The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Reading a majority of the comments on these threads is like reading comments from a bunch of kids bickering that one kid got more candy than the other. I'm an Apple user and I'm not THAT upset to be going off on anyone, or targeting players for using what was rightfully given to them. Every company (whether it's Xbox/PS, Sony/Samsung, Google/iOS) does exclusives so this isn't like it's targeting one crowd over the other. It's called business. GROW UP!

On the plus side, I'm freakin' stoked that the EP event is coming back!
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    Why is it Apples job to pay EA to give half its players base free stuff? And how would that be good for the game?
    No, it's EA's job to not divide it's player base by giving half of them a big advantage over the others.

If a company was offered $$$$ to give only it's male customers a freebie, or only it's blue eyed customers, then any half decent company would refuse because of the long term damage to their customer base.

That would be discrimination which is completely different. Your argument is invalid
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Why is it Apples job to pay EA to give half its players base free stuff? And how would that be good for the game?
    No, it's EA's job to not divide it's player base by giving half of them a big advantage over the others.

If a company was offered $$$$ to give only it's male customers a freebie, or only it's blue eyed customers, then any half decent company would refuse because of the long term damage to their customer base.

That would be discrimination which is completely different. Your argument is invalid

How is this NOT discrimination? It's not like you can choose to switch devices halfway through.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Here I'll make it simple for you because apparently you're incapable of thinking.

Google paid for this promotion. Apple does not care about its users. Good day

That's weird. I'm also using Google Chrome on my iPad, so I also participate in the gain of Google by seeing the stupids ads and everytime I click on a link, so it means that there are some good Google users and some bad Google users ??? Your thoughts are low level ...
  • Options

It's not. But Google has the right to offer a promotion. EA has the right to accept the money for that promotion. If Apple doesn't offer anything then ios gets nothing. It's that simple
  • Options
    Just had my past 3 months purchases refunded which tally quite a lot IOS users I recommend you do the same :) you don't hurt a business by complaining and doing nothing you hurt a business by hitting them in their coffers.
  • Options

How is it not discriminating against IOS customers, when we have no way of getting the free product? It's a perfectly valid argument.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    iOS user. Don't bloody care. Nothing to get my knickers in a twist about. Seriously, relax people. It's not Armageddon or the Apocolypse. It's a digital character in a game. A game of fantasy, fun and make believe. Wow. Just wow
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Options
    I understand why you guys are upset, but seriously why would you target players simply claiming their free stuff. This is something you write to Apple about.

I would sooner lobby Oprah. She listens and helps people and is the only thing besides a Clinton with enough power to match Googles price.
  • Options
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys.

+1
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company

Exactly

You've all completely missed the point because you're blinded by a juvenile love of a phone operating system.

It's not about what phone you use, it's about treating all of your customers with respect, and a big part of respect is basic fairness. And this isn't fair, and it can't be made right with an iOS event with a different hero. Everyone who plays the game should have the same opportunities to compete and to experience the game's content.

I'm sure if you owned a business you would have accepted Google's money as well.

And it's not a juvenile love for a phone operating system. Android simply has way more features than ios. If ios surpasses Android I would gladly jump ship. But I'm not going to pay more money for a phone that has less features and accessories that only Apple sells that are way overpriced

The idea here is not which phone is better! The idea here is to be fair to all player base regardless of their platfrom, I've never played a game which favors one platform over the other (regardless of it is IOS or Android) if Android or IOS are paying to provide something special to their users, let them, but EA should consider such offers before favoring one platform over the other, just wish they would be fair to both platforms.
  • Options

It's not. But Google has the right to offer a promotion. EA has the right to accept the money for that promotion. If Apple doesn't offer anything then ios gets nothing. It's that simple

At least somebody gets it ^
  • Options
    So Android gets 1000 crystals, Omegas and a 7* character that looks OP? Is that it? Not enough...when they nerf the aat raid they should only nerf it for Android. Needs to stay the same for IOS!
  • Options

How is this NOT discrimination? It's not like you can choose to switch devices halfway through.

