Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Options
    We had a couple Solo Rancor today and "m" got #1 while "i" got #2. So not sure it's alphabetical. But I don't know what determines either, it would be good to know.

It's the player ID not the player name
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    We had a couple Solo Rancor today and "m" got #1 while "i" got #2. So not sure it's alphabetical. But I don't know what determines either, it would be good to know.

I think if you make this statement 10 more times some may finally read and get that it is player id not player name.
  • osamamatix
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    yeah would be nice cause im 34rd in line in my guild for ids :)

should def be who gets in first or atleast random so you arent constantly screwed purely because you have a high number id (or low whichever way it works), thats stupid (ok this is weird, sometimes it censors "stu pid" sometimes it doesnt when im viewing this one post! stu pid isnt even a swear!!)
    or id prefer having "=" as in if top 3 are equal they all get 1st prize and next best gets 4th prize rather than the top 3 being equal yet despite this they get 1st 2nd and 3rd prize instead based purely on their id so the one with the highest (or lowest whichever way it works) id gets shafted every time
    Post edited by osamamatix on
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maybe I can use this to my advantage... Any new guild member must have lower player ID the me... >:)
  • Options
    DarthScott wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »
    When guild hopping, doing this or that with things, etc are the norm, it should be expected to have to deal with things when you advance in the game faster than intended.

Go back to your cave ;)

Point was valid, despite your winky reply. When corporate guilds, like yours, push the envelope to completely max out everything as fast as possible, it is illogical to then complain about the game not progressing fast enough to compensate for this. I don't believe the devs planned on an entire guild maxxing a raid.

I disagree. Jyn, Bistan, and zeta Vader are all recent additions to the game. All of them provide excellent tm reduction. CG had to have known the impact these chars would have on the ability to solo the rancor raid. You hardly have to push the envelope to solo rancor at this point, the power creep on the characters has made it pretty easy.

But this would require them to think about the consequences of the toons they release :lol:

However, this is an annoying issue, because it marginalizes the time and effort members put into the raid.

For example, say Scrubasaurus Billy just cleared the pit for the first time spending a couple hours. Yay lil Billy! But then 3 of his guildies auto it to get it over with and come out higher. Billy spent much more time and effort for the same end result as his guildies (soloing the rancor), yet even though he put in more time for the same result, they were rewarded better.

FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I agree that members that post the same score should gets the same rewards. Rewarding them all 1st place rewards though would break the game. If say 20 people tied for first take the rewards for first through 20th divide them by 20 and reward everyone the same. It wouldn't be 1st place rewards but everyone scoring the same would be rewarded the same.They already take an hour to 'finalize' the results
  • Options
    we say that once you have raid han at 7* we score 0 to allow others the most shards/better prizes. I always come third from last when about 35 people score 0. normally pretty annoying. that said scored a full scanner last time. you get far less raid shop tokens and credits in the 40-50 range than 10-20 tho. would be fairer if rng imho.
  • Options
    +1 this request.
    I think everyone above x amount of damage should get the same reward box regardless of ranking, so members of a guild wont need to compete with each other for better prizes! But still everyone would benefit if they contribute more

For example
    <100k dmg - blue box
    100k-500k dmg - moderate chance purple box
    500k-1.5M dmg - good chance purple box
    1.5M+ dmg - great chance box, 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~300k more dmg
    3M+ dmg - best chance (red + golden box) 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~500k more dmg
    6M+ dmg - 2x best chance with different amounts of credits or + golden boxes with every ~1M more dmg
  • Options
    Tie breaker should be lifetime raid ticket contribution
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

and then the next tie breaker?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Donations ?
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    nevermind
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    I think they should not change this. There will always be a first and a last with same scores. So there will always be someone unhappy whatever changes they make
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think they should not change this. There will always be a first and a last with same scores. So there will always be someone unhappy whatever changes they make

Adjusting the ranking to the same system in guild activities is far too all. Ties get same rank and next in line starts the numbering where they placed.

The current system is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with in game mechanics.... it has nothing to do with first or last. Even the tournament mechanic of whoever got there first would be better
  • Options

really? you must have a lucky id.. but what if you were the one condemned to get rank48 no matter how much dmg you do?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Adjusting the ranking to the same system in guild activities is far too all. Ties get same rank and next in line starts the numbering where they placed.
    that would only solve the problem of the players soloing the whole raid. I think it would be fair to get the same reward for a damage of 3.154.560 and 3.154.450
    With the solution i suggested a few comments before, the rank would became irrelevant, and the in guild competition would finally be eliminated.
    And maybe they could create a leaderboard between guilds, and rank guilds based on the total damage dealt by all members :smiley:

• Options

Except what's not fair is that it's always the same people who will be first and always the same people who will be last. My player ID starts with "****" which means I'm always stuck being near the bottom of any tie. I'm nowhere close to able to solo the raid, but when I'm one of about 20 who post 0 damage while another 5-10 don't even get on the leader board, it's really annoying to to still almost always end up in the 40's. Hell, right now out of 31 in my guild who have already posted their 0 damage for tomorrow's raid, I'm #29. If it were randomized and I was occasionally that low and occasionally closer to the top among all who posted 0 damage I'd have no problem, but it's starting to get really annoying that it's ALWAYS the same order for those ties because it really becomes unfair to those who have to always be at the bottom.

I'm guessing the easiest ways to make it at least fair enough are to either do the same as the guild activities for ties, or randomize it. For 0 damage you could also make it the order in which the 0 damage gets posted (and that may be most fair for 0 damage specifically). I could see that not working for more than 0 damage (especially soloing) due to preloading, though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Donations ?

