Added fleet to kyber GAC...

Replies

• Options
    I never use full reinforcements to attack in gac, I actually dont mind and applaud this change. Sucks having three fleets that typically never see gameplay. Build your fleets those ignoring some of theirs and CG please release half a dozen new ships because folks arnt wrong, ya got too many chiefs and not enough indians when it comes to fleets.
  • Options
    Today I learned if I set Executor on D with only 2 reinforcements, I'm giving my opponent points. I haven't seen banners given for unfilled reinforcements before. Whoops.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    About time we got more fleets in GAC! With the recent additions we have more than enough capitals and ships to set more defences. This will make the fleet zones more interesting.

9 capital ships + 47 ships = not enough ships. Where are the more than enough that you're referencing?

You don’t have to set full reinforcements to all cap ships. In fact it is beneficial not to do so in some cases to ensure the AI pull the ship you want as reinforcement. You set three cap ships on def and have 6 to attack with, leaving you with plenty of options for clean ups if necessary.

your strategy is to gift your opponent free points? Okay. That's certainly a tactic. Not a good one. Not a competitive one.

I really want to know where are these "more than enough ships to set more defenses" you're talking about? Should I only set 3 ships on D with each cap and gift my opponent 12 points in a tight match? And what happens if the executor needs to be 2 shot? Game over after the first battle fails? If you're going to play the "plenty of ships" card, then you go right ahead and explain EXACTLY how each team comp would work AND give you leftover ships.

Also worth noting you can say you can field 2 empire fleets but fleet counters are a thing and are severely limited.

Where did I say you shouldn’t set any reinforcements? If you leave two spots open You potentially lose like two banners and it allows you to influence what ships get called first which is a bigger advantage in some cases. And as stated, it also frees up more ships to use on offence.

But if you think it’s better to set a full def then you should that. Set three easy fleets on def, set three strong ones, mix it up, do whatever you want. You have the same amount of ships as your opponent so you are not at a disadvantage.

In my opinion it will make for more interesting fleet battles but I see this clearly upsets you. Good luck with you GA fights, I’m confident you will find the best tactic possible to your capability.

I'm not upset. I'm just asking you to prove your argument. You claim we have 9 cap ships with plenty of ships to have more than enough for both offense and defense. Myself and pretty much everyone else can only reach 7 fleets for offense & defense. With 2 cap ships who have no synergized fleets to support them. You see 9 somehow and I'm extremely curious how the last 2 would be viable.

I've done the math, looked at the fleets, I don't see more than 7 viable ones. And no, we don't always have the same ships as our opponents. There are plenty of ppl in K5-K3 who do NOT have executor or one of (maybe both if they didn't go for those GLs) Raddus/Finalizer and will struggle with this new change. I face ppl in K2 who don't have Executor and are missing either Raddus or Finalizer.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Wait, to be at the top of the heap you need to have the newest toons and a deep roster of ships too? What is gaming coming to??!?

Too bad that even with all the ships in game you can’t have a deep enough roster to put out enough quality fleets.

7 fleets are enough for 3 slots. Not plenty, but enough.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    About time we got more fleets in GAC! With the recent additions we have more than enough capitals and ships to set more defences. This will make the fleet zones more interesting.

9 capital ships + 47 ships = not enough ships. Where are the more than enough that you're referencing?

You don’t have to set full reinforcements to all cap ships. In fact it is beneficial not to do so in some cases to ensure the AI pull the ship you want as reinforcement. You set three cap ships on def and have 6 to attack with, leaving you with plenty of options for clean ups if necessary.

your strategy is to gift your opponent free points? Okay. That's certainly a tactic. Not a good one. Not a competitive one.

I really want to know where are these "more than enough ships to set more defenses" you're talking about? Should I only set 3 ships on D with each cap and gift my opponent 12 points in a tight match? And what happens if the executor needs to be 2 shot? Game over after the first battle fails? If you're going to play the "plenty of ships" card, then you go right ahead and explain EXACTLY how each team comp would work AND give you leftover ships.

