Shard Chat: Yendor, Black Sachi, RelishYoda, DanielsJack, Moondawg, Yiuman, Drevh, Cetta, jkdmike

Replies

• Options
    Yendor wrote: »
    I hope you guys will allow me the conceit of posting this here without taking offense. Today was an awesome day and wanted to share it with you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/35605/congratulations-to-team-instinct-for-defeating-the-heroic-tier-of-the-rancor-raid/p1

Also, welcome to the thread @Bender76. You've been fielding a great arena team.

Anyone else felt like our shard has become more active this past week with a lot of new faces showing up in the top 10?

Congrats! Must've been fun.
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    aeneas604 wrote: »
    @Yendor i think that QGJ is more of a threat on your team than GS because QJG can dispel taunts and add offense up. GS has no value other than a hard hitting assist and he can be nullified with the proper team in the first turn or two. just my opinion

Thanks, I'll give him a try!
  • Options
    Congrats @yendor :) I cannot imagine what facing a t7 rancor is like... My guild are slugging our way through a t6 raid. Day 2, finally killed off the piggies lol
  • Options
    AHHHH!!! they thought they could lock me out!!!!! 1 and 1/2 minutes to win a match before 7pm payout ...throw that baby on AUTO and see what happens!!! Rank #1 with 5 seconds left ha ha ha ha ha!!! feels good baby!~~!
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    aeneas604 wrote: »
    AHHHH!!! they thought they could lock me out!!!!! 1 and 1/2 minutes to win a match before 7pm payout ...throw that baby on AUTO and see what happens!!! Rank #1 with 5 seconds left ha ha ha ha ha!!! feels good baby!~~!

Lol, congrats man

• aeneas604
    42 posts Member
    Options
    btw it's interesting that in a sea of Dooku leads there are under 10 Old Ben leaders in the top 200
    ...Do people think his leader ability is still broken?
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to say, may be a lot of people haven't farmed him because he was broken, or didn't think he was valuable, or as you said, think he is still broken.

I like him as lead, but my gamestyle is a bit schizophrenic, so it'll be another team before long ;)
  • aeneas604
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that makes sense. Ben as lead can be interesting because the ai rarely attacks him but he deflects aoe attacks often giving him a turn (and others) before he normally would. I estimate that his ability block/damage down special is perhaps the best move in the game.

I like him as lead as well and he seems to pair well with ig88 and vader (who has been one hit KO'ing people for me). As for the changing gamestyle, that's a good thing , that means you are adapting as well as testing out new squads. That is one of the best parts of this game--the collector aspect--in that there are over 60 characters and our arena squad is a mere 5. Tons of variation to be had. Props to devs for making a very cool game.
  • Options
    @relish_yoda your post reminded me... For the first time ever, I beat you today. Without a dispeller I had always struggled vs 2x tank teams, but now my teebo has lost a few pounds and is in generally good shape I thought i'd give him a shot. Turned out well, finally... gg for foxing me til now :)

@yendor i nearly beat you today with an ackbar L team. Got to 4 v 1 with just your fives remaining, with Lumi, ackbar, a half-dead HRS and a near-dead Poggle. HRS failed to stun and that was that. Sad times. :/
  • sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options
    @thecuriousocelot good game tonight. Out of interest, why did you change your Akbar lead to Old Ben?

@yendor your team seemed tougher tonight - it took me 3'attempts to beat you. Have you geared up or just rng not going my way?
  • Options
    @sc7606 GGWP! I didn't think i'd left you enough time. :) Haha I knew whichever squad I sent out you'd be able to beat. I was hoping old bens evasion would make the battle last just long enough that you wouldn't be able to win before payout. Turns out I was wrong...
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    @yendor i nearly beat you today with an ackbar L team. Got to 4 v 1 with just your fives remaining, with Lumi, ackbar, a half-dead HRS and a near-dead Poggle. HRS failed to stun and that was that. Sad times. :/

I love my fives :smiley:

• Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    sc7606 wrote: »
    @yendor your team seemed tougher tonight - it took me 3'attempts to beat you. Have you geared up or just rng not going my way?

