Replies

• rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    I frankly don’t understand why CG is still going on with Datacrons. All it’s succeeded in doing is anger virtually every active player. I don’t know a single person that has a positive outlook on datacrons. Just like the tournaments from long ago, toss this crap out.

Money.

it seems CG doesn't really know if they want to make money with crons or not :D

there is not a single pack in shop, you can't even refresh the datacron store, and if you need some of these mats, you have to wait for the next tw :/
    Conquest is only running two weeks a month with mats for the latest set.

Without packs for cron materials there is no chance for CG to make any money with it.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    7) make them optional in GAC (see screenshot below)

oixegrvnvwm9.png
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Could we also have a no DC vs DC league while we’re at it?

Let's have all the leagues

1) 5v5 or 3v3
    2) DC or no DC
    3) DC or DC excluding GL DC
    4) GL or no GL
    5) 6 GL or 5 GL
    5) f2p or p2p
    6) ships or no ships

What else have people asked for that I missed? With all the different possible combinations I'm sure we could have hundreds of different leagues by now, let's make it happen CG!

GAS or no GAS, Malak or no Malak, Executor or not, Mods, and you forgot the "Only I get them" option

Guaranteed win every round when no one else shows up!

You will get your wish after a few more 3v3 GAC’s with datacrons…
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like wishful thinking to me, but I wish you luck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Verdict is still out on DCs, let’s see how it rotates set in the future. I do see it adds a new dimension to the game. Since I don’t spend any, I usually don’t complain about a new game mode since it is free for me to play anyway.

Most of material comes for free from conquest. I did spend some ally points or shard currencies and used more conquest energy refreshes than what is necessary to max conquest, so there is some resources diverted to DCs, but overall I considered my resources spent on DCs is very minimum and I still managed have 3 L9, 5 L6 and a lot of useful L3 to make it fun.

My number of DCs would not be competitive with whales, but it doesn’t really matter anyway in the current GAC MM format. I also invest 0 GAC omicron too:) as long as I can safely stay in Kyber 1 and collecting my 50% win rate K1 crystals, I consider DCs just as another game mode to have fun, and have some whales interested in prolong the longevity of this game.

This reflects my outlook on the game post-DCs. With the Set 2 economy, you can craft pretty much all the desirable L9s with proper planning, 3x daily refreshes in Conquest energy, and not absolute garbage luck with rerolls; plus a bevy of L3-L6 left over. I look at DCs and see just another game mechanic that rewards roster management over gameplay; I much prefer engaging with the former over the latter.

Datacron has inherited the worst experiences from relics (hard farm) and mods (gear gates and rng). Yeah, really fun game mechanism indeed!

• Options
    Antario wrote: »
    Verdict is still out on DCs, let’s see how it rotates set in the future. I do see it adds a new dimension to the game. Since I don’t spend any, I usually don’t complain about a new game mode since it is free for me to play anyway.

Most of material comes for free from conquest. I did spend some ally points or shard currencies and used more conquest energy refreshes than what is necessary to max conquest, so there is some resources diverted to DCs, but overall I considered my resources spent on DCs is very minimum and I still managed have 3 L9, 5 L6 and a lot of useful L3 to make it fun.

My number of DCs would not be competitive with whales, but it doesn’t really matter anyway in the current GAC MM format. I also invest 0 GAC omicron too:) as long as I can safely stay in Kyber 1 and collecting my 50% win rate K1 crystals, I consider DCs just as another game mode to have fun, and have some whales interested in prolong the longevity of this game.

This reflects my outlook on the game post-DCs. With the Set 2 economy, you can craft pretty much all the desirable L9s with proper planning, 3x daily refreshes in Conquest energy, and not absolute garbage luck with rerolls; plus a bevy of L3-L6 left over. I look at DCs and see just another game mechanic that rewards roster management over gameplay; I much prefer engaging with the former over the latter.

Datacron has inherited the worst experiences from relics (hard farm) and mods (gear gates and rng). Yeah, really fun game mechanism indeed!

