GAC “Make good” lol

Replies

• Options
    i cannot believe i just read almost 8 pages of this nonsense. that is time that i will not get back, it is not irrelevant, and i demand compensation and justice.
  • Options
    StewartH wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    We wouldn’t be so frustrated if they didn’t make GAC our main source of crystals instead of arena.

We were told there would be minimal disruption to our income due to this switch from Squad Arena to GAC, but as this “make good” shows, they are misleading everyone.

Did you forget about this statement, CG? The minimal change in crystal income you said we’d experience due to the change to GAC?

For those of us in K1 who used to take 1st in arena every day, that’s turned out to be a crock of ****. This “make good” only reiterates that.

If you are in K1 you are earning more crystals than you used to just by winning half the time

That’s true, except for the week in question where we didn’t get any rewards.

Don’t you guys see that if the next GAC is delayed a week, we’ll still be missing a week of rewards?

Rewards shifted and rewards missing are two different things. we would be missing a week of rewards if they cancelled the final week

im not saying if 1k + 1k is too high or too low, i dont have the brain space to calculate it - but rewards arent missing

Would you think the same if your boss tells you that your salary gets paid a month delayed? And all following salaries will follow the usual monthly cadence? Would you still say you didn't lose a month's worth of money, it is just delayed but eventually it will get paid? Only difference is, GAC was delayed by a week, not a month

is my boss giving me a bonus to make up for the delay?

Actually he is. But as you are paid for effort, you feel like he is paying you less than you would have gained for a regular working month.

so "feel like" then

is it actually less or it just feels that way

The point that keeps getting missed: you "invest" your crystals in your characters and that investment allows you to clear more content, open new content and earn better rewards. Any delay there can never be made back.

if it can never be made back then how woiuld cg properly compensate everyone

That's exactly my point and why anyone suggesting compensation isn't necessary is missing that key point.
    The difference from one tier to another could be a handful of kyros and zetas that you can't get back. CG gave us 1000 store currency to make that up as best they could. I'm not commenting on the amount of compensation, I'm saying anyone suggesting delayed rewards is irrelevant is mistaken.

i dont think people are saying its irrelevant i think theyre saying the compensation compensates for it
    hello
  • Options
    We wouldn’t be so frustrated if they didn’t make GAC our main source of crystals instead of arena.

We were told there would be minimal disruption to our income due to this switch from Squad Arena to GAC, but as this “make good” shows, they are misleading everyone.

Did you forget about this statement, CG? The minimal change in crystal income you said we’d experience due to the change to GAC?

For those of us in K1 who used to take 1st in arena every day, that’s turned out to be a crock of ****. This “make good” only reiterates that.

If you are in K1 you are earning more crystals than you used to just by winning half the time

Don’t you guys see that if the next GAC is delayed a week, we’ll still be missing a week of rewards?

Rewards shifted and rewards missing are two different things. we would be missing a week of rewards if they cancelled the final week

im not saying if 1k + 1k is too high or too low, i dont have the brain space to calculate it - but rewards arent missing

Would you think the same if your boss tells you that your salary gets paid a month delayed? And all following salaries will follow the usual monthly cadence? Would you still say you didn't lose a month's worth of money, it is just delayed but eventually it will get paid? Only difference is, GAC was delayed by a week, not a month

Actually he is. But as you are paid for effort, you feel like he is paying you less than you would have gained for a regular working month.

so "feel like" then

The point that keeps getting missed: you "invest" your crystals in your characters and that investment allows you to clear more content, open new content and earn better rewards. Any delay there can never be made back.

That's exactly my point and why anyone suggesting compensation isn't necessary is missing that key point.
    The difference from one tier to another could be a handful of kyros and zetas that you can't get back. CG gave us 1000 store currency to make that up as best they could. I'm not commenting on the amount of compensation, I'm saying anyone suggesting delayed rewards is irrelevant is mistaken.

i dont think people are saying its irrelevant i think theyre saying the compensation compensates for it

Compensation doesn't compensate for a fraction of what was lost much less delays.

But everyone knows that.
  • Options
    Dreapool wrote: »

so "feel like" then

Compensation doesn't compensate for a fraction of what was lost much less delays.

But everyone knows that.

Good thing nothing was lost then. Not sure why not everyone knows that.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well actually we did not miss any reward from cancelled GAC as the restarted the missing two events. In fact we got additional reward from round 1 of the cancelled event. There just is a delay in WHEN we get our reward. So people who would be promoted had some days with fewer daily crystals whereas people close to demotion benefitted from still getting more crystals.

The only damage is for those who would have needed these crystals for executor event, who now have to wait another month.

