The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    But the event lasts 10 days. so refresh is going to happend. 29 shards for 10 days= 290shards, and you got him 3*, so u need 280Shards. he is free at 7* :smile:
  • Options
    I love the saltiness of Apple users about this. I am an apple user and although it would be great to be able to do the event I also understand that it probably had more to do with Google than CG themselves. Enjoy all you lucky android users
  • Options
    In case you have not heard the latest they pulled 2 of the packs out with no notice. They are no longer giving away much of what they were before. I unfortunately had not claimed it on one of my alts, and was saving my sons for the morning.

• Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    There will be (most likely) no iOS event this year.

The timeline for December/January is set and already datamined.

But there will be (again) different Packs to splitt the Community ^^

iOS: Bistan + U-Wing
    Google: Scarif + U-Wing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18jdvCyBNryeqg2K2DlhvlL3mmX-QWKPI6TQFivAe6mk/edit

'Let the hate flow through you'

xD

Isnt android beginning to have enough scarif pathfinder shards to seven star him then? lol
  • Options

Don't care about the character shards. Android get exclusive content, free crystals, free credits. That's not a head start, that's an unfair advantage.

Edit: free omegas as well

+100

This is out of order and it's really annoying reading smug Android players trying to act like it's not.
  • Options
    maybe they have more generous offers towards childern players
  • Options
    I understand why you guys are upset, but seriously why would you target players simply claiming their free stuff. This is something you write to Apple about.
  • Options
    It takes some seriously impressive levels of incompetence to manage to **** off your entire player base group by group in a single morning. Good job.
  • Options
    I agree with your post OP. Most games released get an exclusive toon, multiplayer map, in game unlock, etc, based on your device or console. This is nothing new. I'm an Apple user, and I'm reserving my disappointment until I have a reason to see otherwise. It's possible that Apple users will get Cassian, and after the movie is released, EA will make both toons available to farm so all players can get both characters. Everyone needs to calm down, take a breather, and see if the anger is really warranted. However, if in two weeks time there hasn't been an event for Apple owners, carry on with the torches and pitchforks.
  • Options
    every free to play player should be glad they can farm clone toons now and sun fac thank you ea
  • Options
    Google needs to pay for players? What does this say about android?
  • Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    maybe they have more generous offers towards childern players

Looks like you are the one who knows?
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    I'm sure EA reached out to Apple to get them to part with some of their money, but they refused. Go write to Apple
  • Options
    I agree with your post OP. Most games released get an exclusive toon, multiplayer map, in game unlock, etc, based on your device or console. This is nothing new. I'm an Apple user, and I'm reserving my disappointment until I have a reason to see otherwise. It's possible that Apple users will get Cassian, and after the movie is released, EA will make both toons available to farm so all players can get both characters. Everyone needs to calm down, take a breather, and see if the anger is really warranted. However, if in two weeks time there hasn't been an event for Apple owners, carry on with the torches and pitchforks.

Or the devs could just give some information.
  • Options
    Source please?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I'm sure EA reached out to Apple to get them to part with some of their money, but they refused. Go write to Apple
    Another smug Android player. Why don't you show some solidarity for your fellow gamers and admit that this is unfair and down to CG / EA to sort out if the game is going to continue.
  • Options
    i guess everyones cryin rollin around on the floor like one the show will go on
  • Options
    Source please?

Don't have a source. It's just a logical conclusion from a business standpoint. If Google hands me money for a promotion I'm gonna go to Apple and use that leverage to double my money
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Or the devs could just give some information.

I agree, but when have the devs ever given information due to community outrage? It took weeks for them to acknowledge that there was a problem with the new raid, and even now, there hasn't been a fix or a proposed fix almost a month later. It's something we've come to expect; do I like it? No, but I enjoy the game enough that I accept it and deal with it that things will be fixed in due time. If not, I'll take my business elsewhere.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of Android users trying to defend this absurd situation where they get free stuff and IOS players don't.

Don't you realise that we're all playing the same game, if you get an unfair advantage, that sucks for everyone. Show some basic empathy and admit that this is a bad move by the game developers.

We should all be helping CG / EA to get it right and calling them out when they get it wrong. Not jumping on our free goodies and trying to attack people who didn't get them.
  • Options
    Why is it Apples job to pay EA to give half its players base free stuff? And how would that be good for the game?
  • Options
    5 bucks they balance it out by giving ios specific event.
    Just wait, CG doesn't give out full characters for free unless they are angling for a bigger catch.
  • Options
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys.

+1
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company

Exactly

You've all completely missed the point because you're blinded by a juvenile love of a phone operating system.

It's not about what phone you use, it's about treating all of your customers with respect, and a big part of respect is basic fairness. And this isn't fair, and it can't be made right with an iOS event with a different hero. Everyone who plays the game should have the same opportunities to compete and to experience the game's content.

I'm sure if you owned a business you would have accepted Google's money as well.

And it's not a juvenile love for a phone operating system. Android simply has way more features than ios. If ios surpasses Android I would gladly jump ship. But I'm not going to pay more money for a phone that has less features and accessories that only Apple sells that are way overpriced
  • Options
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Darax_ren wrote: »

Don't care about the character shards. Android get exclusive content, free crystals, free credits. That's not a head start, that's an unfair advantage.

Edit: free omegas as well

+100

This is out of order and it's really annoying reading smug Android players trying to act like it's not.

There have been a few Android users that can see the bigger picture, but honestly most of the Android users in these threads have been little more than sad trolls.

Yup.
  • Options
    I am going to guess that iOS users are going to get a free boba fett pack, and the next character they release like that as well. So these two packs will be given too us eventually, we just have to wait.
  • Options
    Why is it Apples job to pay EA to give half its players base free stuff? And how would that be good for the game?
    No, it's EA's job to not divide it's player base by giving half of them a big advantage over the others.

If a company was offered $$$$ to give only it's male customers a freebie, or only it's blue eyed customers, then any half decent company would refuse because of the long term damage to their customer base.
  • Options
    Because some people are as bad as the people they are upset with.
    Every story needs a villain. Sometimes, more.

:relaxed:
  • Options
    i think it is really bad, that EA is doing different think for android and ios... ist one game.. do the same for everyone...your company is big enough, dont make it different if you play it on different devices
  • Options
    5 bucks they balance it out by giving ios specific event.
    Just wait, CG doesn't give out full characters for free unless they are angling for a bigger catch.

You might be right. But they should at least tell people. "Today we launch an android exclusive event... but the iOS one have been delayed. We apologize for that but please be patient..." instead of BAM! "Here are the news about this update... (let's not say anything about the android exclusive event. And for the love of god, do not say anything about the upcoming iOS event in case we just don't release any)"
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    1134-1204_ike_in_front_of_house1.jpg
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
This discussion has been closed.