Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    What a bunch of whinners you all are. This same thing happens every time there is a major change in the game; pages and pages of complaints and threats to leave the game. Guess what, people quit and new people join, it's the circle of life for these types of games.

Give the change some time folks! Remember all the rants about protection when it was added?

All I see is a bunch of complainers when I read the forums.

Thanks EA for the changes, while not received well by most, I'm sure after a month or so things will calm back down like they usually do.

That's exactly what they're hoping for
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    So7hoth wrote: »
    This is what happens when people can't **** and be a little patient. I have no sympathy. I hope to see as many crying threads tomorrow as well.

1. Care to elaborate?
    2. Are you going to post this on every thread?

He will because he has the rationality and critical thinking ability of your average rock.

Actually, I'm not. It would be effort and time wasted on below average rocks.

• slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done. This is your big rebuttal after hearing all of our concerns? You ruined the game.

I'm off to future fight. :D

not really a jedi, "we hear your concerns and we're going to fix this. "
    Players, "thanks we knew you'd come through"

-Insults and foul language violate the TOS-

@CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Since you're up and here maybe you could address our concerns. The lowered drop rate seems like a horrible idea. Perhaps you could shed some light as to why it isn't?
  • Options
    I figured the automatic mod drops were too good to last.
    Perhaps the devs can address the following conundrum:
    I have finite amount of time and resources to spend on this game.
    Every element (short of the regular levels) now has a paywall.
    PVP is the traditional place where freemium games let the p2pers roam and dominate, so I don't expect to do well there. But even still, the top 200 in each shard is slowly being full of folks who have guilds with the ability to do multiple T7 raids and thus get guaranteed gear lvl 9 and 10 gear.
    Of course the drop rates for tier 8 gear are abysmal so grinders are unable to keep up, thus being forced out of the top 200, getting lower amounts of crystals and Arena currency - which makes it harder to compete in
    Galactic War, which was once the grinders refuge, a place with guaranteed crystals, trainers, and cash.
    It allowed you to make steady progress and even save some crystals for a push or to spend on shards.
    Now, tiers 9 - 12 are a hard paywall, full of teams in the top 25 of their shards.
    Cantina battles were a nice way for f2P grinders to slowly level up, and earn trainers, ability mats, and cash.
    Now the energy formerly earmarked for that (energy that is expensive to refresh and slow to recharge)
    is needed for mods. Mods are on paper a nice way for f2p to compete.... but how exactly are we supposed to do that - when there is no mode in this game that doesn't require investment or borderline insane determination and patience to complete?
    I don't have time to invest on the ceaseless grinding, and now you all are slowly closing off every mode of the game to folks who can't put 50 or more a month into the game.

My conundrum is... what do you expect the unwashed masses to do? This is.... repeat after me... a Freemium game! It is designed to get a lot of folks to spend a few bucks to keep up with a few folks who spend a lot of bucks.
    Sadly, not anymore. Even 20 a month won't get you anywhere, and frankly, this game ain't worth more than that.

I think there is time to turn the ship around, to make things accessible for average schmoes... but time is running out.
  • Options
    NRAJ, it really doesn't look good on you with you editing comments on this thread enforcing ToS, yet not actually replying to us here.
  • _JAM_
    15 posts Member
    Options
    One of my big issues is there is not an easy way to tell if a team has max mods. The power level does not go up enough to tell.

I try to battle a team that is close to me in arena power, but their Rey hits for 25k. How can a toon with 40k protection, 40k health be considered 7200 power?

If there was a higher power increase in modded toons, would this not make it so I would not face teams that totally over power me in GW, since your opponent's are based on your top toons power? Would this not also eventually level the arena back to a sensible level?

I like the idea of mods, I am not a fan of catina power being used, but I can accept that. I really do not like how characters are no longer unique, or how mods are so powerful.
  • Options
    You know in a few weeks after we've all got our 5* mods all leveled up they'll release 6* mods that will double the power and health and this will start all over.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    NRAJ, it really doesn't look good on you with you editing comments on this thread enforcing ToS, yet not actually replying to us here.

Please spend less time Hawkeye monitoring our naughty words and address our concerns if you're going to be present. You're bleeding credibility.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    For the record, I called the 2nd coming of the precraft debacle earlier today.

The message has been sent to us loud and clear time and time again:

We do not want your feedback.
    If you insist on giving it to us, we will do the exact opposite of what you request. All of your dollars are belong to us.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    Options
    Cash grab. Not going to happen for me, I may just walk, but cash grab.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently they hear what we say if it violates the TOS
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Thanks EA for the changes, while not received well by most, I'm sure after a month or so things will calm back down like they usually do.

