Game Update - 7/6/2016 - Comments- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• growlkin
    74 posts Member
    Options
    It's already 11:30am on the 7th here in Australia.
    Oh, and no mention of GW, because it's not like anyone has been upset about that...
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Yea don't make any sense.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Finnien wrote: »
    Womp_Womp wrote: »
    Finnien wrote: »
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Complain much? They don't have to give double rewards. Sorry giving you something extra that you weren't able to try and maximize the free stuff that was given to you is so upsetting.

I've already spent 300 crystals refreshing Cantina today, so that's real money for CG that I spend fairly regularly. And they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me to wait for this evening before refreshing.

Boo hoo, it was a surprise. Maybe next time they won't do it all because you are all ungrateful children.

Maybe we'll just stop playing if they can't get their **** together better than this.

Good luck with that, there are plenty of empty threats like that around here. Yet here you all are complaining and threatening to quit because you weren't told about free things ahead of time.

I wouldn't expect any other response from a troll. Crawl back under your bridge.

Call me what you want, you could be called a whiner and a quitter. Name calling gets you no where.
  • Greedo_shot_1st
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is great news. Thanks!
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So after a nearly 50 page thread of people saying how much they hate the new galactic war, instead of a response, there is a double drop event. Is this a stealth apology, or just an attempt to bump up crystal sales. How do we feel about it?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I think they made a slight error on this one actually, in the game update details its stated the pack costs 660 crystals but in game its 60 crystals less for some reason, might just be a miscommunication...
    Details; https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52122/game-update-7-6-2016#latest
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Because it'll be there tomorrow?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's 22pm here, why didn't they release early morning??
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @LordAlvert
  • Heina
    110 posts Member
    Options
    fixed bugs on brightness and grievous' saber ignitions! but no fix on gw, thanks a lot EA
  • Options
    It got changed when they cancelled the kit event, my guess was it was an internal clock error when an event disappeared. It thought it was the next week.

Why did they cancel the kit event though?

Honestly?

I've said it before but it bears repeating. Myself and my guild ( in large numbers) were hitting for a sum of 10 purples, a few useful shards and like 500k for 3-4 refreshes less then 150 each. Basically they realized it was less than a credit pack for as many credits a lot of purples and some shards. They were losing money.

• Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Omg everyone was crying when it jumped forward unexpectedly and now everyone is crying that it went back to where it was?

Because it should not jump forward or go back, it should just stay as planned. It does not seem as something really complicated to do, but apparently it is.
  • RoBott
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Poor timing. Poor communication. Instead of being greatful for the double drop and spending some money, I'm annoyed.
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can complain about something given to everyone for free, no one knew about it in advance (that I know of), so its not like anyone would have an advantage of preparation

For some time zones one day of the event was over before they released it. Also, people who refreshed earlier today are at a disadvantage compared to those that didn't. Quite a few guildmates just did a few refreshes in cantina. Mine would cost 1600 crystals. That's an advantage for them, even if it is blind luck.
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Omg everyone was crying when it jumped forward unexpectedly and now everyone is crying that it went back to where it was?

Can't win no matter what!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can complain about something given to everyone for free, no one knew about it in advance (that I know of), so its not like anyone would have an advantage of preparation

Because they're advertising it the 6th and the 7th when the 6th is pretty much over. It's completely over for people in Europe.

Just another thing to irritate people. It should have been the 7th and 8th if they were going to do it at all.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera thanks for giving us one day of double rewards at least.
  • Options
    Ah. Well then enjoy the 8th and have them reboot Crocodile Dundee, it can't be worse then the Ghostbusters reboot.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Ok they updated it. It's 48 hours from start of event.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Guildmate bought 3. He received 24 pieces of raid gear from it (12 each twice). Also got a 12 from a 50-count item, and the remaining 6 were for 20-count purple items. But you get 36 drops per pack.

Small sample size though.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    "The Grandmaster's Training event has been reset to its initial value of each 2nd Thursday in a given month. This change is to return the event to its initial values, following the cancellation of the Force Champions events."

Can someone translate this? Is this just saying that the grandmasters training event will return every second Thursday of the month?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • pnett_13
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I got nothing I needed. Don't do it.
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous. I spent a lot of time, money and effort to get my jedi team ready for this event given the pushed up date. Now with less than a day notice they decide to push it out a week further? What about some crystals back to compensate me for the amount I wasted getting ready for the early date which you had posted up until 6 p.m. PDT?

Not cool EA. Not cool at all. :/
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Oops. Spelling error. Fat fingers you know. I for one feel this is a flimsy attempt to make us forget we hate GW. But they completely ignored us on this issue, so I have no interest in funding them ever again. I only haven't quit because I hope they'll shorten it again soon.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    It's 22pm here, why didn't they release early morning??

Because they have a reputation to uphold
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    That's why I'm not using my shards lol. Who knows, sounds like a currency dump to me and raid gear I can get for free in raids.
  • Options
    wrilley wrote: »
    Ok they updated it. It's 48 hours from start of event.

And where did you see this?
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    "Fixed an issue with the Training Droids and Ability materials being displayed in a higher brightness state"

Nice priorities... Meanwhile GW still broke!
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just talked to the game team and updated the notes some with the following:

Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles! UPDATE: this event will now run for 48 hours from the time the update went live
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Missed out tonight because i had no idea the cantina was double loot abit gutted about this tbh. How long will it last for? :/
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Ok... That's nice...