Also worth noting you can say you can field 2 empire fleets but fleet counters are a thing and are severely limited.

I don't think he's saying NO reinforcements, he's saying not full, so the AI has limited options to call in and doesn't call in the ones that don't help. Most fleet battles are determined after two reinforcements. There can be some borderline cases where the third is what determines a hold, but otherwise if a hold happens, an easier cleanup doesn't make up for the missing 20. If you never clear it, two banners won't make a difference. If you one shot, you likely would've done so with four reinforcements and gotten the points anyway. You would never give your opponents 12 points; you are confusing it with offense banners. Your opponent would only get 1 each for the missing slots, but they might have to beat it first, I think.

At any rate, I still don't think it helps, because you are still left with a mismatch of your most mediocre ships with no synergy.

You don't have to beat the enemy to get the empty slot points. you can just enter the battle, lose, and still claim them. I know he's not implying not set any reinforcements. but even if you just set 2, that's now 6 points given for free. I don't mind giving my opponent those 2 points on Executor. I know they are negated by that ship eating your banners. How many other fleets can say they're so tough on D sacrificing those 2 points won't matter? Negotiator doesn't take many off the attacker. Malevolence won't take any. Finalizer won't take any. Rebels depend but in general you can nuke them for high banners quite comfortably. Raddus can be a bit of a wild card but her fleet is being shrunk by the reqs since she needs outside ships given res have so few to start with which will hamper her effectiveness. Empire can take some but I've gotten full banners off Empire fleets before. There's no real good options there from what I see.
  • Options
    It doesn’t sound like any of the devs have an idea what the community wants, does it?

Like when they changed conquest from a more fun grind to just plain grinding, with a hint of cash grabbiness
  • Options
    The one saving grace is that everyone is in the same boat, in terms of total possible fleets. It’s if (hopefully when) they bring a bunch of marquees out, that’s when it’s going to really give a big advantage to those who spend and damage free to play crystals for a while.

I suppose it’s like a meta shift in arena used to be. I’ll fall back for a bit. Never mind
    797-722-718
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn’t sound like any of the devs have an idea what the community wants, does it?

Like when they changed conquest from a more fun grind to just plain grinding, with a hint of cash grabbiness

I think they do have an idea, they just ignore it.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Wait, to be at the top of the heap you need to have the newest toons and a deep roster of ships too? What is gaming coming to??!?

Too bad that even with all the ships in game you can’t have a deep enough roster to put out enough quality fleets.

6 slots. 3 for defense and 3 for offense.

That means you have only 1 fleet left for a cleanup and it will be an undersized fleet with minimal synergy since 4 of our capital ships share the same fleets needed for synergy (chimera/executrix & Negotiator/Endurance)

This change is too soon. Eventually it could and should be happening but until we get that shipload of content to fill out fleets for all 9 of our capital ships it’s too soon.
  • Options
    Total head in the sand nonsense as usual.
  • Options
    Well yay... I guess overachieving early on had screwed me pretty hard at this point... 4.4million GP, 4 fleets.. kind of ... Maybe push out a literal garbage 5th maybe...
    I am literally going to lose 90% of my matchups now because my whole tactic was to block the fleet wall and the bottom front wall and win on territory numbers.
    Now I'm gonna miss out on a tonne of crystals while I wait to be demoted down to aurodium...

Thanks CG
    Great game minded folk as always
    Some might even say you could be professional game developers.... Oh wait 🤦
  • Options

I don't think he's saying NO reinforcements, he's saying not full, so the AI has limited options to call in and doesn't call in the ones that don't help. Most fleet battles are determined after two reinforcements. There can be some borderline cases where the third is what determines a hold, but otherwise if a hold happens, an easier cleanup doesn't make up for the missing 20. If you never clear it, two banners won't make a difference. If you one shot, you likely would've done so with four reinforcements and gotten the points anyway. You would never give your opponents 12 points; you are confusing it with offense banners. Your opponent would only get 1 each for the missing slots, but they might have to beat it first, I think.