Why didn't someone say this before! Guild Donations should be the first tiebreaker, make it so giving to the guild lets you get more in return. That would actually make sense. But like, I'd be ok with just random or time of finish. Not that I can solo the rancor, (or anyone in my guild really, still takes us roughly 1-2 hours to finish depending on the day) but fair is better, and better means happy players and happy players means happier to spend $.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TesVevec wrote: »
    that would only solve the problem of the players soloing the whole raid. I think it would be fair to get the same reward for a damage of 3.154.560 and 3.154.450
    With the solution i suggested a few comments before, the rank would became irrelevant, and the in guild competition would finally be eliminated.
    And maybe they could create a leaderboard between guilds, and rank guilds based on the total damage dealt by all members :smiley:

But honestly, there is no other tie unless 2 people solo the raid. I see no reason to remove the competition, it is what drives people to make better teams.
  • Options
    That ranking system is boring, I always finish on the last spot if we have a zero damage raid. That sucks and isnt the best for a good team spirit. I'm used to it, but it's could be better for equalitiy and fairness.
  • Options
    I don't know why different leaderboards would have different tiebreakers...just do it like guild activities.
  • Synergy
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    +1 to donations being the tiebreaker instead of player ID
    Edit: I've never tied with anyone's score myself but it sounds like a good idea on paper.
  • Options
    Cant you just let some people solo it, and just do less damage if ya wanna give the prizes to others? Once you solo it, it can't be important to solo everytime. Just saying
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    PorMestari wrote: »
    Cant you just let some people solo it, and just do less damage if ya wanna give the prizes to others? Once you solo it, it can't be important to solo everytime. Just saying

+1

You can solo "The (heroic) Pit"? Thats amazing, but is this necessary? Raids/Guilds are team based, and every member should benefit from the rewards. Especially if there is someone who needs the Han shards. When all reached this goal, you can etablish a rotation mode. Switching the members wich are allowed to do damage. All others only register. That shoud do it for now. ^^
  • Options

I think if you make this statement 10 more times some may finally read and get that it is player id not player name.

Nah, repetitive speak falls on deaf ears. See the nerf Chaze post for example. It's like 100 pages long with a billion counters listed yet Chaze is still apparently unbeatable. Lol
  • Options

But honestly, there is no other tie unless 2 people solo the raid. I see no reason to remove the competition, it is what drives people to make better teams.

Reaching higher reward tiers would drive people make better teams i believe. With the current system, if you want better rewards, you have to take that away from your team mates.
    Someone in a weaker guild can be rank1 with 3M. In a strong guild you will not get in top5 with 3M, and you will get less rewards. How is that fair that another player with the same score is getting better prizes just because he is in a weaker guild? Why is the system punishing you for being loyal member of a strong guild?

Competition should be between guilds and not within the guild imo.

• Options

Donations ?
    [/qu
    Synergy wrote: »
    Edit: I've never tied with anyone's score myself but it sounds like a good idea on paper.

Donations should not determine anything in the game. The reward for donations is the warning of the givers heart for helping a fellow human being. I have had this feeling exactly 74 times in this game so I know what I am talking about!!
  • Options

Donations ?
    [/qu
    Synergy wrote: »

Donations should not determine anything in the game. The reward for donations is the warning of the givers heart for helping a fellow human being. I have had this feeling exactly 74 times in this game so I know what I am talking about!!

I think I'm even lower in donations ;) I'm not worthy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Reaching higher reward tiers would drive people make better teams i believe. With the current system, if you want better rewards, you have to take that away from your team mates.
    Someone in a weaker guild can be rank1 with 3M. In a strong guild you will not get in top5 with 3M, and you will get less rewards. How is that fair that another player with the same score is getting better prizes just because he is in a weaker guild? Why is the system punishing you for being loyal member of a strong guild?

Once you set a fixed goal post some will get to a tier and never strive to do better because the reward is good enough. I just think the same system for guild activities is a great system for tie breakers. The suggestion of a damage tiered system has been suggested for many events but I just don't think it's fir this game, it just doesn't seem to fit any of the mechanisms.

I don't care what others get, same argument is made in tournaments and it just doesn't bother me. You are grouped how you are grouped (in guilds it's your choice ) your not being punished for being loyal, you are not scoring as high for not farming the right toons, or more mods. Or your competitors are spending $ and that's their advantage....
  • Options

Once you set a fixed goal post some will get to a tier and never strive to do better because the reward is good enough. I just think the same system for guild activities is a great system for tie breakers. The suggestion of a damage tiered system has been suggested for many events but I just don't think it's fir this game, it just doesn't seem to fit any of the mechanisms.

I don't care what others get, same argument is made in tournaments and it just doesn't bother me. You are grouped how you are grouped (in guilds it's your choice ) your not being punished for being loyal, you are not scoring as high for not farming the right toons, or more mods. Or your competitors are spending $ and that's their advantage....

Your rank (and reward) doesnt depend on your score, it depends on other members score..
    so every time you take a better reward someone will get less, and not because their score is s***t.
    What if you farmed the right toons, and also spent some $ so you have the right toons maxed after 4 months of playing. But your guild mate who is playing for 8 months, did not spend any $ but also has the same toons at the same level, scores just a bit more (say 50k), and he is getting the red box, not you. Then where is your advantage? The advantage should be that you reached the same reward tier sooner.
    There is one thing you can do in this case to get the better reward, leave to another guild. Because if you stay you will never win it (or maybe sometimes if you had better rng)

I would not care what the others get, if it were really their choice (invest more in the raid team or not). But look at OP's screenshot. You cant say that the guy at rank4 did not farm the right toons.. And i dont know what is the next score but a rank18 reward for 9.5M dmg does not seem right for me. Just because many of your guildies can solo the whole raid and you are not yet there..