Game Freezes / Infinite loading screen glitch

Replies

• Options
    xpsm7gp0s6le.jpg
    Another GAC lost to a freeze going into battle.

Great first round of GAC CG....
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Seriously, where is the update on this? We at least got some recognition of the bug when it apparently started happening to everyone, but what about the freezes for the last month for Android users?

They recognized the increased crashes after the title update. The update on that bug is: CG is investigating. Your best bet is to just accept that this is now part of the game for Android users.

That's ridiculous and an unacceptable position for CG to take (and for what its worth I don't think they will) . If a particular model of car started stalling intermittently due to something done by the manufacturer, I don't think the manufacturer's position would be "oh well, tough luck for owners of that model. Deal with it". We're not talking about an insignificant bug here. This is a total freeze requiring restart, and is costing players GAC battles, crystals, conquest energy, TW matches, TB battles....etc. the list goes on.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    has it been fixed? Would be nice if there was official word on it lol. Been waiting to fight in GAC because of it

I got a client update last night.

So did I. Yet, as the guy you responded to pointed out, there's nothing here from the Dev team explaining what it was/fixed. To test it, I used my alt account and played through my GAC. No issues. Also, no BAM to deal with either, I idk if that's been fixed. At least I had no issues with fleets. But that account also is inconsequential to me if things go poorly.

But not doing anything in my main account until it's either too late to wait or they give word it's officially been dealt with. Seeing others still posting freezes as of about 45 minutes ago, so it may not have been that client update taking care of the issues after all. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I had a soft lock on fleets too, there's really no way around a freeze on fleets and I had two. malevolence and finalizer to waste. needless to say I failed to clear and my opponent doesn't seem to have had any issues since he managed to clear me out and take the 900 crystals despite playing worse than I did on ground battles. I really hope you call this round off and restart ONLY when you know you fixed this.

and i play on ios, iphone 13.

1. They will not restart, because they aren't bothered by the affected GA's (which we actually have no idea how many it was)
    2. They have already fixed the new freezes with a stealth update overnight
    3. They may never fix the freezes introduced with the last title update, so be prepared for that

Where is there any official communication from the Devs that #2 is accurate? There's none.

And there's still people reporting BAM and fleet freezes as of the last 45 minutes, so that inference is definitely suspect at best...
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I had a soft lock on fleets too, there's really no way around a freeze on fleets and I had two. malevolence and finalizer to waste. needless to say I failed to clear and my opponent doesn't seem to have had any issues since he managed to clear me out and take the 900 crystals despite playing worse than I did on ground battles. I really hope you call this round off and restart ONLY when you know you fixed this.

1. They will not restart, because they aren't bothered by the affected GA's (which we actually have no idea how many it was)
    3. They may never fix the freezes introduced with the last title update, so be prepared for that

Where is there any official communication from the Devs that #2 is accurate? There's none.

And there's still people reporting BAM and fleet freezes as of the last 45 minutes, so that inference is definitely suspect at best...

There has been no official communication, nor do I expect any. But I really doubt you've seen any fresh reports of BAM-related soft locks since the update late last night. Everything I've seen, including personal experience, is that that specific bug has been fixed.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously, where is the update on this? We at least got some recognition of the bug when it apparently started happening to everyone, but what about the freezes for the last month for Android users?

They recognized the increased crashes after the title update. The update on that bug is: CG is investigating. Your best bet is to just accept that this is now part of the game for Android users.

That's ridiculous and an unacceptable position for CG to take (and for what its worth I don't think they will) . If a particular model of car started stalling intermittently due to something done by the manufacturer, I don't think the manufacturer's position would be "oh well, tough luck for owners of that model. Deal with it". We're not talking about an insignificant bug here. This is a total freeze requiring restart, and is costing players GAC battles, crystals, conquest energy, TW matches, TB battles....etc. the list goes on.

That's a false equivalency. An intermittent bug in a car could kill you. An intermittent bug in a mobile game will not do that.

I understand how widespread the freezes are, but CG has already said what they were going to say. I've been here since launch, and this is exactly how the missing buttons started. I will be genuinely shocked if they ever actually fix this, and will be mildly surprised if they say anything bout it more than quarterly moving forward.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    What amaze me is, 3 weeks ago, they introduced a lots of change related to the UI and Mod managment, and they said they are working on the freezing bug, yesterday a small patch with nothing to do with the freeze BUT the freeze did increase after this patch ...... something is wrong in their patch note or they just trying to hide their **** ...
  • Options

There has been no official communication, nor do I expect any. But I really doubt you've seen any fresh reports of BAM-related soft locks since the update late last night. Everything I've seen, including personal experience, is that that specific bug has been fixed.

