GW reverted back to pre-update state? (MERGED THREADS)

Replies

• Options
    LiliJedi wrote: »
    Actually it is very simple. Has GW changed after the server outage? Yes. Was a change in GW announced? No. So this is an irregularity and should be brought to the developers attention. Very easy, that's all.

+1
  • Options
    I use to blaze through node 1-9 and the last 3 nodes were challenging. Usually close to max arena teams. So finding a gear X Rey at node 6 is definitely a change.
  • LELEZ
    28 posts Member
    Options

WYLjkeF.jpg

@Baldo i don't want to say i'm sure, but you should be that guy, aren't you?
  • Options
    I use to blaze through node 1-9 and the last 3 nodes were challenging. Usually close to max arena teams. So finding a gear X Rey at node 6 is definitely a change.

I was able to use my AA Leia, Lando, Bane, and Lumi from 1-9 or 10. Definitely not this time.
  • Options
    Crinsom wrote: »
    So.......after that node, it got easy again. Do you deny this? You aren't facing a steady stream of lvl 80 teams after that one. Take a picture of the nodes after that one.

Next two were 75's g8's. Node 9 is full on g10

4EZ4oAD.jpg

oh come on. lumi lead, 6* rg, 5* vader. yoda and barriss. the damage on that team is nonexistant, sure they have the rims but... no leia, no rey, no dooku/ob, no 2nd taunt.. I have no idea where youre at in this game in terms of roster size, gear and arena rank. but that team is no where near pre-update gw levels.

What don't you understand about what I'm saying?! Seriously? You played my GW pre update? Post update? No? How can you possibly tell me this hasn't changed when I'm telling you it is. Last week, I didn't face a level 80 character until 10. And no one higher than gear 8 until 11. It's not that I can't finish it. What I am saying is SOMETHING CHANGED OVERNIGHT.

see the thing for me is, i fight lvl 80 teams in 7-10. they are just horribly undergeared or a rag tag bunch of 5 random characters put together. my arena power was 38.5k before the update, so i was fighting the annoying gw, i moved it up to 39k on the last day before the gw change. been 39k ever since. Your screenshots are what i fight in gw everyday.

That's fine. But that isn't what I fight every day. That's what I'm trying to say. My active arena power is 34.1k, and has been for a long time. My theoretical arena power is 36.2k, and has been for a long time. Both have been pretty much the same pre and post update

if your arena power is around 36k, you only knocked on the door that was pre patch gw. pre patch gw was arena teams from node 4 onwards, it progressed from g7/8 arena teams all the way to g10/11 arena teams. which is why im saying it hasnt gone back to prepatch gw. it may or may not have gotten wonky since the server hiccups.

If that's the case, than what @CG_NotReallyAJedi said about GW being based off Arena power is just plain wrong, or something went wrong along the way. I haven't used my 36k arena squad in probably a month. When I did use them, my GW was no different than when I used my 34k arena squad, and I haven't used them (36k squad) since.

Regardless, there was no change on my side, and something changed on their side. It's more than coincidence that mine and many others GW has suddenly changed over night.

But I'm not so lucky to have a 3* node 12 battle. Instead I get this. I've yet to face two maxed out squads in a row since the update.

WYLjkeF.jpg

Yep, nodes 6, 9, 11, and 12 were all G10+ meta teams for me today. Also, looks like you got the guy that makes these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l52BIHW3nM They're pretty good at least the ones that he has English subs on.
  • Options
    So.......after that node, it got easy again. Do you deny this? You aren't facing a steady stream of lvl 80 teams after that one. Take a picture of the nodes after that one.

4EZ4oAD.jpg

oh come on. lumi lead, 6* rg, 5* vader. yoda and barriss. the damage on that team is nonexistant, sure they have the rims but... no leia, no rey, no dooku/ob, no 2nd taunt.. I have no idea where youre at in this game in terms of roster size, gear and arena rank. but that team is no where near pre-update gw levels.

What don't you understand about what I'm saying?! Seriously? You played my GW pre update? Post update? No? How can you possibly tell me this hasn't changed when I'm telling you it is. Last week, I didn't face a level 80 character until 10. And no one higher than gear 8 until 11. It's not that I can't finish it. What I am saying is SOMETHING CHANGED OVERNIGHT.

see the thing for me is, i fight lvl 80 teams in 7-10. they are just horribly undergeared or a rag tag bunch of 5 random characters put together. my arena power was 38.5k before the update, so i was fighting the annoying gw, i moved it up to 39k on the last day before the gw change. been 39k ever since. Your screenshots are what i fight in gw everyday.

That's fine. But that isn't what I fight every day. That's what I'm trying to say. My active arena power is 34.1k, and has been for a long time. My theoretical arena power is 36.2k, and has been for a long time. Both have been pretty much the same pre and post update

if your arena power is around 36k, you only knocked on the door that was pre patch gw. pre patch gw was arena teams from node 4 onwards, it progressed from g7/8 arena teams all the way to g10/11 arena teams. which is why im saying it hasnt gone back to prepatch gw. it may or may not have gotten wonky since the server hiccups.

If that's the case, than what @CG_NotReallyAJedi said about GW being based off Arena power is just plain wrong, or something went wrong along the way. I haven't used my 36k arena squad in probably a month. When I did use them, my GW was no different than when I used my 34k arena squad, and I haven't used them (36k squad) since.

Regardless, there was no change on my side, and something changed on their side. It's more than coincidence that mine and many others GW has suddenly changed over night.

But I'm not so lucky to have a 3* node 12 battle. Instead I get this. I've yet to face two maxed out squads in a row since the update.

