[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Options
    so now the clones vs slkr is nerfed ..... so what your saying is invest time and resources on toons at your own risk.... now go get cat and maul lmao how dumb would i be to spend another dollar on this game if we don't get what we pay for.... btw if you want cat and maul you need a gl lmao what a joke im done
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    skyguy4645 wrote: »
    so now the clones vs slkr is nerfed ..... so what your saying is invest time and resources on toons at your own risk.... now go get cat and maul lmao how dumb would i be to spend another dollar on this game if we don't get what we pay for.... btw if you want cat and maul you need a gl lmao what a joke im done

Didn't nerf clones, but improved the AI

Fives + Bariss under Rex Lead should still work imo
  • Options
    Clones vs SLKR is one of those counters that IMO really is unhealthy/unbalanced, in that it needs no legendary characters and not much other investment. Like Troopers vs SEE.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    One by one, week by week, the fixes will go out, and the pyramid structure they’re building will become more rigid
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    In light of the recent update to the Road Ahead, I just want to apologize to the player base for this post. I wasn't trying to get Traya (or Greedo of all people, LOL) nerfed, just trying to point out CG's inconsistencies. CG is obviously "listening", but their hearing sure is awfully selective.

Dear CG, since you're "listening": Traya's "Isolate" has always been pointlessly, terribly, uselessly bad against Raid Bosses (well okay, except for that one time, which you also nerfed!). Of all three raid reward characters, she's the most useless for actually battling raids, and always has been. If you're going to make Isolate work the same against GLs as it works against Raid Bosses, could you consider making it not be worthless against Raid Bosses in the first place?
  • Options
    Padme and CAT can take out GLs... why no nerf to that counter???

Waiting for people to spend their money 1st???

R8 that Padme, relic up that CAT a bit then stick it to them???

What are you guys waiting for???

If not now, how long will we have CAT b4 you nerf that Padme counter too???

give a real answer how long will this counter will be around b4 you take that away too.
    We need to know to measure our Return On Investment.
  • Options
    I understand the changes, but don’t Nerf Darth Vader! If there is one character that should be Uber powerful, it is him. He brings balance to the force! There were tons of Jedi and barely Sith. Yes, Lord Vader basically makes it only Yoda and Obi Wan for the Jedi and Darth Vader and the Emperor (using the original trilogy). So, yes Lord Vader should be powerful, but he did not become weaker as Darth Vader, he became stronger with the force, as his body was shattered!

DONT NERF DARTH VADER!
  • Options
    i dare you to nerf the Padme/Cat counter to gls...

bet you won't.... :)

because this is not about defense mods and balance

it's about money and you don't want to nerf Padme/CAT counter until you cash out on her 1st

prove us wrong nerf the counter
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

"Updated AI to no longer withhold Special 2 Ability and Ultimate Ability when Fives is present unless General Skywalker is the enemy leader." lol dont lie to us stop, they screwed this counter but won't touch Padme/CAT counter to GLs because they havent cashed out yet

CG wants that money 1st b4 they strip that counter from us too.

how long until padme/Cat counter to GLs is "fixed"? why not now as well?? fits the guidelines you guys are going by so nerf it!! or call it what it is (a money grab)
  • Options
    These changes seems less about improving balance or anything like that.
    Its a way to kill the game by forcing away new or fairly new players and in the same time suck the last money of the whales.
    In one year there will be an message about the lack of a new players, some time after that they will turn of the servers and the game will cease to exist.

I played some similar games in the past and they had exactly this life arc, after some time the developers started to make changes that was hugely impopular to the big user base. Then they launched their new game and shortly after they either sold the game to a company they run the servers for a while or just shut them down.

I don’t like to be gloomy but this looks like the end of this game, it sure was fun as long as it lasted though.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Its a way to kill the game by forcing away new or fairly new players and in the same time suck the last money of the whales.
    In one year there will be an message about the lack of a new players, some time after that they will turn of the servers and the game will cease to exist.

I played some similar games in the past and they had exactly this life arc, after some time the developers started to make changes that was hugely impopular to the big user base. Then they launched their new game and shortly after they either sold the game to a company they run the servers for a while or just shut them down.

