Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Capin5556 wrote: »

2. Incompetent and covering: they introduced a bug when they reverted their other changes and it's easier to type up a quick email saying "we totally meant to do that" rather than fixing it before a holiday weekend. This change doesn't cost them money so it's lower priority I'm sure.

-Capin5556

This!!!!!!!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    clhs wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    GW is too hard for players now
    Tune down
    Oh, we think GW is too easy now
    Tune up
    Now GW is ridiculous
    Working as intended.

Devs, you need to find some tuning balance here and actually listen to the player base. You arbitrarily sc rew over the players with broken game modes, broken f2p toons and broken p2p toons. We aren't asking for easy things, we're asking for balance. We're asking for things to WORK CORRECTLY. We're asking for a bit more communication. There is no way that GW should have been addressed this late. You've tuned GW now to near impossible for folks without upping the rewards. Level 40 still gets the same as level 80 and level 80's are getting crushed even with diverse roster groups.

Overall, this is garbage.

You, sir. I keep reading your posts and I keep agreeing with them wholeheartedly. Tremendous stuff.

Thanks.... I get it right sometimes!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Sigh... This game is becoming a chore. I'd finally felt free of the barrier this game created by making me feeling isolated to the bathroom to finish GW, but now the feeling is back and worse. Ones bottom cannot be stuck to a toilet so often and for so long.
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    Options
    13 pages and counting... why do I feel like this is all falling on deaf ears? I've played this game religiously and even decided to pay some money because I thought it was deserved. This isn't how I was expecting to be treated though. Changing it was one thing; not communicating that change with us in hopes that no one would notice is absurd.
  • Options
    this is WORSE than the original difficulty of GW >:(
    line ID : dannywong87
  • Options
    I think GW is already too hard! Some case one of the nodes have irrational enemies who kill the player's whole teams. In addtion i have only lvl 70 g8 characters, but there are some nodes where the enemies are lvl 80 and g10. It's challanging and not fair. We dont want to gear lvls determine the game so much, but skills! Otherwise EA should be offer better rewards in the end. More Shards then 1 etc. I think it will be great if we choose the 1 shard reward between heroes shards. Or get random but more shards and gold. My opinion is this: raids must be challenging but GW must not. GW is the only way to farm a lot of gold and if we cannot do that every day, we screw. Think about it EA!
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    It's crazy that GW is constantly tweaked but the raid isn't. "It's meant to be hard" is what was stated on GW, ok I can understand that. But the raid is supposed to be true end game and it's takes less time than a daily activity
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    crixvane wrote: »
    13 pages and counting... why do I feel like this is all falling on deaf ears? I've played this game religiously and even decided to pay some money because I thought it was deserved. This isn't how I was expecting to be treated though. Changing it was one thing; not communicating that change with us in hopes that no one would notice is absurd.
    Maybe because CGgasp's post indicates that this is planned out over a course of weeks. They have a next step and don't care about the impact now.

My very poorly thought out reason is that mysterious teaser is somehow related to GW, rather than ships or droids. I can't imagine how that might work, but as a team match maker of some kind.

Also can't imagine why they wouldn't say they would be making bigger changes, but communication is always obtuse from them.

Then again I could be wrong and it's ships, and it's a new progress gate.
  • Fragoola
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed - this is Much worse than before. We had to wait months for them to adjust it for the better - and 2 weeks for them to make it worse than before. I guess they'll need 2 more months to realize people hate it now and it's even more of a time suck. And I'm still not sure how you can have a daily event be your difficult end game!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick clarification "it's supposed to be hard" is not the same thing as "is boring and takes way too long". You know....just in case the devs have confused the two. Because it really seems they have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Arena power 36k, three G10s total on my roster, fought a war of attrition to node 12 where I found 3 G11 and 2 G10 -- Anakin and 4 tanks, *a stronger team than any in my arena*. I didn't even try, 50k gold not worth a thousand retreats. Challenging != impossible.
  • Options
    Where is the guy who yesterday promised a video?
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    My in depth post got merged so I really hope the devs are reading this whole thing.

In the mean time I'll just say that there is no excuse to be made for the jump in difficulty. Multiple meta teams that outclass your own by 6k+ power is not acceptable. I'm sorry, but it's just not.

MLG in his name, can't beat bad AI 12 times in a row
  • Options
    I think majority of you folks are missing the point of making GW harder. Yes it's to make you use your whole roster to finish, yes it's suppose to be longer meaning you don't get bored with the game to fast. But there's another reason as well. To make you spend money... You cannot be given the most valuable commodity for free, you have to work to get it.

