Game Update 1/17/2017 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Literally a day ago: "it's not fair that Chaze is so OP!!!!!!! There shouldn't be characters like this!"

Immediately after the update: "now that I can access these characters they better destroy everyone around me!"

No omg.
    Is more counter toons to Chaze a bad thing?
    ofc I hope they can counter them. Rebels have had there days, time for you to spend more money

never said that, didn't spend to get my toons, never even mentioned whether or not I have Chaze. stay in ya lane.
    Sorry, I just thougt you was a whale :P

• Options
    I just hope this event is also for IOS.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Finally dark side is coming back ... Glad to see Krenninc and his Deathtrooper. For sure they will have synergies and one of them would have AoE.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I just hope this event is also for IOS.
    It is.
    It was confirmed by a dev on reddit

• Options
    NICE! i can finally use my ewoks! and i guess i'll use rey as the 5th
  • Options
    Why should rebels be op ? Roughly half of My shard is empire ....
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    more dark side? darth malak and other kotor confirmed? :P can w have more droids units like Super tactical droid
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    I hope they both have aoe's...would be killer with zader lead.
  • Options
    Radonis wrote: »
    No they better be balanced around what we have as the meta. No reason to bring broken toons into the game. We dont need another Evasion meta where only Dooku or Old ben were leads for all the teams right now there is variety.

Tell that to Lando, St Han, Wiggs, Chirrut, Baze, Cassian, Jyn, K2, Bistan
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    NERF Krennic and deathtrooper !!!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    When does the Krennic event start.... i assume today?

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then
    Wootus wrote: »
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Totally agree!!

I've been reading all these positive replies and excitement about the new toons being released In an event and not a tourney. I didn't initially understand why...

Then I realized that you guys are probably assuming these "events" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or even k2so where you just have to beat a few levels and unlock a shiny new 7* toon.

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards (if lucky, enough to unlock a 3* krennic or deathtrooper) then the remaining shards will need to be acquired through "bundles" or other data packs at a premium price. Then sometime in 2-3 months (May the fourth?) released into shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards.

I'm not FTP, I'm $10.99 a month p2p and I'm not excited at all.

I'm f2p and have Jyn unlocked on the last tournament, but I still don't like tournaments. I think that release meta changer characters in a system like this can be "harmful".
  • Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    When does the Krennic event start.... i assume today?

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then
    Wootus wrote: »
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Totally agree!!

I've been reading all these positive replies and excitement about the new toons being released In an event and not a tourney. I didn't initially understand why...

Then I realized that you guys are probably assuming these "events" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or even k2so where you just have to beat a few levels and unlock a shiny new 7* toon.

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards (if lucky, enough to unlock a 3* krennic or deathtrooper) then the remaining shards will need to be acquired through "bundles" or other data packs at a premium price. Then sometime in 2-3 months (May the fourth?) released into shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards.

I'm not FTP, I'm $10.99 a month p2p and I'm not excited at all.

I'm f2p and have Jyn unlocked on the last tournament, but I still don't like tournaments. I think that release meta changer characters in a system like this can be "harmful".

Yeah, if bundles become necessary it will be the worst way to release characters indeed.
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    10 Vader shards? Are you guys missing out that I can get 10 shards in a day without even trying.
    And I am now offered to upgrade 5 lousy characters just to get 10 Vader shards in achievements? Lemme guess, it will also hand out 500 gold?

You get separatists shards too and A LOT still need those vader shards....
  • Options
    Are the gear peices and toons be avilable for credits. Or crystals. Credits would be better. Crystals are harder to get. ?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    NERF Krennic and deathtrooper !!!!

LOL.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    I hope at least one of them is a fast debuffer. Or maybe both. ^^

Krennic could have an dark version of Barris passive special.

"At the end of his Turn, he dispelles all buffs from the Enemy with the highest health."

And the Deathtrooper probaly should get synergies with the Director.

Maybe a chance to debuff with his attacks when Krennic is also in the squad.

That should do the job. :D

I think that to be similar to R1 character his ability should be "At the end of his Turn, he dispels all buffs from the EMPIRE ALLY with the highest health." :smile:
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Wait ... they make a character gain event which is not restricted by an OS?? Really?? Need to check hell, it might be frozen now.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    10 Vader shards? Are you guys missing out that I can get 10 shards in a day without even trying.
    And I am now offered to upgrade 5 lousy characters just to get 10 Vader shards in achievements? Lemme guess, it will also hand out 500 gold?

You get separatists shards too and A LOT still need those vader shards....

+1 since I've still never seen Vader shards in Ships shipment .... So my Vader is only 5*.
  • Options
    I swear to god, if you guys are releasing krennic and death tropper as a direct counter to chaze or just even more OP, the game will perish.

Disclaimer : I don't have chaze but I know what are the effects of power creep.
  • Options
    Good marketing turn would be two separate events, one for Krennic, another for DT with possibility to max one of them. Additionally we could play only one of that event and it should be up to us, which one we choose. If DT and Krennic are going to have great synergy, this should motivate us to buy another one from aurodiums, chroniums etc.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    I think that to be similar to R1 character his ability should be "At the end of his Turn, he dispels all buffs from the EMPIRE ALLY with the highest health." :smile:

"... and then deal MASSIVE damage to all enemies from Death Star!"
  • Options
    More like, no toons should be competitively useable at 3-4*
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Striker wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »

"... and then deal MASSIVE damage to all enemies from Death Star!"

but just if there is no rebel pilots - otherwise they destroy it :smile:

Edit: I think description become a little long LOL
    Edit2: Death trooper should be high DPS and no evasion - if I am not mistaken, Death trooper is the only one trooper that OHKO named character :smile:
    Edit3: it seems that I am wrong about Death Trooper - movie spoiler
    Does really Krennic kill Lyra Erso ?
  • Options
    They aren't going to introduce a widely distributed free toon that beats their highest revenue stream in arena.

People break out their credit cards because everyone else paid for Baze and he's OP. What's the point when he can be countered by a free toon everyone has.

It's like people think CG doesn't like money and is doing this for world peace and greater SW universe.
  • Options
    Everyone should have a strength and weakness, allowing for certain combinations to solve the riddle. This'll force people to require work on mulitple characters... however that doesn't sell, overly OP monsters sell to those who can afford them to rise/maintain. If this is like the K2 event (which it sounds like), don't expect anything too impressive.
  • Options
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Why cant they add some of these characters to the cantina tables or the LS / DS table? Its getting frustrating.

Squad arena is in desperate need of a new toon too.
  • Options
    Not fussed with them not being OP just want to play around with some 7* toons man. Hope they at least have interesting abilities and synergy
  • Options
    @pargame Yes. Yes, he does.
  • Options
    Why cant they add some of these characters to the cantina tables or the LS / DS table? Its getting frustrating.

Cantina table? Really? Another guy with Stockholm syndrome?
  • Options

Cantina store, sure. Cantina table? You mean, where TFP, Geo Spy, SRP, B2, etc. went? Meanwhile the Arena shipments have had nothing new since forever. As a September starter, I still have stuff to farm there, but December players must have arena credit stocked up since forever (or are buying credits). Same for Cantina shipments (not nodes).