YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Options
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

Any five? So why didn't you try with Anakin, Eeth, PLO, guardian, and Mace? Is it because you thought you might want a better team? He was lvl 90 with omega gear. It's supposed to be very hard. Now, you can auto it with level 75 and G7. At this point, they might as well just push him to your inbox when you reach 7 stars with 5 Jedi. It's essentially the same challenge.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

All you had to do was look at past events and past guides to know which Jedi are optimal for the event. It's not like any of the Jedi were locked behind a paywall, ALL of them could be easily attained by f2p players. If you farm the "wrong" Jedi for Yoda then don't be surprised that it's infinitely harder than it could be.

@tRRRey Do you remember when Ben was behind pay wall? Back when I started farming jedi? I believe Barris was at the time as well. Qgj had just been released the week before Yoda went live. So I farmed jc lumi ahsoka qgj and eeth because they were available. When Barris and Ben became available I should have dumped a 5* eeth and started ben?

No, because Old Ben isn't a good option against Yoda, and Barriss isn't a necessity like many people seem to think. That team that you described should do fine against Yoda as a lot of other people have finished Tier 7 with that same lineup. Therefore there currently aren't any Jedi that you need to spend money in order to finish this event.

Dude. I played for hours yesterday. Yoda was taking all protection and 25% to 50% from a character on the first attack. You blow a heal on the first round. After you get Yoda to yellow he gets forsight every attack. Once this happened he took 4 turns in a row and killed my remaining 4 characters. I tried it every way. It just wasn't going to happen.

So you train and gear up your guys, spend times with different comps, etc. You don't throw up your hands and beg for a nerf. It's pathetic.

Gear 8 7* all over level 70. Not much more I could do. And there were no other comps. I only farmed 5 for the event. And when did I beg for a nerf?
  • Options
    I'll be the first to admit that I was livid when the Yoda challenge was initially released, I even received warnings for abusive language because I didn't feel the "challenge" was anything more than a lottery. A lot of people mentioned that it was skill based but I'm adamant that it really wasn't. My team was without Bariss who was a key element in most teams that completed the challenge with little or no fuss. I had QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi, JC and Eeth Koth. I genuinely struggled because I didn't have the "Meta" for the challenge. I had to keep restarting on a great many occasions until FINALLY I had Yoda with Eeth Koth and Old Ben by his side. With Ahsoka leading I managed to dodge and strike with a great deal of luck and finally complete the challenge. To me, this was no more of a challenge than buying a lottery ticket because ultimately I was reliant on quite a few things going my way to achieve my goal. A true challenge is a genuine blend of skill and guile with only a modicum of luck thrown in.
    I am thankful that the overwhelming majority of people that get hard done by were or are about to be appeased by the developers of the game because it's people like you (and me) that make it what it is.
    I don't know how much easier it is now than it was before but ultimately if you have masses of happy customers on your hands, you will continue to make money. I, for one, will be happy to keep buying crystals
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Options
    LlwllynZ wrote: »
    Its the same with every game these days, just compare the difficulty of games back in the days, and games these days, games are not about the challange anymore, ppl are not playing for the challange anymore, they playing cuz they are lazy, the fact that new generations of gamers are lazy to put effort into gaming makes me wonder why they do it in the first place.

Nonsense.
    Datika wrote: »
    This game only derives pleasure when you can accomplish something hard - maintaining first in arena, leveling Vader, attaining Grevious. Achieving Yoda used to be a part of this equation...no more.

If the QQ continues, there will be no satisfaction derived from accomplishing the difficult because difficult won't exist.

Lol. Play Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden or Mega Man,if you want a challenge. But there lucky Rng wont help you much.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So yoda was obtainable in 2 events. The hard one and the super easy one. It's not an unique reward for an event. 2 different events with the same reward. Well done again ea
  • Options

Any five? So why didn't you try with Anakin, Eeth, PLO, guardian, and Mace? Is it because you thought you might want a better team? He was lvl 90 with omega gear. It's supposed to be very hard. Now, you can auto it with level 75 and G7. At this point, they might as well just push him to your inbox when you reach 7 stars with 5 Jedi. It's essentially the same challenge.