How is DC farming “hard”? 😆 All I have to do is refresh Conquest energy 3x daily and hit auto on the right node.

At least with DCs, your rng factor or mistakes go away in a few months’ time. With mods and gear, you are permanently behind someone who did it right the first time, meaning you cannot catch up without outspending them later. DCs are far fairer than mods or gear.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

How is DC farming “hard”? 😆 All I have to do is refresh Conquest energy 3x daily and hit auto on the right node.

At least with DCs, your rng factor or mistakes go away in a few months’ time. With mods and gear, you are permanently behind someone who did it right the first time, meaning you cannot catch up without outspending them later. DCs are far fairer than mods or gear.

Wut, how can you do mods or gear wrong? Mods are not rng, someone who have poured same amount of resources will have a similar mod roster to yours, this is how statistics work. I think what you mean is people have better mods than you do because they've been farming them much longer, no?

Meanwhile when a crowd gets to try something only 10 times there can be huge differences in the outcomes.
  • Options

[/quote]

At least with DCs, your rng factor or mistakes go away in a few months’ time. With mods and gear, you are permanently behind someone who did it right the first time, meaning you cannot catch up without outspending them later. DCs are far fairer than mods or gear.[/quote]

That’s a terrible argument.
  • Options

At least with DCs, your rng factor or mistakes go away in a few months’ time. With mods and gear, you are permanently behind someone who did it right the first time, meaning you cannot catch up without outspending them later. DCs are far fairer than mods or gear.[/quote]

That’s a terrible argument.[/quote]

That’s a terrible reply.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I prefer gear / mods over datacons

Sure some datacons has an unfair advantage and seems to make up for "mistakes".

But these are here for 3 months. So your "mistakes" will bite u back in 3 months if u dont work on it.

And imho, there is no "mistakes" in this game. Sure unsound choices can be made, but it seems all toons are needed for one thing or another. Is just a time factor on how fast u get there.

R9 CUP!!!
  • Options

I wonder if we are playing the same game. Why DC/material farm is harder than mod/relic material farm?

1. Need specific high reliced teams and disk combo to be able to hit auto on good hard nodes.
    2. Farm restrict by energy (20!) AND stamina
    3. no possibility to SIM
    4. Conquest not permanently available.
    5. Farm result very random. Sometimes you only get credits.

I won’t comment on the second part of what you said, because it‘s too hilarious.

1. What’s so hard about having 6 GLs, 3x AA disks, 1x Vitality, and 1x Dread disk? Pretty sure we’re playing the same game based on roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/337141285/characters/

2. The energy cost is irrelevant. You can build up two L9 DCs from just doing 3x Conquest energy daily for the duration of event plus red crate. I did it, you can probably do it too if you complained less and tried harder. Stamina doesn’t matter because you have 6 GLs plus SE and 501st. You use up all energy faster than daily stamina recharge without BP+.

3. Who cares about sim? It’s about two extra clicks, hit auto in battle and hit ok at the end. 😆

4. Doesn’t matter, you can get two L9s from the event and that’s good enough to be competitive as currently structured by CG. Maybe if they provide 5-6 really good L9s instead of the 2-3 each set, it would be a problem, but they don’t.

5. The credits are just as important of a drop as the binding 2 or the breakdown 3. You would know if you weren’t so bad at DCs.

So hilarious because I’m correct and you know it. 😛
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Wut, how can you do mods or gear wrong? Mods are not rng, someone who have poured same amount of resources will have a similar mod roster to yours, this is how statistics work. I think what you mean is people have better mods than you do because they've been farming them much longer, no?

Meanwhile when a crowd gets to try something only 10 times there can be huge differences in the outcomes.

Not sure where my earlier reply went, so I’ll go ahead and repeat it.

You absolutely can gear wrong by farming inefficiently or buying suboptimally with guild tokens or shard shop currency.

