Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Since the change, I've been unable to finish GW once. Today, fought through a ridiculous nodes 6, 10, 11 with only one lost toon. Then node 12 carved through my entire roster, including 20 level 80s. I managed to get RG down to about half health for my efforts.

Going to take a break from this game for a week or two. Games are supposed to be a release from the stress of life - I'm just getting aggravated.
  • Xyon
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Kipper wrote: »
    Why is everyone commenting on the difficulty and not the issue that characters that did not die cannot be used on the next nodes? It's a much bigger issue than just difficulty. What's going on?

This is the bug they fixed last night. It's resolved now if you do your next Galactic War.
  • Options
    I have rebooted my device, rebooted the game, forced close the game, uninstalled and re-installed it. All multiple times. I have read the comment from @EA_Jesse even more times and I just don't understand why the "it is fixed" has not been updated at all, because is has not been fixed.
    My GW team is still dead and I'm not the only one. I don't want crystals. I want acknowledgement of this issue.
  • TerryQ67
    13 posts Member
    Options
    As a casual player, I enjoyed GW before the changes because it gave me a regular chance to lvl up my chars and afford to promote them. Even the rewards from GW enabled me to get the extra shards needed to get chars to a lvl to promote them. After the changes I generally only manage about 4 or 5 nodes before get wiped out. I dare say the hardcore players are enjoying the changes, but casuals like myself are starting to lose interest, in what was a very good game.

The easy and hard options mentioned on this thread do sound like a good compromise. Putting GW back to how it was with its regular rewards as the easy mode. Then having the current version as the hard mode, with rewards to reflect the harder challenge. As long as the mode cannot be changed mid way through it should give everyone a fair crack at it.
  • Options
    Since the change, I've been unable to finish GW once. Today, fought through a ridiculous nodes 6, 10, 11 with only one lost toon. Then node 12 carved through my entire roster, including 20 level 80s. I managed to get RG down to about half health for my efforts.

Going to take a break from this game for a week or two. Games are supposed to be a release from the stress of life - I'm just getting aggravated.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Yea
    I'm out. I have nothing left to say here. Seeing the new pack with mods for 600 gems, finally made me see how this update came to be. Cause a problem, sell the solution. The Tony Stark arms method.

Well played CG.

I'm out, right now anything else I type will not be nice.

Yep, exactly the situation as I see it. Even their "solution"is random, with a high possibility of getting trash. They aren't even trying to hide their greed, nor are they willing to step up and discuss it. At least I won't feel bad walking away if things continue along this path. I'll feel bad for my guildies, removing my contributions, but that isn't worth reinforcing such terrible behavior. I've already stopped spending and I've rated the game 1 star. Hopefully I can save 1 person from this disaster.
  • OranStarlighter
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I created an account just to reply to this thread. The GW has gone from being sometimes challenging, sometimes fairly easy, to an absolute exercise in frustration. I'm a level 80 player with a mix of 6/7*, gear level 7/8 (one 9), one toon level 80 rest are 70-78. Just now at GW node 11 I got an opponent team of RG, Fives, Lumi, Dooku, and Rey, all 7*, all level 80, and all gear level 9 or 10. Burned through most of my toons hoping to get an easier matchup for node 12. Got: Vader, RG, Veers, Tarkin, Dooku, all level 80 maxed gear maxed stars except Vader. No chance, I didn't even have to retreat because my entire "A" team was gone before I could attack.

If this happened on occasion I could chalk it up to bad luck of the draw, but this example is what I've come across more often than not in the last week. Our entire clan is up in arms about it.

I'm a science teacher, when I have a student teacher working with me I have them design lessons that are just beyond the students' current level of ability. Too easy and students will tune out; too hard and many will quit due to frustration, resentment, or anger. Tasks need to be challenging enough to spur intrinsic motivation, but not so difficult to make the successful completion almost impossible.

EA, please fix this.
  • Detrimis
    22 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of this stupid version of GW. Challenging does not mean impossible and right now I can do better in raids than I can in GW. There is no reason a maxed out level 80 gear 11 qui gon should die in node 6. It's not fun. Please chAnge it back.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    So....like the movie said...."Is it safe?"
  • Rayek
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I created an account just to reply to this thread. The GW has gone from being sometimes challenging, sometimes fairly easy, to an absolute exercise in frustration. I'm a level 80 player with a mix of 6/7*, gear level 7/8 (one 9), one toon level 80 rest are 70-78. Just now at GW node 11 I got an opponent team of RG, Fives, Lumi, Dooku, and Rey, all 7*, all level 80, and all gear level 9 or 10. Burned through most of my toons hoping to get an easier matchup for node 12. Got: Vader, RG, Veers, Tarkin, Dooku, all level 80 maxed gear maxed stars except Vader. No chance, I didn't even have to retreat because my entire "A" team was gone before I could attack.

If this happened on occasion I could chalk it up to bad luck of the draw, but this example is what I've come across more often than not in the last week. Our entire clan is up in arms about it.

I'm a science teacher, when I have a student teacher working with me I have them design lessons that are just beyond the students' current level of ability. Too easy and students will tune out; too hard and many will quit due to frustration, resentment, or anger. Tasks need to be challenging enough to spur intrinsic motivation, but not so difficult to make the successful completion almost impossible.

EA, please fix this.

This.

Science!

• Options

EA, please fix this.

+1
  • Haloinreverse
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You'll see what had have to go up against in the last battle in the screen shot provided. Now keep in my mind all of my characters are only gear level VIII except for two (one is gear level 11 and one 10. It was mathematically impossible for me to defeat the last battle regardless of how many characters I used. There is clearly something wrong there. This is supposed to be challenging not mathematically impossible.

