Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Really depends on your level. From like 65-80, it is living hell. You can't expand roster depth, and there is a massive gap between arena team and rest. But once you start building depth, it becomes so much easier. I just use a Boba lead, 2 DPS, and 2 others for TM from nodes 1-5. Put Lumi at lead for heals on node 6, and keep her until 11, where I go squad arena. Sure, I do get some insane crazy whale teams, and no easy node 12s, but if you have over 5 arena-ready toons, the last 2 aren't so bad. Tbh though, I have faced Eeth Koth in almost every node 11 or 12 for like a month now
  • Options
    My GW just got easier with this update. I barely ever lose RG on my ewok team
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I have struggled with some difficult nodes, but only once did I ever not beat GW (before I knew what I was doing).
    Usually it takes me about 15-20 minutes a day, unless there is a particularly nasty node.

I make it a rule that if I get any character knocked out, I retreat and enter until I can beat it without losing anyone.
    If it's some nasty combination of Rey, QGJ, and STH, or something else equally annoying, I will send in a suicide squad before sending in my actual team.

Otherwise, I keep my same rebels from 1-12.

If they are losing a bit of health, I swap Wedge as leader instead of Lando. If they are losing a lot of health, I'll throw Luminara in place of Leia for one node. My STHan usually doesn't lose his protection until around node 10 or 11.
    For the record, I am lvl 73 and have been playing since July.
    Here's my roster for reference: https://swgoh.gg/u/carbonari/
  • Options
    I use an Empire team because that's most fun. Palp, Vader, Tarkin, RG, and IG-88 (honorary Imperial). I finish in about 15 minutes because all those toons are G10.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I use an Empire team because that's most fun. Palp, Vader, Tarkin, RG, and IG-88 (honorary Imperial). I finish in about 15 minutes because all those toons are G10.

The tm gains!
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I consider myself fortunate. I can complete the GW on all 4 of my accounts (3 main one newbie). But that doesn't mean all are so lucky. I did have to cave in and flush out several teams. And I learned to keep my Arena team at 32k (if that even matters anymore).

What I suggest fWIW, is as follows.

Node 1: Put your best, lowest team that is on level or slightly above in place to fight.

Node 2: Rinse and repeat.

Node 3: If you are confident you can beat 3 easily, continue. IF NOT, put in your next highest team. After beating it. Put that team back in the stable. Grab the team you used for 1/2.

Node 4: Put your best, lowest team that is on level or slightly above in place to fight.

Node 5: Put your best, lowest team that is on level or slightly above in place to fight.

Node 6: If you are confident you can beat 6 easily, continue. IF NOT, put in your next highest team. After beating it. Put that team back in the stable. Grab the team you used for 1/2.

Now, once you get to node 9, put in your A Team. After beating, go back to team 1 or 2, whatever works, for node 10. Node 11, be ready to sacrifice a team to beat them down, concentrate on knocking off all their protection first. I recommend Darth Vader, and Old Ben, and Capt Phasma for their AOE's and Debuffs. Fill in last 2 slots with strong, but expendable heroes. IF DV, Old Ben, and Capt P. are your best, try to figure out what to use. Be ready to lose them. Then upon success go on to 12. It's usually not as bad as 11, but cab be worse.

Suggested heroes to have and level:

RG, Rey, Leia, 5's, Luminari, or Barriss (she is the best choice if you can get her levelled etc)

Hope this helps!

Tip: If you do not use RETREAT. Start. It's there for a reason, and can save you a lot of raging.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Really. Droid squad lessens the difficulty of GW exponentially.

Droids are the best GW cheat code in this game. This past Tuesday I did my 24 nodes in ~30m.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    effdash wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »
    Really. Droid squad lessens the difficulty of GW exponentially.

Droids are the best GW cheat code in this game. This past Tuesday I did my 24 nodes in ~30m.

^^ This

My 1 - 9 team is: L - Luminari 80 - 7* Full Omega, HK 5* 70, 88 70 - 7*, 86 72 - 7*, Poggle 70 - 7*.

With Poggles buff, 88 and his assist shot, is usually a quick kill for me.

• Options
    Good news OP if you think the rewards are useless you don't have to do GW, That way you don't use 3 - 6 hours of your time and you don't get useless reward that are useless. You saved 6 hours!

For me I cannot wait to do GW each day. I try out new teams and see what happens as I finish in 20 mins.
  • Options
    Wicket wrote: »
    Good news OP if you think the rewards are useless you don't have to do GW, That way you don't use 3 - 6 hours of your time and you don't get useless reward that are useless. You saved 6 hours!

For me I cannot wait to do GW each day. I try out new teams and see what happens as I finish in 20 mins.

