Request from an unhappy player that will never happen: Give us back the omegas we used on fives

Replies

• Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I would be annoyed if I had leveled up 5's, Omega'ed him, Droid Callered him, etc, but I saw the basic as a bug from the first time it came up on the forums. I knew the fix/nerf was coming. Everybody is rightly annoyed that their exploit was removed, your compensation was that you got to use a very powerful character for awhile. Now can we move on?

No. Because their wording was vague, that is not our fault. many did not see it as a bug, but working as intended due to how the devs wrote it. That is not an exploit.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Since you never warned us that you were going to drastically change how the character worked, and his description clearly states that he gives a double attack if the enemy has speed down...he was working as his description said. You stealth nerfed an ability that I spent precious omegas on, completely changed how it worked, and in turn took away the only thing that made him somewhat viable in arena. I'm seriously ticked about this.

Dude just be glad you didn't invest in Yoda like some did. The nerf bat pummeled him. I'm still upset if I think about it. But what's that get me? You can't trust that a character you like will be good forever. They're always messing with the team-composition games. It is the nature.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Since you never warned us that you were going to drastically change how the character worked, and his description clearly states that he gives a double attack if the enemy has speed down...he was working as his description said. You stealth nerfed an ability that I spent precious omegas on, completely changed how it worked, and in turn took away the only thing that made him somewhat viable in arena. I'm seriously ticked about this.

Dude just be glad you didn't invest in Yoda like some did. The nerf bat pummeled him. I'm still upset if I think about it. But what's that get me? You can't trust that a character you like will be good forever. They're always messing with the team-composition games. It is the nature.

This isn't what has me mad. Its the dishonesty. The cloak and dagger. I don't think I've ever seen a dev this tight lipped about upcoming changes.
  • Options
    I would be annoyed if I had leveled up 5's, Omega'ed him, Droid Callered him, etc, but I saw the basic as a bug from the first time it came up on the forums. I knew the fix/nerf was coming. Everybody is rightly annoyed that their exploit was removed, your compensation was that you got to use a very powerful character for awhile. Now can we move on?

An action working exactly as described is not an exploit.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

My post. Read it.
    {RotE}
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The semantics are going to continue until someone gets a payout.

Semantics gives them a leg to stand on.
  • CyciumX
    83 posts Member
    Options
    You lose a single attack on the initial hit.

One. Single. Hit.

Nerfed, bug fix... who cares. He is definitely still a complete and utter destroyer of teams that don't have a stunner in play.

Hopefully the whambulance leaves you babies to cry until you run dry.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

This isn't what has me mad. Its the dishonesty. The cloak and dagger. I don't think I've ever seen a dev this tight lipped about upcoming changes.

Whoa I have to call you on this though man. It was a glitch that players exploited for months. If you didn't realize that it was maybe a little strong, and still put stuff into it. You gambled WAAAAY against the odds. Devs don't have to tell us that they're bug fixing; it's their job to do it. If they do it, they post about it. There is no "dishonesty" or "cloak and dagger" Be angry, but be careful you don't paint yourself in a corner with words shared in anger. I get it. But no one is going to listen to you if you start making wild accusations, you'll lose you're voice and everyone will write you off.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    They probably seen that video of Fives soloing some challenges and said "nope, we can't let this happen".

The funny thing is that this change doesn't impact his ability to solo the tank challenge. He can still do it no problem. This change isn't even that drastic. He still counters and applies slow. He just doesn't attack twice. He loses ~2500 damage one time. 5s was always best at the end of matches when there are only a few toons left, He will still double attack then because he will keep getting attacked from toons he previously applied slow to. I think the reaction is a bit over the top actually.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options

No. Because their wording was vague, that is not our fault. many did not see it as a bug, but working as intended due to how the devs wrote it. That is not an exploit.

I don't think it's vague or open to interpretation. I think some need to read it again.

"Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. Attack AGAIN if enemy is inflicted with Speed Down."

"AGAIN" it says. So if Speed Down was applied on the 1st hit, attack AGAIN.
    It does NOT say if an enemy is already inflicted with Speed Down attack twice.
    This is not a bug fix.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options

Whoa I have to call you on this though man. It was a glitch that players exploited for months. If you didn't realize that it was maybe a little strong, and still put stuff into it. You gambled WAAAAY against the odds. Devs don't have to tell us that they're bug fixing; it's their job to do it. If they do it, they post about it. There is no "dishonesty" or "cloak and dagger" Be angry, but be careful you don't paint yourself in a corner with words shared in anger. I get it. But no one is going to listen to you if you start making wild accusations, you'll lose you're voice and everyone will write you off.

Oh really. You are saying they don't make changes cloak and dagger? Don't make me laugh.

and read the description. It was THEIR fault it was worded incorrectly.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »

I don't think it's vague or open to interpretation. I think some need to read it again.

"Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. Attack AGAIN if enemy is inflicted with Speed Down."

"AGAIN" it says. So if Speed Down was applied on the 1st hit, attack AGAIN.
    It does NOT say if an enemy is already inflicted with Speed Down attack twice.
    This is not a bug fix.

This is how I, and many others took it. If he succeeds in speed down he attacks again
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The wording is irrelevant.

People reported it, so it became a bug.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

The wording is very relevant. It tells us what the ability does, but I'm sure you know that and are just trolling.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

As you say the description states IF the enemy HAS speed down, however the toon HAS speed down only after the first hit, they fixed 5s and didn't nerf him. Sure he is not as dominant as he used to be anymore but he's still great.