You absolutely can mod wrong by taking bad mods to 6dot, not buying slicing mats with GAC currency, and not checking/buying from the mod store.

If you gear or mod wrong and another player gears or mods correctly, assuming both players spend equally with the same time in game, the latter will have a permanent advantage going forward.

If I happen to have a bad Set 1 and another player has a great Set 1, the latter’s advantage goes away after about 3 months and we’re back to almost equal footing.

Get it?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options

You absolutely can gear wrong by farming inefficiently or buying suboptimally with guild tokens or shard shop currency.

You absolutely can mod wrong by taking bad mods to 6dot, not buying slicing mats with GAC currency, and not checking/buying from the mod store.

If you gear or mod wrong and another player gears or mods correctly, assuming both players spend equally with the same time in game, the latter will have a permanent advantage going forward.

If I happen to have a bad Set 1 and another player has a great Set 1, the latter’s advantage goes away after about 3 months and we’re back to almost equal footing.

Get it?

I think you are not getting it. Don’t you realize you just shot yourself in the foot with your own reasoning?

Modding is not all about luck at farming. As you pointed out you can have over 100 +25 speed but if you put them on the wrong characters your mod advantage is vaporized. The mod advantage older/experienced players have over you is their knowledge about game mechanics and how correct modding is able to manipulate them.

DC works the same way. But RNG and ROI is way worse. And the magnitude how DC manipulates the game mechanics is too OP (especially with GL). That‘s what people is complaining about here.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

I saw your previous message, either you edited it or the word skrew caused it to disappear. Anyway I've known no players that have been playing in the long term that did 500 mods wrong, maybe a few at the very beginning, but the entire mod inventory done the wrong way? I've yet to see that. What generally happens is that some players don't care/can't be bothered to work on their mods and has the nonsensical belief that it's about luck as an excuse to ignore them. You can also ofc use those mods badly, but this doesn't have much to do with having them.

In short I don't agree with your reasoning due to what I wrote in the previous message. Rng is the main factor for crons with equal resources spent on them. Rng is not a factor for mods with equal resources spent on them, the difference will be very minor. This is not even an opinion, it's just a statistical fact. If we were also getting datacrons thousands of times, it wouldn't be a factor for them either.
  • Lumiya
    1487 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

That’s a terrible argument.[/quote]

That’s a terrible reply.[/quote]

You base your whole argument on one thing that falls apart quite quickly: Is it possible you have forgotten something? Let me give you a hint: It has to do with lots of players that can't play hard mode.

Less/worse rewards in normal and easy. No 2 L9 DCs and not enough reroll materials to try to get the lucky shot 6 times in a reroll row.

In addition to that, at least half of the playerbase does not have 10 full R5/R7 teams.
    If you use your resources wisely, you know that there are certain toons in squads that do their job just fine at G12 and only relic important/ essential characters in squads.

Why would CG implement something in the game that at least half of the playerbase can't use(to the full extend)?
    It would be different if they made it easier/faster to get to Relics, but as it is now, it is no wonder many players dislike DCs, especially if they can't even use them/use them wirh their full potential.

I will not touch on the other points like GL overpower, there are enough comments about those subjects that make DCs unliked.

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    @Hermitthedruid @MaruMaru

You both have valid points. I think the truth lies somewhere between. DC RNG bad luck goes always in 3 months, but it can really hurt your game experience in that 3 months if bad luck (which can happen far easier due to low number of retry, as statistics anomaly can more likely to happen). Over long periods of time, it can still even out as you might got lucky as well, so just be patient and complain less:)

You can definitely mod wrong as well, but due to longer history of mod and large number theory, it really has a little RNG effect after a while. You might have some bad choice on modding, but those mistakes also get washed out because you really only need good mods on top toons. Some bad decision gets washed out as it won’t impact you long term either. Those mods on toons you barely use won’t matter, and bad 6E mods can go on to crew members for the same benefit anyway etc.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

You both have valid points. I think the truth lies somewhere between. DC RNG bad luck goes always in 3 months, but it can really hurt your game experience in that 3 months if bad luck (which can happen far easier due to low number of retry, as statistics anomaly can more likely to happen). Over long periods of time, it can still even out as you might got lucky as well, so just be patient and complain less:)

You can definitely mod wrong as well, but due to longer history of mod and large number theory, it really has a little RNG effect after a while. You might have some bad choice on modding, but those mistakes also get washed out because you really only need good mods on top toons. Some bad decision gets washed out as it won’t impact you long term either. Those mods on toons you barely use won’t matter, and bad 6E mods can go on to crew members for the same benefit anyway etc.