Man I've got to stop switching my team. Do you remember which one you faced? I'm guessing by your timestamp it was Ben, fives, leia, rg, qgj? Unless, I'm wrong and you went against a Nute led team, in which case, todays the first time for me to run that exact team (though I've had a couple of other nute teams).

I don't think I've changed anything on the Ben team this week, so was probably just bad rng
  • sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options

Man I've got to stop switching my team. Do you remember which one you faced? I'm guessing by your timestamp it was Ben, fives, leia, rg, qgj? Unless, I'm wrong and you went against a Nute led team, in which case, todays the first time for me to run that exact team (though I've had a couple of other nute teams).

I don't think I've changed anything on the Ben team this week, so was probably just bad rng

It was the Ben team - I've faced that team before as well (I think the day before yesterday - could have been the before that though) and it didn't give me anywhere near the problems it did yesterday. Which either means my RNG was good before verses bad yesterday or your team is somehow better.

Please don't stop switching your team - variety is good.

@thecuriousocelot I had 18s to spare.......... I really thought you'd locked me out. Ben dodging at the end had my heartrate going.

On a related note - I've been switching out my yoda with rey, any feedback on which team is harder to beat gratefully received. I get the feeling my team isn't great on defense these days.
  • Options
    @sc7606 18secs huh? Man that was close :)

Rey is much tougher than Yoda. AI doesn't know how to use Yoda unfortunately and Rey hits like a wampa on steroids. :/
  • Bender76
    24 posts Member
    Options

Your Nute lead isn't very good defense. I have no problem with that set up. Way more trouble with the Ben lead.
  • Options
    Do we have a moondawg here?
  • Options
    Do we have a moondawg here?

I don't think he's here. He's EST, I'm in the daily battle with him and the rest of the EST'ers...
  • Options
    I knew he wasn't gmt! He attacked me 3x before payout just now . Not cool :/
  • Options
    Thnx for the info relish :)
  • sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options

I wondered what happened to you tonight. Bad luck.
  • Options

I wondered what happened to you tonight. Bad luck.

Yup. Wasn't happy... Til tomorrow ^^
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure Moondawg is EST. He seems to sometimes attack near EST payout times probably because he is just using up his leftover attacks before the reset time for GMT.
  • Options
    @bender76 just came across your arena squad... in GW :open_mouth: for the ninth node!

Took me at least 7-8 goes, but at least now i know how to beat you in arena >:)

• Bender76
    24 posts Member
    Options
    @bender76 just came across your arena squad... in GW :open_mouth: for the ninth node!

Took me at least 7-8 goes, but at least now i know how to beat you in arena >

Haha ouch! I hate to see teams like mine 9th node. Don't worry I'll be here for you beat!
  • sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options
    @thecuriousocelot Well played my friend - I thought I'd left you too much time, and apparently I was right.
  • Options
    @thecuriousocelot Well played my friend - I thought I'd left you too much time, and apparently I was right.

Thank you! I think you're still leading our head to head by around 30-3 tho :)
  • Options
    @sc7606 you can take #1 today - I won't compete - but pls don't knock me down lower than #2. Basically, I've finished my 5 battles and don't want to spend 50 crystals on a refresh. :)
  • Options
    @thecuriousocelot I gotta say. I always underestimate Ackbar and then bam, he has refilled his allies health to full and dispelled all negative status effects. ****. Nice squad. Got bumped from #1 to #11 in 24 hours, usually I would fall to mid 20's. Not sure what happened or if people just weren't playing today. Or maybe my team is getting stronger!!
  • sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options
    @thecuriousocelot It wasn't me that knocked you down to 3 - it was old king. I happily swooped in from 5 to 1 at that point though.