YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    This is GLORIOUS.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Hope all the complainers are happy now that the yoda event has been nurfed. Starts to be really irritating that every time people complain enough it gets changed. There was nothing wrong with the event. People were completing the event, some even completed the same (yes yoda was lvl 90 back then as well) event months ago. Going in with low level and low gear jedis and expecting to complete it?
    Please stop complaining about everything! (apart from all the bugs)
  • Options
    Gloin wrote: »
    I appreciate EA listening to its consumers, however if I am able to obtain 7* Yoda after the update it will not come with a sense of achievement. Yoda was beatable as many people proved, but I could not beat him after many, many hours due to the Jedi I had chosen to farm. Many players had lower level, lower gear, and lower squad power than my team, but they had either Barriss or QGJ (most likely both). I have neither of those characters. (Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, EK, JC)

Yoda was not too difficult, but the imbalance amongst Jedi was laughable. I was excited to beat him with an unconventional team, but this did not prove possible without one of two characters. With 14 Jedi the combinations could have been endless, but rather it was reserved for a select few.

It has been known for literally months which Jedi were the best for Yoda. You decided to try an unconventional team knowing it would be hard.

By your logic since there are 76 characters all of the combinations of characters should be usable in arena and clearly that makes no sense.
  • Options
    The changes to Grand Master Yoda are now live.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    So many of us have invested so much to beat him yesterday. We should be compensated, since all of that (credits, skill mats, experience mats, etc) now turn to be a waste of investment! @EA_Jesse
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alexone nobody is feeling superior to others, or bragging, or whatever your messed up brain wants to call it. We are saying it's unfair that whiners get their way, when it isn't even necessary to do what they want. "Patience you must have". You don't expect to unlock yoda on the first try like you will be able to now. Those of us who have farmed the right characters, and put the time in to earn 7* yoda will be so disappointed. It shows extreme weakness within CG/EA to even consider changing the event, let alone even carrying it out.

There were no right or wrong characters until this event! I got informed before i farmed Eeth. I knew i would probably have a hard time, but i didn't expect this. Else i would have Ackbar instead by now. So i hope they do give you a badge or something if you need it. But they have to give you some other rubbish well probably.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Ebi wrote: »
    Great. Here u go everyone, come get your "I participated paid literally insane amounts of money most would use to buy a trip to another continent to win a Star Wars jrpg event" prize. Put that right up there next to all your participation trophies from your childhood.

Fixed
  • Options
    I appreciate EA listening to its consumers, however if I am able to obtain 7* Yoda after the update it will not come with a sense of achievement. Yoda was beatable as many people proved, but I could not beat him after many, many hours due to the Jedi I had chosen to farm. Many players had lower level, lower gear, and lower squad power than my team, but they had either Barriss or QGJ (most likely both). I have neither of those characters. (Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, EK, JC)

Yoda was not too difficult, but the imbalance amongst Jedi was laughable. I was excited to beat him with an unconventional team, but this did not prove possible without one of two characters. With 14 Jedi the combinations could have been endless, but rather it was reserved for a select few.

It has been known for literally months which Jedi were the best for Yoda. You decided to try an unconventional team knowing it would be hard.

By your logic since there are 76 characters all of the combinations of characters should be usable in arena and clearly that makes no sense.

Why shouldn't all 76 characters been usable in arena? Thats the point
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It wasn't bad. Certainly not worse then before bas d on discussions within the guild.

Why can't things be challanging anymore. The biggest problem video game wise is that whiners can be organized and heard and the game can be changed once it's out.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Just because some people have beaten him in just a few rounds does not make the other people that have had bad RNG whiners. It took me 3 hours of non stop resetting to get the right Jedi combo.

This is not strategy or good players versus bad. It's RNG all the way. Sure it should be a hard fight but when people have invested time and credits into jedis just for yoda it should not take hours for good RNG.

• Options
    Client restart, check yo inbox
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Awesome, thanks for making the game so easy. I no longer see a point in buying crystals!
  • Options
    Now that the masses have been served, why not a bone for us that got him pre nerf?? Come on folks, complain till we get something. Fair is fair.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ebi wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

+1
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I lent my voice to the small chorus of people who felt the Yoda challenge was difficult but doable. It's incumbent upon those who disagree with the QQ to voice their opinion on the forums. Unfortunately, our voice was overwhelmed.

I'm glad to see many people acknowledge the cowtowing that has taken place since the upgrade (thank god GW, Leia, Rey and Fives haven't been nerfed...yet). Ultimately, the decisions are made by those who show up! Supporters of challenging content, let your voices be heard. #choosechallenge

• JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The changes to Grand Master Yoda are now live.

And what kind of changes should the people that beat lvl 90 expect to see?
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

All you had to do was look at past events and past guides to know which Jedi are optimal for the event. It's not like any of the Jedi were locked behind a paywall, ALL of them could be easily attained by f2p players. If you farm the "wrong" Jedi for Yoda then don't be surprised that it's infinitely harder than it could be.

@tRRRey Do you remember when Ben was behind pay wall? Back when I started farming jedi? I believe Barris was at the time as well. Qgj had just been released the week before Yoda went live. So I farmed jc lumi ahsoka qgj and eeth because they were available. When Barris and Ben became available I should have dumped a 5* eeth and started ben?
  • Options
    beat yoda first try after client restart - thank you!!! :D
  • Options
    I beat it on the harder version earlier today, but it was pure luck and zero achievement.

