Executor unlock method concerns.. Confirmed

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    It's the same with every release, you will have much fun in the years to come.

Character releases are better, that's more like "you will have much fun in half a year or so". But it seems that horrible, long farms are a standard for capital ships. Which is baffling, considering that one way to help with the situation ships are in right now would be to add a lot of ships fast to diversify our options.
  • Options
    I thought it would have been a 7* released, GL style. But then, it would have been possible to fully unlock the beast day one without spending crystals (except maybe a dozen 50 crystals fleet energy refreshes to finish razor crest, but as it’s the cheapest way to get some fleet node gear, it’s not a real cost), when for GLs, we have to spend crystals because there is at least one marquee character involved, which would cost a little less than 20 000 crystals to be ready day one (only 2-3 weeks of ‘free farming for mothma and bokatan, if i remember correctly, so about 250 shards missing). So… mandatory crystal spending for a day one ‘full unlock’ seems about right, if she’s the juggernaut she’s supposed to be.
  • Options
    Didn't they call it a journey guide advanced fleet mastery? Leads me to believe after 1 year it might join the journey guide as always there... So if you aren't accelerating it to get it to 7* early (I plan on whaling tbh, I think my easy 1st in fleet arena every day and gac domination will return 25k worth of crystals over the year) idk if it will be worth accelerating at all, but time will tell.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno how/what do you know? I've gotten lost in the argument.

That despite any math on the launch rate of this event that it will not take 2 years for a player to 7* this ship.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rhydia wrote: »

He speaks just for the sake of speaking. He knows nothing. Never has, never will.

You're funny, have you met TVF? You may have us confused.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That despite any math on the launch rate of this event that it will not take 2 years for a player to 7* this ship.

That was the "what" part, now please proceed to the "how". All hard facts at this point lead to the 2 year timeline, anything else is speculation.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options

He speaks just for the sake of speaking. He knows nothing. Never has, never will.

Wow
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Looks like someone just revealed what he truly thinks about TVF..

Whoopsie!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Stokat
    831 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Whoopsie!

Who Kyno? Never!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Whoopsie!

I love TVF. For one, he can take a joke. :wink:

But also, he is the chaotic neutral of the forum, no real side.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That was the "what" part, now please proceed to the "how". All hard facts at this point lead to the 2 year timeline, anything else is speculation.

I am using general understanding and knowledge of the game and past events to reinforce an understanding about this event, that has been gained over time.

Why?, you may ask... there are times where players get caught up on a particular point of information presented and they dont get a direct response to this as the official sources can not confirm or deny certain aspects of things. I am merely trying to express that this point may not be exactly what it seems, even when no official response can be given at this time.

Please feel free to dismiss this at any time, as this information is not predicated on your belief in its factuality.

I was merely pointing out, that yes the math based on the release information does work out to 2 years, but that doesn't mean it will be. Reven might be on in the ball park but that is also just speculation, and is therefore is going to be a large range to cover more bases. Either way we are not going to get a direct answer on the length of time this farm will be, at this time, if ever.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I am using general understanding and knowledge of the game and past events to reinforce an understanding about this event, that has been gained over time.

Why?, you may ask... there are times where players get caught up on a particular point of information presented and they dont get a direct response to this as the official sources can not confirm or deny certain aspects of things. I am merely trying to express that this point may not be exactly what it seems, even when no official response can be given at this time.

Please feel free to dismiss this at any time, as this information is not predicated on your belief in its factuality.

I was merely pointing out, that yes the math based on the release information does work out to 2 years, but that doesn't mean it will be. Reven might be on in the ball park but that is also just speculation, and is therefore is going to be a large range to cover more bases. Either way we are not going to get a direct answer on the length of time this farm will be, at this time, if ever.

With this I can agree, it may (or may not) turn out differently. We can debate how likely it is, but that would be mostly pointless as any analogy with existing events will be flawed. It's just that you claimed to actually know that it will be shorter, and such claim should be accompanied by evidence.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Whoopsie!

So which one do you truly mean?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Whoopsie!

