3/21/2017 Update **MEGATHREAD**

Replies

• Options
    Wow, K-2 in galactic war store. Nothing to farm there. Move along.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    Yeah I always find it sad how Android players showed zero empathy to Apple players on this issue. But maybe I'm foolish expecting people to behave decently on the Internet.

It has absolutely nothing to do with empathy. No one said Apple users shouldn't be annoyed or po'd - just that it seems as though that frustration is pointed at the developers of this game. That's not where it should be aimed. It should be directed at Apple. The promotion was a Google promotion - not an EA/CG promotion.

If I buy a Chevy Corvette and you buy a Honda Civic, should I empathize with you when your car doesn't accelerate like mine? 15 years from now, when my car is long since stopped running and your Civic is still chugging along, should you empathize with me and feel bad because I have had to buy another car? No - you have the perks of a Honda and I have (had?) the perks of Corvette. If anything, you should contact Honda about making a car that has more horses under the hood, and I should contact Chevy about making a car that lasts longer.

HINT: It's not Android users that are the uncaring bunch - it's the company you bought your device from. Stop trying to paint it as "us vs. them" - it's about money.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    ChiNane wrote: »
    The placement of Baze is nothing but a raised middle finger towards the F2P community, including dolphins.
    Thanks a lot, CG.

Lol - many f2P have already cleared that node with 3*.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Wow, K-2 in galactic war store. Nothing to farm there. Move along.

The reality is that the whole K-2 thing has done more harm to android users. Same as always.
  • Options
    +1 but the Baze thing should've been better handled. They should've put him in a DS hard node.

Any chance you can add my ally code please mate, need help with 9A Light side thanks
    146-736356
  • Options
    I need a decent Kenobi to help me complete 9A, can someone help me out please.
    146-736-356 thanks guys
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Whales pay for exclusivity for at least the promised period, and they should get it. That pays for the free game you're playing, by the way.

How much do I need to pay to be able to play this game with a good conscience? $10? $100? $1000?

An A list game on a console goes for around $60, on a PC $40.

What is my share to "pay to keep playing the game"?

That said, if this was on a monthly subscription fee I would immediately quit; there are much more involving games around that I can get for $10-20.
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    How much do I need to pay to be able to play this game with a good conscience? $10? $100? $1000?

An A list game on a console goes for around $60, on a PC $40.

What is my share to "pay to keep playing the game"?

That said, if this was on a monthly subscription fee I would immediately quit; there are much more involving games around that I can get for $10-20.

There is the daily crystal package that lasts 21 days for $11.99. This averages about $16/month. This is the monthly subscription fee for SWGOH.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yeah I always find it sad how Android players showed zero empathy to Apple players on this issue. But maybe I'm foolish expecting people to behave decently on the Internet.

It has absolutely nothing to do with empathy. No one said Apple users shouldn't be annoyed or po'd - just that it seems as though that frustration is pointed at the developers of this game. That's not where it should be aimed. It should be directed at Apple. The promotion was a Google promotion - not an EA/CG promotion.

If I buy a Chevy Corvette and you buy a Honda Civic, should I empathize with you when your car doesn't accelerate like mine? 15 years from now, when my car is long since stopped running and your Civic is still chugging along, should you empathize with me and feel bad because I have had to buy another car? No - you have the perks of a Honda and I have (had?) the perks of Corvette. If anything, you should contact Honda about making a car that has more horses under the hood, and I should contact Chevy about making a car that lasts longer.

HINT: It's not Android users that are the uncaring bunch - it's the company you bought your device from. Stop trying to paint it as "us vs. them" - it's about money.

Your argument makes no sense.

People are not talking about how an Apple device or Android device functions.

Taking your Chevy/Honda example, it would be like going to a drive-in theater... the theater decides to contact Chevy and make a deal with them to allow all Chevy owners to get in free. Honda drivers must pay. It is not Honda's fault, it is the theater's fault for entering into this agreement. Honda drivers must not be **** at Honda, they must be **** at the theater.
  • Options
    Me when I was excited for Rogue one characters being F2P such as Jyn, K2, Cassian, Chirrut and Bistan because there really easy !! But when Baze is ONLY on 9-C hard node LS........... :[
    stone-cold-laughing.gif
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Your argument makes no sense.

