YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    gobears21 wrote: »
    I got T6 yoda yesterday and in order to do it I had to put over 40 purple mats into my jedi.... now they're telling me I didn't need to do that!? I feel a bit cheated here.... why not change raid rewards instead?

I put a furnace in Luminara......still nothing.

Who puts a furnace into lumi? lol
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda event difficulty was just OK, but I think that this change was a necessary measure. Yeah, people don't understand meaning of word 'challenge', obviously, but they are the majority.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I actually planned for Yoda months ago so I started gearing up the right Jedi for him.

Same. When I saw how much trouble people were having with the 7* challenge the last couple times I immediately started farming Barriss. Just got her enough stars for this event as well as Ahsoka.

It seems like most who were having trouble this time were lacking these two.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I got T6 yoda yesterday and in order to do it I had to put over 40 purple mats into my jedi.... now they're telling me I didn't need to do that!? I feel a bit cheated here.... why not change raid rewards instead?

I put a furnace on Lumi too for some extra protection and wouldn't you know she was never even targetted during the winning fight!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    This goes completely against Yoda.

Yoda teaches patience. Persistence. Wisdom.

Those who don't have those qualities do not deserve Yoda.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Youpi they changed it.
    I m not going to delete this game finally
    Ebi wrote: »
    You get a Yoda, and you get a Yoda, everyone gets a Yoda!!

Just awful.

This is called communism

Actually it's democracy. A majority of the population wanted a change it happened.

Communism would be if the money the whales spent on the game to gear and level up was evenly distributed to everyone.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    This might be the most disappointed I've ever been of this game. I enjoy this game and have never complained about it before, but to me CG lost some integrity here.

I've never faced a challenge in a game that was hard and decided that the best course of action was to whine until it was made easier. I researched and tried until it was done. It obviously wasn't impossible, as many were able to do it. Complainers think they're the majority, but they're usually not. They're just the ones who are the loudest.

You got 5 7-star Jedis. Congratulations, that's an accomplishment, but we all did that. You got to the last mile of the race, it got hard, and you decided to complain until someone carried you to the finish line. Good for you. I hope you feel good about it.

And you know they will feel good about it. Because, they are entitled to that Yoda! They deserve that Yoda! Just ask their parents, they'll tell you their little prince snookems deserves everything.

• Options

I did. What of it?
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    @vincentlondon but some animals are more equal than others. (I highly doubt you will get the reference)
  • Options
    trashcanus wrote: »
    It is not nerfed, it's just back to what it used to be when protection wasn't there.

Too bad this isn't true. Try reading the developer updates.
  • Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

Actually it's democracy. A majority of the population wanted a change it happened.

Communism would be if the money the whales spent on the game to gear and level up was evenly distributed to everyone.

Democracy my butt. There was no vote. How can you say the majority wanted a change?
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    No matter what people want to believe, this encounter was over-tuned for the current status quo of players still leveling to L80.

That doesn't say it was "impossible" pre-nerf, since clearly many people have cleared it (myself included). Here is my personal experience and notes clearing it pre-nerf this afternoon. My squad was absolutely nothing special. It was just a combination of the correct Jedi companions and the RNG rolls:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4j8ilp/my_7_yoda_slog_and_some_tipsobservations/

Yes, it was frustrating, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

I am glad the devs actually listened to the feedback and realized they made a mistake. For that, I am satisfied. I won't get my time/hair back from attempting to slog through the L90 version of T7 Yoda, but meh... that's the game. Achievement unlocked.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options

This is exactly right! Just ruined the spirit of the trial. Why even call it a trial. Just deliver Yodas straight to their inbox.
  • Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

Democracy my butt. There was no vote. How can you say the majority wanted a change?

A 400 page thread.
  • Options
    Error_404 wrote: »
    I could beat all the challenges before they nerfed them, and yes it was hard. I can't beat 7* Yoda, I can't even get close. I could accept that it was going to take me being at Level 80 to beat him (I am at 78). But that wasn't the problem. The problem was now I needed to gear up all my Jedi with no way of actually doing that (you know besides waiting months for all these unobtainable pieces).

You didn't need to do that. I did it with only one gear 9 Jedi. I swear I think most people took one stab at him and went screaming for the trees.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

You've got to be kidding. There is nothing democratic about this. This is 100% pure entitlement at its best.
  • Options
    It is not nerfed, it's just back to what it used to be when protection wasn't there.

I did, several times.
    Maybe I don't understand what I'm reading, I guess.
  • Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

A 400 page thread.

Being vocal does not mean being the majority. Without a vote, you cannot say the majority wanted it.
  • samjp
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't read this whole thread so people may have mentioned it, but two things that I think should be changed is Yoda gaining foresight even when his attack is dodged. The other is 100% TM on a finishing blow. Once he kills one he mows the rest down right after
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Lumi is more than a worthy candidate for a furnace, she's essential in my GW runs and very helpful in raids too for burst heals
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty funny that we wouldn't have this discussion about feeling superior to others, if this variant of Yoda would've been introduced in the first place. Heh...
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

+1
  • Options
    Do or do not, there is no cry
  • Options
    Error_404 wrote: »
    I could beat all the challenges before they nerfed them, and yes it was hard. I can't beat 7* Yoda, I can't even get close. I could accept that it was going to take me being at Level 80 to beat him (I am at 78). But that wasn't the problem. The problem was now I needed to gear up all my Jedi with no way of actually doing that (you know besides waiting months for all these unobtainable pieces).

That's exactly what the rest of the people who got Yoda did. I actually planned for Yoda months ago so I started gearing up the right Jedi for him. I beat him at lvl 78 with three lvl 77, 1 lvl 70, and 1lvl 60 character with obtainable gear, so you don't need to be anywhere near 80 to beat him.

So many people try a few times, give up, and start whining that it's impossible. Looking at all the people who have Yoda already. If they can do it, why can't you?

Perhaps players should re-evaluate their own skills instead of blaming the game. I'll take a quote directly from Yoda himself.

"“IF NO MISTAKE HAVE YOU MADE, YET LOSING YOU ARE … A DIFFERENT GAME YOU SHOULD PLAY.” -Yoda

Tried well over 100 times, hadn't gotten whatever RNG piece of luck that was clearly needed. It had nothing to do with skill.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

A 400 page thread.

So you think that's the majority of players? Or didn't you notice that most of the posts were complaints and needy requests? I'm sure you've heard of the term "vocal minority", that thread personified that.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

I did, several times.
    Maybe I don't understand what I'm reading, I guess.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Kudos, I hope so. And for those complaining that they want some type of special recognition for beating it before a patch, I'm ok with that so long as people who buy their way to the leaderboards and maxed characters instead of leveling them up the old fashioned way also get a badge of shame.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

All you had to do was look at past events and past guides to know which Jedi are optimal for the event. It's not like any of the Jedi were locked behind a paywall, ALL of them could be easily attained by f2p players. If you farm the "wrong" Jedi for Yoda then don't be surprised that it's infinitely harder than it could be.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Do or do not, there is no cry
    +1