***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I want to apologize for "eating up" a lot of this thread with what seems like, and might be, complaining. In the spirit of my "fair shake" comment above, I realize that many of posts have been primarily about the negatives. That's not exactly fair.

Honestly, I enjoyed certain aspects of the tournament:

1) Being able to try to utilize parts of my roster that haven't been used together before. As a mostly f2p player, I was forced to try to squeeze as many viable teams/day into the event as I could. I ran a Jedi team, an Empire team, a droid team, a Rebel team and then, even a mish-mosh Phasma+Daka+Ewoks team. I even tried to trot out a "left overs" team if I saw a weaker opponent on refreshes. Even if they were able to only take down one or two enemies for a handful of point, it was fun. Being forced to go with something other than just my "best 5" (arena) was more akin to GW (which I love). That aspect was certainly fun.

2) I must admit, that the rewards, when taken within the context are decent. I know above I labelled them "mediocre" for a 3 day event. Upon further reflection, that's not really fair. The raid gear was mediocre - but the purple mats, omegas, shards and credits were all solid rewards.

The event does need some work - but was a decent start.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I wish I'd been placed on one of those severs that topped out the top 3 in the low 3k points. lol. That would have been perfect at the competitive level and crystal investment i was comfortable with. Not to mention I would have taken 1st lol
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Really? We put the final thoughts in the mega jumble?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Yup, cause Ea doesn't care. They're too busy counting the Benjamins!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Oddly enough, I don't think they are. Revenue, at least on the apple side, have been about normal or maybe a little below normal. They should have seen a bump in revenue (they did over the weekend with double drops) so I esxpect they will revamp the tournaments to actually encourage more spending during the event.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

EA doesn't merge the threads, the non-employee mods do (typically, at least). Also, as stated elsewhere (but undoubtedly buried here) the game's revenue has been trending steadily downward all week. There was a HUGE spike coinciding with the sale and double drops, but it has fallen back to post-mod-update levels since.
  • Options

Oddly enough, I don't think they are. Revenue, at least on the apple side, have been about normal or maybe a little below normal. They should have seen a bump in revenue (they did over the weekend with double drops) so I esxpect they will revamp the tournaments to actually encourage more spending during the event.

the 3day double drop was to acquire them assetts for this event
  • Options

Yeah, double drop rate events combined with discounted crystal packs will definitely bring out the money.

A little surprised they don't do more of those types of events.
  • Options
    I just wanted to thank cg ea and the devs even through all the drama I appreciate the tournament.
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Yes. It's not good. The event itself is great. But the crystal refresh is gay.

sir, it's 2016. I'm sure you can find another word in lieu of "gay" to describe your displeasure.

Ball_Writte talks a lot of smack for someone who only has 3 toons 7*. That's right a whopping 3 toons. I checked his roster. Old Daka, Leia and Lumi is his only 7* toons.

Anyways ignore him. He is ignorant. Ignorant people are only relevant when people make them so. Ignore them and they will remain ignorant as well as irrelevant.

Lol satire? Only having a few 7*s in this game suddenly makes you ignorant?
    RigelHaste wrote: »
    Do you not think there are members of the LGBTQ community grew up with Star Wars? Do you not think they might also be gamers?

Let's say I'm gay. Am I not welcome here? How should I react when an ignoramus uses the term gay to mean something that isn't right? Let's not kid, that's exactly what was meant. Should I just put up with it? Does my pointing out that it really isn't appreciated make you uncomfortable because you found it funny?

There are plenty of ways to express yourself in a public forum without resorting to loaded words.

Wow get off your soap box. Youre choosing to be triggered by the use of the word gay. You know he wasnt trying to say anything at all about gay people, and just using a word that means more than one thing. Its not up to us to censor ourselves because you want to misread things.
    I want to apologize for "eating up" a lot of this thread with what seems like, and might be, complaining. In the spirit of my "fair shake" comment above, I realize that many of posts have been primarily about the negatives. That's not exactly fair.

1) Being able to try to utilize parts of my roster that haven't been used together before. As a mostly f2p player, I was forced to try to squeeze as many viable teams/day into the event as I could. I ran a Jedi team, an Empire team, a droid team, a Rebel team and then, even a mish-mosh Phasma+Daka+Ewoks team. I even tried to trot out a "left overs" team if I saw a weaker opponent on refreshes. Even if they were able to only take down one or two enemies for a handful of point, it was fun. Being forced to go with something other than just my "best 5" (arena) was more akin to GW (which I love). That aspect was certainly fun.

2) I must admit, that the rewards, when taken within the context are decent. I know above I labelled them "mediocre" for a 3 day event. Upon further reflection, that's not really fair. The raid gear was mediocre - but the purple mats, omegas, shards and credits were all solid rewards.

This was not a tournament friend! I have competed in tournaments and this was no where close to being a tournament haha
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    soneill73 wrote: »
    They use 1 toon at a time to wipe out low defense team

Are you sure about that? 5 toons per squad was a requirement. I tried to test this and the game came up with a popup message saying the "Squad requirements had not been met". I'm assuming the people in my bracket just spent hard and a lot for just another toon in the collection.

