Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    Despite what you may think, the reason for this change has to do with how that mechanic interacted with r9, and the goals there.

Unless somehow we will be able to go from R7 to R9 without getting any R8 materials and there will be a feasible mechanism for getting R9 materials that doesn't involve spending hundreds of dollars per toon, many of the people affected by the changes won't be getting any R9 for several years if ever.

That has always been true as each new gesr level is introduced, some players will take longer to get it than others. What has also always been true is that new needed elements to get each new level are offered in more ways/locations as time goes by.

Just to be clear there are f2p players with r8 characters, right now.

your statement misleading the intent and is to broad of a statement for the technical nitpicking of wording that is enforced on this forum.

When was R1-R7 materials restricted to an Raid or an 2 week event (once a month, if it isn't bugged) that now is looking to be even more difficult to achieve the same rewards?

Let's put the cards on the table, Kyno, you don't like these proposed changes to Conquest and R8 materials ARE restricted to an unfair degree than the previous Relic levels.

I would say that relics introduction was actually handled well and was rolled out in a decent fashion, but still restricted by farming signal data. That being the outlier of all previous new tiers added. At that time and even still now the gate is at closing out g13. Which was gated and has been slowly expanded, in the fashion I mentioned above.

Yes, end game materials are restricted, I wouldnt go as far as saying unfairly, as we have 2 separate game modes with a guild and personal path, and we are all subject to the same rules.

No I do not like the way the new Conquest looks. That being said, I dont like it because it looks like less fun, requiring more time (and not rewarding us for our time). I have no issue with the rewards structure itself, just wish that the 3-5× more engagement was met with some commensurate multiplier of reward quantities. I have no problem with not being able to make max rewards without changes to my development strategy and it taking time to do so.

I understand that changes like this will definitely push some people out of getting those r8 materials (maybe myself included), but if other rewards were increased allowing us to develop to points lower than that faster, I would be ok with all of this.

Also, my response is to someone who thinks that it will take years for players to get to r9, "if ever". That is misleading, as there are many f2p out there that have r8 and many GLs and probably even some on target to get LV. I was just trying to point that out to bring this back to a level of reality that is seen by the players.

Yes newer players have a long road ahead of them and more than older ones, and this is part of that perspective. We all know some want to "catch up", but as it took older players to get where they are, it may take years for some to get where they want to get to. That is the pace of the game, and despite what newer players think, they have a much more robust base income than older players did to get to the same place and can do so with many fewer toons soaking up materials.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

I understand their reasoning.

But it seems as though LV is the main driver of those change. Reading through Maul's kit, he was probably getting destroyed in their testing.

After seeing the over-corrections they made, they would have just been better off with continuing the power creep on GLs. JMK was already not being beaten by non-GLs. Apparently they couldn't find a better solution for LV/Maul.

The way the handle GAS being able to beat Rey will pretty much confirm whether or not they were specifically protecting LV

Not from any understanding I have of the situation, but I'm not here to convince you of anything.
  • Options
    "Just to be clear there are f2p players with r8 characters, right now."

And that was thought to be a bad thing for the game so they have changed Conquest so that won't be the case in the future.

And now there is a bundle for R8 relic materials. $50 for 50% of what you need. You give us a $100 and we promise you bug-filled software that will make your investment worthless.

Because there are no f2p in guilds completing CRancor?

You need like 100 GL’s for CPIT, do you not?

Can’t image there are many FTP guilds there. There maybe a few FTP players in guilds that do CPIT.

In the MMO world we call that a carry 😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »

And that was thought to be a bad thing for the game so they have changed Conquest so that won't be the case in the future.

And now there is a bundle for R8 relic materials. $50 for 50% of what you need. You give us a $100 and we promise you bug-filled software that will make your investment worthless.

Can’t image there are many FTP guilds there. There maybe a few FTP players in guilds that do CPIT.

I think you underestimate the makeup of guilds, especially when it comes to older players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

But it seems as though LV is the main driver of those change. Reading through Maul's kit, he was probably getting destroyed in their testing.