So I should have farmed 9 jedi to 7* just so I could have the right team? I had two jedi that were 5* when the announced yoda, and one that was 3*. I chose 2 more and put my resources into them. I'm sorry if it looks like the wrong choice in hindsight.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Sheba wrote: »
    Ok.....I'm a bit miffed now. I spent a ton of credits, crystals, time, and actual money yesterday struggling to get my teams strong enough to beat him and still couldn't. Now after the change I beat him with almost no effort! ...yes, I know it was my own personal choice to spend what I did, but I still feel kinda jipped.

I spent almost 1 million credits to level up my JC and Ahsoka and a furnace! on Lumi because they were getting demolished. Little did I know I could've waited just 24 hours and Yoda would be handed to me
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    So yoda was obtainable in 2 events. The hard one and the super easy one. It's not an unique reward for an event. 2 different events with the same reward. Well done again ea

It is amazing how self-entitled people that got Yoda 1 hour before are. Amazing. And they call whiners that. No matter what this company does, even if they offer 5000 crystals to somebody, there will always be one person saying that he wants 5001. What's the difference between whining and whining about whining?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    EROSIONE wrote: »

It is amazing how self-entitled people that got Yoda 1 hour before are. Amazing. And they call whiners that. No matter what this company does, even if they offer 5000 crystals to somebody, there will always be one person saying that he wants 5001. What's the difference between whining and whining about whining?

Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?
  • Options
    My two cents...
    This was necessary. I ground my Yoda out in brutal fashion. I had an advantage I believe because I have put some money into this game which gave me toons that not everyone has. Even so, it was a real pain in the a**. That being said, it doesn't matter to me in the least that some will be able to get Yoda in a little easier fashion. Honestly, how does another individuals toon inventory effect any other individual personally? Or, for that matter how they were able to get them? (As long as it wasn't by glitch in or cheating). If you earn the little green fur ball I say bravo!

The real problem here is that the devs had to have 45 pages of complaints leveled on them and a video showing that what @EA_Jesse said initially was false. EA should be a little better about listening to the community before responding.

Again, just my two cents
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Ebi wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

I have been playing every day since January and spent easily over $300 on crystals since then. I worked my tail off to get 5 seven star jedi: Qui-Gonn, Ahsoka, JC, Luminara, & Eeth Koth. All lvl 78. All gear lvl 8. I have obliterated everything the game has put before me, even earning Arena Rank #1 on my server briefly, until this Yoda challenge.

Defeating Yoda prior to the nerf using this lineup was impossible. The only time I even got close was when I would fight against Anakin and Obi-Wan.

I was able to defeat him with Ima-Gun Di and Obi-Wan just a few moments ago and I am extremely happy about this.

Haters, be proud of your accomplishment and try to work on being a little less condescending to those less fortunate.

• JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was just beat in arena. Bring the nerf hammer! :p
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    My two cents...
    This was necessary. I ground my Yoda out in brutal fashion. I had an advantage I believe because I have put some money into this game which gave me toons that not everyone has. Even so, it was a real pain in the a**. That being said, it doesn't matter to me in the least that some will be able to get Yoda in a little easier fashion. Honestly, how does another individuals toon inventory effect any other individual personally? Or, for that matter how they were able to get them? (As long as it wasn't by glitch in or cheating). If you earn the little green fur ball I say bravo!

The real problem here is that the devs had to have 45 pages of complaints leveled on them and a video showing that what @EA_Jesse said initially was false. EA should be a little better about listening to the community before responding.

Again, just my two cents

Do you happen to have a link to this video?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    So do those of us who beat Yoda pre-nerf get a bonus?

I doubt we will see a bonus, I'd personally like another tier... For mats maybe?
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Gloin wrote: »
    I appreciate EA listening to its consumers, however if I am able to obtain 7* Yoda after the update it will not come with a sense of achievement. Yoda was beatable as many people proved, but I could not beat him after many, many hours due to the Jedi I had chosen to farm. Many players had lower level, lower gear, and lower squad power than my team, but they had either Barriss or QGJ (most likely both). I have neither of those characters. (Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, EK, JC)

Yoda was not too difficult, but the imbalance amongst Jedi was laughable. I was excited to beat him with an unconventional team, but this did not prove possible without one of two characters. With 14 Jedi the combinations could have been endless, but rather it was reserved for a select few.

It has been known for literally months which Jedi were the best for Yoda. You decided to try an unconventional team knowing it would be hard.