WYLjkeF.jpg

Yep, nodes 6, 9, 11, and 12 were all G10+ meta teams for me today. Also, looks like you got the guy that makes these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l52BIHW3nM They're pretty good at least the ones that he has English subs on.

I don't like this guy lol. I'm facing a 42k+ team. This I can't finish.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r How can you tell it's a 42k team? Do you just add all the power levels or is it written somewhere?
  • Options
    @Crinsom
    @1AmYourFath3r is not saying that his GW is as difficult as YOUR GW was pre-patch. He is saying that the difficulty for him has reverted to pre-patch levels. Other people have also reported strange things happening with GW in the last 7-8 hours.

What this could mean is that your personal GW might revert back to what it was for you pre-patch (I.e tough META teams from node 8 onwards)
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @1AmYourFath3r How can you tell it's a 42k team? Do you just add all the power levels or is it written somewhere?

Just click on each character. I did a quick mental addition to come up with my number, but these are the actual numbers.
    OB -8190
    Chewie - 8782
    FOST - 8396
    JKA - 8220
    RG - 8191

For a grand total of 41769.
  • Options
    I got a huge jump in difficulty also but was able to finish with sacrificing 2 teams. Last week went through a whole week without losing one toon.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    I has a really weird GW experience this morning.

Node 6 was a full on seven star level 80 G10 ewok + (omega) QGJ team, such as you might face in arena. WAY off the scale for typical node 6 I have been seeing.

Nodes 7 to 10 8 were weak level 70-80 G7-8 GW teams, largely as might be expected but a little easier.

Then nodes 11 and 12 were both three to four star gear 0 to 3 (but level 80) teams of random toons. Power levels probably in the low teens at most.

It was very ****. I was concerned when I saw the wok team at node 6, but then it collapsed.
  • Options
    Mine was a LOT harder than recently, particularly nodes 6-10. Final node was unbelievably soft (under-geared heroes). Something has definitely changed.
  • Options
    the 6th node spikes in difficulty a little. 7-10 is easy. 11 and 12 are the hard ones.

You should actually notice this after almost a week of new gw.

Also he may be lvl 80, but his gear levels are rubbish.

I've been playing this game for a long time so I really should know this...
    How can you tell what gear a team is just by looking at that screen. Purple covers 7 onwards. What is it I'm missing?
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Adali terrano hacked gw to be everyones competition? This is a joke btw.
    Post edited by GeorgeRules on
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed it considerably harder than usual. As others have said, I had full lvl 80 g10 toons at node 6.
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Definitely felt hinky to me. Battle 5 was five 59's, with four gear 6 or below. Battle 6 was 63, 65, 65, 68, 73, and all of them gear 8-9, with Old Ben lead. 14 levels and several gear tiers in one node seems wrong.

Edit: As a follow-up, the final node was a full 7* level 80 team. I'm only 66.
    Post edited by Finnien on
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Christian wrote: »
    the 6th node spikes in difficulty a little. 7-10 is easy. 11 and 12 are the hard ones.

You should actually notice this after almost a week of new gw.

Also he may be lvl 80, but his gear levels are rubbish.

I've been playing this game for a long time so I really should know this...
    How can you tell what gear a team is just by looking at that screen. Purple covers 7 onwards. What is it I'm missing?

The depth of the rings.
    7 is a basic ring.
    8 is the same ring, just filled in more.
    9 is the same ring, filled in all the way
    10 is a halo inside the ring
    11 is the new halo, just bigger.

If you look at my original post, Daka and stHan are at Gear 8, QGJ and Fives are at Gear 9, and Dooku is at Gear 10. If you look at my last picture, FOST, Chewie, and Anikin are Gear 11
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r Got the same last node as you.
    5PcGQNF.png

Node 6, 9,11 and 12 were more difficult than usual for me.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r Got the same last node as you.
    5PcGQNF.png

Node 6, 9,11 and 12 were more difficult than usual for me.

Lucky you lol. I'm not even going to do it. I don't have the characters left to finish them.
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time I haven't finished gw, it must be months, I wasn't able to finish today.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if this was intentional or a bug? Am hoping for the latter but the eternal pessimist in me reckons it might be the former.
  • Options
    clhs wrote: »
    I wonder if this was intentional or a bug? Am hoping for the latter but the eternal pessimist in me reckons it might be the former.

Many are speculating it had something to do with the server being down last night. Likely a bug. But I'm sure we'll find out later on
  • Options
    I suspect it might have some relation with the Teebo reversion.
  • Options
    Erik_Aphax wrote: »
    I suspect it might have some relation with the Teebo reversion.

**** Ewoks!
  • Options
    i got a team of empire killers on node 6.

n48fBLY.png?1

anyone want to swap with me?
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    No change for me. But in my opinion the choice of teams you have to battle is also dependant on some kind of RNG. It's logical that you have harder days and easier days otherwise the GW is exactly the same every day.This day has just been a day with a really bad RNG I guess.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

4EZ4oAD.jpg

WYLjkeF.jpg

Wow Father my last node was the same as yours. The rest of my GW was a nightmare, barely managed to complete it.
    zZjjfxo.jpg
  • Options
    Jakkal wrote: »

4EZ4oAD.jpg

WYLjkeF.jpg

Wow Father my last node was the same as yours. The rest of my GW was a nightmare, barely managed to complete it.

Like the very same? If so, you'd be the third person so far with the same opponent
  • Options
    Yip, it's become more difficult! I have to admit though, I finally was able to use my brain for GW for a change & it's so nice & strategically refreshing tbh!

Thanks for bringing the challenge back, it is so well received... From me anyways!
  • Options
    n48fBLY.png?1

had this on node 6, full gear 10 arena team of furbies, i sent a message to the galactic senate, im just waiting for a Jedi envoy to come delegate for me.
This discussion has been closed.