After seeing the over-corrections they made, they would have just been better off with continuing the power creep on GLs. JMK was already not being beaten by non-GLs. Apparently they couldn't find a better solution for LV/Maul.

The way the handle GAS being able to beat Rey will pretty much confirm whether or not they were specifically protecting LV

Not from any understanding I have of the situation, but I'm not here to convince you of anything.

I mean the timing is suspect. We get these changes announced along with LV. Why not announce it before? It's not like it's something they just figured out that they should address if they indeed were boxing themselves in.

They also didn't address every counter. Grevious and DR can still beat JMLS. Nothing was changed related to those.

With certain unintended interactions excluded, they never had a problem with the available counters before. So again suspect timing. More so after Maul's kit reveal.

We got these changes around the announcement of r9, and at the same time as getting the changes to GLs being pushed towards "raid boss status" and their own tier.

I would suspect that counter will be addressed if they hit the points they stated.
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Despite what you may think, the reason for this change has to do with how that mechanic interacted with r9, and the goals there.

Unless somehow we will be able to go from R7 to R9 without getting any R8 materials and there will be a feasible mechanism for getting R9 materials that doesn't involve spending hundreds of dollars per toon, many of the people affected by the changes won't be getting any R9 for several years if ever.

That has always been true as each new gesr level is introduced, some players will take longer to get it than others. What has also always been true is that new needed elements to get each new level are offered in more ways/locations as time goes by.

Just to be clear there are f2p players with r8 characters, right now.

your statement misleading the intent and is to broad of a statement for the technical nitpicking of wording that is enforced on this forum.

When was R1-R7 materials restricted to an Raid or an 2 week event (once a month, if it isn't bugged) that now is looking to be even more difficult to achieve the same rewards?

Let's put the cards on the table, Kyno, you don't like these proposed changes to Conquest and R8 materials ARE restricted to an unfair degree than the previous Relic levels.

I would say that relics introduction was actually handled well and was rolled out in a decent fashion, but still restricted by farming signal data. That being the outlier of all previous new tiers added. At that time and even still now the gate is at closing out g13. Which was gated and has been slowly expanded, in the fashion I mentioned above.

Yes, end game materials are restricted, I wouldnt go as far as saying unfairly, as we have 2 separate game modes with a guild and personal path, and we are all subject to the same rules.

No I do not like the way the new Conquest looks. That being said, I dont like it because it looks like less fun, requiring more time (and not rewarding us for our time). I have no issue with the rewards structure itself, just wish that the 3-5× more engagement was met with some commensurate multiplier of reward quantities. I have no problem with not being able to make max rewards without changes to my development strategy and it taking time to do so.

I understand that changes like this will definitely push some people out of getting those r8 materials (maybe myself included), but if other rewards were increased allowing us to develop to points lower than that faster, I would be ok with all of this.

Also, my response is to someone who thinks that it will take years for players to get to r9, "if ever". That is misleading, as there are many f2p out there that have r8 and many GLs and probably even some on target to get LV. I was just trying to point that out to bring this back to a level of reality that is seen by the players.

Yes newer players have a long road ahead of them and more than older ones, and this is part of that perspective. We all know some want to "catch up", but as it took older players to get where they are, it may take years for some to get where they want to get to. That is the pace of the game, and despite what newer players think, they have a much more robust base income than older players did to get to the same place and can do so with many fewer toons soaking up materials.

thank you for the clarification.. I appreciate that.
    I agree mostly with you.

perhaps even this:
    "I understand that changes like this will definitely push some people out of getting those r8 materials (maybe myself included), but if other rewards were increased allowing us to develop to points lower than that faster, I would be ok with all of this. "

BUT the problem is that it is relying on that "if other rewards were increased.."

