Proving Grounds

Replies

• Options
    Both of the missions are pretty difficult. Couldn't even win with a SEE team (my wat isn't 7* so didn't qualify) but managed with GaS. The other battle vs Moff I did my own troopers and had no issue. I can understand why they require 4m roster now due to the difficulty of the battles.
  • Magruffin
    806 posts Member
    Options
    I can't complete hard but finish 1 or 2nd crate normal; I beat both events in one shot.
  • Options
    This was supposed to be a catch up event for new/lower gp players but now they have to wait years, for a year old character?

It doesn't make sense that someone like me who has had CAT at R5 for almost a year get to not only play the event, but also earn shards when a large of player base under 4m GP can't.

z5e06o8e4rms.jpg
    pndeyvwwxbar.jpg

GP is irrelevant and does not equal good roster. I have friends who have GL's and have earned CAT shards from normal conquest + farmed her with crystals but because they're below 4m GP they can't attempt this event?

They why was she available through normal conquest?
  • Magruffin
    806 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »
    This was supposed to be a catch up event for new/lower gp players but now they have to wait years, for a year old character?

It doesn't make sense that someone like me who has had CAT at R5 for almost a year get to not only play the event, but also earn shards when a large of player base under 4m GP can't.

z5e06o8e4rms.jpg
    pndeyvwwxbar.jpg

GP is irrelevant and does not equal good roster. I have friends who have GL's and have earned CAT shards from normal conquest + farmed her with crystals but because they're below 4m GP they can't attempt this event?

To entice/ milk ppl into buying conquest passes
  • Options

z5e06o8e4rms.jpg
    pndeyvwwxbar.jpg

Lol I’m like 3.5m gp, and was hyped for this event. Also, I thought you only got rewards if you had not unlocked / had less than 330 shards of CAT.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    4 million is an unbelievably easy number to hit.
    :)
    Mohrg wrote: »
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Well that was depressingly easy. No need for a 4m gp cap

Really? what teams are you using?
    GL Luke at Relic 7, with R7 GAS, R7 JKL, R7 Shaak and R5 Hoda got wiped against Gideon.
    Also would like to know...i have no GL, so no illusions on my chances...but still would like to know if the "easy" was irony...or something i am missing...and a lot others i guess...
    Not an expert...so i am willing to learn...but "depressingly easy" sounds either patronizing...or genius...

• Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Mohrg wrote: »
    Well that was depressingly easy. No need for a 4m gp cap

Really? what teams are you using?
    GL Luke at Relic 7, with R7 GAS, R7 JKL, R7 Shaak and R5 Hoda got wiped against Gideon.

JML jkr gas JKL GMY- no worries (for Gideon) SEE for Maul. First go 3 stars both
    So...patronizing it is (last comment was before i read this)...
    Of course it is easy...if you have the top teams for the game...i would guess MOST players with high level teams like the ones you describe are above 4M...way above.
    Of course you can have them with lower GPs, if you went the optimal route...but "easy" would mean using "average" teams for the 4M requirement...and these would mean no GL...

• LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    This is a character collecting resource management game. Just do everything you can to boost up your roster. The more this game goes on the more CG wants everyone to have a huge well developed roster. If you want the new things faster you will have to always grow your roster to be ask big as you can.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I can't complete hard but finish 1 or 2nd crate normal; I beat both events in one shot.

What teams did you use? I tried GAS 501ST, Padme GR, imperial troopers, and Ep/Vader/Thrawn/Piett and didn't even sniff victory.
  • Magruffin
    806 posts Member
    Options
    Hothballs wrote: »

What teams did you use? I tried GAS 501ST, Padme GR, imperial troopers, and Ep/Vader/Thrawn/Piett and didn't even sniff victory.

JML, JKL, revan, Hoda and gmy
  • Magruffin
    806 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone try a DR lead for the cat battle? I'd think fear would help slow down alot of the opponents onslaught out of the gate?
  • Options
    DCNathanon wrote: »
    Maybe after 4 years playing you can have CAT but i am playing sincer 14 months and unlocking JMK without Hyperdrivebundle

without CAT you're gonna have a rough time with him.
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Both of the missions are pretty difficult. Couldn't even win with a SEE team (my wat isn't 7* so didn't qualify) but managed with GaS. The other battle vs Moff I did my own troopers and had no issue. I can understand why they require 4m roster now due to the difficulty of the battles.

