Platoon Requirements

Replies

• Options
    Crazy Baze requirements, if the system is randomised it should at the very least have no duplicates in the same platoon
  • Options
    We need 4 Han Solos.
    We've never even summoned Tier VII Rancor yet and now we need 4 copies of the characters whose shards are exclusive to it.

Not to mention 20 Landos, 14 Leias and 14 Lobots, and 12 Scariff Pathfinders. *lol*
  • Options
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    20 Wedges for us...
    Stenun wrote: »
    We need 4 Han Solos.
    We've never even summoned Tier VII Rancor yet and now we need 4 copies of the characters whose shards are exclusive to it.

Not to mention 20 Landos, 14 Leias and 14 Lobots, and 12 Scariff Pathfinders. *lol*

Both unfortunate circumstances but well off topic for the thread.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    20 Wedges for us...
    We need 4 Han Solos.

Only the need for Han Solos is off topic. The 20 Wedges/Landos is a function of the platoons repeating themselves, which is exactly the topic of the thread.
  • Options
    Suddenly our 10 Wedge and 13 stHan's aren't looking so bad :)
    But there's 75 LS heroes, 9-10 of which are difficult to get, so let's say 65 heroes that can be used. There's 90 slots per platoon. It seems pretty odd that there should be more than 5 repeats of any one character.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Bump...

@CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs

Just curious if this is intended. It's manageable at 2 and 3 star but going to be rough beyond that. Did guilds get more stars than you wanted on the first go around?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. Recruit Players to your Guild that have these Characters in their roster, or you can acquire them on your own.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Our platoons for phase 2 are identical across both territories. Anyone else have this issue? We have had to find 22 chirrut's! And didnt have any jedi. I just wish it would be random across all platoons for all light side characters
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody said it was a bug Kozi. When your entire player base thinks something is unfair, you should consider a better answer than "just go spend thousands of dollars to hope you land a Millenium Falcon."
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Nobody said it was a bug Kozi. When your entire player base thinks something is unfair, you should consider a better answer than "just go spend thousands of dollars to hope you land a Millenium Falcon."

Yeah this. Moreover, @CG_RyDiggs specifically said this was something that would be reviewed (see: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1252420/#Comment_1252420). That communication, 10 days ago, prior to this TB, was the last we heard on the issue. It's reasonable to ask if there has been any determination made on the issue. Saying it's not a bug ignores the fact that we already know it's not a bug, and makes it sound like you're unaware of RyDigg's statement to the community.

Can we get some sort of communication on whether or not a resolution has been reached?
  • Options
    Well I guess that response says it all.
    Not even like you can purposefully acquire any of these rare ships unless you gamble on the ship packs and hope for a shard or two.

And there are like 12 people in the entire community who have them, they can start charging money to switch guilds :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. Recruit Players to your Guild that have these Characters in their roster, or you can acquire them on your own.

@CG_Kozispoon
    It may not technically be a bug, but it is also not random. The platoon requirements were identical today across both territories for 6 platoons for us. We had 26 Bistan's needed today. 3 in one platoon alone (duplicated in another platoon naturally). This is doable at 3 and 4*s. But going forward, that's untenable. That's not WAI from how you and @CG_RyDiggs have described the platoon system. We still haven't heard from the Dev team regarding Phoenix and Rogue 1 popping up in platoons in the same phase they're required. If we get to phase 5 and need 26 Ezra's alone... that kind of breaks the TB for all of us. And yeah... ships platoons. Please make the ships you have in platoons farmable in some real way.
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our team for further review. Thanks!
  • Options
    20 Wedges for us...
    We need 4 Han Solos.

Only the need for Han Solos is off topic. The 20 Wedges/Landos is a function of the platoons repeating themselves, which is exactly the topic of the thread.

Han solo comment is on topic.

Their guild requires 4 of them. The issue they are having is that they havent done a single hpit so how could they fill tbis requirement. Would a guild not doing HAAT have a fair shot if they got even 1 gk in a platoon? There would be more guilds upset about that because more are unsuccessful at that high end raid.

The main point is that platoons are bugged and identical platoons are not WAI because the odds of that happening on multiple occasions are microscopic.
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    No worries, @Indominable_J lemme wrangle @CG_RyDiggs to see what we can see!
  • Options
    20 Wedges for us...
    We need 4 Han Solos.

Han solo comment is on topic.

Their guild requires 4 of them. The issue they are having is that they havent done a single hpit so how could they fill tbis requirement. Would a guild not doing HAAT have a fair shot if they got even 1 gk in a platoon? There would be more guilds upset about that because more are unsuccessful at that high end raid.