I am a droid fanatic you might say and I am not enraged by this fix, I would rather say it is fair for people with underlevelled toons facing an omega 5s in GW and also fair he can't beat 4v1 anymore. I had a fight today and he still won a 2v1 without problems. So I see no reason for people to start complaining over this FIX.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

As you say the description states IF the enemy HAS speed down, however the toon HAS speed down only after the first hit, they fixed 5s and didn't nerf him. Sure he is not as dominant as he used to be anymore but he's still great.

I am a droid fanatic you might say and I am not enraged by this fix, I would rather say it is fair for people with underlevelled toons facing an omega 5s in GW and also fair he can't beat 4v1 anymore. I had a fight today and he still won a 2v1 without problems. So I see no reason for people to start complaining over this FIX.

No. The wording says "if the enemy is inflicted with speed down" as in the first part says that there is a chance to inflict speed down. then the next says if enemy is inflicted with speed down, he attacks again. it makes it sound as if he gets his second attack if he successfully applies speed down. Says nothing about if the enemy "has" or "already has"

The fact that this is such a debate proves my point. They worded it badly and caused many to spend significant resources on him. (a caller in my case as well as omegas)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The wording is very relevant. It tells us what the ability does, but I'm sure you know that and are just trolling.

Not even slightly. Once it hit the bug board, it gets changed how and when they see fit.
    They could have fixed it by changing the description, or re-imagining the ability entirely.

We knew that it was pending a fix or clarification. This fix clarified things.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

No. The wording says "if the enemy is inflicted with speed down"

My bad I didn't go check what it actually said in the description, but rather stated what you wrote in the OP. I see that it is quite different with the description as it is, however, I still think it was a decent move in the sake of balance.

And I am as stated hit by this change as well.
  • Options

Not even slightly. Once it hit the bug board, it gets changed how and when they see fit.
    They could have fixed it by changing the description, or re-imagining the ability entirely.

The clarification should have come the moment those "bug reports" started coming in
  • Options

My bad I didn't go check what it actually said in the description, but rather stated what you wrote in the OP. I see that it is quite different with the description as it is, however, I still think it was a decent move in the sake of balance.

Fives was never Op. Stun him. Thats all you need. he is quite easy to stun. If you don't have a stun toon...well thats your fault. He had plenty of counters. Dodge meta should have been nerfed long before an average toon
  • SinCrux
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Any dev response yet ?
  • Options
    SinCrux wrote: »
    Any dev response yet ?

I can tell you right now there will not be one. Its not like CG to talk to their players
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Maybe I missed it, Fives isnt my fav by a distance, it was a few weeks ago I put Omega on.

Lesson learnt, dont put on Omega's unless you will use the toon today.
    {RotE}
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Fives was never Op. Stun him. Thats all you need. he is quite easy to stun. If you don't have a stun toon...well thats your fault. He had plenty of counters. Dodge meta should have been nerfed long before an average toon

Please don't call Fives an average toon. He isn't average now and he most certainly wasn't average yesterday. Were there ways to deal with him? Sure...but the really good teams that had Fives in them, those were something else entirely. Plus he still has synergies from assist callers and Phasma/RG.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

Maybe he wasn't OP but his ability to win fights 3 or 4v1 was over the top, I still don't know how one on offense could fail in beating him with 4 toons standing, but against AI it was well possible and I think that shouldn't be the case.

I agree that the dodges are more of an issue than 5s was. But also imo dodge teams are quite manageable, though tedious.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Please don't call Fives an average toon. He isn't average now and he most certainly wasn't average yesterday. Were there ways to deal with him? Sure...but the really good teams that had Fives in them, those were something else entirely. Plus he still has synergies from assist callers and Phasma/RG.

Ok he was good when he had the double attack working as the description said. he's average at best now. A lot of his damage came from that double attack on speed down application. I used fives for a long time after the omega went live. It was his bread and butter
  • Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    In addition, I'd like to have my droid caller back, that I gave him for gear lvl X which is now an absolute waste, too :/
    Ouch. This is even worse than the omegas.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Maybe he wasn't OP but his ability to win fights 3 or 4v1 was over the top, I still don't know how one on offense could fail in beating him with 4 toons standing, but against AI it was well possible and I think that shouldn't be the case.

I agree that the dodges are more of an issue than 5s was. But also imo dodge teams are quite manageable, though tedious.

Those 4 v 1 fights. I'd love to see videos. What toons they were, what their health was. Most likely they were glass cannons, or low damage toons, with low health left
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The clarification should have come the moment those "bug reports" started coming in

Its a conglomerate of companies. They couldnt agree on the time of day without 10 meetings.

They looked at it, did their fix, wrote some notes, and moved on.

They make us agree to them changing whatever, whenever.

All pixels have zero actual value.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

Oh really. You are saying they don't make changes cloak and dagger? Don't make me laugh.

and read the description. It was THEIR fault it was worded incorrectly.

Yes, really. Find me a game publisher of a similar product and genre that has as much communication and announcement as we get in-game and in these forums. You make it sound like poor little you was cheated or backstabbed. It is YOUR fault you put omega into an overpowered character. Who did you think they were going to change stats on next? Of course the meta heroes get constant balancing changes. Make sure you're not putting omega into GS, Rey, Rex, RG, GQJ, Dooku, while we're on the subject.

I do hope you're laughing, because endorphins are the only thing that are gonna get you through this.
This discussion has been closed.