** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The datamined rewards are substantially better than they were for the droid event, btw. Up to 8 shards (droids were a max of 3). All of the droids are easy to farm, few of the ewoks are.
    Very odd decision-making in Sacramento.. again.

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    I already had Chirpa, bought the 19€99 pack and got 25 shards for him. That's actually a really good deal.
  • Options
    If we buy it, they save a real Ewok in the wild. And if we don't they kill one.
  • Options
    All I want to know is, how does WWF relate to Ewoks? Those are not real bears.

There are beings that relate to bear maybe?
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I don't mind ios getting the event but it would be nice if android users could still buy the ewok packs - at the end of the day if the proceeds are going to a worthwhile charity I'd most likely drop some cash (I bought the droid pack) so it would be good to keep the event ios exclusive but raise more money by selling the packs to android users. Even if they were a £1 more expensive

I think the issue is it's a ios-sponsored event, so even if the open the packs to android the profits wouldn't go to charity.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    100% funds go the the WWF.

Note to everyone you can only buy each bundle 1 time.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The imbalance in the event is bad enough. Offering the first and only cheap packs with proceeds to charity only to half the userbase -- inexcusable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Of course CG/EA had to ruin the update with a platform only event. I feel like they actually love to do it.
  • Options
    How many shards do you get if you already have the characters activated or ready to activate?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Worth it !! Just brought it for fun and it is soooooo cute
  • Options
    All I want to know is, how does WWF relate to Ewoks? Those are not real bears.

Yeah. It's extraordinarily speciest lol
  • CaroCanon
    200 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have to say, this is a great way to get money out of me. I bought both packs, and probably would have even if only half the proceeds went to charity. I'm not blowing money on a silly mobile game, I'm SAVING THE WHALES.

But, I still think platform specific events are kind of lame, even though I understand the Apple appa for earth promotion or whatever.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Can only buy each bundle 1 time.
    So iOS can't spam buy and instantly 7* ewok team.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Can only buy each bundle 1 time.
    So iOS can't spam buy and instantly 7* ewok team.

This is a good thing.
  • Options
    This is by far the best pack they have ever made and all the proceeds to charity is just mindblowing.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    The irony that I've been running a full, maxed ewok team for months and I can't even play this event. Kind of disappointed

How long did that take?? I really want an Ewok team but that seems like it would take forever

I have been farming chirpa since he came out with one refresh everyday. He is currently 56/85. Ewoks are a huge commitment especially if F2P like me.

Which is why I am annoyed I can't play with my little furry friends in this event :(
    Makes me feel like my parents and I crashed our ship on Endor and they were taken by a giant monster and held in a little cage and now I have to go find them with my little sister and wicket after fighting large spiders.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    £4 for 25 Elder shards is very reasonable by f2p standards
    {RotE}
  • Options
    This is my first post and I normally choose to be a silent player. I am very frustrated though with this game and just don't understand why the developers refuse to listen to the players and design a game that the players arent happy with.

After all the negative feedback I saw about the Yoda event the Ewok event is just as bad if not worse in my opinion.

There is no way to play the event without

A. being one of the top 1% of the game who has worked out for the characters needed to even play the event.
    B. paying a bunch of money just to be able to play the event.

I am a hardcore free to play player who doesnt beleive in spending money for games unless that company focuses on the players fun level.

This ewok event is no fun and doesnt seem to be designed to even allow the majority of people to participate.

If I work hard I might be able to get to play the event by the last day. Like the Yoda event by the time I get my characters close the event will expire.

So sorry for ranting but as a person who programs for a living I have to say I am applalled by all the bad decisions of by a company that used to be considered one of the better game developers. Used to be is the key word here
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    Just shut up and appreciate your platform exclusive >.>

+10
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    for $25 total that's... surprisingly not terrible. And the proceeds go to charity?

Bought both.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Powda wrote: »
    Ida know.

I do think that the timing of the gifts being handed out to iOS vs Android have heavily favored to iOS.

iOS got:
    • Poe when was Poe was overpowered (pre nerf)
    • Phasma right before the balance change that could very likely turn Phasma into a monster.
    • Lando (which was subsequently abused by a bunch of people and taken away)
    • Ewoks including a newly released character and a *VERY* hard farm in Ewok Scout.

Android got:
    • Phasma - which is a good character - but nothing compared to Poe, especially with the difficult in farming Cantina credits.
    • Droid event which is great considering IG-88 and IG-86 could potentially be very strong in the new meta... But they're chars that have been around forever and none of them are difficult farms.
    • Poe when he wasn't nearly as relevant (post nerf) in a speed meta that left him in the dust.
    • Nothing like the free Lando.

Having said that... I guess EA can do whatever it feels like, but I really hope that if this continues there is some consideration on EA's part as to what "gifts" are being given to whom and when.

What Poe? I'm on Android and have no Poe.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    @RJ__Brando

I agree. I've been farming the hard nodes for awhile. Glad I'm getting all these boosts to farming with the event. Glad I can't buy my way to the top as it cheapens their rarity. This plus lvl 8 hard nodes means I can have ewok 7* squad in less than 2 months.
  • Options
    Well, I disagree. Cool event, and the ewok bundles are probably the best value I've seen since I started playing. I get it that it's frustrating for f2p players but you can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    for $25 total that's... surprisingly not terrible. And the proceeds go to charity?

Bought both.

So once you play the event 3 times do you get to play it again or are u done?
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

Bought both.
    Considering that ewok is one of the most favorable toon to get right now, im really surprise to see how affordable it is. If only they would make more offer like this in the future.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I think you can 3 turns at the event each day till the 24th of April
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Powda wrote: »
    Ida know.

I do think that the timing of the gifts being handed out to iOS vs Android have heavily favored to iOS.

iOS got:
    • Poe when was Poe was overpowered (pre nerf)
    • Phasma right before the balance change that could very likely turn Phasma into a monster.
    • Lando (which was subsequently abused by a bunch of people and taken away)
    • Ewoks including a newly released character and a *VERY* hard farm in Ewok Scout.

Android got:
    • Phasma - which is a good character - but nothing compared to Poe, especially with the difficult in farming Cantina credits.
    • Droid event which is great considering IG-88 and IG-86 could potentially be very strong in the new meta... But they're chars that have been around forever and none of them are difficult farms.
    • Poe when he wasn't nearly as relevant (post nerf) in a speed meta that left him in the dust.
    • Nothing like the free Lando.

Having said that... I guess EA can do whatever it feels like, but I really hope that if this continues there is some consideration on EA's part as to what "gifts" are being given to whom and when.

What Poe? I'm on Android and have no Poe.

It was a US and Canada exclusive for when the Force Awakens was released on Blu Ray.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    If it's for charity why not let android buy it? More androids out there
  • Options
    New meta- Phasma leading a team of ewoks
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    100% funds go the the WWF.

Note to everyone you can only buy each bundle 1 time.

Haha if we can buy unlimited times ... I won't mind buying 5 of it !!!!