My problem with crons don't have much to do with rng I got. I have r9 from both sets. The problem for me is that it makes matches stale due to gl focus and low clearance and zero change on the reward level despite the new cost it introduced.
  • Options

Get it?

I think you are not getting it. Don’t you realize you just shot yourself in the foot with your own reasoning?

Modding is not all about luck at farming. As you pointed out you can have over 100 +25 speed but if you put them on the wrong characters your mod advantage is vaporized. The mod advantage older/experienced players have over you is their knowledge about game mechanics and how correct modding is able to manipulate them.

DC works the same way. But RNG and ROI is way worse. And the magnitude how DC manipulates the game mechanics is too OP (especially with GL). That‘s what people is complaining about here.

False equivalency. I’m not interested in arguing about mod luck, but it is a permanent advantage if you invest wisely into mods vs if you don’t. That knowledge gap early on never goes away, so it is definitely unfair to those players who are casual or not competitive early on, but wish to be later down the line.

DCs are inherently fairer to those players I just mentioned, because of the temporary nature of the game mechanic.

And so what if DCs carry more of the power budget going forward, to the detriment of mods and gear? Imo that’s a good thing, it will ensure the whales won’t permanently outclass the F2P, low spenders, and newer players indefinitely; the whales must pay to maintain that advantage gap on a temporary basis. That sounds quite fair to me.
  • Options

Get it?

I saw your previous message, either you edited it or the word skrew caused it to disappear. Anyway I've known no players that have been playing in the long term that did 500 mods wrong, maybe a few at the very beginning, but the entire mod inventory done the wrong way? I've yet to see that. What generally happens is that some players don't care/can't be bothered to work on their mods and has the nonsensical belief that it's about luck as an excuse to ignore them. You can also ofc use those mods badly, but this doesn't have much to do with having them.

In short I don't agree with your reasoning due to what I wrote in the previous message. Rng is the main factor for crons with equal resources spent on them. Rng is not a factor for mods with equal resources spent on them, the difference will be very minor. This is not even an opinion, it's just a statistical fact. If we were also getting datacrons thousands of times, it wouldn't be a factor for them either.

The mod difference gap may shrink over time as both players invest equally into mods, but there is an absolute mod disparity that will remain unless the weaker player on the front end makes up the difference with spending on the back end.

For example, my ModQ rating currently sits at 7.64 at 8.6mil GP. The weakest ModQ rating in my guild is 3.97 at 8.7mil GP. In no world will he ever realistically catch up to me in ModQ without seriously spending. However, he can easily match me on DCs from a month to month basis, because any rng difference that may benefit one of us will be reset in a few months’ time. There is no such equalization factor with our mods.

Get it?
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

That’s a terrible argument.

That’s a terrible reply.[/quote]

You base your whole argument on one thing that falls apart quite quickly: Is it possible you have forgotten something? Let me give you a hint: It has to do with lots of players that can't play hard mode.

Less/worse rewards in normal and easy. No 2 L9 DCs and not enough reroll materials to try to get the lucky shot 6 times in a reroll row.

In addition to that, at least half of the playerbase does not have 10 full R5/R7 teams.
    If you use your resources wisely, you know that there are certain toons in squads that do their job just fine at G12 and only relic important/ essential characters in squads.

