Its fun, its hard. Confusing, can be hard to see what feats are left.

I want to use more of my roster but the Energy refresh seems so slow (i see its only 50 cry to refresh!!! Great) that i dont want to waste a team. Next i am seeing a lot of the same teams... then ewoks?!? More enemy diversity would be great.

14 days is a lot of dedication for what still appears to be lack luster rewards.

If we were opening crates as we progressed that seems like more of a motivation to get to that next crate, then just a overall reward for how far you made it when the timer ends.

I did love seeing g12 gear at a jawa point thank you.

We now have 5 energy refreshes to keep an eye on. Can we add a edit the top so we can bookmark the energys we want or heck fit them all up there.

Right now i like it, it is very SLOW, unless i buy energy. And def would be nice to have a easy level for lower players. Even normal seems scaled higher than i was expected and i am only on sector 2.

I would love to be able to click in the enemy and see speeds and stats. That is so important when choosing the right attack strat and not wasting energy.

Great job so far, its been several years now and usually
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The feats for Traya on sector 1 are not displaying. Someone in my alliance has claimed that they only started to display for them once they had completed one of the feats unintentionally, making it an absolute wildcard for knowing how to 100% the first sector

You have to tap the little arrows around "enemies" when you view the node. I would prefer them to be more visible too.
  • Options
    I literally can't even get to one crate with 3mil gp, this game mode caters to the people like Ahnald who have a huge roster with an abundance of relic 7 characters
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    I literally can't even get to one crate with 3mil gp, this game mode caters to the people like Ahnald who have a huge roster with an abundance of relic 7 characters

You have two weeks to work on that
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You have two weeks to work on that

Exactly. Ahnald beat the whole thing in what, 8 hours? He also has insane roster because he whales. This gamemode was not meant to beat all in one day. Hence the reason why its 2 weeks not a day.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Do the feats, in theory you need just one battle you can beat to get them. There is 45 keycards in event feats plus 15 in sector 1, that alone is almost enough for the first crate.