At any rate, I still don't think it helps, because you are still left with a mismatch of your most mediocre ships with no synergy.

You don't have to beat the enemy to get the empty slot points. you can just enter the battle, lose, and still claim them. I know he's not implying not set any reinforcements. but even if you just set 2, that's now 6 points given for free. I don't mind giving my opponent those 2 points on Executor. I know they are negated by that ship eating your banners. How many other fleets can say they're so tough on D sacrificing those 2 points won't matter? Negotiator doesn't take many off the attacker. Malevolence won't take any. Finalizer won't take any. Rebels depend but in general you can nuke them for high banners quite comfortably. Raddus can be a bit of a wild card but her fleet is being shrunk by the reqs since she needs outside ships given res have so few to start with which will hamper her effectiveness. Empire can take some but I've gotten full banners off Empire fleets before. There's no real good options there from what I see.

Ummm, it is only "free points" if they are losing to your fleet. If they win, they get the banners anyway. If they are attacking and retreating, they get banners for unoccupied reinforcement slots, but they lose 20 banners for first attempt win.
  • Options

Ummm, it is only "free points" if they are losing to your fleet. If they win, they get the banners anyway. If they are attacking and retreating, they get banners for unoccupied reinforcement slots, but they lose 20 banners for first attempt win.

And his point is that it could mean the difference between a win and a loss by just those select few banners
  • nottenst
    699 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    This change is too soon. Eventually it could and should be happening but until we get that shipload of content to fill out fleets for all 9 of our capital ships it’s too soon.

If The Road Ahead (or some other forward looking post) showed us what was planned for fleet, then we might be a bit more receptive to this change. Right now, we don't know anything except that this change is going to happen in the next arena season, we don't have enough ships to support it, and we don't know when we will have enough ships to support it.
  • Options

And his point is that it could mean the difference between a win and a loss by just those select few banners

Sure, it is possible in very corner cases where they arent clearing and you aren't clearing and you set less than max reinforcements and the fight is decided by a handful of banners.

Shrug.

A lot of issues with 3 fleets, but I don't think this extreme corner case will be one.

Many many people set less than 7 ships per fleet now and I've never seen it make the difference in a W/L.
    That won't change.
  • Options
    It can be done against regular capital ships, but with executor in defense there is a big chance to lose. When i think about this setup (for defense I have to set 7 ships for any capital):

Defense:
    *Home One
    Han's Millennium Falcon
    BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter
    Phantom II
    Ghost
    Biggs Darklighter's X-wing
    Cassian's U-wing
    Bistan's U-wing
    *Finalizer
    TIE Silencer
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    First Order SF TIE Fighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    TIE Echelon
    Sith Fighter
    B-28 Extinction-class Bomber
    *Executor
    Hound's Tooth
    Razor Crest
    Slave I
    IG-2000
    Scimitar
    Xanadu Blood
    Gauntlet Starfighter

Attack:
    *Negotiator
    Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter
    Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter
    Umbaran Starfighter
    Rex's ARC-170
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
    Jedi Consular's Starfighter
    *Raddus
    Rey's Millennium Falcon
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    MG-100 StarFortress SF-17
    Resistance X-wing
    Lando's Millennium Falcon
    Rebel Y-wing
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    *Malevolence
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Hyena Bomber
    Geonosian Spy's Starfighter
    Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter
    Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter
    Vulture Droid
    Ebon Hawk
    *Chimaera
    TIE Advanced x1
    Imperial TIE Bomber
    Emperor's Shuttle
    TIE/IN Interceptor Prototype
    TIE Reaper
    *Endurance
    *Executrix

Against an Executor I need to use Malevolence and Raddus, sometimes Chimaera, when things going really wrong. To beat another ships in oponents defense, I have Negotiator (ok, good one) and ... thats all ... maybe I spare something from Malevolence and Chimaera to Executrix, but thats not enough mostly.