I don’t like to be gloomy but this looks like the end of this game, it sure was fun as long as it lasted though.

This post has been made as long as I have been playing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    cant use non-gl counters to gls (unless its Padme/cat because they are not finished getting paid yet)
    nerfs to key toons everyone invested time money and resources into
    everything you invest in this game is subject to change to the benefit of CG

But:
    won't fix GAC matchups
    won't fix TW matchups (will cause players to lose their guilds)
    won't fix gear grinds
    won't fix relic grinds
    won't fix arena climbs
    won't fix game freezings

got it

everyone is foolish to keep investing in this company in my opinion.
    CG does not take care of its consumers and is only interested in enriching themselves.
    CG will not see another $ from me until its customers are treated fairly.
    if GL owners and non-gl owners, Whales, and f2p players alike overwhelmingly agree this is bad why is this voice not being heard?
    because the change is not meant for players to benefit it's meant for CG to benefit. simple as that
  • LordDirt
    5062 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sooner or later it will come true. Just a matter of time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Broken clock and all that
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    cant use non-gl counters to gls (unless its Padme/cat because they are not finished getting paid yet)
    nerfs to key toons everyone invested time money and resources into
    everything you invest in this game is subject to change to the benefit of CG

But:
    won't fix GAC matchups
    won't fix TW matchups (will cause players to lose their guilds)
    won't fix gear grinds
    won't fix relic grinds
    won't fix arena climbs
    won't fix game freezings

got it

everyone is foolish to keep investing in this company in my opinion.
    CG does not take care of its consumers and is only interested in enriching themselves.
    CG will not see another $ from me until its customers are treated fairly.
    if GL owners and non-gl owners, Whales, and f2p players alike overwhelmingly agree this is bad why is this voice not being heard?
    because the change is not meant for players to benefit it's meant for CG to benefit. simple as that

I thought you were done?
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Also many of those things don't need fixing sorry.
  • Options

if gls can be the only ones to counter gls 1 guild has 10 gls another has 11 gls who wins?
    in gac if 1 team has 0 gls the other has 1 who wins?
    if you dont think relic mats need fixing your a whale
    if you dont think gear grinds need fixing your a whale
    you think its fair non gl owners get less rewards in the arena? For example, non-gl owners can rank top 10 or 20 now will be ranked below 100 fair?
    your game doesnt freeze? pretty sure thats universal

• TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options

if gls can be the only ones to counter gls 1 guild has 10 gls another has 11 gls who wins?
    you think its fair non gl owners get less rewards in the arena? For example, non-gl owners can rank top 10 or 20 now will be ranked below 100 fair?

Ha
  • Options
    more changes...

more nerfs on characters instead of designing better buffs or abilities for GLs..

for shame.
  • Options
    Cool more nerfs lol. Oh boy…
  • Options

Broken clock and all that

Relax the new ship will take 2 years to grind 😝

• Options

Yup. The history of SWGOH is CG making the wrong decision the vast majority of the time, but we all stick around because the Star Wars IP has us by the cajones.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Thanks @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI (not you personally) when the original nerfs were announced, for the first time in 6 years I legitimately contemplated quitting, now all those feelings I had just gotten over have been resurfaced.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Please hear us. I know it must feel ungrateful when you think those moves are best for the game but you always said you ll listen to players feedback. Instead of softening the blow somehow, you are adding another counter nerf to the list.

So it only means you are going all the way with this, it only make sense not to do it partially. I still agree to say it’s a shame and disrespect to a wide base of players

A small minority expresses itself here but even like that I see a vast majority of comment going against this particular move (and the gear crunch that must be rebalanced). You got 31 likes on your RA and thousands of comments generally leaning against it...

Please, acknowledged that and let us know more on this decision or the possibility of a change.

• Options

LOLOLOL whatever kool-aid you're drinking, please send me a gallon
  • Options

Ummm... gonna need some proof for a claim this outlandish.