People who think they achieved anything by beating that pure luck RNG dominated encounter are deluding themselves. You hit the easy loop, congratulations, but it was no strategy or skill, it was dumb luck. When I hit the easy loop I finished with all 5 guys alive, it was so easy I could have done it on auto but the hundred or so (6-7 hours) previously was simply unbeatable.

Also people who exploited the Barris bug this time or previous times should count themselves lucky they got away with it. Again, you achieved nothing bar exploiting a badly coded encounter.

It needed changing, hopefully it's not been made too easy but a genuine challenge now rather than a heavily weighted coin flip or an exploitable mess.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    gobears21 wrote: »
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    I'm trying for 6* with Lumi lead, QGJ, JC, Koth and Mace but it isn't going well. I got him down to 20% once. do i ignore the guards?

I killed the guards and won then beating yoda... lot of people kill yoda and ignore the gaurds....

whatever you do, don't buff your squad unless yoda has already just stolen a buff....

Actually, after about 250 tries, I found that Lumi's heal ability was a complete liability no matter when you use it. Even if you heal right after Yoda uses Masterstroke, he has such a high turn meter that your heal effect will still be on a few of your characters by the time he uses Masterstroke again.

yeah true for the heal... not sure that really did much; but the offense up by QGJ's humbling blow needed to be timed.
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I lent my voice to the small chorus of people who felt the Yoda challenge was difficult but doable. It's incumbent upon those who disagree with the QQ to voice their opinion on the forums. Unfortunately, our voice was overwhelmed.

I'm glad to see many people acknowledge the cowtowing that has taken place since the upgrade (thank god GW, Leia, Rey and Fives haven't been nerfed...yet). Ultimately, the decisions are made by those who show up! Supporters of challenging content, let your voices be heard. #choosechallenge
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    beat yoda first try after client restart - thank you!!! :D

Of course you did. Grats.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Get Barris and Ashoka. Both are farmable. Problem solved.

No not problem solved! Because then i would have to stare at Eeth Koth and Mace Windu forever thinking how bad they are and i wouldn't be able to do that! And don't rush...who knows how these changes may affect the event.

Nobody said to get Eeth or Mace. I have Mace at 7* G8. I use him in the tank event. I don't have Eeth, and haven't tried farming him. I looked at his skills, and figured I don't need him. You made the choice on who to farm and who not to. Make better choices.

Last time Yoda event was present, this team could do it! Any 5 Jedis should be able to do it actually, provided you have at least a healer. You think i care about 7* Yoda that much? 6* performs just as well i use it in Arena. The problem is i invested credits/mats into Eeth and Mace ESPECIALLY for this event. Because i knew it was doable with them.

If you don't care about 7* Yoda... Then why invest ESPECIALLY for this event? Any five Jedi can do it, provided they are geared, have the level, and some decent RNG rolls. Like any other fight in this game. This is the same argument used to say GW is too hard. Any team should be able to do it. You basically want it easier because you invested in what have been known as weaker Jedi toons. You could have invested in Barris, Ben, QGJ, Lumi, JC, AT, IGD, or Anakin. All of them are farmable. BTW, did it with Mace. I like him.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    I beat it on the harder version earlier today, but it was pure luck and zero achievement.

People who think they achieved anything by beating that pure luck RNG dominated encounter are deluding themselves. You hit the easy loop, congratulations, but it was no strategy or skill, it was dumb luck. When I hit the easy loop I finished with all 5 guys alive, it was so easy I could have done it on auto but the hundred or so (6-7 hours) previously was simply unbeatable.

Also people who exploited the Barris bug this time or previous times should count themselves lucky they got away with it. Again, you achieved nothing bar exploiting a badly coded encounter.

It needed changing, hopefully it's not been made too easy but a genuine challenge now rather than a heavily weighted coin flip or an exploitable mess.

Totally agree dude! I did it on auto, no skill involved at all just pure luck, I'm happy it was nerfed and that players were listened to :)
  • Options
    They always change the wrong thing.

I got my Yoda last go round before any of the nerfs. I felt pretty good, because he was really strong.

Then they nerfed his power. Now they nerf the challenge. Why not just get rid of Yoda and bring in another OP non named character. maybe

Grand Master Jedi

They should have left Yoda strong and those who were able to beat the challenge would have something special. This way everyone can have him and it's really not that great of a prize.

And yes, no one can tell who earned him and who was gifted.

If this is whining then, yes I am proudly whining!

I feel like it's just stating the obvious though really.

• Options
    I won my Yoda 1st day before changes. Many members of my guild did also. We won with F2P heroes. Yet so many crybabies asking to take away the challenge got their way. Those guilty really should be ashamed. You are not men, you are cowards.
  • Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »

Why shouldn't all 76 characters been usable in arena? Thats the point

That's not what I said and not what you said in the previous post. You said all combinations. That would mean you want a team with all tanks to be viable.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody cares
  • JRuibal
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    People are missing the point of the word "challenge", since they're used to this game being too easy. I beat 7star yoda with a less than optimal team (Lumi, QGJ, koth, Ben and Ashoka) and I was happy with my accomplishment. And now after everyone crying without even trying will get him aswell, annoys the life out of me
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    Nobody cares

The megathread says otherwise. Nice try though troll.