". There is an abandoned week now in GAC. It's not being "made up" in the next one.

You're right, but you're also wrong. It's not being made up in the next one. It's in the one after that. After 3 GAC's we're back on regular schedule because CG is eliminating the down week between the next two GAC. So at the 4th GAC we're at parity. The 3rd GAC would have started on March 28th w/o the delay in this one, and it still should start on that date.

Unless the 'There will be a shorter than usual break between seasons' note in the scheduling change only refers to the Feb event starting a couple days less than a week after the completion of the reschedule. That would be a mistake and upsets the calendar for the whole year.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    1000 crystals? Lol
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

so "feel like" then

But everyone knows that.

Good thing nothing was lost then. Not sure why not everyone knows that.

Ok, Jon Snow
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Well actually we did not miss any reward from cancelled GAC as the restarted the missing two events. In fact we got additional reward from round 1 of the cancelled event. There just is a delay in WHEN we get our reward. So people who would be promoted had some days with fewer daily crystals whereas people close to demotion benefitted from still getting more crystals.

The only damage is for those who would have needed these crystals for executor event, who now have to wait another month.

". There is an abandoned week now in GAC. It's not being "made up" in the next one.

You're right, but you're also wrong. It's not being made up in the next one. It's in the one after that. After 3 GAC's we're back on regular schedule because CG is eliminating the down week between the next two GAC. So at the 4th GAC we're at parity. The 3rd GAC would have started on March 28th w/o the delay in this one, and it still should start on that date.

do we know this for sure
    hello
  • Options

do we know this for sure

No, they have not announced anything about there being a zero review period in late March. If they did do that, the make good is tolerable, for most.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    So the time off we usually have between gac is the issue.
    People think that if they move the next gac up we are ahead.
    Would love to be your boss.
    Hey you want to get ahead work weekends. No time off. You will get ahead.
    You usually work 20 days a month. Well now work 27 days. Say hi to your family for me. Now get back to work (whipping sound!)
    https://youtu.be/YdXQJS3Yv0Y

OOM-9 For Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes!
    c93b5dgqvhoi.png
  • Options
    So, I can accept the compensation being approximately equivalent to what was lost during that time period but it amounts to completely no "make good" on CG's part. Not making good for the fact that there was a delay addressing, not making good for wasting our time with a lost GAC week, not making good on waiting until after executor event. They merely met a minimum threshold for what we were already entitled to. Making good implies an intent to admit "we screwed up and we're sorry for it, here is our apology"
  • Options
    And....,........I'm still waiting for the official response on how they were going to address and make good on the server maintenance issue from before this costing many people GAC rounds....they said they would but never actually did...I guess hoping everyone forgets since this did not impact everyone like the shutdown did. And yes I plan to continue holding them accountable on multiple threads for something they said they would address that appear to still be trying to brush under the rug
  • Options
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    So the time off we usually have between gac is the issue.
    People think that if they move the next gac up we are ahead.
    Would love to be your boss.
    Hey you want to get ahead work weekends. No time off. You will get ahead.
    You usually work 20 days a month. Well now work 27 days. Say hi to your family for me. Now get back to work (whipping sound!)
    https://youtu.be/YdXQJS3Yv0Y

ok....what...in...the....world....was....that?

if i had to read thru 8 pages of this craziness, that video totally made it worth it. i cannot get that song out of my head now.
  • Options
    cadkev wrote: »
    So, I can accept the compensation being approximately equivalent to what was lost during that time period but it amounts to completely no "make good" on CG's part. Not making good for the fact that there was a delay addressing, not making good for wasting our time with a lost GAC week, not making good on waiting until after executor event. They merely met a minimum threshold for what we were already entitled to. Making good implies an intent to admit "we screwed up and we're sorry for it, here is our apology"

What would you being wiling to accept
    hello
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This company's hamfisted response to its own mistakes somehow continues to surprise people.
  • Options

Stop trolling.
  • Options

Stop trolling.

So asking a legitmate question is trolling

If you dont have a solution dont complain
    hello
  • Options

Stop trolling.

So asking a legitmate question is trolling

If you dont have a solution dont complain

Sadly, not how complaining works.
  • Options
    I think the make good is

so "feel like" then

good question. What do you think?

what do you think?
    I think this comment on Reddit is the best take I've seen on the compensation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/stjc2w/grand_arenas_reschedule_update_inbox_this_week/hx4p2vo/

tl;dr - For a 0.500 K1 player, the loss of crystals after the make good is about 400-500 in total.

I'd like to add, as others have pointed out, that the delay in the compensation did negatively affect some folks grinding for Executor. Also, when CG messes up hard like this, why are they so calculated in their response? Okay, it's probably EA shenanigans. But just throw some crystals out there on top of the calculated compensation to garner some good will, if EA will let you.