We don't know that, you don't know that, and CG refuses to address this, and all we have is an "IF?" How can one play a game and plan on managing resources we have in our collection game if the rewards don't meet the work involved???

with not enough bait, we ain't grabbing the hook,
    it's poor Game Design and the Community as a majority ain't havin' it!
  • Options

No you don't that many. We were beating it with maybe 30 to 40 in our guild. PH4 a little messy but overall don't need a ton of GLs.
  • Options
    Over nerfed Vader. Killed 1/3 of WAT’s viability. Killed GAS’ damage outside of a 501st team. Hurt JKL’s damage output. JML gets hurt indirectly by these changes and even if R9 helps him, that’s a kraken solution, and not one available for those who have already highly invested with him. Something something GL’s require high investments and shouldn’t be trivialized? Hmmm

How to summarize these changes? Junk.

How to summarize the upcoming changes to conquest? Junk.

How to summarize the lack of response to this dumpster fire? Par is the course, otherwise known as junk.
  • Options

I would think they are few and far between and due to the nerfs even less chance of that. Our guild is not completely ftp, but mostly is and we are a long way from completing CRancor. We are still a few months away from getting 7* Wat, which seems to be required for many of the useful squads. But now with the nerfs that might not do the trick.

I and many in my guild are F2P, and we've been completing cRancor since it was a logistical nightmare that required everyone to be on discord and all start their runs at the same time. It's all about choices and patience as a F2P. You can't have each new shiny thing, but you make do, find counters/comps that allow you to still climb, and take your shots when you can. (I only got Rey, skipped Kylo, only got JML skipped SEE, and hoarded for JMK and Executor, now likely going to have to skip LV for the next big meta shakeup) I don't get the luxury of, for example, taking Nest to relics for a better D team in GAC because my farming priorities are saving/ farming marquees for GLs and building teams that help my guild in the latest guild v E content.

Also, few teams in the cRancor use wat.
    ImWm6qo.png
  • Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Shnel wrote: »
    1. We need to remove ignore defense because it unbalances health of the game.
    - remove health reduce mechanism, fracture, nerf vader damage along with ignore def from jkl, gas, wat and other changes
    - next add a new char with ignore defense. So much for health of the game.
    2. Gear economy is bad. Just lock conquest behind stupid feats to not get even the crappy reward available. Also lock arenas rewards behind the new metas.
    3. Send community managers in forums to call us stupid because we need to ltp the game. The update is great they keep telling, it's us who need to be creative on what to do with chars hitting for 10k crit damage.

Criticism is nice, but it should be based on facts.

Maul does not ignore defense. JKL and Gas together with critical damage set and 0 armor did 150k+ critical hits. Maul does true damage (never crits).
    Metas change and so does the Arena and Fleet - some people actually need to pay for a game, else it gets shut down. See this however you want, but a staff and server do cost money.

I personally do not like the Thrawn change, but I can live with the JKL + Gas change. JML lead maybe should be maden immune to fear as a follow up to the nerfs to Jkl, Gas and Wat. The new Vader I will need to test, but I assume he will work just as before. The most people I fought anyways placed Rey in a way he was never doable with Vader...so no change there.

You apologists can get over yourselves with the "they need to make money, no profit means no pay for their employees and no more game."

They've made insane amounts of profit off this game since it's inception. More than enough, in fact, that they could comfortably pay the dev staff for probably the next 5 years, then add in their operating costs, and they'd still be making a mint off this investment if no one spent another dime on the game. These changes are horrible, and I'm one of the many who's now closed off my wallet permanently until the game rides off into the sunset.

And, I'll never buy or play another CG, or EA, game again as long as I live. The taste of rancid greed isn't something easily forgotten.
  • Options
    We went for SLKR and not Rey for the most part in our guild and that appears to be part of our problem with cPit according to those charts. We also don't have NS at relic level either. So, the only approved Phase 1 squad we have is Padme. So, cPit is pretty much completely out of our reach unless we do a total change.

As far as "few teams in the cRancor use wat" - those that do are the listed as the high % ones, 15% with Rey, 15% with SLKR, and 10% with DV.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I mean the timing is suspect. We get these changes announced along with LV. Why not announce it before? It's not like it's something they just figured out that they should address if they indeed were boxing themselves in.