I've gone from being able to get through it with a challenge to being impossible to get through it at all. A message for the devs. You've taken the fun out of galactic war and made a complete and total mess of it. Someone seriously screwed up their basic algebra while updating GW. You broke something that didn't need to be fixed and I'm disgusted with it.

Screen shot : https://imgur.com/a/MN7Fu
  • Options
    Forgot screenshot?
  • Options
    Here is the link to the screen shot. Forum won't let me post the screen shot using the usual methods. Go figure, that's not working.

https://imgur.com/a/MN7Fu
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Please bring down the difficulty. I'm tired of fighting multiple maxed gear meta teams. Already have thrown 3 squads at a maxed out Ben SHan Rey Leia and QGJ comp on node 8... This isn't even remotely fun, this is like the punishment chore your parents would give you when you did something bad growing up. My tablet is also mortally afraid of being thrown out the window at lightspeed.
  • Options
    If you all gave us a way to get credits other than GW, everyone would stop doing GW. No one would take part in that activity. That's how bad you've made it. There is no fun to it at all.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    See, you just need stronger guys and then the 12th battle will just be the easy 3* one. I'm not kidding. If you can get the combined power of your top 5 guys (you don't actually need to use them anywhere) to 37k or more, the system will give you an easy last battle. It's like becoming rich and famous and being comped by businesses.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Daxx
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I will say, that after finally beating the exact same team that wiped out everyone I had on the 12th battle for three days straight, the tuning seems to be where it should be; challenging but not impossible as it was the first three or four days.
  • Options
    looked easier than my last one today, old Ben lead, Rey, qgj, rg and GS.... pretty sure they were all maxed, took three teams, was down to my last 3 7*'s...I didn't think I had a chance in hell
  • Options
    I'm on node 11 and so far so good.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Haloinreverse
    Hate to burst your bubble (only slightly) but that team is no where near the brokenness that I experience.

Anakin, Aayla, 5s, RG, Sun Fac

HP for days, counter for days, Sun fac is practically unkillable. It took me three full PvP teams to kill that ONE node. As a f2p I am lucky to have the longevity to have those three teams (Dooku team, Droids, and Rebels). It's only the last two nodes that give me trouble so I don't complain that much, but I am seriously considering never raising my power or gearing my toons any further. I couldn't handle a node 10,11,12 with the way my last nodes have been for the past three days.

It is ALWAYS an anakin or rex lead clone hp team, and almost always has a sun fac.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    If you all gave us a way to get credits other than GW, everyone would stop doing GW. No one would take part in that activity. That's how bad you've made it. There is no fun to it at all.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

I managed to beat that 9th node, then 10th was easier, and then the last 2 were the usual. I could not complete GW. And I decided I will not bother in the future.

It's completely braindead to tune the opponents in GW based on my arena power. My 32,5k power level gave me 3 times opponents with +10k in power.

Do they seriously think I put my raid rewards to useless guys that do not help me progress in arena or be useful in raids?
    Daxx wrote: »
    I will say, that after finally beating the exact same team that wiped out everyone I had on the 12th battle for three days straight, the tuning seems to be where it should be; challenging but not impossible as it was the first three or four days.

Good for you. For the 2nd last node I got G11 Obi-Wan (L), G11 RG, G11 QGJ, G11 Rey and G10 StHan. For the last node I was thrilled to see G11 Anakin (L), G11 RG, G11 GQJ, G11 Rey and G10 StHan. It felt very refreshing and I see a lot of variety there.

Note that I don't have a single character with gear level 10, thanks to RNG in raid rewards.
  • Options
    So galactic war is programmed to be easier if your characters are more powerful, and programmed to be virtually impossible to beat if you are less powerful??? What kind of backwards logic is that??? Logic isn't even the appropriate word to use because that's completely illogical. It should be challenging at ALL levels, not impossible to beat. It was NEVER like this until they updated it. They broke something that was working perfectly fine before. They basically pulled the rug out from many players. Sorry but they dropped the ball big time. This is an enormous screw up of epic proportions.
  • FN2199
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Curious but how many toons have died before you reached this node?
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    See, you just need stronger guys and then the 12th battle will just be the easy 3* one. I'm not kidding. If you can get the combined power of your top 5 guys (you don't actually need to use them anywhere) to 37k or more, the system will give you an easy last battle. It's like becoming rich and famous and being comped by businesses.

I used to get those. Now my last node when I can get there is also G10/G11 toons
  • Options
    They didn't break it, they fixed it. So you will pay to proceed. Simple really. Sad, but simple.
  • Options
    Keep Fun Sac stunned and burn down Rex first, then go after Sac or Qui-Gon. I tend to go after Sac with the first team since I know they're going down anyway, just keep hitting him and try to keep him immobilized. With next team, go after Qui-Gon. Anakin and Aayla are your last targets. Bring a taunter when attacking Aayla. Chewie might be good for a damage sponge.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've never in my life felt the need to review an app before, but I've also never felt as defrauded, or insulted by a game or its makers before. @EA_Jesse I made the time to give you your 1 star. 0 stars wasn't an option or I'd have done that.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Keep Fun Sac stunned and burn down Rex first, then go after Sac or Qui-Gon. I tend to go after Sac with the first team since I know they're going down anyway, just keep hitting him and try to keep him immobilized. With next team, go after Qui-Gon. Anakin and Aayla are your last targets. Bring a taunter when attacking Aayla. Chewie might be good for a damage sponge.

@EventineElessedil
    Man, the fact you have to just accept it takes a team to bring down SF does not fill me with comfort :)