Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• Options
    Fearbeard wrote: »
    Epic misdirection. People will stop complaining about the massive mistake that the current mod system is and instead focus on the reduced drop rate.

Well I mean, they've made it pretty clear that mods are not going away. So people are like, "okay, the situation is that we have mods. I guess I better farm them now."

Also, in general I think this update proves that they are really, really, really out of touch with their community.
  • DarthAl
    125 posts Member
    Options
    No one to thank but your **** impatient selves, IMO. Blame every whine thread you've read today.
    You said it
  • Options
    This is what happens when people can't **** and be a little patient. I have no sympathy. I hope to see as many crying threads tomorrow as well.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    i just refreshed to 1600 as if we get syringe drop rate i'll be beyond ****
  • Nejeda
    21 posts Member
    Options
    So basically I'm screwed huh? I haven't been able to manually download the update. It freezes everytime. I have to wait for it to be pushed to everyone. So while everyone else is loading up on 100% mod drops I can't get any and by the time I can finally try to get mods I won't get them at the rate everyone else already has...great. How awesome. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    Still doesn't fix the energy starvation problem.

Cantina energy doesn't refresh as quick as normal energy nor does it cost the same to refresh nor are there bonus energy collections for cantina energy.

I get that you guys made mods so whales would actually spend crystals on cantina energy, I get that. Money hunger has a grip on you guys, but I get it. What I don't get is why you continue to drown those that can't spend thousands on this game while knowing whales will buy cantina energy regardless. So please, match cantina energy to normal energy or use the force and make a new energy.

In addition, you've got to fix GW again...it disgust me that for the first time since January I failed to finish GW run. Had all of my toons and in good shape heading into node 12, then bam, all 60 of my toons died on a single node. You cannot tell me that is how you intended this to work, that excuse doesn't fly.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    3. Reworked Mod Drops in Mod Battles and Mod Challenges

Battles will no longer just drop Mods 100% of the time. Instead the drop rate will be higher than Character Shards on an equivalent Squad Cantina node. Challenges will also drop at the higher rate.

Wait, are you really going to nerf drop rates? Are you serius? How do you guys still have a job? After all you have done you are going to make it even worse? That s mental
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm done. This is your big rebuttal after hearing all of our concerns? You ruined the game.

I'm off to future fight. :D
  • Options
    Now seriousl
    No one to thank but your **** impatient selves, IMO. Blame every whine thread you've read today.

Now whos a whittle baby...the changes were made and accepted by CG blame them.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    4fe21e1e91407.jpeg

QFT
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I think they have the guys who work for customer service read the forums and write up reports for the devs. The only possible explanation for how ridiculously sideways they take our concerns and criticism.

This update broke everything. There is no balance, no sense of progression, no feeling of accomplishment, no goal beyond 6 pieces of gear for each character. You threw all of our hard work in the trashbin and called it an update.

I really want to swear and hit things. That was my response, despite my calm nature.

Now you update the update to nerf drop rates? Who hired you? They should be sacked. The person who hired them should be sacked. Everyone should be sacked.

YOU'RE DOING THE WRONG THINGS!

Stop. Listen. Learn.

PLEASE!!!

I'm going to go and play The Division, because even Massive and Ubisoft have their testing of updates in a better state than CG.
  • Options
    How exactly is that helping at all? So now we just get to waste precious cantina energy?
  • So7hoth
    48 posts Member
    Options
    This is what happens when people can't **** and be a little patient. I have no sympathy. I hope to see as many crying threads tomorrow as well.

1. Care to elaborate?
    2. Are you going to post this on every thread?
  • Options
    Wait a minute, I get it. It's like bizzaro world. We love all these amazing changes. Can you make it cost more and be harder to get stuff please. Also I want energy to regenerate slower and I want to earn less crystals in everything please. Thanks for listening.
  • Options

You're just flat out deluded if you think this is OUR fault.
  • Options
    Battles will no longer just drop Mods 100% of the time. Instead the drop rate will be higher than Character Shards on an equivalent Squad Cantina node. Challenges will also drop at the higher rate.