Really? I solo'd it with SEE. Granted it took me two attempts, but it is doable. Mine is modded for health to take on Rey though.
  • Options
    No, you were right to build a concentrated roster. I have +6 mil GP and a dozen r7 toons but can’t get anywhere in Proving Grounds. I was playing for years before GLs so, I didn’t know to laser focus my efforts and NOT build a huge well developed roster. Very disappointing
  • DonPuto
    379 posts Member
    Options
    You should wait for some videos I suppose. It's very beatable and very boring imo
  • Options
    I found ITs worked well against Gideon in the RC battle, despite not going first. Then used SEE to solo the CAT battle. It is possible, but having super fast characters does help. For reference, my Piett had 346 speed under Veers lead, and I still won despite Gideon being faster. My SEE has 526.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    You know, if you are going to make the game just as hard to beat as it would be in Conquest, maybe give us power ups like in Conquest cause my R7 squads can’t even beat these rounds and I have them packed with speed and turn meter and all sorts of top mods.

What'd you expect? An event that requires R3 characters to be tuned to R3 characters? 🤣
  • HvyEng
    1 posts Member
    Options
    R6 DR/BSF/Malak/HK/SET lasts about 4 rounds. DR/BSF/Malak/DV/SET even less. With DR/BSF/Malak/EP/Mara no difference. R9 Bossk doesn't even get a turn. Grievous lasted 2. CLS just evaporates.

I haven't found a combination that works yet, I don't think you can do the CAT side without a GL.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Ya know, if we were all quiet about it, we probably could've enjoyed free shards for a while 🥴. Expect a patch to this next time round, no more freebies.
  • Rius
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    What is the GP gate for, if it is so difficult you need a GL? Isn't the difficulty already gate enough?

People under 4M with a GL could beat it and those over without a GL can't.
    Sure, more available... /s
    Well colour me surprised.

People have completed it without a GL this just shows what GAC has been showing for months, GP is not a measure of skill 3-4M GP can out match 6M in GAC so why do we expect everyone >4M to be able to complete the event. CAT would be exclusive enough without the arbitrary cut off, just from the difficulty level this appears to be. Would much rather try my squads and lose than not be allowed in.

• crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think Traya lead can work for the Maul one, if you have Traya at r3.

Thought there would be more outrage over the fact that players with them at 7* can still get shards. Huh.
  • Options
    Hothballs wrote: »

I used R3 Veers, R8 Piett, R3 Dark Trooper (really ought to increase that one), R3 Starck and R4 Range on Gideon and 1 shot it with 3*. Even with Veers lead giving Piett 346 speed, Gideon went first but I survived that, marked DT and I don't think they took another turn. Kept killing DT to build stacks of Emperors Trap and TM.

Solo'd Maul with SEE. Failed on first attempt, likely just bad RNG as I beat it easily 2nd time. He is R8 though. Hope that helps.
  • Options

z5e06o8e4rms.jpg
    pndeyvwwxbar.jpg

You should be glad you can earn the shard shop currency since CG said we wouldn't be able to. But given their history, it's not a surprise that they were unable to enforce their own policies lol.
  • Rius
    371 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think Traya lead can work for the Maul one, if you have Traya at r3.

Thought there would be more outrage over the fact that players with them at 7* can still get shards. Huh.

Not really bothered if someone can get excess shards, does not impact me, would rather be able to enter myself.

• Options
    I beat CAT tier 3* with SEE lead, Vader, Malak, badstilla and dooku.
    I linked maul and and gar Saxon, worked quite well.
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    What is the GP gate for, if it is so difficult you need a GL? Isn't the difficulty already gate enough?

People under 4M with a GL could beat it and those over without a GL can't.
    Sure, more available... /s
    Well colour me surprised.

People have completed it without a GL this just shows what GAC has been showing for months, GP is not a measure of skill 3-4M GP can out match 6M in GAC so why do we expect everyone >4M to be able to complete the event. CAT would be exclusive enough without the arbitrary cut off, just from the difficulty level this appears to be. Would much rather try my squads and lose than not be allowed in.