Why would CG implement something in the game that at least half of the playerbase can't use(to the full extend)?
    It would be different if they made it easier/faster to get to Relics, but as it is now, it is no wonder many players dislike DCs, especially if they can't even use them/use them wirh their full potential.

I will not touch on the other points like GL overpower, there are enough comments about those subjects that make DCs unliked.

Edit for typo[/quote]

Players who can’t do hard mode or don’t have 6 GLs plus Exec currently, should probably shore up those deficiencies before tackling DCs, correct.

DCs are an endgame concern. Newer and weaker players should engage with all the other permanent sources of power like getting all GLs and having a good mod base, before sinking crystals and shard shop currency into DCs.
  • Options

Yes, good points.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

The mod difference gap may shrink over time as both players invest equally into mods, but there is an absolute mod disparity that will remain unless the weaker player on the front end makes up the difference with spending on the back end.

For example, my ModQ rating currently sits at 7.64 at 8.6mil GP. The weakest ModQ rating in my guild is 3.97 at 8.7mil GP. In no world will he ever realistically catch up to me in ModQ without seriously spending. However, he can easily match me on DCs from a month to month basis, because any rng difference that may benefit one of us will be reset in a few months’ time. There is no such equalization factor with our mods.

Get it?

I don't see why you keep adding "get it?" at the end of your argument as if you are making an intricate argument. What I got is that pal you have that has serious mod q difference with you did much lesser investment in mods than you did or is a later player who spent his way to that gp. So no, that difference isn't caused by rng whatsoever.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

False equivalency. I’m not interested in arguing about mod luck, but it is a permanent advantage if you invest wisely into mods vs if you don’t. That knowledge gap early on never goes away, so it is definitely unfair to those players who are casual or not competitive early on, but wish to be later down the line.

DCs are inherently fairer to those players I just mentioned, because of the temporary nature of the game mechanic.

And so what if DCs carry more of the power budget going forward, to the detriment of mods and gear? Imo that’s a good thing, it will ensure the whales won’t permanently outclass the F2P, low spenders, and newer players indefinitely; the whales must pay to maintain that advantage gap on a temporary basis. That sounds quite fair to me.

Your sense of fairness is very unfair. What's wrong for long-time players getting rewarded for being loyal customer and actively playing this game over several years? If CG introduces mechanisms like DC with the intention to negate that effect as you proclaimed, then they shall not complain about seasoned players leaving because obviously loyalty to this game does not pay off anymore. By the way, it does not only apply to whales. I'm a F2P player for over 4 years. I accumulated the same long-term advantage in modding and through superior resource management. In your view it's also an unfair advantage? I don't compete against new players in GAC. I mostly compete against whales in my bracket. Datacrons are hurting me more than the whales that's for sure.

Guess who is better in quickly adapt to temporary advantages? Yes, whales.
  • Options

Get it?

Get it?

I don't see why you keep adding "get it?" at the end of your argument as if you are making an intricate argument. What I got is that pal you have that has serious mod q difference with you did much lesser investment in mods than you did or is a later player who spent his way to that gp. So no, that difference isn't caused by rng whatsoever.

You’re the one who’s pushing the mod luck angle, not me. I said players can mod wrong, which includes not investing into mods early on that creates a mod difference that is effectively insurmountable for the weaker player unless he catches up later on with spending.

The comparison I’m making with DCs is that DC rng and investment gets reset basically every few months. This is a much fairer system than mods.

Get it yet?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

Get it?

You’re the one who’s pushing the mod luck angle, not me. I said players can mod wrong, which includes not investing into mods early on that creates a mod difference that is effectively insurmountable for the weaker player unless he catches up later on with spending.

The comparison I’m making with DCs is that DC rng and investment gets reset basically every few months. This is a much fairer system than mods.

Get it yet?

Nop. Your previous argument was that mods cause worse rng problems than dcs and now you dropped that. I will never get your weak argument at this pace and why you think being rude is proper conduct.
  • Options

Get it?