He means 1 strong hero, the rest.. meh..[/quote]

That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.
  • BDB
    11 posts Member
    Options
    The best part in this cluster is that I got my "rewards" and they weren't worth the time I put into playing. Probably dropping the game soon.
  • Options
    Hail to a King

:)
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Agreed, it was so much fun!

Special thanks to @warmonkey1024 for putting up a good fight and I hope you enjoy your 7* shoretrooper. Personally, it gives me far too much satisfaction knowing that we forced a grown man to stay up for 10 straight hours mashing the refresh button in order to take rank 1. I commend your dedication and decision to not completely whale it out when not needed.

And guildies, we couldn't have executed it any better. Maximum benefit with minimal investment...a true testament to how this tournament was inherently flawed.

**** this reaks of jealously on your own self motivational thread-

It's clear who the best was - you proved it right here, and you exposed your own inner anguish of not being satisfied from your inability to take 1st on a MC planned server.

I was wrong before; you guys didnt even control ONE "sever"...

@benacrow @LordAlvert
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »

Special thanks to @warmonkey1024 for putting up a good fight and I hope you enjoy your 7* shoretrooper. Personally, it gives me far too much satisfaction knowing that we forced a grown man to stay up for 10 straight hours mashing the refresh button in order to take rank 1. I commend your dedication and decision to not completely whale it out when not needed.

And guildies, we couldn't have executed it any better. Maximum benefit with minimal investment...a true testament to how this tournament was inherently flawed.

It's clear who the best was - you proved it right here, and you exposed your own inner anguish of not being satisfied from your inability to take 1st on a MC planned server.

@benacrow @LordAlvert

Idk I'd say they controlled one your members pretty well :smile: Being forced to drop an inordinate amount of money and sacrificing your sleep for a flawed tournament equates to being controlled. Not sure how you'd think they're jealous of this accomplishment
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

@benacrow @LordAlvert

No we didn't take 1, because we knew we'd lose when it came to who had the fatter wallets, but we sure as hell controlled the server.

Control isn't one dedicated individual sitting on a leaderboard. Control is deciding who enters the top 25, and who gets what place in the top 3-10, all without spending money. It just shows how poorly designed this tournament was. It honestly should've been ranked by individual point totals, not placing in a server.

Think of it this way: remember when you guys started guild hopping and everyone was yelling because secretly they were mad that they hadn't thought of it first? Well it's the same thing now, but the shoe's on the other foot ;)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

[img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

How recently did you get to level 80 and what's your arena power level?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    @tRRRey I am a fairly new lvl 80 - the power level was between 29-32K (I am at the lower end of it)
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

@benacrow @LordAlvert

No we didn't take 1, because we knew we'd lose when it came to who had the fatter wallets, but we sure as hell controlled the server.

Control isn't one dedicated individual sitting on a leaderboard. Control is deciding who enters the top 25, and who gets what place in the top 3-10, all without spending money. It just shows how poorly designed this tournament was. It honestly should've been ranked by individual point totals, not placing in a server.

Think of it this way: remember when you guys started guild hopping and everyone was yelling because secretly they were mad that they hadn't thought of it first? Well it's the same thing now, but the shoe's on the other foot ;)

Same shoes.. We controlled several boards, placing many TI members in 1st place- with a wallet and without. That's how you know when all the most dedicated and competitive players are in one guild.

The cry for public recognition was laughable when you didn't even walk away with 1st place. I'm sure @LordAlvert needed his feel good for the day.

Your overall soreness masked by smile is being laughed and rang through the guild halls of TI, my little cheerleader @LordAlvert.

Once again, the Jester's Cap award goes to you. I'm sure we can find some ribbon and make sure you get an honorary kid's "winner" badge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    tiS wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Yes. It's not good. The event itself is great. But the crystal refresh is gay.

sir, it's 2016. I'm sure you can find another word in lieu of "gay" to describe your displeasure.

Ball_Writte talks a lot of smack for someone who only has 3 toons 7*. That's right a whopping 3 toons. I checked his roster. Old Daka, Leia and Lumi is his only 7* toons.

Anyways ignore him. He is ignorant. Ignorant people are only relevant when people make them so. Ignore them and they will remain ignorant as well as irrelevant.

Lol satire? Only having a few 7*s in this game suddenly makes you ignorant?
    RigelHaste wrote: »
    Do you not think there are members of the LGBTQ community grew up with Star Wars? Do you not think they might also be gamers?

Let's say I'm gay. Am I not welcome here? How should I react when an ignoramus uses the term gay to mean something that isn't right? Let's not kid, that's exactly what was meant. Should I just put up with it? Does my pointing out that it really isn't appreciated make you uncomfortable because you found it funny?

There are plenty of ways to express yourself in a public forum without resorting to loaded words.