So which one do you truly mean?

por que no los dos
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options

Whoopsie!

disagree, but he can take a joke.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

Ah, so you don't actually know. You are assuming, based on events that hold no bearing on this one. Good to know where your reasoning and logic are coming from.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Ah, so you don't actually know. You are assuming, based on events that hold no bearing on this one. Good to know where your reasoning and logic are coming from.

I can neither confirm nor deny, but as I said feel free to disregard.
  • Options
    As usual this will be a crystals vs time situation:

Expect it once a month for the first few months, then shift to every 15 days like the other fleet mastery events.

Three/two 1/2 vaults will get you 7 * Executor in the first two months. Extend time as you reduce the crystals willing to be spent.

It'll take about a year F2P if you get into the event immediately upon release.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Expect it once a month for the first few months, then shift to every 15 days like the other fleet mastery events.

Three/two 1/2 vaults will get you 7 * Executor in the first two months. Extend time as you reduce the crystals willing to be spent.

Why would you expect it to speed up? They never sped up the first 3.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    All I know is that once I meet the requirements for Executor, it will take me 24 months to 7* the ship without spending any crystals on refreshing the bonus tier

Got lost with what the back and forth has been about for the past page
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Got lost with what the back and forth has been about for the past page
    Tl;dr : 2 years except if anything changes until then.
  • Options
    They could always make some changes to the event - first attempt 4*, second attempt 5*, third attempt 6* and everyone after that for 10 shards per so free to play unlocks in a year, crystal to accelerate. Maybe not that exact format but certainly feasible
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Why would you expect it to speed up? They never sped up the first 3.

Finalizer and Raddus happen every 15 days. Thats 20 shards per Month. I'm not sure how long CG will keep it 'buyable only', but it *probably* will end up on the cadence of the Raddus/Finalizer.
  • Options

Well done Kyno. Now people who would have otherwise invested the crystals will not anymore because the frequency of the event can apparently be whatever. It would just feel too bad to fall for yet another bait and switch. If they want more people to spend crystals for the thing I suggest CG comes clean about the actual frequency of the event.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    str2019 wrote: »

Well done Kyno. Now people who would have otherwise invested the crystals will not anymore because the frequency of the event can apparently be whatever. It would just feel too bad to fall for yet another bait and switch. If they want more people to spend crystals for the thing I suggest CG comes clean about the actual frequency of the event.

There will be loads of crystals spent day one anyway. Although it would definitely be nice to have information about future plans, since the game is all about planning ahead...
  • Options
    Absolutely insulting cadence for a capital ship with GL requirements (arguably higher than 3 of the GLs). If they had locked the ultimate behind tickets ALA the GL ult system to motivate energy spending that would have been understandable. At least when you spend energy on GL tickets, you get something from the energy spent. To have these gearing requirements and then ask for another $150 in crystals to 7* it or to wait for 1-2 years while being disadvantaged in mirrors and TW/ GAC is a slap in the face, especially to those who already spent to gear up the requirements to include two R8s.

All this in a game mode that has been criminally undersupported, to include not having tanks nor even full fleets for the last two capital ships released.

Disgusting.
  • LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    Is this correct?

We unlock the Executor are 4* and then the bonus tier which gives us 10 shards.
    We will then be able to refresh the event 19 times for 190 shards.
    That would put us 50 shards short of 7*, right?

How many shards are in the Raddus and Finalizer packs and how many times can we buy them? Is it even possible to 7* the ship day one?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Is this correct?

We unlock the Executor are 4* and then the bonus tier which gives us 10 shards.
    We will then be able to refresh the event 19 times for 190 shards.
    That would put us 50 shards short of 7*, right?

How many shards are in the Raddus and Finalizer packs and how many times can we buy them? Is it even possible to 7* the ship day one?

if i recall correctly, the packs are 15 shards for 1299 crystals. But i'm not 100% certain on that. i remember doing the math at one point and finding the packs were better value than refreshing the node, which is 10 for 999 crystals though
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    I don't recall for sure either but I think it was 10/1299. They would make you pay more to skip doing the battles.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't recall for sure either but I think it was 10/1299. They would make you pay more to skip doing the battles.

And skip prerequisites, if I remember correctly. Which will not be possible with executor: no prerequisites, no pack.