I think the calculation in the reddit post is reasonable and the make good is quite ok. But I can't see the extra stuff for inconvenience.
    So I would like to see how CG calculated how much the delay has cost us.

Why would they calculate anything? The delay cost us nothing.

Incorrect.

Idk about you, but I'll get the same amount of crystals I would have without the delay, and whenever they send it I'll get an extra 1k.

With the 1k, you are about even. Without it, you would be about 1k behind. Depending on leauge/division and performance.

Due to the delay, GAC is permanently delayed by a week, but we got 1 extra match. There is no catchup period. So hence forth, we will always have had 2 fewer matches than we would have without the delay.

Okay, technically, during weeks where we would have been off on the original schedule but are now in week 4 of the new schedule, we catch up, but then we fall behind again for the next 4 weeks.
  • Options
    So CG still owes me two round rewards (2x900 crystal), the end of the week rewards (750 crystal) and however deep we were into that season's share of the 2405 crystal. So anything between 3755 and 4950 crystal.

It was your mistake - don't be the pie counters and live up to what you promised: Compensation!

Everything you are asking for is wrong. You just played those 2 battles, plus an extra one. Today you got the end of event rewards. At the end of next week you will get another end of event and the end of season.

Everything you ask for is as if every player won everything, which is impossible. Half of all players lose every round.

The only thing missing was a week delay, making it so that these GAC rewards are overall spread over 6 weeks instead of 5 weeks.

That is what the make good is for. For the majority of players it will be more than they would have gotten.

I agree. I just wish they had added a more to sweeten the pot as a mea culpa. I went from a return to spending over Christmas Break (first since Malak buff fiasco) because I was enjoying the GAC changes and had renewed excitement for the game back to a closed wallet. The the QGJ nerf, then their bee ess reasoning to not refund that, then server issues that disrupted GAC for many, then vague talk of a LV buff/SLK nerf, then this. Sometimes, I think it's best to give out a little more than just what was lost to make up for the mistake. But CG/EA knows better than I how to maximize profit for their shareholders, and that's their true mission. <sad panda>
  • Options

Unless the 'There will be a shorter than usual break between seasons' note in the scheduling change only refers to the Feb event starting a couple days less than a week after the completion of the reschedule. That would be a mistake and upsets the calendar for the whole year.

I've seen this claim a few times that CG will just compress downtime between seasons and shortly everything will be back to the original timing, with no actual "missing week". I just can't find any basis for this claim as CG never once mentioned this.

From the announcement
    The Grand Arena Season starting on February 28th will move back to a normal schedule with the Sign Up Phase on Mondays.

I might be the one intepreteing stuff here, but this to me sound a lot like we will resume the usual weekly schedule and will stick to this going forward, with no reduced down time and no catch-up of the missing week = permanent delay of crystals.
  • Options
    yes permanent delay compensated by the makegood
    hello
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    So we got the @make good” so I’m wondering about the zetas and slice mat and such still??
    When are we suppose to get that?
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I've seen this claim a few times that CG will just compress downtime between seasons and shortly everything will be back to the original timing, with no actual "missing week". I just can't find any basis for this claim as CG never once mentioned this.

From the announcement
    The Grand Arena Season starting on February 28th will move back to a normal schedule with the Sign Up Phase on Mondays.

I might be the one intepreteing stuff here, but this to me sound a lot like we will resume the usual weekly schedule and will stick to this going forward, with no reduced down time and no catch-up of the missing week = permanent delay of crystals.

Not a claim but a vague hope
  • Options
    So we got the @make good” so I’m wondering about the zetas and slice mat and such still??
    What zetas and slice mats?
  • Options

You got them when the delayed Round 3 ended yesterday. No additional are coming.

• Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

From the announcement

It's literally the line above what you just quoted If it's only referring to the Feb start date, its redundant information given that they are both giving the date and the day saying it's going back to a normal Monday sign-up. So redundant you didn't even notice it. If it's not addressing the Feb/March season break it just shows how incompetent CG is in the communications as well as their actions.
    The delay to the start of the second half of this Grand Arena season will move the next Grand Arena season to start on February 28th
    There will be a shorter than usual break between seasons

• Ultra
    11535 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2337853#Comment_2337853
  • Options
    yes permanent delay compensated by the makegood

Lol. Uh no
  • Options

You got them when the delayed Round 3 ended yesterday. No additional are coming.

As part of the "Make Good" CG promised we would have a Zero day delay/review period at the end of this next GAC. So when it ends on 3/27, the next one will start 3/28. Spread the word.

Then we will be "even". :)