Is galactic conquest worth the headache?

Prev134
I've never been a huge fan of conquest as many players seem to feel the same way. I find little motivation to progress beyond a certain point as I feel the rewards arent worth the trouble. Largely the conquest only toons that are almost impossible to farm for since the event doesn't last long enough or occur enough to acquire enough currency to buy their shards or when you have to purchase the pass to access them only for them to then be removed and placed into a random event that is even harder to beat. This happened with malgus where I got him to almost the halfway point only for him to be taken out of rotation and placed into those conquest events that happen at random and no matter how hard I try to beat them I always lose even with my strongest teams. It's so frustrating when something cool is released only to become conquest accessible because it will only last for a short time in the shop before being removed.

Replies

• Options
    It's different for different people. Can see how it would be frustrating not to be able to access a toon you want. For people with developed rosters though it's pretty easy. Takes me roughly 8 days to complete everything then just press the sim button the last 6 days. As your roster grows it will become increasingly easier.
  • Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I've never been a huge fan of conquest as many players seem to feel the same way. I find little motivation to progress beyond a certain point as I feel the rewards arent worth the trouble. Largely the conquest only toons that are almost impossible to farm for since the event doesn't last long enough or occur enough to acquire enough currency to buy their shards or when you have to purchase the pass to access them only for them to then be removed and placed into a random event that is even harder to beat. This happened with malgus where I got him to almost the halfway point only for him to be taken out of rotation and placed into those conquest events that happen at random and no matter how hard I try to beat them I always lose even with my strongest teams. It's so frustrating when something cool is released only to become conquest accessible because it will only last for a short time in the shop before being removed.

Are you doing hard mode?

I think conquest is worth it just for the stuff you can buy with conquest currency. There's tons of really cheap gear. It's also the only place in the game where you can purchase signal data without spending xtalpurpgems.

I try really hard to avoid having to deal with proving grounds though. Play hard mode, get the red box, buy the baby conquest pass - For all the rewards you get, I think it's absolutely worth it. As a bonus, you don't have to worry about proving grounds.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yes superpain. Needs insane amount of grinding and same matches

5 repetitive matches per day for many squads. And they first said CQ is mode where you can use your roster. Bah GL GL GL CLS to and bonus node for feats as those bonuses are insane and discs are too

Ungh

-D
  • Options
    If your roster is young and growing less than at least 7 million GP all your availiable resources should be going into catching up - farming Galactic Legends, building your mod inventory, working on teams for Territory Wars and Territory Battles.
    Conquest chasing is really for the folks with established rosters and nothing else to do without something new to push for.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Totally disagree with the previous poster. It’s definitely worth it, and it HELPED me built out my roster. I’m still under 7M and can regularly get gold crate on hard. Try to map out your farming path around teams that do well in Conquest. It pays off big time. You don’t have to go hard on every one, just the characters you really want. The rest of the time you can get as far as you can, and pick up g12 gold gear, datacron mats, and signal data easy.

Proving Grounds is not random, btw. It happens after every Conquest.

It’s a grind, yes. But it pays off.
  • Options
    Not worth the effort for me as well. Mostly bc of the garbage rng and disks you want to drop. At 8.8 mill I shouldnt need to waste time planning out teams to beat Overprepared 17 different ways.
  • Options
    Crate 6 for two cycles in a row gives 270 shards of new unit (3x65=195, 3x25=75, 195+75=270) Buy 10shards from wandering scavenger once per conquest (6x10=60) and you can have every new conquest unit without using proving grounds or worrying with the grinding feats (can skip 134 points and still get crate 6).

Conquest is only a grind if you choose it to be.
  • Options
    i’m a Crate 3 or 4 kind of guy.
  • Options

5 repetitive matches per day for many squads. And they first said CQ is mode where you can use your roster. Bah GL GL GL CLS to and bonus node for feats as those bonuses are insane and discs are too

Ungh

-D

It used to be fun. I used to look at the modifiers of each team and plan my route through. Now it's just select team for the feats and press auto it's so unnecessarily grindy and boring
  • Options
    It is not, because it takes tooooo much dedicated times.

But, it does give some rewards.
    For players who don't spend money, the rewards are still nicer than no rewards.

So...
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The first season was definitely the best, by FAR. Then it got a lot worse. Then a little better. Would be great if it was more fun again. I enjoy solving the "puzzles" and getting to use various teams..but the grind is WAY too much.

Ungh

-D

It used to be fun. I used to look at the modifiers of each team and plan my route through. Now it's just select team for the feats and press auto it's so unnecessarily grindy and boring

• Options

Are you doing hard mode?

I think conquest is worth it just for the stuff you can buy with conquest currency. There's tons of really cheap gear. It's also the only place in the game where you can purchase signal data without spending xtalpurpgems.

I try really hard to avoid having to deal with proving grounds though. Play hard mode, get the red box, buy the baby conquest pass - For all the rewards you get, I think it's absolutely worth it. As a bonus, you don't have to worry about proving grounds.

If you can get red crate proving grounds shouldn't be an issue for you
  • Jacgul
    243 posts Member
    Options
    DarthA wrote: »

Are you doing hard mode?