Your sense of fairness is very unfair. What's wrong for long-time players getting rewarded for being loyal customer and actively playing this game over several years? If CG introduces mechanisms like DC with the intention to negate that effect as you proclaimed, then they shall not complain about seasoned players leaving because obviously loyalty to this game does not pay off anymore. By the way, it does not only apply to whales. I'm a F2P player for over 4 years. I accumulated the same long-term advantage in modding and through superior resource management. In your view it's also an unfair advantage? I don't compete against new players in GAC. I mostly compete against whales in my bracket. Datacrons are hurting me more than the whales that's for sure.

Go back and check the transcript. I never said long term investment into mods and gear is unfair. I said the temporary nature of DCs is a “fairer” system than mods/gear because advantage gets reset. There’s a difference, maybe you should learn what nuance means.

Long term players already get plenty of advantages from higher crystal income to first pass engagement of new content. DCs are the first equalization mechanic for endgame players in the whole history of the game, at least with respect to money spent.

I don’t claim to know if DCs are worth it or not for CG, so I’m not going to take that bait.

I have no problem with whales getting an advantage over me with DCs at all. I do know that they have to keep spending in perpetuity if they want to maintain that advantage gap; that’s what I care about in a competitive sense.
  • Options
    Datacron Mats- maybe I missed this but needed to verify. The datacrons are gone on Sep 5th- do we lose all unused mats as well, and cache? Or can they be saved for the next round?
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Datacron Mats- maybe I missed this but needed to verify. The datacrons are gone on Sep 5th- do we lose all unused mats as well, and cache? Or can they be saved for the next round?

Data cache is global, meaning it's the same for every set.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Get it?

Get it?

Get it yet?

Nop. Your previous argument was that mods cause worse rng problems than dcs and now you dropped that. I will never get your weak argument at this pace and why you think being rude is proper conduct.

Go back and check the transcript, then quote me verbatim where I ever discussed mod rng or said it’s worse rng than DCs. You won’t find what you think I’ve said, because I never said it. You came to this discussion with preconceived notions and misinterpret what I say to fit those notions, and tried to argue from there. And that is why you fail this argument.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

Get it?

Get it yet?

Go back and check the transcript, then quote me verbatim where I ever discussed mod rng or said it’s worse rng than DCs. You won’t find what you think I’ve said, because I never said it. You came to this discussion with preconceived notions and misinterpret what I say to fit those notions, and tried to argue from there. And that is why you fail this argument.

You are right, you never directly said that, just that some of what you said seems to imply the difference in mod outcomes have something to do with rng difference between players. My bad.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options

Get it?

Go back and check the transcript. I never said long term investment into mods and gear is unfair. I said the temporary nature of DCs is a “fairer” system than mods/gear because advantage gets reset. There’s a difference, maybe you should learn what nuance means.

Long term players already get plenty of advantages from higher crystal income to first pass engagement of new content. DCs are the first equalization mechanic for endgame players in the whole history of the game, at least with respect to money spent.

I don’t claim to know if DCs are worth it or not for CG, so I’m not going to take that bait.

I have no problem with whales getting an advantage over me with DCs at all. I do know that they have to keep spending in perpetuity if they want to maintain that advantage gap; that’s what I care about in a competitive sense.

I wonder why you think DC is a "fairer" equalization mechanic to challenge whaling endgame players? The definition of a whale is someone, who continuously spend large amount of money in in game purchase. Otherwise they can be hardly considered whales, right?

Now, as someone, who do not whale/not spend money on this game at all, I actually have the same interest like you: to equalize my disadvantage of not spending. I do this via more efficiency in roster management and modding. So far it proved to be quite fair for me. Time spent vs money spent. I fail to see how DC is going to accomplish this for me more easily. It's not that I compete against players, who have no idea how to use datacrons. The only difference is, most of them can/want spend money, I don't. It's an arms race I cannot win. With efficient modding and roster management on the other hand, the gap will become smaller, the longer you play. That's the equalization mechanic, which is fun and does not feel cheap.
This discussion has been closed.