FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?

Replies

• Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game

Exec costs too much to get beat like this

especially because fleet still has crystals

As it’s been said, it drops like a stone in arena so you better be using crystals to switch things back out.

Also, lord Vader with his requirements and cost say hello after getting beaten by marquee teams.

neither of these are the point

but ill play along are you happy with LV?

Lol, pretty sure his point was the part of the quote you deleted.

Irrelevant for arena investment and crystals

Very relevant for GAC, which was in the part you deleted. If you think it is irrelevant for crystals, with GAC now being the major crystal income for players, you haven’t been paying attention.

You still reach 50/50 in Gac either way

Ill concede if you are in lower leagues
    hello
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game

Exec costs too much to get beat like this

especially because fleet still has crystals

As it’s been said, it drops like a stone in arena so you better be using crystals to switch things back out.

Also, lord Vader with his requirements and cost say hello after getting beaten by marquee teams.

neither of these are the point

but ill play along are you happy with LV?

Lol, pretty sure his point was the part of the quote you deleted.

Irrelevant for arena investment and crystals

Very relevant for GAC, which was in the part you deleted. If you think it is irrelevant for crystals, with GAC now being the major crystal income for players, you haven’t been paying attention.

You still reach 50/50 in Gac either way

Ill concede if you are in lower leagues

Not just at lower ranks. If that 50/50 point for you happens in the middle of a division so there is no chance of being demoted, then it has no impact. But if it occurs when you are sitting right on a division cutoff and you are constantly bouncing between the two divisions, say k1 and k2, then it most certainly will have an impact on your crystal income.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    I bounce between K1 and K2 its fine
    hello
  • Options
    My point is the investment for fleet arena should not be invalidated by this
    hello
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I invested in executor quite heavily and I’m ok with there being an option to finally counter executor. The counter gets shelled easily on defense so it’s not a big deal. I’m fine with some movement and fluidity in fleet arena. I’ve had enough of the last several months being RNG dependent Executor counters. It’s not fun.
  • Options
    Mirrors are fine and I dont want to have to do more battles for the same payout
    hello
  • Options

You’d be in the minority that enjoys RNG ridden mirror matches.
  • Options
    Never had an issue with Executor mirrors. I occasionally lose one, but almost never lose two in a row.

Negotiator mirrors were much worse in terms of RNG. I could sometimes lose 4 in a row with just bad RNG.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “invested”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Read again
    hello
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Read again

Read what?

“Mirrors are fine and I don’t want to have to do more battles for the same payout”

You’re saying that the current RNG ridden executor mirror matches are fine, putting you in the minority. Then you say you don’t want to do more battles if there’s a secondary team that can beat executor and make some parity in fleet meta. Again, the minority. People would rather push another battle or two rather then deal with chance for their payouts.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I stopped climbing in fleet cuz I just couldn’t be bothered doing those garbage mirrors anymore lmao
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The Executor is a trash meta - if there's a reliable counter then good. I'm sick of fleet arena as it stands.
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

“Mirrors are fine and I don’t want to have to do more battles for the same payout”

You’re saying that the current RNG ridden executor mirror matches are fine, putting you in the minority. Then you say you don’t want to do more battles if there’s a secondary team that can beat executor and make some parity in fleet meta. Again, the minority. People would rather push another battle or two rather then deal with chance for their payouts.

Exec mirrors are easy my r8 exec vs a shard full of r9s and I rarely lose more than 2-3 battles a week
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

Exec mirrors are easy my r8 exec vs a shard full of r9s and I rarely lose more than 2-3 battles a week

What happens when Mark is resisted by the other Razor Crest?
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Read again

Read what?

Then it gets resisted lol still have no issues winning, have about 5 strategies that will divert too throughout a match depending on if dodges/resists happen and who has TM etc. Mirrors are easy if you are paying attention and counting target locks and breaches
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Read again

Read what?