I think you misunderstood me, that's basically what I just said. I am all for the same.
    I am under 4M yet I have SLKR and other good squads and I would like to be able to play it.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    Padmé lead with JMK in the comp for the CAT tier got 3 stars for a close friend of mine. (I had already beat it with LV on my first try...albeit with only LV and Thrown left standing...so I wasn't going to pay 2200 crystals for some shard shop currency just to try a different squad).

Neither of us 3*'d the Razor Crest one (again, I just threw LV at it not knowing the difficulty and got mostly wasted. 1*/minimal victory, but since I won I couldn't experiment with other comps).

Next month if people haven't already put out videos on how to get it at 3*, I'll play around with comps and retreat rather than win with less than 3* so that I can share more info.

Of course, that would require them not preventing me from trying since I have 7* RC and 7* CAT and I'm not actually supposed to be able to attempt this thing at all...

But in the meantime, yeah. I think it's a little weird that they're putting r3 requirements and 4Mgp requirements on this thing. While it's clearly beatable via brute force (as my LV first attempts showed), there's no way that you brute force it at g12.

My guess is that specific comps make it pretty trivial, but most comps struggle to brute force it without a GL, no matter what your relic levels.

Advice to people struggling:
    For Razor Crest, try Jedi Knight Luke (L, modded with 0 speed), with your fastest other jedi in the comp, plus GMY, plus a couple assist callers. Use HeroesArise on the first turn, mass stun the Imps, and then go to work with GMY, calling JKL's Heroes Arise again frequently (every time you can, basically, if JKL is below about 75% TM. Above that you might wanna just take a look at everyone's TM and see if you're better off waiting for Luke to use it on himself and thus reduce CDs faster).

For CAT, try Padmé lead, with JMK, GK, and GAS in the following crew if you can arrange it. Remove Maul using anyone who has a lot of stacks of Courage, then try to hang on.
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This is a character collecting resource management game. Just do everything you can to boost up your roster. The more this game goes on the more CG wants everyone to have a huge well developed roster. If you want the new things faster you will have to always grow your roster to be ask big as you can.

Sorry, but what you say is a contradiction. Either you manage your resources and use them wisely so you can build your roster effectively and get the best out of it or you have to bloat it to "grow" as fast as possible for a specific GM. To achieve that you use your resources for toons or ships that you will not be needing in the near future or ever.
    If you have a focused roster and use the resources where they are needed, you don't waste gear or credits on toons that are not helpful for your next goal. But that way your GP grows a lot slower as if you just level not needed toons to 50 just so you can slap mods on them etc.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    @Lumiya

I wish you could. I have RC & CAT, but I don't see why they should be kept so exclusive after more than a year. I don't even really see why there has to be a gate at all, since most squads are getting trashed in the event, but if there has to be one, why exclude people that would have been eligible for CAT shards on Normal Mode.

I think that was only for RedCrate on Normal, but whatever it was, if people had attained that crate in the past (even if their first time accomplishing that crate level was after RC/CAT left the rewards), then they've reached the level where they're eligible to earn shards of that toon...so why deny them the chance at Proving Grounds?

I mean, I guess slowing down a whale who can buy their way to SEE the moment that they hit level 85 might be something that they want to do? But previously eligible folks should be currently eligible. There's no getting around that.

@crzydroid

I'm not surprised. There's always outrage when people can't play something. The last time I remember outrage over people being eligible for extra shards was the Malak event mess-up where folks like me got to replay the event for shards (instead of just for fun with no other reward). I hadn't purchased my way up to 7* yet, but some folks had, and I got my last needed shards from replaying the event, which saved me what was at the time the most valuable currency in the game (GET1). The difference between what a few thousand GET1 meant in game to what a few hundred ShardShop currency means in-game now is pretty huge.

I doubt many people will be at all upset that I got a bit of ShardShop Currency (even though I didn't deserve it, or at least we were told that it wasn't intended I would get it).

Yes, there can be a lot of outrage around here, but it's not usually focussed on something as petty as shard shop currency.
  • Options
    The whole event is a joke. Removing CAT shards from the conquest store weeks before the event even went live, removing CAT from shipments and the arbitrary 4 mil requirements.
    Add insult to injury the fights are in no way balanced for R3 and the refill costs 2200 crystals, even executor costs less!
    All in all proving grounds is just an insult to any player that farmed CAT while doing normal conquest.