You obviously don't know what discrimination is. Google paid for Android users to recieve this promotion and all Android users recieved that promotion. If someone was left out of that promotion because of their race, religion, country of origin, etc, that would be discrimination
  • Options
    Developers have already stated that they aren't allowed to comment on it. Seems an intelligent decision to alienate iOS users, I'm not sure how much Google would pay for such an event but I'm assuming it's less than iOS users will now not spend. These games are such an ugly business.
  • Options
    VinnyG wrote: »
    iOS user. Don't bloody care.

Says it all. If this was you, I can guarantee you'd be in exactly the same frame of mind as I am.
  • Options
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys.

+1

Exactly

You've all completely missed the point because you're blinded by a juvenile love of a phone operating system.

It's not about what phone you use, it's about treating all of your customers with respect, and a big part of respect is basic fairness. And this isn't fair, and it can't be made right with an iOS event with a different hero. Everyone who plays the game should have the same opportunities to compete and to experience the game's content.

I'm sure if you owned a business you would have accepted Google's money as well.

And it's not a juvenile love for a phone operating system. Android simply has way more features than ios. If ios surpasses Android I would gladly jump ship. But I'm not going to pay more money for a phone that has less features and accessories that only Apple sells that are way overpriced

Not if it **** off half my customer base I wouldn't.

And Android v iOS is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. You've made your OS choice. Great. I've made mine. Great. I don't feel the need to justify it because I'm happy and it's a personal decision. I don't know why you and other Android fans feel the need to justify it all the time. I don't care what OS you use. I care that you're getting an advantage I'm not.

Ok
  • Options
    If that's the case, they should say so. Until then, Android users should be just as vocal on these forums as IOS users about how bad this is for the game.
  • Options
    The free stuff got cut by 2/3rds with no explanation so don't feel too bad.

Maybe all the complaints had an effect on what us Android users got.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's called advertising. Google didn't pay them directly to release anything specific. It's an advertising campaign by Google.
  • Options
    Why give iOS users anything? They already have more money and better lifestyles
  • Options
    Taking names hey?
    Lol
    You sound like a victim of domestic violence that blames the stress at work for getting a beatin'.
    Direct your bitterness towards Apple or Ea..
  • Options

You obviously don't know what discrimination is. Google paid for Android users to recieve this promotion and all Android users recieved that promotion. If someone was left out of that promotion because of their race, religion, country of origin, etc, that would be discrimination

Discriminate: "to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality"

Doesn't say anything about race, etc. per se. In the context of freemium games, your device/platform defines your group.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's called advertising. Google didn't pay them directly to release anything specific. It's an advertising campaign by Google.
    Your logic is all out to sea on this. Sadly it's because you're an Android player and are trying to defend having free stuff, rather than engage in an honest conversation. Engage your brain a bit more or just admit you like your free stuf and don't want others to have it.

• Options
    Lol you want to see an effect... Wait till the refunds from iOS start flooding in, they have already started an it's never been more easier to get one since the change to their terms and conditions
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Just had my past 3 months purchases refunded which tally quite a lot IOS users I recommend you do the same :) you don't hurt a business by complaining and doing nothing you hurt a business by hitting them in their coffers.
    How did u do this?
  • Options
    This is Master Obi Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both our IOS Jedi Order and the iPhone, have fallen with a dark shadow of the EA rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving IOS Jedi. Trust in The Force. Do not do any in-app purchase…that time has past. And our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you, always.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Discriminate: "to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality"

Doesn't say anything about race, etc. per se. In the context of freemium games, your device/platform defines your group.

You choose what device you want to support/use

You don't choose your race, country of origin, etc.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I completely get why companies accept promotions. I don't like it, but maybe they are neccessary. Player feedback on such events like the spring event on android and the ewok event was clear, CG sees it otherwise.

But just doing an event in the 10 day countdown to the movie that everybody is excited about on one platform just plainly stinks.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 no offence but i think it is you that needs to learn the meaning of discrimination...you mention race,religon etc those big groups only come to mind because thats what you hear about in the media.
  • Options
    To make it up to IOS, the Palpatine event from 23rd Dec should be IOS exclusive. After 6 months have passed, Android can get in too! That would be fair!
This discussion has been closed.