People are not talking about how an Apple device or Android device functions.

Taking your Chevy/Honda example, it would be like going to a drive-in theater... the theater decides to contact Chevy and make a deal with them to allow all Chevy owners to get in free. Honda drivers must pay. It is not Honda's fault, it is the theater's fault for entering into this agreement. Honda drivers must not be **** at Honda, they must be **** at the theater.

Except it would be the other way around, Chevy being nice to their customers and using the theater as a proxy. Everybody here seems to be blaming the messenger when in reality it was Google being nice and not EA/CG discriminating. And IMO the execution (apart from the shard shop part, but whoever was dumb enough to buy it deserves the loss anyway) was OK. Definitely better than half the players getting something actually useful, such as high-end gear...
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    First thanks, good to see new toons at shipments and the cadence working out as said.

On other hand, why u devs have to be evil!?! This is, as always, the felling of the comunity, Baze really need to be at a hard node? We discussed this so much here, because we were tired of toons at cantina and now u make it worst!? I'm not even gonna talk about Chirrut at fleet shipments.

You all know very well wich toons player base is looking for and u devs make such a bad move, again!?
    As it seems u guys like to read people whining around the foruns.
  • Options
    If Nihilus is under one of the lightside hard nodes too I'm going to flip **** lol
  • Options
    How hard is this guy gonna hit to justify his mediocre kit?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    If Nihilus is under one of the lightside hard nodes too I'm going to flip **** lol

He wont be. All four nodes have shards
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What ever happened to "the darkside will continue to stir upon darth Nihilus and his release" let's see...we got a sith rework and 3 new characters then back to rebels? Dude....some let down that was lol I've ignored all these new rebel characters events xD you guys need to forget rebels for atleast a year and focus on maybe the old republic era, throw some spice into the game.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    About 2k on his basic. About 3k on his AOE
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    SpendsAlot wrote: »

He wont be. All four nodes have shards

Isn't the last node just crystals ATM?

EDIT: Never mind. It's a worthless ship.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Sheesh. We gripe because every new char is a victim of power creep and essentially OP. And now we gripe when they're balanced? Come on.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Sheesh. We gripe because every new char is a victim of power creep and essentially OP. And now we gripe when they're balanced? Come on.

• Options
    Use this guy with Akbar lead, Wiggs and Bistan maybe....drop those cool downs real fast
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ascltr3 wrote: »
    Use this guy with Akbar lead, Wiggs and Bistan maybe....drop those cool downs real fast

Ackbar, Pao, Leia, Chirrut, Baze

Chirrut an Baze counter attacks count as Basic attacks. Leia can triple tap for 3 basics. Whenever Ackbar uses a special, or Chirrut equalize/cleanses or Pao uses his Offense up someone will assist with a basic attack and further decrease Pao's cooldowns. Should be pretty effective, doubt it's arena worthy though but could be fun.
  • Options

I was thinking about that, but reducing his cooldowns won't do any good if he doesn't hit hard. Leia would also be good for reducing his cooldowns.
  • Options
    Tbh i thought that Bistan was Pao...
  • Options
    I think her basic counts as one basic, no matter how many times it shoots.

I see no use for this guy. Low damage, feeds raid mobs/rex teams turn meter with his wuss slaps, and unimpressive specials that rely on gimmicks just to attain cooldowns on par with every other character.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I was thinking about that, but reducing his cooldowns won't do any good if he doesn't hit hard. Leia would also be good for reducing his cooldowns.

He claims to be an attacker, but he really looks more like a support character honestly.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Ok. Pao. https://swgoh.gg/characters/pao/

When did he get added?

He was added into the game yesterday when the client restarted to add all the new Rebels marquee events for Sabine, Ezra and Zeb and they just kinda slipped him in there too.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    We can't and should not have an op character each month.
This discussion has been closed.