Wow get off your soap box. Youre choosing to be triggered by the use of the word gay. You know he wasnt trying to say anything at all about gay people, and just using a word that means more than one thing. Its not up to us to censor ourselves because you want to misread things.

This was not a tournament friend! I have competed in tournaments and this was no where close to being a tournament haha

Lol. I get called out when I'm negative. I get called out when I'm positive.

I love the forums. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

This makes me even more dissapointed. The rewards should be normalized. If you scored enough to place first on any server you should get a 7 star shoretrooper...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

@benacrow @LordAlvert

Same shoes.. We controlled several boards, placing many TI members in 1st place- with a wallet and without. That's how you know when all the most dedicated and competitive players are in one guild.

The cry for public recognition was laughable when you didn't even walk away with 1st place. I'm sure @LordAlvert needed his feel good for the day.

Your overall soreness masked by smile is being laughed and rang through the guild halls of TI, my little cheerleader @LordAlvert.

Once again, the Jester's Cap award goes to you. I'm sure we can find some ribbon and make sure you get an honorary kid's "winner" badge.

No way I get a medal along with my 5* shoretrooper?? That's awesome!!

Also it hasn't been mentioned yet, but there were 3 other TIs on our server with WM, but we forgot about them because they fell so far down the totem pole. We could've attempted to place on several different servers like you guys, but at least we're not a guild who discards weaker members and leave them behind.

P.S. If you really want to make it personal, I can mention how I have a 5* shoretrooper again.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Apollo00063
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

This makes me even more dissapointed. The rewards should be normalized. If you scored enough to place first on any server you should get a 7 star shoretrooper...

How would placing newer players against older players make anything fair or fun for everyone? The thousand or so players within my tournament wouldn't stand a chance against folks that have been playing for a considerable amount of time. There are a ton of players in my Guild that would serve me on a silver platter without breaking out even medium powered toons in their roster. Only rewarding older players will not grow the community or encourage newer players to stick around.

Just saying.....

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

How would placing newer placers against older players make anything fair or fun for everyone? The thousand or so players within my tournament wouldn't stand a chance against folks that have been playing for a considerable amount of time. There are a ton of players in my Guild that would serve me on a silver platter without breaking out even medium powered toons in their roster. Only rewarding older players will not grow the community or encourage newer players to stick around.

Just saying.....

Are you saying you were placed on this shard based on the strength of your roster? I thought the sorting was done based on time you entered the tournament. The top bracket was level 80 with 15 or more gear six characters. There were other brackets for those under that. Also, I am not saying you shouldn't get yours, I am saying that everyone that scored over 3569 in the level 80 bracket (assuming you were in the the lowest scoring level 80 bracket) should get a 7 star shoretrooper too.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    It was meh at best

But they get points for trying
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

How would placing newer players against older players make anything fair or fun for everyone? The thousand or so players within my tournament wouldn't stand a chance against folks that have been playing for a considerable amount of time. There are a ton of players in my Guild that would serve me on a silver platter without breaking out even medium powered toons in their roster. Only rewarding older players will not grow the community or encourage newer players to stick around.

Just saying.....

I also think it's a good thing. It makes no sence to have players with 32k arena power compete with players with 45k arena power. That's like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

Just saying.....

I also think it's a good thing. It makes no sence to have players with 32k arena power compete with players with 45k arena power. That's like shooting fish in a barrel.

those were the first 5 fights during this tourney used middle of the pack toons like droids to beat those last meta teams
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I am more than happy to shoot fish in a barrel especially if it means rewards!
  • Options
    [img][/img]Xrz0mXe.jpg
    52acwCV.png
    [img][/img]DiLOzeH.png

How would placing newer placers against older players make anything fair or fun for everyone? The thousand or so players within my tournament wouldn't stand a chance against folks that have been playing for a considerable amount of time. There are a ton of players in my Guild that would serve me on a silver platter without breaking out even medium powered toons in their roster. Only rewarding older players will not grow the community or encourage newer players to stick around.

Just saying.....

Are you saying you were placed on this shard based on the strength of your roster? I thought the sorting was done based on time you entered the tournament. The top bracket was level 80 with 15 or more gear six characters. There were other brackets for those under that. Also, I am not saying you shouldn't get yours, I am saying that everyone that scored over 3569 in the level 80 bracket (assuming you were in the the lowest scoring level 80 bracket) should get a 7 star shoretrooper too.

You were placed in a tournament based off of two things, your level and power. They broke it out into different tournament brackets to try and evenly match players as best as they could. If you have more power than I do (as well as more toons), you should have easily scored what I did plus a whole lot more.

If they completely normalized the prizes, then you would have had to score an insane amount of points just to receive anything. I have seen some crazy high point totals....imagine if the highest set the bar. If that happened, folks probably wouldn't even bother playing halfway through the tournament and probably wouldn't even try moving forward.

You're probably in a completely different power bracket than the folks in my bracket....so you have to battle it out with stronger teams for the prize. You have to think about how many arena shards there are out there. It isn't like all of these guys will be unleashed on the same shard.