Go look on the bug reports. 6 hours ago was the last specific BAM related freeze reported, and it happened to the guy multiple times vs. that same team. That's well after the update 12 hours or so ago.

Then there's still others having the issue multiple times in a row fighting GL's, and those have been reported in the last couple hours. So, you don't know and can't confirm they fixed it...and these reports would lean towards it isn't entirely fixed...even if it stabilized things for some, it definitely isn't across the board.
  • Options
    So i'm gonna be out about what, 600 crystals, because i had a fleet gac fight freeze not once but twice last night? You guys need to restart gac, man
  • Options
    reported my soft lock going into ships last night in the other thread. full cleared with ship dregs and lost my round. CG need to issue a make good imo. This was a gamewide issue in the middle of a gac round.

yt86t95rtez7.jpg

• Options
    Agreed. Going to keep posting in this thread and the others to keep them at the top of the discussions to hopefully get some attention
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Go look on the bug reports. 6 hours ago was the last specific BAM related freeze reported, and it happened to the guy multiple times vs. that same team. That's well after the update 12 hours or so ago.

Then there's still others having the issue multiple times in a row fighting GL's, and those have been reported in the last couple hours. So, you don't know and can't confirm they fixed it...and these reports would lean towards it isn't entirely fixed...even if it stabilized things for some, it definitely isn't across the board.

You'll have to link them. A spot check shows that while EA_Gunner responded to a bunch 6 hours ago, they were all reported 14+ hours ago.

I have not claimed that they fixed the freezing issue introduced with the title update a few weeks ago, merely that there was an update overnight, and since then using/fighting BAM is no longer a guaranteed crash. It could still crash because of the previous crash bug that does still exist.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

I got by it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    dacejoy99 wrote: »
    This loading freeze has been happening for weeks and not just since this last glorious update. I won't spend another cent until this garbage is fixed.

It has but... bam garunteed it to happen. Thinking seperate issues
  • Options

That's a false equivalency. An intermittent bug in a car could kill you. An intermittent bug in a mobile game will not do that.

I don't know... seeing how wound up some of the folks are here on the forums...
  • Options
    There is another post ppl everywhere are getting crashes i had at least 5 myself
  • Options
    For some reason the help section of the game is also still not working. Have we got any official response yet besides just looking into it?

This issue is the cause for my loss in GAC so I hope they compensate and rectify the problem.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Pryrates wrote: »
    Is this going to be addressed? I know I lost after loosing 3 teams due to infinite loading and others did too. There was even a thread about it last night and it seems to be gone now or I can't find it.

They were all merged into the other one about the crashes that started a few weeks ago. It is unlikely to be addressed by CG in any way, shape, or form.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Thank you for posting about the hot fix being applied. Can you also let us know what will be done for all the players who were unfortunate enough to do live bug testing 😅
    There is no reason to ignore reality to fit your personal narrative
  • Options
    I just received infinity loading screen im GAC now like the days before. Its frustrating now and it happens since the end of September.
  • Options
    The fact that CG is allowing this charade of a GAC to continue just shows me they have plunged to new depths of contempt towards it's players and customers. There was a time when CG cared about the quality and fairness of it's competitive modes and they would kill a GAC for something far less than this.

But not now, nope those that suffered due to CG's incompetence just get to whistle in the wind.
  • Options
    It's not just GAC, happening in Conquest as well. Wasting energy galore.
  • Options
    Lost this round purely and simply because of these freezes and the fact my opponent set BAM up front. Where is the make good?
  • Options
    tviz2j53ewgn.jpg
    Another GAC lost due to crash. Simply infuriating they don't address it.
  • Options
    I had a soft lock and lost my JMK squad in GAC well after the fix.

Also, before the update even went out yesterday, I even got a loading screen when simming the assault battle
  • Options
    The fix fixed nada. Thought I'd try a ship battle in GAC at about 4 today, but I got an immediate LOADING screen of terror.

Had another loading freeze in a squad battle during GAC too.