My guess here is, they had 2 choices nerf the stats or make them less available. They opted to reduce the drop rate. Which means there will be a mad dash until the update to stockpile the mods from the 100% drop rate version we are currently using. Afterwards the powergap will widen. I understand the logic, I question the timing. With all the mobs here still waving torches is putting out their flames with gasoline prudent?
  • Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Insults and foul language violate the TOS

So, delete the last 2 updates because they are insults for customers that spent $$$ past 6 months and see their money become dust!!!
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DarthAl wrote: »
    You said it

This x10000. I did not hoard energy and in two days with the 100 and 200 crystal cost energy refreshes I was able to get 5* health mods for my whole arena team. What the heck are you guys complaining about?

This was the cheapest/easiest meta to chase in the history of the game. And the shear large numbers can make any toon viable.

Unbelievable. Maybe play the game next time before you crash the forums.

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

If you tested it and it worked out after the shock phase passed:

1. Why didn't you simply communicate that it would be that way. You tested it and knew it. Warn us?

2. Don't implement the changes you laid out in this note. It will worsen the situation.

3. If you tested it and it worked after a settling in period, don't just randomly throw that out for a last-minute solution that sounds even worse than the original.
  • Options
    So7hoth wrote: »

1. Care to elaborate?
    2. Are you going to post this on every thread?

He will because he has the rationality and critical thinking ability of your average rock.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options

I can't believe I just read this.

So uh... does this mean that we should all dump all our remaining crystals tonight into Mod Challenges while we can "precraft" our stack of T5 mods?

Because that's what this is saying.

And then right after that, uninstall the game, because none of the listed "fixes" fix a single one of the community concerns with the mod system as-implemented.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I don't...I just read it and understood every word...but I don't understand what you are doing!

Is this just a polite warning that you are nerfing drop rates? That's not good news at all. One of the BEST parts of mods was the 100% drop rate.

I don't understand what your vision for the future of the game was with Mods, seeing that your QA did actually see their stats. I have no idea what your vision of the future is with the changes to mods. Worst of all, I have no idea if CG has any idea of what the future of this game looks like.

This has reached a 100% drop rate of "concern" mods. That's really very concerning!
  • Options
    DarthAl wrote: »
    You said it

Indeed, he said something so blatantly **** that we should all be ashamed to share this dumpster fire of a game with him.
  • Options
    Yeah. That's what they said and they aren't actually trolling...
  • Options
    during the initial testing and balancing phases of these Mods, we received feedback very similar to your initial reaction, however, in almost every single case, once those players got past the “sticker shock” of the large numbers (so to speak), the feeling was that Mods really allowed for more variety in the game.

Why did you (the company "you", not necessarily the NotReallyAJedi you) think our reaction would be different? If the initial reaction you got was similar to this, you must have been expecting this, and don't you think you should have warned us beforehand?
  • Options
    What a bunch of whinners you all are. This same thing happens every time there is a major change in the game; pages and pages of complaints and threats to leave the game. Guess what, people quit and new people join, it's the circle of life for these types of games.

Give the change some time folks! Remember all the rants about protection when it was added?

All I see is a bunch of complainers when I read the forums.

Thanks EA for the changes, while not received well by most, I'm sure after a month or so things will calm back down like they usually do.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Love the spin added too... "The challenge will drop at the higher rate" aka the new lower rate...
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    This was the cheapest/easiest meta to chase in the history of the game. And the shear large numbers can make any toon viable.

I did not hoard energy and in two days with the 100 and 200 crystal cost energy refreshes I was able to get 5* health mods for my whole arena team. What the heck are you guys complaining about?

Unbelievable. Maybe play the game next time before you crash the forums.
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    Yeah. That's what they said and they aren't actually trolling...

What is this now the 5th broken update in a row?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options

Be patient? Angry people quit the game. My guild (top 50) has lost 5 in the past day. If you want the game to continue on so you can have fun, you need everyone else here playing and having fun and spending too. Or do you think they just make this game for fun?