By your logic since there are 76 characters all of the combinations of characters should be usable in arena and clearly that makes no sense.

Why shouldn't all 76 characters been usable in arena? Thats the point

They are... Go ahead and use a team with ugnaught and clone sergeant. You can do it, they are both usable
  • Options
    Ok.....I'm a bit miffed now. I spent a ton of credits, crystals, time, and actual money yesterday struggling to get my teams strong enough to beat him and still couldn't. Now after the change I beat him with almost no effort! ...yes, I know it was my own personal choice to spend what I did, but I still feel kinda jipped.

I spent almost 1 million credits to level up my JC and Ahsoka and a furnace! on Lumi because they were getting demolished. Little did I know I could've waited just 24 hours and Yoda would be handed to me

I don't understand this logic. I spent a few million credits and a ton of crystals yesterday too. You got him yesterday, I got him today. I should be more angry because I spent another q million today leveling jedi before the nerf. So I spent more resources than you. Little did I know I could have waited 28 hours. You see?
  • Siscort8
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry guys I just got yoda all my jedis are level 77 and maxed gear and couldn't get him and was super excited to get him until I realized thy nerfed him, not gonna lie I was frustrated I couldn't get him but now I feel pretty lame bcs thy nerfed him and thts the only way I got him
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Siscort8 wrote: »
    Awwww crap sorry guys I just got yoda all my jedis are level 77 and maxed gear and couldn't get him and was super excited to get him until I realized thy nerfed him, not gonna lie I was frustrated I couldn't get him but now I feel lame bcs thy nerfed him and thts the only way I got him

Make more accounts please! Two isn't enough.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    My two cents...

Again, just my two cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @trashcanus He was hitting for exactly double that. 3700 on auto in your video. 7-8k on non-crit in this version.

• Options
    My two cents...

Again, just my two cents

Nothing that Jesse said was refuted by the videos. Period. He never specifically addressed the differences in damage output. Every post saying otherwise is pure falsehood.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My two cents...

Again, just my two cents

The 45 pages had many comments from like minded people that were trying to tell everyone to calm down and keep trying. It was difficult but could be overcome. Many others were commenting how they beat it. Yet the devs decided to nerf the event so people are beating it the first time. Virtually eliminating any sense of accomplishment from completing the task. I feel bad for the people that got what they asked for. Now there is no way that they can feel proud for overcoming a tough obstacle. Free Yoda Friday indeed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options

I was tempted to do this as well... but I still beat the encounter at L90 with a little persistence and luck. YMMV.

1J7GDKEl.jpg

In hindsight, nerf or not, I'm glad I didn't cave to spending the credits to level my toons or put one of my precious Furnaces into Lumi...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alexone : Yes, this was when the lvl cap was at 70, and what it is now after the "nerf" people are complaining about. Strange to call a "nerf" what is just a revert back.
  • Options
    I can see from this video that yoda from a month ago didn't kill in 2 shots. He certainly did when I fought him today.
  • Nitou
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    So many of us have invested so much to beat him yesterday. We should be compensated, since all of that (credits, skill mats, experience mats, etc) now turn to be a waste of investment! @EA_Jesse

+1

I acquired 7* yoda the last time the event was up. Several of my guildmates, however, defeated him this time before he was nerfed. Also, my guildmates didn't whine about his difficulty. *drops mic*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    trashcanus wrote: »
    Yes, this was when the lvl cap was at 70, and what it is now after the "nerf" people are complaining about. Strange to call a "nerf" what is just a revert back.

This is exactly what they did! People have a hard time comprehending this part.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My two cents...

Again, just my two cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574

This was my only point of contention. I only wanted yoda to be the same as he was months ago. The same level and gear should end with the same results.

As you can see with the gear and level caps from 2 months he's beatable
  • Options
    Yes, this was when the lvl cap was at 70, and what it is now after the "nerf" people are complaining about. Strange to call a "nerf" what is just a revert back.

When they reduce his level from 90 to 80, that is a nerf. He had always been lvl90 on Tier 7, until today.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

When they reduce his level from 90 to 80, that is a nerf. He had always been lvl90 on Tier 7, until today.

He hit for 3700 on his auto then and he is doing the EXACT same damage now! I have no idea what they nerfed.