They also didn't address every counter. Grevious and DR can still beat JMLS. Nothing was changed related to those.

With certain unintended interactions excluded, they never had a problem with the available counters before. So again suspect timing. More so after Maul's kit reveal.

We got these changes around the announcement of r9, and at the same time as getting the changes to GLs being pushed towards "raid boss status" and their own tier.

I would suspect that counter will be addressed if they hit the points they stated.

But based on their reasoning, they shouldn't pick and chose which counters to eliminate.

If part of their goal is to make GLs a cut above the rest then they need to be consistent and eliminate all non-GL counters.

I agree, but there is a line between works and RNG fest. So there may end up being teams that ride that line, and it may not get touched. There is also the bar they have set of low investment, which may be another consideration over time.
  • Options
    I put my "conspiracy theory" hat on, and I came up with:

The wanted to nerf the OT and PT characters in favor of the ST characters.

Take down: Darth Vader, Wat, Gen Skywalker, and JK Luke

Prop up: SE Emperor, SL Kylo, Rey, JM Luke

I may not be 100% correct, but it does look suspicious.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Does it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I think you underestimate the makeup of guilds, especially when it comes to older players.

We prefer the term "veteran players". ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    t78nkbphui4z.jpeg
  • Options
    Please UN-nerf VADER. It’s the right thing to do which ever way you look at it. Thanks.
  • DocBottine
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Please UN-nerf VADER. It’s the right thing to do which ever way you look at it. ALL Players - Whales - F2P - Game - Devs - CG - EA - Disney - LucasFilm. The reasons, rational and emotional are endless. Peace.
  • Options
    I keep wanting to post my frustrations but I haven’t even bothered recently. You can see that CG doesn’t listen. I lead a guild over 330M and I have trouble caring about the issues because I don’t trust CG to fix them.

If they want to keep the player base they should roll back the nerfs when the final bring Conquest back (assuming they do bring Conquest back).
  • Options
    I think it’s pretty obvious that CG are going to be hard pressed to find a single player that agrees with this nerf….couple this with the recent conquest “changes” to make it a more “enjoyable challenge”, the conquest that was bugged to oblivion, incorrect shard rates for MM and Admiral Piett. Well it’s fair to say that this is new low by even CGs low standards.

All the while they are saying “Get excited people LV is just around the corner so get those credit cards primed!”

Personally I’m pretty confident the nerf is in fact due to protecting LV, I expect current Vader/Wat could cause grief and GAS/JKL teamed with JML was destroying LV. But your nerf has impacted other aspects of the game.

CG I know you think little of your player base, but for the sake of this game can you please take a little time out and do some reflection as a company, your obsession with making more money is at the obvious detriment to the quality of the product you are pushing.
  • Options

But based on their reasoning, they shouldn't pick and chose which counters to eliminate.

If part of their goal is to make GLs a cut above the rest then they need to be consistent and eliminate all non-GL counters.

I agree, but there is a line between works and RNG fest. So there may end up being teams that ride that line, and it may not get touched. There is also the bar they have set of low investment, which may be another consideration over time.

You mean like low investment GAS?
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »

yduv4i1vy3gl.png

I mean, he’s hitting 8800 damage! And is critting for 20k! I mean it’s like a 80% reduction in damage but cmon, what more do you want from such a low investment lol.
  • Options
    This is turning in to my Vietnam.

I’ll be getting flashbacks about this week for the rest of my life. Every time someone says ‘update’ I’ll end up on the floor in the foetal position, uncontrollably shaking.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Compared to GLs, yes. And I should have said lower, not low.
  • Options

Compared to GLs, yes. And I should have said lower, not low.

I wasn't planning on going for GAS any time in the next couple years so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but didn't the changes to his kit impact performance against all squads not just GLs? He is one of the 3 highest investment toons outside GLs and the nerf doesn't seem like it reflects that to me (from that perspective the nerf to Vader is probably more "reasonable" even though for non-gameplay reasons that change was going to be even less popular).