The Ewok Event - (Comments\Questions) * Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    The refresh cost reduces incrementally: 100, 150, 175...
  • Options
    I appreciate all of the events that have been pumped out lately and was extremely excited when I read that the Endor Assault was going to be tuned to be very difficult.

Tier 2 of that event was easier than the Scareth Rebel going on right now. I was really, really hoping for an equivalent challenge as the previous Rebel event. Why does everything in this game get made ridiculously easy? Is a challenge too much to ask for?

I think it's more Palpatine getting released has made this event easy.
  • Options
    It's good to have events that newer players can have fun with once in a while. :)
    Was there a heroic tier for you?

A lot easier than last time, finished without damage except Elder at wave 8 hit me once after speed increase by chief
  • Options
    I'm just going to say thank you for this really fun, relatively relaxed event. Sure, the challenge-seekers have a valid point, but not every event is supposed to induce ragequit. Also, I only managed to beat Tier 2 this time around, so many thanks for the credits and shards and stuff.
  • Options
    Palp cleared two stages on his own in one shot on the difficult tier.

• scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is the difference between instant death characters and aoe of the 2 events.

Military might it was Vader and EP that could just about ohko any charater with basic but they had very high health. Also the Mt and sand troopers had alot of aoe

Forest moon the ohko, while there is a bunch of them have no health and can be wiped with a simple AoE. The Ewoks also had no AoE.
  • Options
    I do not use palatine and it was easy. Hk47, 88, 86, RG, Magmatrooper. Then again my guys are geared to level 10 or higher and most have five star mods. They are all modded up. So I am not surprised that I had an easy time.
  • Options
    I had 1 toon that met their recommended stats all the rest are significantly lower, my palp doesn't even have any mods. I walked through the event found it very easy. The only thing that tripped me up was a dead ee that revived all the scouts.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I think it is the difference between instant death characters and aoe of the 2 events.

Military might it was Vader and EP that could just about ohko any charater with basic but they had very high health. Also the Mt and sand troopers had alot of aoe

Forest moon the ohko, while there is a bunch of them have no health and can be wiped with a simple AoE. The Ewoks also had no AoE.

Ooohwee. Along with this, I think they forgot to tune up the speed of the ewoks.
  • Options
    Whales are having it easy. I am not

My droid team is

HK lvl 80, 7* gear 8, omega
    IG88 lvl 80, 7*, gear 8,omega
    IG86, lvl 80, 7*, gear8,omega
    RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

I get destroyed in tier 1. My B2 is not high enough and I really miss my jawa engineer which can't participate.
  • Z_Cavaricci
    660 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    I had 1 toon that met their recommended stats all the rest are significantly lower, my palp doesn't even have any mods. I walked through the event found it very easy. The only thing that tripped me up was a dead ee that revived all the scouts.

Lol. Yeah. On the last stage after I killed EE he somehow spawned two Scouts.

• Options
    I'm just going to say thank you for this really fun, relatively relaxed event. Sure, the challenge-seekers have a valid point, but not every event is supposed to induce ragequit. Also, I only managed to beat Tier 2 this time around, so many thanks for the credits and shards and stuff.

+1
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Lol. Yeah. On the last stage after I killed EE he somehow spawned two Scouts.

Ooohwee. Read the dev notes. It warned you right in there about that.
  • Options
    Guibs wrote: »

My droid team is

RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

I get destroyed in tier 1. My B2 is not high enough and I really miss my jawa engineer which can't participate.

They are probably too slow, if you fix that your opponents won't be able to land a hit on you
  • Options
    Aren't you all glad they changed attempts from 3 to 1. Saved what, and extra 3 minutes from your day?
  • PiggieFace
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    So an easy $2M+ doesn't do it for you?

I got $150k on each tier. What gives?

• Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

My droid team is

RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

They are probably too slow, if you fix that your opponents won't be able to land a hit on you

I know, I rely a lot on my JE in arena to fix this. Forgot to mention my droid all have 4-5 stars mods as well. I was at least expecting to finish tier 1.
  • Options

My droid team is

RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

It's not a whale event. I'm 100% FTP and beat both tiers. The key is to be using empire characters rather than droids. EP makes this event much easier than last time
  • Options
    PiggieFace wrote: »
    RyanRen wrote: »
    So an easy $2M+ doesn't do it for you?

I got $150k on each tier. What gives?
    If you beat the event last time, it won't give you the first time rewards again. Those getting 2 mil ate getting the first time rewards.
  • Options
    That was my tier 2 run. With better RNG it could have been flawless. I only took 2 hits. That's just way too easy imo. I'm fine with tier one being the way it is so it's accessible for everyone. But don't pump up how hard tier 2 is gonna be all week and then release this.

https://youtu.be/iqy1sh-XnHo
  • Options
    People said they got > 1 M gold from ewok event but i got only twice 150K.

Normal ?
  • Options
    When is easy or just challenging people complain it s too easy.

When it s too hard people complain it s too hard
  • Options
    You must have completed it last time. If they got a million it was their first completion.
  • Options
    Oh ok
  • Options
    I got the million for first time completion. Couldn't complete it last time.
  • Options

My droid team is

RG, lvl 80, 6*, gear 8
    B2, lvl 70, 4*' gear8

how?

I breezed through it without getting hit with the following team:

HK 5* lvl 70, gear 8 (need the furnace for 9), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    IG88 6* lvl 70, gear 8 (need furnace for 9), level 5 mortal wound, level 6 rest
    IG86 7* lvl 70, gear 8 (again, the GD furnace), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    RG 6* lvl 80, gear 8 (droid caller and stun gun), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    B2 4* lvl 69, gear 8 (missing stun gun, droid caller, and both holo projector), level 5 heavy arms, level 7 mow down, level 6 relentless (no omega)

I BREEZED through it with that team. One scout had an evade and rocked my 88, but 2 rounds later he was back to full health. I didn't have a single issue with it.

Tier 2 I tried it once and got smoked in round 4. But I think with some creative playing, I could squeek by it (assuming it each round tiers similar to the Tier 1 on the event).

I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this to tell you that your team (which is significantly better than mine) can easily handle this event.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The key is to be using empire characters rather than droids. EP makes this event much easier than last time

Really? I was just thinking how bad Empire must be, if they went out of their way to describe tier 2 as bonus, for max gear and mods, only.

I had over 75% protection left on all my toons (droids with Magna and RG). Most of em over 90%. I'm talking it looked like my droids were on node 5 of GW by the time it was done. I'm gonna go ahead and auto it tomorrow to see what happens.

I didn't count, but I would say I got hit 4 or 5 times.
  • Options
    I need to finish levelling/gearing my team. Made it to level 8, instant wipe lol. It should have more tiers and progressive difficulty with proper rewards. Make it have 5 tiers and make 5 insane for those wanting impossible odds. Then more can compete and work in their teams. Was nice seeing Vaders crushing blow wipe the little furballs on in between levels lol
  • Options
    With any event, the developers should ensure there is a tier (3?) that provides a challenge to high level players. The rewards don't have to be high. We just enjoy being pushed by the game. Tiers I and 2 can remain for the newer players. This event was disappointing following the enjoyable challenge of the Empire event. Certanly something EA should consider for next time.