The main point is that platoons are bugged and identical platoons are not WAI because the odds of that happening on multiple occasions are microscopic.

I'm not saying it's not a relevant topic, I'm saying it's not this topic. The complaint there is that nobody in the guild has Raid Han because they don't do heroic raids. That would be an issue for them whether there was 1 Raid Han or 20. It's not about the platoons being identical, which is what this thread is about.
  • Options
    Thanks Kozi
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Can we get some sort of communication on whether or not a resolution has been reached?
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Copied from my edit to OP:

DEVELOPER POST: @CG_RyDiggs
    Hello everyone,
    We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.
    I want to let you know we are collecting feedback.
    We are listening.
    We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    However, please rest assured, you are being heard.
    We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.
    Please try to enjoy your weekends as well, and know we're all in this together.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

Please re-read my post line by line, as I tried to convey that we are reading, we are reviewing, if/when any changes are made, we will be announcing. This is fairly standard, but sometimes I find that us acknowledging that fact helps player's with expectations.

ANY new game changes will be announced through the normal means through our UPDATE and News & Announcment methods. Thus this message is dead.
    That said, I'll post this again but won't be replying as all of the information available on the topic is here and unchanged.

1. We are listening.
    * Self explanatory. I'm just confirming what you know (evidenced by me repying ;) )

2. We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    * Pretty clear setting of expectation there.

3. This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    4. Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    * Reminder that we're constantly updating and changing aspects of the game to improve and enhance it.

5. I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    * Confirmation that we will review feedback. If or when we take action is not committed. ONLY that we do read and review feedback.

6. There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    * Again, setting expectation for current TB. Explicitly saying we are not committing to anything.

7. I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    * Most Important: Not committing to any future changes of TBs.

Again, I thank you VERY much for your support and dedication to the game. We'll continue working to match the passion and engagement of our players!

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue in our guild, who do I contact about a remedy ?
  • Options
    Wow. Thanks. @CG_RyDiggs.
    1. We are listening.
    * Self explanatory. I'm just confirming what you know (evidenced by me repying ;) )
    2. We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    * Pretty clear setting of expectation there.

Apparently you aren't listening all that closely, or you would have known that #2 isn't as clear as you think. The general reaction, throughout the mega thread where you posted this, was that "this TB" meant the one in progress. Not Hoth. Since you guys have shown that you can actually change things in existing game modes (say nAAT...), there's no reason why we would think you would "not be able to" make changes to Hoth. So if you had been listening, you might have wanted to clarify that part.
    3. This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    4. Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    * Reminder that we're constantly updating and changing aspects of the game to improve and enhance it.
    5. I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    * Confirmation that we will review feedback. If or when we take action is not committed. ONLY that we do read and review feedback.

Given the general uproar on this, you might have wanted to be clearer that there were going to be no changes to the Hoth TB ever (though we will get to that below), and that these platoon requirements will continue to exist. Hoth, apparently is not a "living" part of the game, since you've now said it can't be changed.
    6. There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    * Again, setting expectation for current TB. Explicitly saying we are not committing to anything.

Sure there is. I'm not a programmer, but even I know that coding can change. In fact, it already has in Hoth (see the star requirements for the Rolo mission -- that changed multiple times). So there is a way, you just won't actually do it. This gets back to the fact that the interpretation of your statement (which wasn't "corrected" by you or anyone else on the dev team) that "this TB" meant the one in progress.
    7. I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    * Most Important: Not committing to any future changes of TBs.

Nobody asked you to.

Thanks for the condescension though.
  • Options
    JJay wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue in our guild, who do I contact about a remedy ?

Everybody is having the same issue. Cozi said the devs are looking into it. There's nothing else you can do.
  • Aramus
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the condescension though.

Indeed. Very condescending.
  • Options
    Just to lighten the thread back up a bit.. could you please then make ships like the falcon and reaper farmable instead?, they have been out a very long time now and doing so would appease many of the complaints if there was a realistic way of getting these ships to the required star levels!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Liath, do you have a link to that post?

Thanks
  • Options
    Wait, wait, wait ... "can't change this TB" doesn't refer to the current active event but to ALL future instances of Hoth??

Teething problems for a new game feature meaning it's not very good is to be expected.
    But leaving those perceived teething problems in as a permanent fixture?? That's just ... silly. Our Guild currently needs 4 copies of Han Solo (yeah, the Rancor VII exclusive one which we've never even summoned once so far) and you're telling me that such requirements are going to be standard?? ROFLMAO! Well here's a feature of the game we're never going to bother with again ... !
  • Options
    I thought he initially meant the TB currently in progress, as well. Way to do go.