Added fleet to kyber GAC...

Prev13456713
Gurken
59 posts Member
Please don't do this. Or if you must just do Kyber 1

Replies

• Options
    How many functioning Fleets are even in the game? Executor, Negotiator, Malevolence, Finalizer, Rebels, Empire? That leaves the Raddus and whatever garbage is left over…
  • nottenst
    695 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    This seems like it is a big strain of players. There just aren't all that many ships out there. This way, if you can't defeat an opponent on the first attempt, the odds are minimal that you will be able to clear the territory.
  • Options
    They forgot to tell us how much they will increase the rewards. I mean it must be unthinkable to increase requirements without also increasing the rewards accordingly?
  • nottenst
    695 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    How many functioning Fleets are even in the game? Executor, Negotiator, Malevolence, Finalizer, Rebels, Empire? That leaves the Raddus and whatever garbage is left over…

In addition there really aren't enough ships to uniquely populate each of 6 fleet. There is a lot of overlap. 3 fleet are designed to use Empire ships (Executor, Chimaera, Executrix). Raddus and Finalizer are short-handed as it is.
  • Options
    I feel like they haven’t sold as many first order and resistance tank packs as they’d like.
    797-722-718
  • Options
    This is way too soon. Yes we have 9 capital ships but we can't even fill them all with ships. With Executor most players need 2 or 3 fleets to take them out. You just have not given he player base enough resources to expand to this yet. If you had a 10th capital ship that could counter Executor. Then you had 3 more Resistance, 2 more First Order, 2 more Separtists, 2 more Bounty Hunters, and then we could use misc ships for the other 2 fleets then we can add a 3rd to GAC.
  • Options
    Still waiting on that “shipload” of content lmao
  • Options
    I really hope theres a larger emphasis on new fleets/ship content soon because this was a huge slap in the face to all the mid tier players fighting their way up the ladder in Kyber right now, I know this is a p2w game first but **** brain power really shouldnt have any matter in match up should it?
  • Avinash
    168 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What the .....? This is the dumbest thing CG can do. There aren't enough ships to go around for each of the capital ships. Not only that, but half of them are garbage to use. Seriously, what can Mace's cap ship go against? Nothing. And, will there be any ships left over to populate it? Nope. Before extra ships are placed in GAC, how about getting us a bunch of ships to fill the gaps we've had forever?
  • Options
    This is way too soon. Yes we have 9 capital ships but we can't even fill them all with ships. With Executor most players need 2 or 3 fleets to take them out. You just have not given he player base enough resources to expand to this yet. If you had a 10th capital ship that could counter Executor. Then you had 3 more Resistance, 2 more First Order, 2 more Separtists, 2 more Bounty Hunters, and then we could use misc ships for the other 2 fleets then we can add a 3rd to GAC.

Functionally there are only 7. Tarkin-Thrawn and Mace-GK cannibalize each other. So that means you only have one left over. Better get all one turn wins.
  • Options
    Have us invest more into under-utilized ships just in time for fleet arena crystals to be moved to GAC maybe?
  • Options
    So we better be getting, Dengar's Punishing One, Jango Slave 1 FO TIE Dagger, Resistance Awing. Resistance Bwing. Imperial TIE Defender, Rogue 1 with Bhodi pilot, IG-100 ship, Tri Droid Ship, Red 5 and a whole bunch more ships this year.
  • Options
    Still waiting on that “shipload” of content lmao

This is it.
  • Options
    did they add fleet squads yet? i cant bear to maually set a 3rd fleet on defense when we should be able to save them
  • Options
    lol!
    the fleets decide who wins in many fights, executor one shot or not, but now…
  • Options
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    I feel like they haven’t sold as many first order and resistance tank packs as they’d like.

That is their fault leaving the will they won't they nerf Echelon hanging so long. And resistance getting 1 ship does nothing so why spend.
  • Options

That is their fault leaving the will they won't they nerf Echelon hanging so long. And resistance getting 1 ship does nothing so why spend.

Oh I agree. I’m just trying to CG my way to what would prompt them to make this call now. It’s safe to say I haven’t seen a single request for it.
    797-722-718
  • Options

Oh I agree. I’m just trying to CG my way to what would prompt them to make this call now. It’s safe to say I haven’t seen a single request for it.

I am still hoping this was an April Fools joke that they release a week early
  • Options
    I am F2P and like this a lot. I love fleets and I am prepared.

About time for some fleet templates!
  • Options
    Ummm what???

So that means Kyber needs 6 fleets…..

We currently have enough ships for
    - Executor
    - Ackbar rebels
    - Negotiator
    - Malevolence
    - Empire
    - Resistance
    - FO

7 fleets. However those are not full fleets at all. Some with low reinforcements if any at all really. This is not a good idea by any means unless they plan to release some more ships. I don’t like this at all. Terrible move by CG
  • Options
    I hope this means we're getting over 15 more ships this year so we have enough for each capital ship.
  • Options
    Maybe we can do a collective effort and refuse to place the 3rd fleet everyone ?
  • Options
    Just adding in that I think this is a poor idea as well. No way are we ready for more fleets in gac.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    did they add fleet squads yet? i cant bear to maually set a 3rd fleet on defense when we should be able to save them

No fleet squads, but you can set your fleets in the defense tool and not have to worry about it after that.
  • Options
    I am F2P and like this a lot. I love fleets and I am prepared.

About time for some fleet templates!

There will effectively be a fleet template for GAC. The set defence feature will keep what you set. Not quite a squad feature, but close. Not for attacking of course.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1234 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Max. 7 with some undersizing and cross-faction borrowing.

• Executor, either bare bones with just the 5 BH ships or with EH / borrowed Empire ships (Empire has a full fleet now and any holes can be plugged with the 3 non-Empire Sith ships).

• Malevolence, undersized with just the Sep ships. Can no longer reliably counter anything since it was "fixed".

• Negotiator has ships to spare, but you can no longer afford to use mixed-fleet counters / defense fleets with Sun Fac or TIE Bomber and ruin other fleets in the process.

• Home One can spare a ship as well. But you better have Bistan's crew reliced and Cassian's at least at g11 if you want to counter anything serious or put up a defense that isn't a complete pushover.

• Chimaera / Executrix. Could be pretty decent now if you have the Gauntlet crew geared and the new Interceptor unlocked. But of course if Negotiator borrows TIE bomber or Malev steals ITF the fleet falls apart.

• Finalizer works well enough on offense with the 5 FO ships assuming you have Echelon unlocked.

• Raddus still has to make do with 4 Resistance ships plus 2 rebel/GR leftovers. You could throw in 2 Sith ships but there's zero synergy.

Even with 7 fleets you can only afford to lose 1 battle. There's no cleanup fleet after a second loss.
  • Options
    I face plenty of people in kyber 3 that only have five capital ships, good luck to them I guess.