It'll calm down all right...
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I think so. But then we'd all be in forum jail. Not that it matters

EDIT: removed quoted post.
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Yeah when most of the playerbase is gone.
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

What they can possibly do? Kick us from the forum? Or from their broken game?

EDIT: removed quoted post
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    Apparently they hear what we say if it violates the TOS

I guess we've learned the magic trick then, not saying I propose we do this but if everyone in the forum started violating the ToS in every post would it get us some communication, ya think? Hypothetically....

What they can possibly do? Kick us from the forum? Or from their broken game?

There's an exodus already
  • Options
    QGJesus wrote: »

I honestly think, unless CG is in the studio at 10 pm their time pulling an all night er with red bull, with someone being fired or suspended and them approaching this from a player view not a Dev or executive view, within 3 days with the rise if Pokémon Go, this game is dead
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    QGJesus wrote: »

I honestly think, unless CG is in the studio at 10 pm their time pulling an all night er with red bull, with someone being fired or suspended and them approaching this from a player view not a Dev or executive view, within 3 days with the rise if Pokémon Go, this game is dead

Well maybe that's where @CG_NotReallyAJedi disappeared to. He's gotta catch em all!
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Pathetic
  • Options
    Obviously we all misunderstood the precrafting debacle. We mistakenly thought it was an accident and something that could be learnt from so it would never happen again. No. It was clearly deliberate and had its intended consequences. People must have dumped a LOT of cash then and they're banking on it happening again.

Welcome to precrafting 2.0
  • Options
    PRECRAFT 2.0 IS HAPPENING! QUICK farm all the mods you can the drop rate is reducing
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Yes hurry spend lots of money
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I think the biggest shock here is that there is a QA team.
    Is it the same kind of QA team they use to test makeup and the effects of smoking on?
    Go ahead and give them a banana on us!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I finally figured out what happened here, somebody screwed up and gave these guys the Star Wars IP instead of the Spaceballs IP.

Galaxy of Heroes 2: The Search for More Money
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    PRECRAFT 2.0 IS HAPPENING! QUICK farm all the mods you can the drop rate is reducing
    Relax in a couple of weeks no one cares, for then it's all about 6* mods, and all the 5*mods are useless
    Don't rush all your crystals into getting mods, unless you're a whale
    And guess what they also have 7* in the horizon
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Relax in a couple of weeks no one cares, for then it's all about 6* mods, and all the 5*mods are useless
    Don't rush all your crystals into getting mods, unless you're a whale
    And guess what they also have 7* in the horizon

Thats the kind of laxed approach i had at precraft 1 and i got totally screwed so i think i'll take my chances
  • Options
    Honestly I wouldn't mind the nerfed drop rate if it was accompanied by an increase in the regeneration of cantina energy to match regular energy or a change to make mods have their own energy. As it is, this just pushes the time frame to be able to farm cantina again right out the window.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    In other words people weren't refreshing the expensive and slow cantina energy like we hoped and we need to recover some money after all the whales left so we're dropping the drops rate and we going to tell you that like its a good thing, a solution to overpowered mods, because you know we're listening, hahaha suckers!

And when the drop rate is too low will you put them in shipments for $10 a piece please?

That would make John happy, you guys might even get a patch day bonus.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I finally figured out what happened here, somebody screwed up and gave these guys the Star Wars IP instead of the Spaceballs IP.

Galaxy of Heroes 2: The Search for More Money
    Ahahahaha, when I read this, I laughed out loud! xD

I honestly don't know why the devs and staff at CG are so tight-lipped when the people putting food on their tables have some serious inquiries...is this what you call "keeping it professional"?
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Look. Two things.
    One, I'm fairly certain that CGs stats on spending are showing a massive upturn. This is probably due to a combination of factors (players quitting and spending before they leave, players thinking we're having precraft 2.0, and players who want mods). Please do not assume that this panic/leaving spending is players being ok with all of this patch. That is short sighted thinking that I know the devs can avoid.

Two, INRAJ, the patch seems... Weird. Whatever. Can, and does CG even have the capacity to, you do an immediate thing to halt the unintended negative side effects of mods? Right now, a 1-2 day delay could prove fatal due to the... volatile nature of the playerbase. Likewise, the longer something exists, the more likely that players will feel entitled to that as the norm. Taking this away later could result in just as negative a backlash.

Examples for solutions could be:
    - a complete pre-patch rollback.
    - a complete mod "nerf" (reduce numbers immediately) with an announcement about future retuning.

Right now, asking an online community to "wait and see" or to have faith in developers that have burned them (precraft, GW feedback, etc) in the past is a very dangerous game.

Please consider more immediate action. Thanks.

Edit: edited for clarity on entitlement phrase and INRAJ misspelling.