I dont like it!
  • Options
    Frogger wrote: »
    It can be done against regular capital ships, but with executor in defense there is a big chance to lose. When i think about this setup (for defense I have to set 7 ships for any capital):

Defense:
    *Home One
    Han's Millennium Falcon
    BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter
    Phantom II
    Ghost
    Biggs Darklighter's X-wing
    Cassian's U-wing
    Bistan's U-wing
    *Finalizer
    TIE Silencer
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    First Order SF TIE Fighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    TIE Echelon
    Sith Fighter
    B-28 Extinction-class Bomber
    *Executor
    Hound's Tooth
    Razor Crest
    Slave I
    IG-2000
    Scimitar
    Xanadu Blood
    Gauntlet Starfighter

Attack:
    *Negotiator
    Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter
    Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter
    Umbaran Starfighter
    Rex's ARC-170
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
    Jedi Consular's Starfighter
    *Raddus
    Rey's Millennium Falcon
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    MG-100 StarFortress SF-17
    Resistance X-wing
    Lando's Millennium Falcon
    Rebel Y-wing
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    *Malevolence
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Hyena Bomber
    Geonosian Spy's Starfighter
    Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter
    Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter
    Vulture Droid
    Ebon Hawk
    *Chimaera
    TIE Advanced x1
    Imperial TIE Bomber
    Emperor's Shuttle
    TIE/IN Interceptor Prototype
    TIE Reaper
    *Endurance
    *Executrix

Against an Executor I need to use Malevolence and Raddus, sometimes Chimaera, when things going really wrong. To beat another ships in oponents defense, I have Negotiator (ok, good one) and ... thats all ... maybe I spare something from Malevolence and Chimaera to Executrix, but thats not enough mostly.

I dont like it!

I think you mixed up your Y-Wings?
    And I don’t think I’d trust the Executor to reinforce Scimitar correctly (ie last).
    Plus, a lot of ships end up places with no synergy (Sith Ships under Finalizer is the worst of them).
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

6 slots. 3 for defense and 3 for offense.

That means you have only 1 fleet left for a cleanup and it will be an undersized fleet with minimal synergy since 4 of our capital ships share the same fleets needed for synergy (chimera/executrix & Negotiator/Endurance)

Yes, if it’s the strategy you choose. We have 7 fleets at our disposal: bh, emp/reb, sep/gr, fo/res. If you’re not confortable with a weaker 4th fleet at clean-up, then keep a stronger fleet for clean up.

Only 2 ships are missing for a full 7 fleets. Bh and Sep are strong candidates to live without full ri imo.

The 3rd slot could have been added later, but it’s manageable now. Sure, players without a broad fleet roster will suffer and need to change their farming strategy accordingly, no argument there.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    And I don’t think I’d trust the Executor to reinforce Scimitar correctly (ie last).
    Plus, a lot of ships end up places with no synergy (Sith Ships under Finalizer is the worst of them).

Yes, synergy is bad and Y-Wings are mixed, because you dont have 7 FO ships and 7 Resistance ships. I have to cook with what I have.
  • Options
    This is a ridiculous change. If you could at least try to justify it, the community might not be as outraged, but to only have a post that says "the change happening" is extremely tone-deaf to player needs. These are a couple of my complaints.
    We don't have Fleet Loadouts.
    Loadouts would at least give us a chance to organize and plan on what fleets to take into battle. Do you even play the game? Has no one felt it would be much more convenient to have a pre-set fleet that can load in 2 clicks, rather than swiping a dozen times?
    Not enough ships / gear
    Sure, there are 47 ships and divided among the, minimum, 6 Capital Ships there are enough for the 3 defense and 3 attack (42 ships, 6 Capital Ships). But if you lose an attack, you don't have enough for a full fleet to try again. Fleets like the Resistance and First Order don't even have a full 7 ships. There are 7 Empire ships to divide among the other 2 Empire Capital Ships (obviously Executor will use the Bounty Hunter faction). Shoot, Ebon Hawk doesn't even have a Capital Ship, he just gets plugged into a team for a slight bit of utility. This is also assuming that all of our pilots are geared and reliced. Guess what... they're not! And that's not by choice. I spent much of my early gameplay improving my ships. I was new, and I guess hoping that ships would become a bigger deal in the game. They haven't, and increasing the required number for GAC doesn't really change it. IF ships had a higher purpose in other parts of the game it would be more acceptable, but the players can't be expected to use our limited resources to only slightly benefit in GAC and no where else.