I rather prefer this type of "nerf" via buff rather than the first round changes. Hiwever, this doesn't negate that there are likely folks out there that pushed members of that squad extra far to make the counter work. It's outrageous, imo, that CG isn't offering some serious make goods for the impacts of these changes.
  • Options
    Coran_Horn wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Please hear us. I know it must feel ungrateful when you think those moves are best for the game but you always said you ll listen to players feedback. Instead of softening the blow somehow, you are adding another counter nerf to the list.

So it only means you are going all the way with this, it only make sense not to do it partially. I still agree to say it’s a shame and disrespect to a wide base of players

A small minority expresses itself here but even like that I see a vast majority of comment going against this particular move (and the gear crunch that must be rebalanced). You got 31 likes on your RA and thousands of comments generally leaning against it...

Please, acknowledged that and let us know more on this decision or the possibility of a change.

Dude, this isn't a discussion. It's a place for us to vent and bang our heads against the walls. Unless revenue is impacted--highly unlikely, imo.
  • Options
    Coran_Horn wrote: »

Dude, this isn't a discussion. It's a place for us to vent and bang our heads against the walls. Unless revenue is impacted--highly unlikely, imo.

Let me at least hope it could be. We all gain to speak our mind, so if the game is a run-off, or they have another deeper meaning, I d love to know... I can try to get an answer and I still hope to.

Don’t come banging your head close to mine xD
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options

sry, but even as a guild having one more GL than the other, doesnt mean you win. some GLs are just bad modded or geared, so yes, sometime it can happen u need 2 battles for a GL even with a GL .... shocking news i guess.....

my game didnt freeze. no one single time. i play since ~4 years.

i know, everybody hopes this thread will be read and somebody listens to us but to be honest, i dont think it will happen. some replies from the mods. ok.
    replies from the devs? no way. this is a business for them, no businessman will respond to the normal people.
    there are always the people from costum service who are getting yelled at.
    go and buy somethin from IKEA - if somethin is wrong, where to go?

Yes, i am also hoping these changes wont happen, but you still have to think over: it is STAR WARS. do you really think anything will change?
    it is such a huge fan base out there, that this game has potential to survive like forever.
    even with that changes.

Main Problem is: they didnt knew which impact GLs would have for the game, so they try to fix it afterwards. and fixing something afterwards is a always a problem. not only for programmers, main problem is the customer.
    "what?? your are stealing something from me u gave me for free?? what a bunch of douchebags!" - *raising forks*

how many people does these changes really effect?

whales? dont really think, they have all GLs
    krakens/dolphins? could be, but there is also no problem for me
    F2P? yes, if you have bloated your roster, facing someone with GLs by having none.

i am at 4.5 MioGP having JML as my one and only GL. JMK is nearly done ( nearly = 1 or 2 months; depending on crystal income )
    i never faced somebody in GAC with two GLs.
    Arena Shard: yes, full of whales. JMK everywhere in the first week with R8 and KAM. Now with CATs.
    FleetShard: everyday Top, often Rank 1. will be interesting with Executor coming to the table.
    TW: my guild carries me, because i just joined them. with 4.5 MioGP i am among the last 10 Members.
    Everything else in this game: it is PVE based, so there wont be an issue. the only part where it becomes interesting is Conquest Mode. the last two times i got the max crate with one GL. kinda feels like i wont be able to do that anymore, but we will see.

and for new players: just startet a 3rd account for fun. and yes it is totally fun! the changes which where made for new players are huge! way more fun now playing this game as a new player.

and for whales or Meta Players it will be always the highest priority getting the newest shiny toon.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options

Ummm... gonna need some proof for a claim this outlandish.
    How is it outlandish? The current comp works

SLKR AI vs 501st Clones + Bariss is unchanged

So no reason to assume it won't work anymore

SLKR will still basic the heck out of fives, nothing about this interaction is changed

The comp works against r8 SLKR currently, assuming r9 is very good for tanks, a r9 SLKR shouldn't come close to killing fives, and the counter will perform better in the future

As long as SLKR keeps spamming basic and stun special, your other 501st clones are safe to kill SLKR