I do feel that scaling of difficulty especially for those lvl 50 - 79 needs to be looked at but overall, GW is made to make you deepen your roster as not to get stuck with only 1 set of toons at max. Yes, it's a catch 22 situation where you need credits to make credits, but sadly that's how life works.
  • Options
    This isnt real life, this a game and GW is the epitome of a poor game design.
  • Soccean
    65 posts Member
    Options
    When i started playing this game, i asked myself what i wanted from each game mode. And my answer was to try out different team compositions against DIFFERENT opponents.

So what i propose to CG/EA is to make galactic war completely single player, do away with choosing an opponent from arena squads. They would have to build a set amount of different squads for it to roatate around, but as you progress in each node, the teams scale up, with node 10 being at 100% of your power level, and 11 and 12 being at 102% and 105% respectively.

This does not mean that at each node a select amount of squads need to be created all with different levels, gear, or ability mats; but at each node all squads could be chosen, but each node has a level, gear, and ability mat standard. So in node 12 all characters are level 80, gear 10, omega abilites; no matter which squad is chosen. If you wanted to though, CG/EA could make it a range, so at node 12, instead of the before mentioned standard, it could be that they are between level 75-80, gear 9-11, and only some are omega. This would make it more uniform, but also add a small RNG factor.

My goal in this plan is to instead of making Galactic War a grinding process that no one wants to do, it turns into that sandbox mode that allows you to try new team compositions, and you still get rewards! Sorry for the long read!
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    For 30 mins effort, current rewards are fine.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Options
    I'm on node 12. Only enemy left is 5's. He has killed 26 6* and 7* characters. I have 30 low rank tools left, but at 51 damage per attack I'm going to need about 473 more to complete.
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Erik_Aphax wrote: »
    This isnt real life, this a game and GW is the epitome of a poor game design.

Oh RNGesus, stop playing then! Simple really... & no it's not, it's fun & makes me want to play the game! Key word there being 'PLAY'... Not just auto through everything!
  • Options
    You are enjoying the GW, good for you but you cant expect that people to clap because you are happy. Most of people are not enjoying GW so the answer it's obvious.
  • kaze0718
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I've never been complaining, but currently, I have to agree with those who says its too hard.
    In the last two days, I get some strong teams on 6, 10, 11 (and sometimes 9) and then, at the last node, I get teams I do not even see in the arena (I'm a regular top 50 on a december shard). First, it was a maxed out Phasma (L), Rey, QGJ, Rex, RG - they practically obliterated my GW team, B, C, etc. every toon i could throw at them without virtually taking no damage (about 10 7* in g8 and around level 75), then they also beat my arena team in the end. Today was almost the same, only Yoda in place of Rex, I could beat it but took an immerse amount of time and retreating and RNGing (like 40 minutes on this node only).
    TLDR; too hard, too time consuming. I like the direction (it was way too easy after the last change) but it went back too far (I might even say it got harder than it was before the last change).
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Have you guys notice? The last month they managed to do only one thing right and that was the GW tweek. Well, two weeks later they break it. Unbelievable! Now they have not a single thing done right or without bugs for over a month. I think changes in the company needs to be made and you know from where those changes should start. From the head!
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    Options
    milkacak wrote: »
    Why wasn't it announced that there will be a tweak on June 29th? And what was with the silence for three days?

+11111111

What kind of crap game company tweaks their game and not only fails to inform the players, but stays silent for days?
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    Options
    From the link in the July 1st update on GW tuning
    "On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)"

Yeah, sure, those last two nodes sure are challenging. lol
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    You realize that you get to use your entire roster, right? The design probably isn't for you to go through every node unscathed.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Unpredictable is fun for me. Sounds like you need some more characters.
  • Options
    GW became stupid. Just today i spent 2 hrs to get to node 12 and than showed up a team that has 5000 points more than my strongest team. (my team is at 31000, and this one was at close 36000) How am I suppose to win that? Im not complaining if I get a team that is 1-2k stronger than me, it's good to have a challenge. But to have an almost completely maxed team (gear 10-11) against my very inferior team is just ridiculous.

It is not fair game to the not so strong players. Cuz players that have a team or two already maxed they cannot have this situation. Make the last node for the really strong players go against teams that are 5000 points stronger than them and that it will be fair game.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Their going to increase the reward extra 50 k for 3 nodes

Meaning we ll get better prize
  • Dando99
    63 posts Member
    Options
    If everyone didn't focus on chasing the meta all the time. They would have a better rounded roster. Guess you should have tried to be a little different and build unique teams.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Buyp