Please reconsider this change, or at least do something to improve the player experience.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Yes, synergy is bad and Y-Wings are mixed, because you dont have 7 FO ships and 7 Resistance ships. I have to cook with what I have.

And that's the whole problem - what we have is horribly lacking. Fill up the existing fleets and this change will be accepted much better.
  • crzydroid
    7342 posts Moderator
    Options

Still confused here. If they're beating your fleets, they get the points for defeating all reinforcements. They only get "extra" points if they fail. In which case be it 2 points or 6 for all 3 fleets, it won't make up for the fail. Unless you're saying the fleet holds long enough to call in all four reinforcements, and those last two are able to rob banners? Seems extremely unlikely to happen.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    (for defense I have to set 7 ships for any capital):
    False. Unless the fleet is strong enough to get a hold, it will likely only call one or two reinforcements and in many cases filling all the reinforcement slots will result in a weaker fleet because they will be called in an undesirable order.
  • Options
    FL4WL3SS wrote: »
    Well yay... I guess overachieving early on had screwed me pretty hard at this point... 4.4million GP, 4 fleets.. kind of ... Maybe push out a literal garbage 5th maybe...
    I am literally going to lose 90% of my matchups now because my whole tactic was to block the fleet wall and the bottom front wall and win on territory numbers.
    Now I'm gonna miss out on a tonne of crystals while I wait to be demoted down to aurodium...

Thanks CG
    Great game minded folk as always
    Some might even say you could be professional game developers.... Oh wait 🤦

You’re not flawless after all.
  • Options
    That move make so much sense. I was wondering how they would try to make me gear Gar Saxon, Imperial commando, Jedi consular, Cassian … aah, that’s it.

One thing for sure, is that we all have access to the same number of ships. So, no it’s not ideal, but if you don’t have enough fleets, your opponent at the skill level you are won’t have either.
  • Options
    I remember when people balked at going to two Fleets. Or even just adding Fleets at all. lol

At least, everyone is in the same boat. Seems like people are mostly concerned they won’t full clear?
  • Options
    tconn wrote: »
    the players can't be expected to use our limited resources to only slightly benefit in GAC and no where else.

It’s a strategic choice in a strategy game. You do exactly what you want, you’re not expected to do anything. If for you, the best choice is to stay clear of ships because you think that doing better in gac isn’t worth the limited resources, fine. It’s your call.

• Options
    I would be ok with this if there was definitive proof that they're prepared to give us 25 new ships (not Capital Ships) to farm before the end of this year. Otherwise if there are no new ships to fill out the fleets, than this is truly a bad change in the game.

If they were all farmable at the same time, you'd get a lot more variety in the game.

There have been more than enough great suggestions for new ships and appropriate pilots to go with them over the years. Especially since there are so few ships in the game.

I would even go as far as saying I don't mind having more "average" ships, not all new ships needs to be meta like a Hound's Tooth or Anakin's Starfighter. I'll take any ship that aren't wet noodles nor OP. With the right synergy, any ship can be made useful.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    not enough ships.. another reason I am not "Engaged" with this game...

good product means I spend...

still not spending, @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb_MINI