It's takes forever and a day though
  • Options
    If you ever spend money on the game, the $10 pass is by far the best investment. The red crate is doable for most accounts over like 6-7mil (see @CeliacSarah videos for her doing it on a 3 gl account). While the grind is annoying and I dislike the repetitive 40 battles as well, I enjoy trying to figure out how to get things to work (like phoenix with rex, my g12 team with a 3 star rex got it vs the first treasure node, with a 280 speed rex and 2 aa, can beat it 3 times in a row (I think I need 77% stamina to outspeed enemy echo) so it only needs 7 days for me to beat that.

The essentially free legendary level toons is also definitely worth it
  • PickNameToidentifYou
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I 4 legends 8kk GM managed to get to hard mode on fist seasons and was playing it a lot but neer got red crate. Last 6-8 seasosns I do only one crate to get minimal reward and stop and now I do same but spend rest of the energy on sim crates.

On the other hand a few friends of mine 2-3 legends 5-6 kk GM was never able to get red crate on normal mode and move to hard mode cos every 3 month you need to buy heroes for crystals and money to get red crate and every 3 month you need to lvl up and gear to r3-r5 heroes you never had or not used. And they give up and sometimes do not even bother to play conquest cos it takes 30-60 min every day and also you have to do dailyquests + tb\tw+raid that also takes time and reward is crappy for big accounts.

So it is up to you. I say if you are not going to invest money and crystals and time - then minimal box and sim for cratres
  • Options
    Not worth the effort for me as well. Mostly bc of the garbage rng and disks you want to drop. At 8.8 mill I shouldnt need to waste time planning out teams to beat Overprepared 17 different ways.

1000%
  • LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    Getting red crate every time is always worth it IMO.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kaird
    36 posts Member
    Options
    ragnoris wrote: »
    Crate 6 for two cycles in a row gives 270 shards of new unit (3x65=195, 3x25=75, 195+75=270) Buy 10shards from wandering scavenger once per conquest (6x10=60) and you can have every new conquest unit without using proving grounds or worrying with the grinding feats (can skip 134 points and still get crate 6).

Conquest is only a grind if you choose it to be.

Thank you for this. I've said this to many people. Conquest is one of the easiest ways to get top end characters basically for free if you want.
  • Options
    I think at a minimum you should be aiming for the gold crate, so you can unlock the reward character during the next set of conquests.
    A new conquest is my favourite thing in this game right now- trying to figure out the most efficient way to hit all of the feats.
  • Options

Are you doing hard mode?

Hard disagree. The times that PG has been bugged and I've been able to attempt a few of those battles it was a lesson in frustration. Conquest is grindy - but PG is rage inducing. No thanks.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I have gold crate right now with little effort..... I am not "try hard" enough to go for more, so I will get the same character everyone else gets one conquest later......

If I had wanted to take the time to "plan" more, I likely could have done better and saved some crystals.....

This really isn't that hard....
  • Options
    Just got to Box 3 yo!
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    This seemed to be one of the easiest in a bit
  • Options
    I think it really comes down to the data disk you get when you go through the event. This time I got all the drops in the first tier to do the gone in 30 seconds build. It made it super easy to clear the event but it really stunk on getting the achievements. After clearing all the stages, I had to go back and redo my data disk and grind out all the event feats.
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    I think it really comes down to the data disk you get when you go through the event. This time I got all the drops in the first tier to do the gone in 30 seconds build. It made it super easy to clear the event but it really stunk on getting the achievements. After clearing all the stages, I had to go back and redo my data disk and grind out all the event feats.

You can get the feats with the gone in 30 sec sets.
    Once I equipped VA and AA I have yet to take them off. Only have 2 feats to finish to get red crate and they don't matter who does the kills
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Once I equipped VA and AA I have yet to take them off. Only have 2 feats to finish to get red crate and they don't matter who does the kills

I had Thermal exhaust equipped so they just all blew up before my team would be able to get the kills.
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

I had Thermal exhaust equipped so they just all blew up before my team would be able to get the kills.

Kill them before they take turns.
    I had Sabine one shot most in s5
    Chewpio killing 4 at a time in s1
    Cere one shot av in S2 got about 17 kills per battle
    That is pretty much all the kill x with y.
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    They need to make it a lot less tedious. Too many global feats that require repetitive battles. C&C music factory kills require 20 battles (unless you can manage vs. BH or NS) which is over three days of natural energy regeneration. 40 malgus, 40 clones, 20 wookiees. Just so boring to do time and again. Even with trying to use malgus and clones as much as possible in normal battles through the five sectors, I still have 11 malgus and 12 clones left for the last 30 keycards to hit red crate. It is just a big time sink when you have tw, tb, GAC going on (on usually 2 of the 3).
  • Options

Are you doing hard mode?

Hard disagree. The times that PG has been bugged and I've been able to attempt a few of those battles it was a lesson in frustration. Conquest is grindy - but PG is rage inducing. No thanks.

Well, if you get red crate proving grounds really shouldn’t be an issue as you would then unlock the toon way before they go to PG…
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Are you doing hard mode?

Well, if you get red crate proving grounds really shouldn’t be an issue as you would then unlock the toon way before they go to PG…

That only covers the newest conquest units. The point of PG is to obtain units that you can no longer get through any crate in conquest.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.