Burnout comes for us all. The GW "Updates" made a very sporadic game and basically no 2 players will have exactly the same results.

Now, that said, the days of an IRON MAN run of one team for 1 to 12, are somewhat gone. And as much as I hate to agree with JS, we did need to flesh out more teams. When I played HoDA, I needed maybe 2 teams out of over 400 heroes. That was annoying. So love it, or loathe it, SWGOH is working to provide a wide use of all our heroes. This is in theory at least a good thing. PR/Packaging of this idea was p... poor but such is life.
  • Options
    You jackholes must have toughened the GW.. What the hell man?! I was actually on good pace for the achievement.. Now I'm facing facking JKA lead with Rey and StHan... I didn't even know power lvls go to facking 9,000!

Why am I getting flashbacks of Vegeta screaming?

But seriously though CG/EA.. Stop it.. No! That's a BAD gaming company.. BAD!..

All I'm saying is I shouldn't be facing opponents any higher than the 34k that my pathetic f2p team can do..
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Also make sure you're not leveling heroes half way and not using them, a roster full of 'unfinished' heroes can make it more difficult on you as well.

That is to say, I have some level 1-3 heroes I haven't leveled (and might not) that I use to sacrifice on harder nodes, put them in front of the enemy team so they blow their abilities on heroes you don't use traditionally. But, I DON'T want to have a bunch of 50s and 60s geared that i'm not using anywhere in GW, because their weight is figured into my matchmaking.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I was doing my Dailey GW and it switched out my magnaguard to poggle. Then three nodes later I kept the same team but the characters were out of order I had in them. OTopzWh.png
    Only benefit.
  • Options
    I have 42.5k power and my node 6 is now as tough as anything I've ever faced at nodes 9 or 11. And I can't get past node 9 with any decent characters left, meaning I'm stalling out on Node 10 now. I imagine it will get worse when the whales start showing up with their 48-50k teams that show up in GW on node 6 or 9.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Also make sure you're not leveling heroes half way and not using them, a roster full of 'unfinished' heroes can make it more difficult on you as well.

Is that still valid? I remember hearing that a while back, then heard highest power team in arena, then heard highest power team of best heroes in roster, I dont' think any of us know what the real formula is.

• Options
    I've had it do that in arena. For some reason it swapped out the toon that was killed in my previous attack and put the next highest power rated toon in its place. So Raid Han got killed and it put RG in his place. I managed to still win but panic mode was setting in quick. It's been doing this sparatically for about two weeks now.

Always make sure you double check your squad before entering the battle!
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of the toons in GW rewards being updated at all? I know they keep adding characters but it's always either to cantina modes or arena rewards
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    yes like i told you guys, gw is harder. with a hard node 11 again and teams 7 and 10 being more tanky, i no longer can use a single team.
  • Options
    Get yourself a decent bench. All in the topic.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options

Is that still valid? I remember hearing that a while back, then heard highest power team in arena, then heard highest power team of best heroes in roster, I dont' think any of us know what the real formula is.

Neither has been officially confirmed. For my experience, it's full-roster, because my GW grew more difficult as I've been leveling heroes I'm not using in Arena. Wasn't related to my team power or rank in Arena.

EDIT: Which makes sense of the goal is a challenge of attrition that should require you using your whole roster... right? :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Whats up with my allies not being available to use?
    Daveofett Quantum's Web

Www. Conventionsetc.info

Facebook.com/Daveofett
  • Options

Neither has been officially confirmed. For my experience, it's full-roster, because my GW grew more difficult as I've been leveling heroes I'm not using in Arena. Wasn't related to my team power or rank in Arena.

EDIT: Which makes sense of the goal is a challenge of attrition that should require you using your whole roster... right? :)

Today I ended up going as low as my 5* lvl 53 Fac on node 11. I went through 5 teams on that node, but managed to pull off the win and was rewarded with Stu for 12.
  • Options
    Maybe you don't have friends
  • Options
    One word to solve all your gw problems: wiggs
  • Options
    ocxjacobb wrote: »
    One word to solve all your gw problems: wiggs

Using the same team over and over. Sounds fun :/
  • Options
    I have every single character 7* from GW. Piling up the currency now...
  • Options
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    Maybe you don't have friends

But i do have...YOU!

Lmao...
    Daveofett Quantum's Web

Www. Conventionsetc.info

Facebook.com/Daveofett
  • Options
    I second that. I can't borrow anyone from my ally list either. It only shows random players that AREN'T in my ally list. Please fix.
  • Options
    I added two gear slots to one of my arena team members (only made about 200 difference), and today, I was back to easy node 12. Weird...