Then it gets resisted lol still have no issues winning, have about 5 strategies that will divert too throughout a match depending on if dodges/resists happen and who has TM etc. Mirrors are easy if you are paying attention and counting target locks and breaches

OK, I got the Executor second time around (so I've had it a good while) and find that the other RC nearly always lands mark and it's a problem.

Perhaps you could share your 5 strategies?
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

OK, I got the Executor second time around (so I've had it a good while) and find that the other RC nearly always lands mark and it's a problem.

Pay attention to turn order and ship speeds. You want your XB 1 speed lower than their XB/RC whichever is slowest, then your RC 1 speed lower than your XB. I don't use AoE first I heal my RC so that it removes mark and their RC wastes a turn not landing breach on my RC since it has foresight, ofc you only hit their HT until this point so he doesn't gain TM and taunt so once it's your XBs turn you can mark their RC, then use your RC special on their marked RC. At this point they will reinforce as long as they call in S1 or IG then use your exec AoE here and wipe out their RC. At this point it's a breeze. Strat changes on who to bring on reinforcement depending on if they dodge/resist but 9/10 you will call in S1 first and get perma debuffs on first and finish up the match
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

Pay attention to turn order and ship speeds. You want your XB 1 speed lower than their XB/RC whichever is slowest, then your RC 1 speed lower than your XB. I don't use AoE first I heal my RC so that it removes mark and their RC wastes a turn not landing breach on my RC since it has foresight, ofc you only hit their HT until this point so he doesn't gain TM and taunt so once it's your XBs turn you can mark their RC, then use your RC special on their marked RC. At this point they will reinforce as long as they call in S1 or IG then use your exec AoE here and wipe out their RC. At this point it's a breeze. Strat changes on who to bring on reinforcement depending on if they dodge/resist but 9/10 you will call in S1 first and get perma debuffs on first and finish up the match

I change up mods almost every battle to manipulate turn order
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Read again

Read what?

OK, thank you.
  • Options
    Please just stop, executor is the biggest reason people quit the game after conquest. We need counters for it and we need a huge nerf on executor.

Be happy that we got a counter finally that seems to be somewhat consistent, if you tell cg early they mess it up as usual since their intentions of killing the game fast are obvious...
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

I said mirrors are fine you claim I said I enjoy them

Try not putting words in people's mouths

And I dont care if you think I am in the minority id rather do three battles then eight and I dont know why anyone else would prefer eight
    hello
  • Options
    Intrapido wrote: »
    Please just stop, executor is the biggest reason people quit the game after conquest

source?
    hello
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

I dont think mirrors are hard but in my shard the XB is faster and clears the foresight on my RC then their RC goes
    hello
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

it drops like a stone on defense in fleet arena

Don't need to worry about defense in GAC!

...Well you do, obviously, but you don't have to worry about Finali--eh, you get it!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

I dont think mirrors are hard but in my shard the XB is faster and clears the foresight on my RC then their RC goes

Like I said though you need your XB then 1 speed slower than their RC and then your RC 1 speed slower than your XB. Even if he clears your foresight RC special isn't going to land mark on your RC so it's irrelevant at this point. After his RC goes your XB goes and marks his RC and then use your RC special on opponents RC. At that point next opponent move will be to reinforce and then you use your AoE to knock out opponents RC
  • Options

Read again

Read what?

Like I said though you need your XB then 1 speed slower than their RC and then your RC 1 speed slower than your XB. Even if he clears your foresight RC special isn't going to land mark on your RC

why not
    hello
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

This would only invalidate your investment if all the crystals and zetas and whatnot that you got from every GAC, Fleet Arena payout, and potentially Territory Wars was retroactively erased.

Welcome to the world of video games. Metas shift.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

This would only invalidate your investment if all the crystals and zetas and whatnot that you got from every GAC, Fleet Arena payout, and potentially Territory Wars was retroactively erased.

Welcome to the world of video games. Metas shift.

yes i know thanks

its too early for this to shift

regardless my point stands which is that i dont want to do eight battles daily
    hello